• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Review Thread [Update: Reviews In OP]

Grisby

Callibretto said:
I'm sure I'm the minority, but I buy fps games for single player campaign. I know they tend to be short, but if the game's good, I like to replay them a couple times in harder difficulty. I'm not a multiplayer kind of guys, I've tried quite a few since I bought quite a lot of shooter, some of them are really fun, but I just can't stick to it in the long run because I want to play other games.

played a lot of Killzone 2 beta and have great fun with it, when the game's finally out, I've only played the multi for a week or two before I switch to another game. same with MGS4, Uncharted 2, Resistance, and CoD4. not because I don't like them. simply because I got bored easily and want to try new things to experience.

No, I'm right there with you. Most of the time when I play an FPS the only thing that gets touched is the SP mode. Going back an playing on higher difficulties or getting all of the weapon achievements, etc. are very appealing to me.

Kenka

NIN90 said:
Holy fuck your accent is awesome.

He obviously isn't a native english speaker but he sure does explain things in a really neat way. Congrats for the span of his vocabulary, really.

A.R.K

Another review: French OPSM

19/20

7f493cab4059ebf1f427516725dd26a8-500x.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
GamePro Germany gave the game 94%. That is pretty high for GP standards.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Lagspike_exe said:
What did they give to KZ2?
93%

For comparison:
Uncharted 2 - 92%
Resistance 2 - 90%
inFAMOUS - 87%
God of War 3 - 92%
Batman: AA - 87%
Mass Effect 2 - 93%

They didn't review Gears or RDR.

Grisby said:
No, I'm right there with you. Most of the time when I play an FPS the only thing that gets touched is the SP mode. Going back an playing on higher difficulties or getting all of the weapon achievements, etc. are very appealing to me.

Me, too. I'm not much for online play, so unless there's a LAN co-op campain, it's single-player all the way.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Leondexter said:
Me, too. I'm not much for online play, so unless there's a LAN co-op campain, it's single-player all the way.
Speaking of which, is there actually online/LAN co-op in Killzone 3? I know they've included split screen, but I'm not partial to playing that way. An online campaign would be fantastic.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
bandresen said:
93%

For comparison:
Uncharted 2 - 92%
Resistance 2 - 90%
inFAMOUS - 87%
God of War 3 - 92%
Batman: AA - 87%
Mass Effect 2 - 93%

They didn't review Gears or RDR.

What?

RDR
FBA4X.png

and they gave Gears 2 93%.

REV 09

the embargo lifts today? for everyone? wow, that would be early....looking forward to reading some reviews if true.

-viper-

Banned
Facism said:
I'm still bitter that they took Warzone and just shit all over it in the beta. The MP seems to be built around a quick-fix of TDM instead of Warzone, and even the bloody jungle map lacks the warzone gametype :/

So, so bitter D:
So fucking true.

KZ2 MP was a masterpiece.

KZ3 MP sounds like a disasterpiece.

Shurs

REV 09 said:
the embargo lifts today? for everyone? wow, that would be early....looking forward to reading some reviews if true.
Of course it's true.

Why would I lie about something like that?

I've had a review copy for about two weeks. I'll share some thoughts tonight.

Zen

Banned
-viper- said:
So fucking true.

KZ2 MP was a masterpiece.

KZ3 MP sounds like a disasterpiece.

I think you're being a bit over dramatic. Killzone 2 multiplayer was by no means a masterpeice. From day 1, and to this day, is has problems with netcode, map balance, class balance, controller lag, and choppy FPS.

Zen said:
I think you're being a bit over dramatic. Killzone 2 multiplayer was by no means a masterpeice. From day 1, and to this day, is has problems with netcode, map balance, class balace, controller lag, and choppy FPS.
best online MP ive ever played. KZ3 beta is huge disappointment. ruined the controls to create generic FPS #296

NHale

REV 09 said:

I am too and if what I'm hearing is true, can't wait for GAF reactions. Only 50 minutes to go and I already have the popcorn ready.

-viper-

Banned
Zen said:
I think you're being a bit over dramatic. Killzone 2 multiplayer was by no means a masterpeice. From day 1, and to this day, is has problems with netcode, map balance, class balance, controller lag, and choppy FPS.
It was a blast playing the game with GAFe with rocket classes disabled. The maps were fantastic IMO. Most consistent map design of any shooter. I only disliked two whole maps in the game. The fact it was my most played MP game ever just says it all. It's fantastic.

theBishop

Banned
Zen said:

Agreed. Kz2 mp did a lot of things right, but it also had some major things to fix.

BattleMonkey said:
The KZ2 thread was nothing but constant moaning and whining about every little thing. Looks like KZ3 is not gonna change that.

Every thread is constant moaning and whining about every little thing.

I remember I really loved KZ 2 multiplayer right after launch but once a critical mass of players unlocked the rocket launcher class (it's been a very long time since I played so I don't remember class names) the game became a complete clusterfuck. Finishing certain objectives came down to luck due to rockets being endlessly spammed. On top of that, players from both teams would throw spawn grenades directly on the objectives and everything just went to shit.

I remember GAF games with friendly fire on made things better but I moved on not long after that. I don't know how much things changed since those very early days.

YoungHav

Banned
Felix Lighter said:
I remember I really loved KZ 2 multiplayer right after launch but once a critical mass of players unlocked the rocket launcher class (it's been a very long time since I played so I don't remember class names) the game became a complete clusterfuck. Finishing certain objectives came down to luck due to rockets being endlessly spammed. On top of that, players from both teams would throw spawn grenades directly on the objectives and everything just went to shit.

I remember GAF games with friendly fire on made things better but I moved on not long after that. I don't know how much things changed since those very early days.
LOL, yup! BFBC2 MP >>>>>>>> KZ2 MP. I want to play the KZ2 MP beta again, that was my favorite part of KZ2.

Pai Pai Master said:
Every thread is constant moaning and whining about every little thing.
not demon's souls! X-P

McLovin

BattleMonkey said:
The KZ2 thread was nothing but constant moaning and whining about every little thing. Looks like KZ3 is not gonna change that.
I remember when someone noticed that two characters in the intro movie(which was cg btw) where doing the same thing. You kind of have to know its there and be looking for it to notice it. He demanded they redo the intro to fix it or he wouldn't buy. Pretty much sums up the types of complaints the game got. Don't get me wrong it wasn't perfect, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some people made it out to be.

Top Bottom