• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

I cosign what feist is saying. We are not going to risk having this thread locked because of tasteless "jokes". I was about to report the gif usage on the last page, but mods were busy enough with the switch conference threads and shitposting.

I won't think about it twice if it happens again.

Kazzy

SEOHYUN 서현_Don't Say No_Music Video Teaser #2
I kind of wish she did her own thing instead of Ariana Grande redux, but I guess it's a good reference material, production wise. Waiting for Yuri solo debut to bring the EDM bangers, then. *daydreaming*.

You're right on both counts. I will enjoy the production on this track by the sounds of it, regardless.

But honestly, even from that little snippet, I already like it quite a bit.

--------------

And all the posting of Daydreamer finally got to listen to'Chase Me' in full (which I was positive I'd already done), and it's growing on me. Definitely good enough to enter my current rotation, and the fact it's so evocative of J-Pop doesn't exactly hurt it!

Pendulum

So apparently Gary and Gil have split and Leessang is no more. According to a Korean article they fell out in 2015 and refused to work together and then ran into financial troubles so Leessang company has been closed down.

Sucks.

I've only seen 1 source for this which was a video from the other day from a random YouTube account with 200 or so subs. Are there other sources now?

---

4Minute died so CLC could live (and Yeeun could imitate Hyuna)

---

Seohyun "Don't Say No" MV

I've only seen 1 source for this which was a video from the other day from a random YouTube account with 200 or so subs. Are there other sources now?
Article here.

Could be bollox, but would make sense, considering they haven't released anything together in ages, formed individual labels under Leessang Company last year and Gary focusing on solo stuff, China and Halyang.

Kazzy

There it is!

First impressions are that I'm kind of underwhelmed. The actual base of the song though seems pretty generic, and I was kind of hoping the transitions would actually lead somewhere interesting, but it's not that kind of song.

I guess that speaks to what I want from Seohyun with this, an actual personality. Perhaps I just haven't consumed enough SNSD media in my time (because I feel like a contradiction coming!), but she almost always falls into the background for me. Up until now, all the solo releases do have that 'personality' to them, but this doesn't seem to have that. But, you know, it's a song, and there are another 6 to come, so maybe I'm being a little presumptuous with all this.

I'll probably come back tomorrow and say I love it, because this is usually how these things go!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
CLC put some stank on it but the hook lacks earworm power. They'll probably give up on the concept quickly.

RedEther

CLC(씨엘씨) - '도깨비(Hobgoblin)' Official Music Video

This looks and sounds amazing. Yeeun slayed.

I swear this song better not flop.

They actually came through
W3iJnK6.gif

Despite cube making Yeeun sound like carbon copy of Hyuna this song is pretty damn good, Seunghee+Sorn parts are my favorite. This is easily their best comeback song and I hope they succeed this time around.

CLC is pretty good, but as with 4minute's later songs the build-up to the chorus is the best part. I wish that beat at for example 2:20 was a bit more prominent throughout. CLC looks good with this concept, but I'm still a bit more of a fan of 'no oh no.'

luso

#seolo
O_O
Seobot 1.0 and 2.0 days are long gone. Sympathy for Lady Seo.
guy is killed in the end

"Don't Say No" Showcase performance
"Magic" Showcase performance

Song is nice and ok, but not outstanding. Gonna check the other six from mini, Seohyun wrote lyrics for all them and was also involved in the overall production, "99%" accordingly to her.
But finally it's a solo effort, even if it's probably overdue, it's good to know they are involved in much of the production.

Eldren

Hyuna is all over that CLC track but I like it. I liked Pepe but I haven't been too keen on some of their other stuff. Actually I quite liked No No No but this is good.

Wasn't too keen on Don't Say No. She sounds good, the MV was cool and I liked the choreo and the outfits but the song itself was just... there. The album tracks are better I think, Magic being my personal standout.

roaSone

2017 is off to a good start, no disappointments to be seen yet. The only thing I'm disappointed in is Cube, CLC never had a chance to get a proper musical identity and now they'll be known as 4M 2.0 which I'm not sure they'll be happy with.

Gintamen

They are probably happy to still be alive.
Hyuna is all over that CLC track but I like it. I liked Pepe but I haven't been too keen on some of their other stuff. Actually I quite liked No No No but this is good.
Felt like they were even summoning her a couple times during the song. Who's the one singing at 1:35 sounding like her??

Jujin stands out as always. <3 Sorn looks much better with longer hair.

No No Eul

Awww. When we talking about groups getting culled from Wikipedia's list of rookies a few days ago, Year 7 Class 1 was the first name that came to mind. (Chi Chi was the second.)

