• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

get

Eldren

Lol, y'all AOA stans need to lighten up.

How come were all okay with trashing other groups but when it's poor AOA, you can't even say anything bad about them?

And yes I know NB is a shitshow... I'm just presenting some opinions from other people, I'm guessing we can't talk about opinions either?

Anyway, sorry guys I didn't know that K-Pop is now "serious business" in 2017.

I can't speak for other people here but I've never been ok with NB trashing other groups (plus I criticise AOA plenty). That site is absolute garbage, it's the Fake News of the international kpop fandom.

I can't comment on the accuracy of her actual translations but she intentionally spreads misinformation by selecting which articles to translate and which to ignore. And sharing opinions of other people is great, but let's not pretend that articles where the top comment has like a dozen upvotes are representative of actual opinions.

Kazzy: I think Soompi seems pretty decent from what I can tell, they have stories about music, dramas, celebs in general, etc. PannChoa translates a lot of Nate, Naver, Pann etc posts about kpop but also pop culture things as well.

Anyway that Chase Me MV is great and the song is fantastic. I'd love for them to do a full live performance with a backing band.

llehuty

Neon Bunny - Blue
Really good atmospheric track. (It's a bonus track, only present in the physical version of her last release).

Choa Explains Seolhyun Was Wrong, They Do Not Divide Income Equally
Contrary to what Seolhyun said earlier this month about income distribution, AOA’s Choa explained that the group does not split their income equally.

“I want to go over one thing that became a big issue ever since it was broadcasted. Everyone is saying that we divide income equally between us and Seolhyun, but when I asked her, she said that she wasn’t completely clear on the contract because she’s still too young.

What she said wasn’t true. I can’t go into detail because it’s in the clauses of a contract, but I hope no more controversy comes from this. It would be wrong to divide it evenly among all the members when Seolhyun worked so hard for it.”
Welp.

I just checked out a Minx MV and wow they made a great decision to relaunch that group.

We will always have THE BEST 1st week stages of any group ever.

100% live vocals, minimal or completely missing backing track. Even live vocals during the chorus... Siyeon is a really good vocalist (also made obvious in Chase Me).

Kazzy

I watched this in the midst of a glut of videos, and it was refreshing to see something not quite so 'produced'. Obviously, that was sort of the intent to begin with, but endearing all the same!

I guess when you have rhythm, you really have it. Was interesting to see how easily some of them can snap back into something on the fly, especially when they were being sabotaged, haha!

Uhyve

T-Ara was (in)famous for having lots of ingroup conflict, with bullying scandals and shit.

I still remember Hyomin reading the lyrics from a guy holding a huge sign lol.
I've not followed k-poppy stuff that much, but didn't alot of that stuff just end up being dumb videos taken out of context and made worse by super crappy management?

That's what I want to believe at least since I loved the Dream High (seasons 1 and 2) and the movie White. Also, Invincible Youth was one of the first variety shows I watched, and pretty much every one of their singles were really great (Do You Know Me is still one of my all time favourites).

... Sorry for the outburst, T-ara is just the closest I think I can come to... stanning a group, urgh.

I've not followed k-poppy stuff that much, but didn't alot of that stuff just end up being dumb videos taken out of context and made worse by super crappy management?

That's what I want to believe at least since I loved the Dream High (seasons 1 and 2) and the movie White. Also, Invincible Youth was one of the first variety shows I watched, and pretty much every one of their singles were really great (Do You Know Me is still one of my all time favourites).

... Sorry for the outburst, T-ara is just the closest I think I can come to... stanning a group, urgh.

Like many "K-Pop mysteries", I guess we will never fully know.

"They say that you can applaud only if the palms meet. There's definitely things I did wrong, and I didn't get along very well with the other T-ARA members. But now everything's okay. While I rested I thought about suffering during practice with the other members, and how we would perform on stage. I hope that someday I'll be able to meet them again."

This is a highly competitive biz. They are all struggling for exposure and when you have an extremely gorgeous woman being picked by all the big brands to advertise their products, other members will probably be jealous.

Actually Seolhyun face is literally EVERYWHERE. Telephone companies and other business put a huge picture of her on their doors. Her ass is actually stamped in every SK store in Korea. And let me tell you, they have one SK store every corner.

