• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

God, I hate people who camp in that ceiling alcove in the Station. Why the fuck did GG put that there? Every other map's design profile is very much "anti-camping", so it's pretty damn disappointing that it's there.

Ah, well. Where there's a dickhead's will, there's a dickhead's way.

leng jai

Sorry didn't notice you guys were sending me invites.

Fuck I was raging hard today. Seemed I was hitting people 10 times and still only getting assists and/or killed.

God, I hate people who camp in that ceiling alcove in the Station. Why the fuck did GG put that there? Every other map's design profile is very much "anti-camping", so it's pretty damn disappointing that it's there.

Ah, well. Where there's a dickhead's will, there's a dickhead's way.

They only get one kill on me and then I run up and melee their camping ass. It's one of my favorite kills in the game. I really enjoy killing those dickheads.

Paertan

I was thinking yesterday. About Air Drones. You guys like to play with them. Have yo tried using them alla at once? Like maybe one guy has Spawn Beacon. The other 6 guys (or 11) equip Air Drones and just spam the shit out of them.
I'm thinking like The Park when you are supposed to destroy generators. The one outside. All spam Air Drones. One or two are bothersome. 6 or 11 should be a pain.
Sure you can take them out quickly with rocket launcher but from experience few scrubs know that.

In other news!
Clan created! :D Now I just have to get the band back together. Any Swedes here are welcome to join.

Baliis

I was thinking yesterday. About Air Drones. You guys like to play with them. Have yo tried using them alla at once? Like maybe one guy has Spawn Beacon. The other 6 guys (or 11) equip Air Drones and just spam the shit out of them.
I'm thinking like The Park when you are supposed to destroy generators. The one outside. All spam Air Drones. One or two are bothersome. 6 or 11 should be a pain.
Sure you can take them out quickly with rocket launcher but from experience few scrubs know that.

In other news!
Clan created! :D Now I just have to get the band back together. Any Swedes here are welcome to join.

You can do it, but it's mostly just annoying as hell.

In other news!

I think we did all Air Drones and all Turrets on the Divide in early December. And of course, Drone Rodeo on the Spire!

Paertan

You can do it, but it's mostly just annoying as hell.

"just". You say that like it's a bad thing. After a game is 3-0 and there are two missions left. Then it is just two missions of messing about. Earlier if you at 2-0 feel you can steamroll, or you don't have a chance.

I think we did all Air Drones and all Turrets on the Divide in early December. And of course, Drone Rodeo on the Spire!

I was pretty sure you already had =) I only knew about the Rodeo xD

Baliis

"just". You say that like it's a bad thing. After a game is 3-0 and there are two missions left. Then it is just two missions of messing about. Earlier if you at 2-0 feel you can steamroll, or you don't have a chance.

It is a bad thing though at least to me. When teams do stuff like that it just makes me want to get off for a bit, I wouldn't want to subject any one to that.

Not that the crazy spawn camps we do are really any better.

Paertan

It is a bad thing though at least to me. When teams do stuff like that it just makes me want to get off for a bit, I wouldn't want to subject any one to that.

Not that the crazy spawn camps we do are really any better.

I don't think a strategy like that would be good enough to win a game on it's own.

I never join in on spawn camps. I just fall back and give the other team a chance. I don't even put up spawns to help teammates spawn camp. I just do the objective instead.
Same thing in Battlefield and other games. I refuse to fire into spawns.

johntown

Banned
Since NeoGAF and the clan tag GAF were taken I crated another one called NeoGAF_Gold. Clan tag NGAF.

Already sent it to the people I play with. We play competitively but since you can have 127 members anyone can join. We are on almost everyday and we don't lose either. : )

Since NeoGAF and the clan tag GAF were taken I crated another one called NeoGAF_Gold. Clan tag NGAF.

Already sent it to the people I play with. We play competitively but since you can have 127 members anyone can join. We are on almost everyday and we don't lose either. : )

Wait... Who took the GAF tag?

add me son

o_O He is terrible! I couldn't watch it. I will have nightmares from this.

so glad I'm at work and can't click it lol.

looks like I can finish all the weapons off tonight to finish the trophy. Just leaves me with leftover scout/ assault abilities. Weeeee!

and leng, its all good. Knew you were surfing

Dibbz

I cannot join the GAF clan via the website. Tried Opera and Chrome. Can't be bother to get Firefox so I'll wait until the clan stuff is in game. Won't be able to take part in clan matches the next few weeks, might be a bit busy.

Found this on Twitch. This is why playing with randoms is so bad.

Www.twitch.tv/rolandsmyth/c/3632182

Enjoy

5:50 ish. What The Fuck am I watching?

johntown

Banned
I cannot join the GAF clan via the website. Tried Opera and Chrome. Can't be bother to get Firefox so I'll wait until the clan stuff is in game. Won't be able to take part in clan matches the next few weeks, might be a bit busy.
That sucks but it is buggy. Try from your PS4.

Http://shadowfall.killzone.com

Login and you should see the message to accept clan invite.

We will miss you for the matches but send me a msg on PS4 when ur back.

johntown

Banned
I'm sure you guys will do well. How did the rematch go? Did you guys play? Was the lag still there?
We actually did not play but we might tomorrow.

If people want to be added to the NGAF clan send me a friend request because right now I can only add friends. Since the website is buggy I may end up having to add people once they add clan support and I can add from the game.

Please make sure you put GAF clan or something like that in the friend request or it might get deleted.

Had some great games with NGAF this morning. Shame I had work otherwiss I would have stayed.

In the beginning there were only 3 of us and this happened:

(Brings a tear to my eye)

1558605_1404110766506423_546895724_n.jpg

LOOK AT THOSE SPAWNS!!!! LOOK AT THEM!!!! so beautiful.

Donthizz#

Jumped in and played some games for the first time since mid dec( adding clans got me excited), played like 4 games before lag started to become an issue, is this a common thing?

TMNT

Banned
Really want to get in with GAF members who play pretty regularly. I don't mind playing with randoms per se but damn it if they can't frustrate the absolute hell out of you.

PSN ID: ATA_PREMIUM

Icefire1424

Been lurking awhile, thanks for getting a clan going. @ johntown, shot you a PM with the PSID, looking forward to playing with a group other than the randoms.

Also, I really need to remember the Share button. Had a few "Oh shit!" moments involving melee kills that would have been brag worthy. Crazy how effective flanking can be on occasion when everyone else is completely focused on pushing forward through incoming fire...

Paertan

A soundpack where they really say "Bacon" instead of "Beacon" is something I would pay for.

Played with two forum buddies tonight. Man it is nice to have some real temawork :D
W/L Ratio is now 1.95.

Rubenov

Heard someone that must have purchased the voice pack. Heard a weird Helghast voice go "Beeacon Deploooyeed" ; thought it sounded pretty cool.

torontoml

Bought the new finishing move pack a few days ago, find it pretty funny. But I think the best one is when you fail the backhand slap, wish they could have had that for the regular slap.

So, I think I'm done with this game. Just incredibly frustrated most of the time I'm playing, and the reasons are always out of my control.

The game is at its best when two teams are solidly even against each other, but most matches are lopsided due to one team having some common sense, and the other team lacking it. Just so shocking that teams can't seem to nail down the spawn beacon mechanic. On top of that, the lag is utterly inexcusable in some matches. It's just not what I want to put up with for a AAA shooter.

I'll wait for the free maps to hit, and for news regarding the DLC/any major patch changes, but I'm pretty sure I'm bowing out of this community. I really enjoyed playing with you guys though!

Top Bottom