• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kameo Delayed Indefinately

LINK

Here's one you didn't see coming! After a lot of thought and discussion, Rare and Microsoft Game Studios have decided to push back the launch of Kameo: Elements of Power in order to incorporate several changes and new features (some minor, some not so minor).

We realise this is frustrating in the short term to all those of you avidly following the game's progress and itching to bust some Troll heads, and we can only apologise for keeping you in suspense, but rest assured that every last one of these new developments is designed to enhance and expand the overall experience. We want this to be the best game possible, so like any delays we may have instigated in the past (surely not) we have every confidence that this one will ultimately work out for the best. Stay tuned for further updates

Kaboom.

MrparisSM

Banned
Makes sense, this game looks so good, but has virtually no hype. I would much rather it be a Xenon Launch title to help flesh out the launch line-up and get more exposure. I still have much faith in RARE. :)

Joe

the game looked great, had great gameplay, great controls, great style but just after a few minutes of playing it i put the controller down because it just wasn't fun.

Deg

Banned
MrparisSM said:
Makes sense, this game looks so good, but has virtually no hype. I would much rather it be a Xenon Launch title to help flesh out the launch line-up and get more exposure. I still have much faith in RARE. :)

Moore + Allard agree with you ;)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
And Nintendo smiles.... "now you know why we got rid of them" ... and goes back to counting their $$ from the sale...

Soul4ger

I think this is actually better for Microsoft. Don't care how it looked visually, this game did not sound fun or appear interesting in the least. Better to have them focus on Conker and Perfect Dark, in my opinion.

MrparisSM

Banned
Deku Tree said:
Is "delayed indefinately" the new term for "cancelled"?

No way was this game "cancelled", more like retuned and rescheduled to maximize sales potential. This game is BEAUTIFUL. Rare hasn't lost their touch when it comes to adventure games.

Kameo1.jpg

Shiggy

Joe said:
the game looked great, had great gameplay, great controls, great style but just after a few minutes of playing it i put the controller down because it just wasn't fun.

The level design is terrible.

Lhadatt

MrparisSM said:
No way was this game "cancelled", more like retuned and rescheduled to maximize sales potential. This game is BEAUTIFUL. Rare hasn't lost their touch when it comes to adventure games.
Graphics do not a good game make.

Have a geekasm over the graphics if you will, but don't equate visual superiority with good gameplay.

MrparisSM

Banned
Lhadatt said:
Graphics do not a good game make.

Have a geekasm over the graphics if you will, but don't equate visual superiority with good gameplay.

I wasn't equating good gameplay to good graphics. I've read various previews, read over the gameplay features, seen actual gameplay footage. Everyone that's played has spoke very highly of it. Check out gamespot.com and their video preview to see what I"m talking about. :)

MrparisSM said:

Kameo1.jpg

what "touch" with adventure games? The only adventure game i can remember them making was Star Fox Adventures, and that sucked ass. In fact, Joe's description of Kameo sounds a lot like SFA.

thorns

Banned
huzkee said:
RARE = creatively dead

The market will not support cookie cutter characters and recycled gameplay. It never had a chance.

just like nintendo..:rolleyes

I was really looking forward to this game, but oh well, I hope it will turn out good (it look georgeous)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If its a move to Xbox Next, then I wonder how many titles next year will be moved.

Solid

Ninja Scooter said:
what "touch" with adventure games? The only adventure game i can remember them making was Star Fox Adventures, and that sucked ass. In fact, Joe's description of Kameo sounds a lot like SFA.
Tss...

SFA > WW

:)

belgurdo

Banned
huzkee said:
RARE = creatively dead

The market will not support cookie cutter characters and recycled gameplay. It never had a chance.

How many people are hot for Zelda, Metroid, and Mario Party again?

thorns said:

I was really looking forward to this game, but oh well, I hope it will turn out good (it look georgeous)

No no no. Nintendo is creatively dead, but they atleast put out more games.

I mean if MS bought Nintendo for say 26 billion and said, 5 AAA games in 2 years, Nintendo would actually deliver.

Somewhere in the MSGS offices Shane Kim is looking at Kenn Lobb and wanting to shoot his ass.

thorns said:

Not quite. The use their franchise power to still keep them afloat I agree, but Pikmin is a prime example that creativity is still alive and well at Nintendo. Not the same as before but they are no Rare by a long shot.

lexi

Banned
Man, Nintendo made a killing on Rare. That $375 million alone could have funded all related DS development.

SantaC

lockii said:
Man, Nintendo made a killing on Rare. That $375 million alone could have funded all related DS development.

didn't nintendo spend some of these money on Retro Studios?

AniHawk

SantaCruZer said:

$1 million, I believe it was.

Rare's sale was included in the fiscal earnings for that year, I believe.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
SantaCruZer said:

First of all, guys, Nintendo owned about 50% of rare, so they "only" got about $180 million from selling their share in Rare.

Secondly, Nintendo bought Retro for exactly one million dollars.

SantaC

AniHawk said:
$1 million, I believe it was.

Rare's sale was included in the fiscal earnings for that year, I believe.

damn, $1 million is nothing. Nintendo should pump some more cash into them and expand.

Top Bottom