• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I agree. What we really need is the new dev to get the art to be more consistent and cohesive. Alot of minor touches on the game would go along way.

I would love to see them bring out redone versions of the classic stages, I think that would be great!

Did they say in the last stream when we should see or hear about the new dev and season 2?

This game even with its lack of content, some questionable art and not even 1080p, its been my fav next gen game so far :)
The art direction really needs a much clearer
better
vision that hopefully the new dev will bring. The frustrating thing is a lot of the design flaws are fairly quick fixes/tweaks that DH just wont do or maybe doesnt have the time to.

IIRC they said we would hear who the new dev is fairly soon after Fulgore/Story mode is released..whatever that means. I bought my xbone for this game and I dont regret it, despite my issues with some of the art choices I love it, most fun Ive had playing a game in years. Also have DR3 which is amazing, debating getting Titanfall but Im terrible at FPS i just get bodied over and over till I quit haha.

ACH1LL3US

The art direction really needs a much clearer
better
vision that hopefully the new dev will bring. The frustrating thing is a lot of the design flaws are fairly quick fixes/tweaks that DH just wont do or maybe doesnt have the time to.

IIRC they said we would hear who the new dev is fairly soon after Fulgore/Story mode is released..whatever that means. I bought my xbone for this game and I dont regret it, despite my issues with some of the art choices I love it, most fun Ive had playing a game in years. Also have DR3 which is amazing, debating getting Titanfall but Im terrible at FPS i just get bodied over and over till I quit haha.

I bought DR3 at launch and havent taken it out of the shrinkwrap yet :0 . Titanfall is alot of fun and I totally recommend it and I suck at it and its still alot of fun!

Korosenai

Ummmmm, so I just lost all of my progress online. Not even sure what happened. Had over 200 matches played online, was a level 6, and I just logged on to play.... and i've lost all of my progress. What the hell? Anyway to reverse this?

edit: I also lost everything i've bought using kp (costumes, etc.) even maps.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ummmmm, so I just lost all of my progress online. Not even sure what happened. Had over 200 matches played online, was a level 6, and I just logged on to play.... and i've lost all of my progress. What the hell? Anyway to reverse this?

edit: I also lost everything i've bought using kp (costumes, etc.) even maps.

Just sounds like your save was corrupted, so yeah, everything gone :( For me, it happened because the game said I switched profiles in the middle of post-match saving (Kinect misinterpreted some cheering in local MP as "person left the frame")

The game doesn't save anything server-side the way it seems, so if it's ruined on your console, it's just... gone.

Sorry :(

Korosenai

Just sounds like your save was corrupted, so yeah, everything gone :( For me, it happened because the game said I switched profiles in the middle of post-match saving (Kinect misinterpreted some cheering in local MP as "person left the frame")

The game doesn't save anything server-side the way it seems, so if it's ruined on your console, it's just... gone.

Sorry :(

Damn.... I mean, it sucks pretty bad but I wasn't that far in anyways. I could easily get my ran back in a couple days. Just couldn't imagine this happening to me if I had been playing for a couple months.

Needed to beat just one Thunder to get the achievement for this month's pin, and I only ran into one.

It was probably the biggest comeback I've ever done and I won. I'm not very good, but I'm very good at headgames and throwing my opponent..This and sweeping won me the game..I couldn't believe it. I don't know why more people aren't throwing all the time. It works very well.

I'm almost considering uploading it because it was such a scrubby, impossible, come from behind win..Looked awful, but felt good.

abracadaver

pi73odpq.jpg

Season 2 announcement at E3 ?

.la1n

"potentially a delay"

he knows as much as we do. I'm thinking a delay will happen, but who knows?

The smartest thing to do would have been to keep the promise of Story / Fulgore in March by only working on those components and getting them ready. All this additional content they are adding is great but could have waited until after the March update and will only increase the development time and certification time of the patch.

.la1n

Is there anyway to upgrade from the combo pack to the ultra pack without dishing out another $40?

No. I would also not bet on there being one at all or in the near future. We were told it was being worked on since December / early January and so far nothing. You aren't missing out on anything important by not going Ultra so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Durock

Yep! You should get that one. Get the book, two pins, Ultimate edition with Classic KI, and it's the only way you can win the pins without having to pay for them (minus shipping). Definitely worth it!

Silky

Banned
Classic Thunder in this reindition is really bad but at the same time it's better than KI1 thunder. Though I like that mockup alot

dankir

I don't have internet access at home for a few days. Was playing survival mode and no trails were being unlocked nor achievements.

Is that actually the case or is it a glitch?

Silky

Banned
Fulgore Trailer, introducing Story Mode.

Afterwards...Combo teaser, KI season 2 banner, developed by Iron Galaxy Studios. Keits to oversee development

Belieeeeeeve

.la1n

Things always change last minute so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a whole lot of nothing. We'll see I guess!

Yeah I remember distinctly a few weeks ago when during the Thursday stream they told us to look forward to the next week for surprises...that following week there was no stream: surprise!

lol

Also notice he said lots to talk about. Talking could imply they are just going to have a stream like with Spinal where they didn't show him but answered questions regarding how he plays. Set expectations low guys.

def sim

i thought the dude in charge at Iron Galaxy didn't like MS or something?

Dave Lang? He's putting Dive Kick on their new console and he didn't really talk mess about them on the latest GB podcast. He's not exactly someone to hold back words, so I'm sure they're alright.

The Flash

Banned
Dave Lang? He's putting Dive Kick on their new console and he didn't really talk mess about them on the latest GB podcast. He's not exactly someone to hold back words, so I'm sure they're alright.

Cool. Divekick looks pretty interesting. I might get it if it's a good price.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ever since they released the game they have lost so many viewers on the stream.

People got into their heads (with no lack of trying from the group streaming) that the streams were all insider-style content preview media...

...when in reality, PlayXBLA constantly streams Xbox 360 content daily ALL THE TIME, and KI was just getting added to those small little fan-pleasing streams as a new game.

I'd have loved for it to be something more akin to a fighting game insider-focused stream on K.I., where it was full of weeks of pure development talk, testing hitboxes, showing off in-game concepts and prototypes at the earliest stages of presentable development, and always ending with a "You saw it here... now play it first on XBL Tonight in a special developers playlist!" deal, but that's just not what it is. I'd love to see it approach that level though; I wouldn't mind a console version of the Skullgirls' "Endless Beta" at all.

.la1n

Phil Spencer planning to attend EVO.

Phil doesn't really fit in at EVO but I would love it for the hilarity of watching him attempt to interact with the FGC.

https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/448579996559233025

I think Mick said something about this before. I really hope it's KI related.

Yeah he was requesting help a while back for the same thing. A lot of people jumped to the conclusion of TJ Combo but it could be something completely unrelated to Killer Instinct.

.la1n

my pins shipped!

also tomorrow is the day!
hopefully

Mine did as well :)

I'm not going to allow myself to even entertain the possibility of a release tomorrow considering it sounded like they intended to do screen shots / trailer ahead of a release this time. Best case scenario we might get the trailer and some game play tomorrow which would be pretty awesome. Worst case we get a few screen with a release in two weeks.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, the current weekly challenge ends in about 20 hours... think they'll have some Fulgore pictures (and achievements) leak out once time is out? We did see such a thing happen with Spinal...

.la1n

So, the current weekly challenge ends in about 20 hours... think they'll have some Fulgore pictures (and achievements) leak out once time is out? We did see such a thing happen with Spinal...

Leaks seem to be the only way we get any information on this game so we can hope.

Top Bottom