• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I downloaded yesterday and did a few tutorials before switching games

I have a Day One Gold card on the way and I'm not sure if this gives me just Shadow Jago or all characters plus Shadow Jago. Can anyone confirm? Don't want to buy I it when it's coming for free early next week.

All you get is shadow jago

It sucks how horribly worded that damn offer is

Shadow Jago just comes with Shadow Jago, it's not the full game.

Also, any help on downloading KI classic? Dunno how to download it.

It starts up the download when you start the game... (it will say checking for new DLC or whatever) so if you have a problem, load another game and go back to KI

Gamejunky

So I used the code from Microsoft for the 20 dollar dlc but I can't upgrade to the next tier for 20 dollars? It still wants to charge me 40

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So I used the code from Microsoft for the 20 dollar dlc but I can't upgrade to the next tier for 20 dollars? It still wants to charge me 40

There isn't a solution to this right now

I recommend waiting until they introduce an upgrade path from $20 -> $40

Bought the $49 version and I'm completely confused. Received Classic, unlocked all the characters, but only two of the colour options, only a few of the accessories and I can only use one stage.

Is this the way it's supposed to be?

zainetor

Banned
Bought the $49 version and I'm completely confused. Received Classic, unlocked all the characters, but only two of the colour options, only a few of the accessories and I can only use one stage.

you have to unlock them, by using kp points.

dankir

Fuck yeah got my free KI full game for free code finally....

XBOX.COM/REDEEMCODE DOESN'T WORK

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU\

Can somebody tell me how to redeem codes via the One? I forgot how I scanned the QR code for the Day One Achievement.

IIRC. You have to buy the stages from the in-game shop with your KP. Same for the color options, and accessories.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
It starts up the download when you start the game... (it will say checking for new DLC or whatever) so if you have a problem, load another game and go back to KI

Yup, that seemed to do the trick. They really need to implement a purchase history :|

PARANO1A

I'm 99% positive that the xbl card only gives you shadow jago.

OK - thanks. Upside is I can play this weekend then. Wording from the site is probably wishful thinking on my part for all characters:

For a limited time, get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership and play Killer Instinct: Round One, with the exclusive Shadow Jago character.

xkramz

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Can somebody tell me how to redeem codes via the One? I forgot how I scanned the QR code for the Day One Achievement.
Go to store I beli e and find the qr code button.

The Goat

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU\

Xbox.. Redeem a code? I think that's what I used.

Delt31

Anyone know how to get the these music for each character to play the CHORUS during the actual match? For example, we've all heard the full tracks off of that soundboard link. Problem is a lot of the songs seem like they're on a loop when you play real time against someone. I know they are dynamic but haven't been able to get them to consistently play the chorus of the songs which are the best part.

Example - part in Orchid's theme when it says I'll break your face.....very rarely heard during real fights....

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I was playing an online match, after the orchid intro this dude says "Xbox record that" and I just laughed haha.

d0c_zaius

I will never understand the hate for controllers in fighting games.

What is there not to understand? KI = 6 button arcade game. If there was a 6 button (arcade style) 360 pad maybe it would be doable.

No one is saying all fighting games btw, I am specifically referring to controllers with KI games.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i struggled a bit to even get fireballs to work, but then i adjusted to the speed. i'm getting the hang of it now a bit. its pretty bad ass

If it does not work how I want ... it's bad.
Glacius shoulder charge I can get like 3 out of 10 times - it just unreliable.

Mmm. Well I know its understandable, and people have preferences.

What is there not to understand? KI = 6 button arcade game. If there was a 6 button (arcade style) 360 pad maybe it would be doable.

No one is saying all fighting games btw, I am specifically referring to controllers with KI games.

Edit: It wasn't directed to you, just a general question on everyone I guess. Or people use fight stick.

The only reason why I question, is because i'm a controller person. As i'm not able to use a fight stick at all, but I play as if I do with controller.

I didn't say all specifically, just in fighting games. This wouldn't be the first, I hear it for Marvel and Street Fighter. When I enter threads/chats. Lol.

Fake edit: I guess what i'm getting at is that it makes me sad, when somebody won't get a game till they have a fight stick.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Here's a random clip I took to quality test. Seeing how the recording and editing worked out, it is really painless getting skydrive videos onto youtube.

Also this is my first double ultra and I suck ass at this game.

BizzyBum

This game is pretty good.

I'm so used to SF4 after about 5 years of play so this transition is hard as hell.

I feel like I don't want to get too serious until I get my arcade stick for this, though. No reason to practice on the controller. When does it come out? Mad Catz shoulda had them ready for launch.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'm excited at the prospect of this bringing SF players out of the Capcom spectrum.

as a guy who two years ago only played Capcom fighters.

Top Bottom