• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

If anybody is looking for a new variety show to watch, I highly recommend New Journey To The West. It's hilarious. 3rd Season started on Sunday.

1st Season = Hodong, Ji-won, Sugeun & Seung-gi (OG 1N2D)
2nd Season = Hodong, Ji-won, Sugeun & Ahn Jae-hyun
3rd Season = Hodong, Ji-won, Sugeun, Jae-hyun, Mino & Kyuhyun

new-journey-to-the-west-season-3-3-shin-seo-yu-gi-3.63683.png

Eww, why is this guy everywhere? I don't get it.
He's extremely popular with the older generation.

I think a lot of the hate he gets is undeserved though. I disliked him at first due his extremely loud and off-putting style of MCing, but I think he's mellowed over time. Especially after he hit a rough patch last year.

When he has the right people alongside him to play off of I think he's great. Na PD introducing him to cable/internet variety has also helped massively.

2017 solo comebacks

C14kzaqUcAE4fcZ.jpg

Will we ever see that fucking Here I Am DVD?

Also BoA fucked up her face.

EDIT: Oh shit, they released it already. Time to go to Myeongdong.
EDIT 2: I'm watching the rips on YouTube and dam I just wanna cry :`( That concert was amazing. She sounds better live than on studio.

Kazzy

...Yeah, she did.

She was at an acceptable level beforehand, it wasn't too conspicuous. Now, she looks like a completely different person.

I was watching TV recently, and genuinely had to double-take when her name was mentioned. I didn't recognize her at all. It's sad, really.

Short average looking girl in a girlgroup? Must be a main vocal.

One of those girls is the least idol-looking idol I've ever seen. Not like anyone would notice her anyway when there's basically one top member and a dozen backups.

This is some top-tier sass.

Mean Girls [OT]

Pendulum

Anyone know if "The Legend of the Blue Sea" is any good? It's ratings seem consistently high. Though, I would assume much of that is due to Jun Jihyun.

if you're looking for red planet
here's the link to it.
just came with CD (CD jacket looks like a DVD case with post card sized lyric photo book glued to the CDjacket:

SES Remember. i only saw 3rd party on amazon market place so far for 27.50 plus $4 shipping with the poster/photo album. link
i'm guessing amazon prime may offer it after a while. (as with gundams kits i buy, the new ones i import but if it's been out for a while, i'll get it through amazon prime)

I wish SES would do this again =) maybe bc i like the harmonies.
S.E.S - Uhn Happy Day [Live]

Thanks for the links! Will buy in a few weeks when I get paid haha.

Speaking SES, are they not doing any live stages?? I really need to see Paradise live.

She fucked up her face last year IIRC.

I thought I just didn't like how slow Kiss My Lips' tempo was, but in reality, I just wanted to speed up the song coz I couldn't recognize her anymore.

Of course I'm joking... but I do still think KML needs a 10% tempo boost to be really listenable lol.

Also that Hello Venus song is really good. Not a fan of the whistle, but it works pretty well and the rest of the track is surprisingly good. Were they ever this good before?

Kazzy

I thought I just didn't like how slow Kiss My Lips' tempo was, but in reality, I just wanted to speed up the song coz I couldn't recognize her anymore.

Of course I'm joking... but I do still think KML needs a 10% tempo boost to be really listenable lol.

I wasn't around these parts (or in the loop) around that time, but I really liked (and still do) 'Kiss my Lips'. I think it's a great song.

The mellowness of it, is precisely why it works for me.

Peru

...Yeah, she did.

She was at an acceptable level beforehand, it wasn't too conspicuous. Now, she looks like a completely different person.

I was watching TV recently, and genuinely had to double-take when her name was mentioned. I didn't recognize her at all. It's sad, really.

I know I'm a stan but that's just not true. Nothing suggests she's done any thing at all. She's got the same syndrome as Utada in that she can look completely different from one photo to another. But no features are tampered with. She's older and her face is skinnier though.

Proof:

BoA 2012 (left) and 2000 (right)

proxy.php

BoA 2015 (Kiss My Lips comeback)

proxy.php

15 years difference:

proxy.php

proxy.php

To the point they made a whole CF based around her staying the same last year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hInehzyhblk

Gintamen

Eww, why is this guy everywhere? I don't get it.
He's one of the big ones, that's why. A bit dated, but his redemption through Knowing Bros in combination with Su Geun brings out a lot of good jokes. Journey to the West 2.5 is pretty funny so far, especially the ball bet with Kyuhyun.

llehuty

enewstv 악몽 컨셉의 걸그룹이 왔다! 드림캐쳐 ′Chase Me′ 첫 무대 영상 151119
Yesssssssss, that choreo. The energy is over the roof. I really like that section to close the first chorus. The hair pulling is fantastic, gives a big impact. Not sure if they are going to be able to sing live though.