#Justice4ForgottenNugus

Anybody know anything about this song/group/whatever:

The Lowkies X Moon Hyuna (&#47928;&#54788;&#50500;) - REMEDY (sunset)

This is probably one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard to come out of K-anything. It also helps that it's very reminescent of Nujabes - Luv(sic) Part 2 which is probably one of the greatest songs of all time.

There's an alternative version too: The Lowkies x Moon Hyuna (&#47928;&#54788;&#50500;) - REMEDY (2am)

Great to see Hyuna getting work, even if her involvement on the track is kinda minimal. Hopefully there'll be more to follow.

Better than the Yeojin's solo. I think Yeojin/Haseul's "My Melody" version of that song is my favourite of the three though. I guess there'll be an MV for that dropping tomorrow?

Dice

Whoooo, she is so fine. Got the ol heart beating. @_@

Seems like an alright song (maybe drawing from Ariana Grande a bit) but the production style really suffers from youtube sound.

Style was very cool, as expected of one of the most stylish ladies in kpop. A whole lot of color in here, similar to some BoA MVs. Her blue outfit seemed cute but they only used it for closeups, so hopefully she'll use it on stage sometime so we can see it.

llehuty

Some of the releases in the last couple of moths got me thinking, is it viable for viable kpop groups surviving with international audience as their focus? Seeing KARD, Dreamcatcher and probably this CLC comeback getting some attention internationally, while they don't even chart in south korea is an interesting situation.

One of the group that seems to be doing fine thanks to this is Stellar, which have raaised ~$44k for their currently open makestar project, but maybe this is just an isolated case?

I wonder if there is space for these kind of groups, and if they could somehow become more relevant in south korea after finding success elsewhere (similar to KARA blowing up in popularity after Mr. becoming a hit in Japan)

What do you guys think?

2017 is off to a good start, no disappointments to be seen yet. The only thing I'm disappointed in is Cube, CLC never had a chance to get a proper musical identity and now they'll be known as 4M 2.0 which I'm not sure they'll be happy with.

The alternative to that would be fading into irrelevancy, so I don't know...

llehuty

^^^ Oooops, Dreamcatcher, my bad. Corrected. One of Perfume's best songs took the control of my brain for a second.

I'm listening CLC's title track and I'm feeling it less and less with every listen. I know it has been kind of the trend for the last year begining a song with a chorus, but it just doesn't work with these songs that are built around a drop. There is no tension because you already know where the song is going to land and makes for a really boring listen. In retrospect I think this is also one of the major reasons I don't enjoy How's this? (the latest Hyuna single), it has the same structure.

On the other hand, Crazy, Hate and Roll deep to a certain extent, know how to build the song and elevate the drop/chorus part. For example, in Hate, that section doesn't appear until the 1:10 mark (it appears in the song 3 times during the 3:35 total of the song(, in Hobgoblin, it already has the second iteration at the 1:20 mark (and gets 4 repetitions across the 3:30 duration of the song).

The album has much better songs, but it just feel like a lesser 4minute album, accentuated by the distracting Hyuna's verses in every single song. It's actually quite sad the lack of ideas Cube seems to have.

Wasn't BTS initially more popular internationally?

I think BTS rise to popularity was simultaneously in both sides of the market. But I was talking about girl groups, buy groups have an easier to become succesful.

Seolos song is a disappointment. She looks great though, but that's it.

Hobgoblin is hit and miss. I fucking hate the chorus, but the rest of the song is great. Seunghee and Sorns parts leading up to the chorus in particular are amazing. Girls look great as well. I don't mind if Cube wants to make 4M v2.0. I just hope they remember that 4M had a career before Hate as well. Give me some Dream Racer, Volume up, Love Tension, Mirror Mirror, and Utgyeo, etc.

Good to know I'm not the only one who feels like CLC is essentially Hyuna and the 4Minutes judging from this song.

TBH I don't even know who they are but anybody who's been listening to K-Pop for the last couple of years should be able to recognize Hyuna's rapping style almost immediately, the choreography, and the beat itself.

That said, I kinda do like it. I just don't know if K-Pop needs 2-3 more clones of Hyuna. I honestly think we're fine with only one.

Also, yeah Seolo is too safe. It's not a bad song but it's too safe.

Kazzy

Some of the releases in the last couple of moths got me thinking, is it viable for viable kpop groups surviving with international audience as their focus?

What do you guys think?

It would make things more interesting, stopping everyone skewing towards one market, and pretty much the same demographics constantly.

Not to mention, it would be a welcome shot in the arm, because they are always desperate for that international recognition. Anyone that catches fire internationally, would surely get a shot (or two) back home as a result.