EDIT: This pic

Kazzy

Actually Seoulhyun face is literally EVERYWHERE. Telephone companies and other business put a huge picture of her on their doors. Her ass is actually stamped in every SK store in Korea. And let me tell you, they have one SK store every corner.

Yeah, I can attest to that. It's actually the reason I started to take an active interest in AOA after moving over here, because you just have so much exposure, you start to have to understand the 'hype'.

Glasses, cosmetics, almost most things you'd care to think of, her face is used to advertise it. She's definitely the most exposured of almost anyone here, at the moment. From my firsthand experience, I really struggle to think of anyone who trumps her in that regard.

Yeah, I can attest to that. It's actually the reason I started to take an active interest in AOA after moving over here, because you just have so much exposure, you start to have to understand the 'hype'.

Glasses, cosmetics, almost most things you'd care to think of, her face is used to advertise it. She's definitely the most exposured of almost anyone here, at the moment. From my firsthand experience, I really struggle to think of anyone who trumps her in that regard.
Let's meet up! Where do you live?

Pendulum

I'm not saying there wasn't some fault on behalf of the original T-ara members and Hwayoung (and management), but what resulted was absolutely a witch hunt in which comments and images were cherry picked and blown out of proportion. Then when it got to the stage where counter-evidence was suggested (by remaining fans, not media/management, which is going to get less signal), the damage had already been done.

The situation is different from what people are perceiving in AOA.

More promising each day, and can I just say "finally". Didn't agree with CLC's music/concept direction from the start. This is a much better fit for them - especially Yeeun/Seungyeon/Eunbin

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not into Dreamcatcher. CLC might be good. I'll catch up on the rest later.

That guy's hair lulz. A Korean guy in 2017 with hair that would be embarrassing for Backstreet Boys

Song is good thougH, as is that Korean Passpo

Whats weird about his hair? Seems like a ton of idols have essentially the same haircut and plenty of international asian students I see have more or less the same style.

So apparently Gary and Gil have split and Leessang is no more. According to a Korean article they fell out in 2015 and refused to work together and then ran into financial troubles so Leessang company has been closed down.

Sucks.

llehuty

Dreamcatcher(드림캐쳐) Chase Me 뮤직비디오 Making Film
JiU so goood!

H2L (에이치투엘) - Winter Story
I think this is their debut? A bit forgettable and dated.

SEOHYUN 서현_Don't Say No_Music Video Teaser #2
I kind of wish she did her own thing instead of Ariana Grande redux, but I guess it's a good reference material, production wise. Waiting for Yuri solo debut to bring the EDM bangers, then. *daydreaming*.

Anybody know anything about this song/group/whatever:

The Lowkies X Moon Hyuna (문현아) - REMEDY (sunset)

This is probably one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard to come out of K-anything. It also helps that it's very reminescent of Nujabes - Luv(sic) Part 2 which is probably one of the greatest songs of all time.

Best Hyuna coming through!

BP posted this image on their official IG

I'm low-key hoping this isn't the official fandom name

k2S1gim.gif

If so It's better than nothing I suppose

hopefully RV will get theirs soon

Happy Birthday Jennie
The fanclub name reminds me of X-Men's Blink (and she has a pink motif/theme too which is even better) which is why I am totally in love with the name. I'm actually considering becoming a stan for the name alone lmao.

tumblr_nir0rxYMXz1skw7w1o4_500.gif

If/when Pledis announce After School's disbandment I'll convert officially.

I, for one, welcome our new Occult-catcher faves.

Dreamcatcher(드림캐쳐) '악몽(惡夢);Nightmare' Jacket Making Film

Pristin (Pledis Girlz) —— [HICAM]프리스틴의 하이하이(HI&HIGH)카메라3of5

·feist·;227869515 said:
By the way, just to clarify... do you intend to continue posting the racist, hateful and generally reprehensible content you did as "Dokish?"
I'll keep you in suspense.

Ah yes, clever. You know... a play on irony/satire and stuff.

Thing is, whether you truly believe the things you posted, or were "just doing it for the lulz, you guyz" is immaterial.

Your joke character antics and offensive posts about women, Chinese and other groups had *several* non-K-PopGAF members of this forum calling for the thread itself to be shutdown; similar to how your dokish username was eventually perma-banned following several temporary bans.

Or similar to the GAF community threads which have been nuked in the recent past.

I don't care if you care or not, really. Just know not everyone here has forgotten, or is interested in normalising your behaviour.

Top Bottom