There are plenty of fancams in youtube (hopefully one of them that girl working the floor), but my computer would only let me load this one. MV is dropping in ~4 hours.

Edit: Better fancam
Also, from reddit:
I think it's important to note that they're wearing what looks like a shortened Yukata, except wrapped right over left, something that's usually only done for the deceased.
Really cool detail.

Dreamcatcher has delivered wow.
It's so solid with the song, choreo and concept that it reminds me of OMG's Closer, except the mood is the complete opposite. I especially loved the move where they pull their hair, and then that moment when one girl is on the floor. The attention to detail too. Really looking forward to the MV now. SLAYED.

Really impressed by the production, though I need the clean MP3 to really judge. We could as well have a new up & coming hitmaker, the people behind the track also worked on Dal Shabet stuff before. Most notably 2/3 worked with Subin on the Joker mini (which arguably is Dal Shabet's weakest, but you know they have to start somewhere).

Maybe I'm being ignorant here, but what's the deal with this? I need some context, haha.

Are you trying to say she's persona non grata?

Lol nah, if anything the other members should be grateful for Seolhyun. I can't find a clip on YT unfortunately the but gist is this...

Those 4 girls with their hands up in the first picture are the unpopular members of AOA and they're basically throwing shade at Seolhyun saying that they're better than her or whatever.

Seolhyun put on that smile and one of the unpopular members stabs another knife in her back saying that smile is a "commercial smile" aka a fake smile.

The thing was, if you didn't know shit about AOA(like I do) then you'd assume that it was all a huge joke but mentioning that it was a fake smile basically put it out in the open that they were jealous of Seolhyun.

Also, there's this from the K-netizens:

2. [+663, -43] Chanmi seems to have a lot of issues with Seolhyun on the regular;; and Mina looked like she had quite the temper too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I was pretty taken aback by their personalities, it would've been better for them to stay off the show

6. [+107, -1] Seems a lot of their unpopular members are jealous of the others, I doubt this group is going to last long then... Every single word they said seemed to have a thorn of jealousy stuck in it. And they really seemed empty headed too;;;

8. [+80, -1] Is it Chanmi's concept to rag on Seolhyun all the time? She's always dissing her on TV shows. She seems to think she has to drag Seolhyun no matter what to get screentime, which probably pisses Seolhyun off considering she's sharing her income with her.

More here at NetizenBuzz.

Essentially even a lot of the k-netz are in agreement that the unpopular members are being huge dicks to Seolhyun and they need STFU or AOA will be dead in a few years.

llehuty

jongkookie, pls. knetizens also say that Sulli has mental issues, that their favourite oppa rapist didn't mean it, or that Twice members are lazy in function of how high the jump in the choreo. What knetizens think has zero value whatsoever. And we all know how powerful the edit of a show can be or how clueless some idols are about how to do "comedy". We also don't know how the group is behind the scenes, maybe Seolhyun is actually being a bitch to them? Also, that post is bottom barrel netizenbuzz clickbait post, the number of upvotes of the top comment are laughable.

Seolhyun is also popular because FNC was pushing her to be it. If they had tried to split a bit the atention maybe we would have a Twice/SNSD/Sistar/A-Pink/2NE1 situation, with several members being popular and the group overall being as popular as some of the members by themselves. Now they have a Suzy 2.0/Hyuna 3.0, where the group star is not in good terms with the rest of the group. I see some kind of pattern.

Anyway, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes and probably will never know. But is probably neither black or white and maybe everyone is at fault.

Tangeroo

Those 4 girls with their hands up in the first picture are the unpopular members of AOA and they're basically throwing shade at Seolhyun saying that they're better than her or whatever.

Seolhyun put on that smile and one of the unpopular members stabs another knife in her back saying that smile is a "commercial smile" aka a fake smile.

The thing was, if you didn't know shit about AOA(like I do) then you'd assume that it was all a huge joke but mentioning that it was a fake smile basically put it out in the open that they were jealous of Seolhyun.

Knowing Brothers is a show about throwing shade for entertainment purposes. Also, when those 4 raise their hands, it's because their goal for the year is to become more popular than Seolhyun, not that they think they're better than her. They're saying that because they acknowledge that they're way less popular than she is. And yes, they absolutely are envious of her success, but it doesn't appear to be in a vindictive way.

Bowlie

Banned
Holy shit, these beats are *so* good.

This album's theme portrays black music theme of 1990-2000's hiphop golden era in which Eyedi's has added her own interpretation with the help of Francis who produced Eyedi's debut song "Sign".

I need to find a way to get my hands on this album!

Eldren

I can't believe I just saw NetizenBuzz referenced as a legitimate source of information in 2017. There were articles with thousands of upvotes for positive comments about the show, like how cute Mina was with the MCs etc, but NB doesn't translate those because 1) she hates AOA 2) she hates that Seolhyun is popular and 3) she knows it pisses people off. It's clickbait.