Dice

You do realize that circumventing a ban with an alt is cause for a ban in itself, right? No one here cares about your social deviance except insofar as it could/does negatively affect the thread, and that includes cluttering it with Korean legal technicalities related to your deviance.

Hold up... so DQ was Dokish all along???

If that is the case, then holy fnck. I didn't recognize/realize that at all.

taeyeon left the group?

Damn son.

Anyway, to more pressing matters than some boring member...

If any of y'all were watching the latest Knowing Brothers with Rain and Hani-hyung, you might remember that them crusty ass mofos teased the shit out of Rain when he said that his new song was a "proposal song"(you know as a song to propose to his girl?). Rain kept denying the shit out of it to the point that when they mentioned Kim Tae-hee(thanks to an epic setup by Hani-hyung btw), he flipped over one of the desks in a fit of rage and more denial.

Well then... a few hours ago this popped up on Rain's official Twitter account:

In English for us folks who can't read Hangul for shit:

Hello, are you guys staying healthy in this cold weather? It's Jung Jihoon.
After 16 years into my debut many of my own fans have grown up well becoming moms and beautiful women.
I am also trying to be a good husband and the head of a family. She (Kim Taehee) has been next to me through both the happy and difficult times. She has also impressed me in many ways (through these times). Now that the trust between us has been built very well, our love grows for each other and is fruitful.
I will be making my wedding a private, and quiet ceremony because Korea is facing some economic difficulties that are currently unstable. The wedding will be held at a church (Catholic) and there will be a small ceremony between us, our parents and families. We have not planned our honeymoon yet, our plans after marriage will slowly be planned.
For the past 16 years, I have been very thankful for the support for our relationship, and we will try to live like a model couple. With this (upcoming marriage), I wish to show you a better and more responsible side of myself to you as both a singer and actor.
"This woman (Kim Taehee) is my best present."
Jung Jihoon

Those mofos fncking called it!!!

They really do know everything.

Official sources since I know some of y'all don't trust me lol: Soompi and Rain's Twitter and Instagram.

vanty

I called it a while ago, maybe someone else had realised before then. I was 100% convinced when he said he wanted to meet up with someone who had mentioned they were in Korea. Even holding back quite a bit compared to the old account there were times the creep shone through brightly.

llehuty

Brazilian guy, living in korea, with a Crayon Pop user name, an avatar pic of one of the twins of Crayon Pop, that has an account on neoGAF and tends to post inapropiate stuff from time to time. It took me sometime to see it, but he wasn't even hidding it recently. It's probably going to be more difficult to catch him next time.

Looking forward for the next clueless k-pop GAF troll after face, dokish, 4minute bot and dokish 2.0.

Ym1r

Suzy's song is my favorite song of 2017 so far, along side some of the Goblin OST songs!

Speaking of Goblin, I'm so sad its ending, one of the best dramas in a long long time imo.

Peru

Refuse to watch Goblin as I'm boycotting that writer.

Suzy is generally underrated. I think her acting was genuinely great in that drama. The drama ended up being not great, but she was very good.

Kazzy

I called it a while ago, maybe someone else had realised before then. I was 100% convinced when he said he wanted to meet up with someone who had mentioned they were in Korea. Even holding back quite a bit compared to the old account there were times the creep shone through brightly.

7Z1kYvt.gif

Welp, I was bait?!?

What was the guy's deal anyway? I've gathered a little bit from the past few days, but I guess his reputation precedes him at this point?

llehuty

7Z1kYvt.gif

Welp, I was bait?!?

What was the guy's deal anyway? I've gathered a little bit from the past few days, but I guess his reputation precedes him at this point?

This post (and thread) where when his antics got exposed to the rest of neogaf and led him to his first permaban. There is a varied selection of his posts in that thread. A long read, but amusing if you wan to and have the free time to do so.

Googling "dokish neogaf" will also lead you to some of his "greatest hits".

Bowlie

Banned
I was the one who reported them to an admin, quoting the law was a bit much to me.

Sorry if any of y'all was friends with them :~

---

I reaaaaaally like Suzy's song, it may be my favorite as well!

---

Dreamcatcher(&#46300;&#47548;&#52880;&#52432;) - Chase Me &#50504;&#47924;&#50689;&#49345;(Dance Video)

---

IOI's upcoming final single "Showers" has been confirmed to be composed by Seventeen's Woozi!

The project girl group are set to disband soon, but before then, they have a special song for the fans. The teaser image of a constellation and rain drops below states "IOI's Showers. Thank you <3." Other than Woozi, Won Young Heon, Neighborhood Hyung, and Yama Art have worked on IOI's final track, which is described as a ballad, as well.

Top Bottom