If you're curious about the actual context of those screenshots the whole episode is subbed.

Anyway that Dreamcatcher choreo is legit, god damn.

Lol, y'all AOA stans need to lighten up.

How come were all okay with trashing other groups but when it's poor AOA, you can't even say anything bad about them?

And yes I know NB is a shitshow... I'm just presenting some opinions from other people, I'm guessing we can't talk about opinions either?

Anyway, sorry guys I didn't know that K-Pop is now "serious business" in 2017.

Gintamen

All they said that it was their goal to get just a popular and made fun of a smile that was obviously fake to everyone in the room.

Well it's impossible to really gauge relationships between members, because we only see them with cameras around and it's easy to assume things when you only pay attention to specific things. Look how out of control things got for T-ara, and the 'evidence' is still absolutely trash.

Sites like NB definitely feed a skewed perception into the international fans. I get that it's interesting to have a look into how Korean netizens comment on certain topics, but at the end of the day it's still only online comments and when are online comments not trash, especially on news sites/portals. I bailed out long ago when it was obvious how selective translations can really make a big deal out of something/nothing. Seolhyun being one of them.

Pendulum

Lol, y'all AOA stans need to lighten up.

How come were all okay with trashing other groups but when it's poor AOA, you can't even say anything bad about them?

All people were doing was correcting your comment about "throwing shade", giving it context in terms of the show.

Regardless of AOA's true group dynamics, I really think you should read some other sites apart from NB/Asian Junkie :)

---

CLC - 5th Mini Album "CRYSTYLE" Audio Snippet

---

이달의 소녀/희진&현진 (LOOΠΔ/HeeJin&HyunJin) "My Sunday Teaser"

---

Been slack on Golden Tambourine performances because new year business and all, but here's YooA performing Hyori's "U-Go-Girl"
Edit: Here, have Yoojung performing Block B's "Very Good" too
Hell, have Jo Kwon and Yoo Seyoon performing Jay Park's "Mommae" as well

jongkookie, pls. knetizens also say that Sulli has mental issues, that their favourite oppa rapist didn't mean it, or that Twice members are lazy in function of how high the jump in the choreo. What knetizens think has zero value whatsoever. And we all know how powerful the edit of a show can be or how clueless some idols are about how to do "comedy". We also don't know how the group is behind the scenes, maybe Seolhyun is actually being a bitch to them? Also, that post is bottom barrel netizenbuzz clickbait post, the number of upvotes of the top comment are laughable.

Seolhyun is also popular because FNC was pushing her to be it. If they had tried to split a bit the atention maybe we would have a Twice/SNSD/Sistar/A-Pink/2NE1 situation, with several members being popular and the group overall being as popular as some of the members by themselves. Now they have a Suzy 2.0/Hyuna 3.0, where the group star is not in good terms with the rest of the group. I see some kind of pattern.

Anyway, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes and probably will never know. But is probably neither black or white and maybe everyone is at fault.

Forgot to mention that "k netz" are composed of 15 year olds.

Kim Bok Joo is finished...

giphy.gif

Now I have no dramas to watch...

If I can recommend some movies instead,

- Coin Locker Girl
- Futureless Things
- A Muse (WATCH THIS)
- One Fine Spring Day (a Korean classic, slow paced though)
- Sleepless Nights (잠 못 드는 밤)
- The Wailing
- Train to Pusan
- Scarlet Innocence
- Daytime Drinking (This movie is fucking hilarious. Although it's from 2008, it was made to look like the early 90s, I'm assuming. If you liked 'After Hours' from Scorsese, you might like this one, since this movie reminded me a lot of this Scorsese's classic)

If you haven't seen "Cheese in the trap", that would be a good drama to watch (You should be watching Age of Youth ASAP).

EDIT: "Let's Eat" and "Let's Eat Season 2" are also solid choices, drama-wise.

Kazzy

Thanks for the replies, I didn't think they would be much in it, but I'm really not that well-informed, so any clarification is much appreciated!

AOA's new songs have actually really grown on me now, they are good!What a difference a day week makes!

All people were doing was correcting your comment about "throwing shade", giving it context in terms of the show.

Regardless of AOA's true group dynamics, I really think you should read some other sites apart from NB/Asian Junkie :)

And on that note, where are some good sources for news? I generally only used this OT for my updates, so I don't want to bug people for all the little things that I'm curious about!

Wonder Girls poster removed from the JYP Building. It's happening.

Please stay together.

Pleasebenothingpleasebenothingpleasebenothing

Loci

yo, those girls in LOONA are ridiculously young.

YeoJin

Birth: November 11, 2002

She's barely 14.
Code:
[IMG]http://www.loonatheworld.com/img/m4/2.jpg[/IMG]
___

Eyedi's song is good. Liked her previous releases more, tho. Her style remains OP.
___

Dreamcatcher is so jrock. Really unexpected.

Top Bottom