• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

leng jai

So, I think I'm done with this game. Just incredibly frustrated most of the time I'm playing, and the reasons are always out of my control.

The game is at its best when two teams are solidly even against each other, but most matches are lopsided due to one team having some common sense, and the other team lacking it. Just so shocking that teams can't seem to nail down the spawn beacon mechanic. On top of that, the lag is utterly inexcusable in some matches. It's just not what I want to put up with for a AAA shooter.

I'll wait for the free maps to hit, and for news regarding the DLC/any major patch changes, but I'm pretty sure I'm bowing out of this community. I really enjoyed playing with you guys though!

I feel the same way at times. The hit detection and lag is utter bullocks half the time.

Great playing with clan NGAF, nice relaxing games.

Thanks to everyone I played with (including those sweet randoms) I've managed to get my W/L over 3.00

1656338_1404618106455689_785371686_n.jpg

For celebration I got a nice DFA that I'd like to share:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8py1oyq1qaM&feature=youtu.be

On a cloaker too ;)

Rubenov

Thanks to everyone I played with (including those sweet randoms) I've managed to get my W/L over 3.00

On a cloaker too ;)

Yep I was there, on the second floor, I saw a body flying down and I swear your arms were flailing around or something, until you landed on that cloaked guy. Very nice DFA.

torontoml

On a cloaker too ;)
Played one game against you guys last night, joined late, but got my ass handed to me. I enjoy the multiplayer, but being on the other side of organized parties is just a waste of time I find.

Rubenov

Played one game against you guys last night, joined late, but got my ass handed to me. I enjoy the multiplayer, but being on the other side of organized parties is just a waste of time I find.

Yeah we were commenting about that, wanted you to join our party, but no one had you in the friends' list. I'll send you a request later.

TMNT

Banned
So, I think I'm done with this game. Just incredibly frustrated most of the time I'm playing, and the reasons are always out of my control.

The game is at its best when two teams are solidly even against each other, but most matches are lopsided due to one team having some common sense, and the other team lacking it. Just so shocking that teams can't seem to nail down the spawn beacon mechanic. On top of that, the lag is utterly inexcusable in some matches. It's just not what I want to put up with for a AAA shooter.

I'll wait for the free maps to hit, and for news regarding the DLC/any major patch changes, but I'm pretty sure I'm bowing out of this community. I really enjoyed playing with you guys though!

This. It's pretty disappointing how bad the lag detracts from the otherwise brilliant and fun multiplayer. I've tubed, grenade'd, headshot'ed my way to anger so many times it's ridiculous.

There's either a serious issue with the net code or the servers. Not sure which but it needs to be seriously addressed. The already waning population will continue to get smaller.

do people not know that shooting a revive droid stops the revive?
do people not know that melee destroys spawn beacons in one hit?
do people not know that you can destroy air droids?
do people not know that turrets work better when not turned against the wall?
do people not know what do when they have the beacon?
do people not know what capture and CONNECT means?
do people not know what a spawn beacon is and how to use it?

Sadly, probably not :(

Kingdoug, leng jai and whoever else partook in those games: thanks for the easy W/L bump! Good times. Apologies for neglecting to join the party!

I will say one thing, though: if ever a player had the ability to bore-ify a match with sheer efficacy and domination, it's you, kingdoug. Not that I would have it any other way :).

johntown

Banned
Sounds like someone was playing with randoms.

Really though a turret facing the wall? Should have taken a screenshot.

RoeBear

It only stops it if they haven't accepted the revive. Shooting revive drone is almost never useful since they can just throw another one out there. Also, if you get a headshot on the person they can't be revived.

Roybr

Im getting a PS4 with KZ on saturday, when i learn the basics can i join the gaf clan?

Need some people to play too, feel free to add me!
PSN: Dan__br

I will say one thing, though: if ever a player had the ability to bore-ify a match with sheer efficacy and domination, it's you, kingdoug. Not that I would have it any other way :).

I wouldnt either :)

Oh Lambda, I love quizzes:

do people not know that shooting a revive droid stops the revive? Also you can melee them in one hit. But as they arent firing bullets at you I can see how scrubs wouldnt see them as a threat hence they ignore them. Hopefully they will learn the benefit of destroying them.

do people not know that melee destroys spawn beacons in one hit? see above.

do people not know that you can destroy air droids? I can give people some slack here as 9/10 I use the Sickle which effectiveness againts an air turret is 1.6% (very low). So I run!

do people not know that turrets work better when not turned against the wall? Facing entirely against a wall is so bad its funny to me. But due to the required mashing of R2 to lay one I have had half my turret face a wall sometimes. I hope they fix the flashing orange/white soon.

do people not know what do when they have the beacon? As you didnt refer to it as bacon I am refusing to answer this.

do people not know what capture and CONNECT means? Some people need to attack and some stay back to defend. Depends on what the majority do I do the opposite...... Who am I kidding, I rambo to next Capture Point!!

do people not know what a spawn beacon is and how to use it? Please call it bacon in the future

But in all seriousness, majority of people prefer scout and assault to support. and when they play support its turrets over spawns. not much can do about it really. :(

johntown

Banned
It only stops it if they haven't accepted the revive. Shooting revive drone is almost never useful since they can just throw another one out there. Also, if you get a headshot on the person they can't be revived.
People cannot be revived from melee either.

Drone Buddy is all sorts of ass. i run behind someone, drone starts shooting, i get there, melee them and the drone barely did damage. i never use it.

Paertan

Do the Buddy Drone ever get good? Just wondering if there is a point to level it up or if it is just for challenges.
It is not that bad if you just consider it extra damage and it detects enemies and such. But I prefer well basically everything else the Assault has. Sprinting is awesome for example.

Oh yesterday I finally played someone good that rocked the VC-15 with flashlight like a boss. God damn that was annoying xD
He was the only good player on the opposite team so I can't really be mad at him.

@doug

do people not know what capture and CONNECT means? Some people need to attack and some stay back to defend. Depends on what the majority do I do the opposite...... Who am I kidding, I rambo to next Capture Point!!

nah, not man left behind. the plan is capture the point, detonate a couple of Petrusites plus a couple of Turrent/Air Drone on it and move on to the next one.

DrKelpo

Banned
Do you guys have any experience with transatlantic matches in this game or are the servers strictly separated?
Til now I just added European gaffers to my friends list to be honest, because I think especially in fps games it is more or less impossible to get lag free games.

Paertan

Do you guys have any experience with transatlantic matches in this game or are the servers strictly separated?
Til now I just added European gaffers to my friends list to be honest, because I think especially in fps games it is more or less impossible to get lag free games.

Played with a NA GAF yesterday. It was laggy as hell. Playable but barely. So not strictly separated but you probably have to join a friend or something.

johntown

Banned
There are a lot of factors in this but some euro people have faster connections then we do.

The game tries to get you in a game in your region first. Last night was probably really laggy because of the Super Bowl. Not many players on from US so it starts matching with EU and other areas.

I know I was not playing with US people because of the lag. Not bad but enough to give the other team an advantage where if you have a face to face battle they will win 99% of the time due to a little extra lag.

You can get in and I can add more people once clan support has been added to the game. I will post again once I can add more people.

KIllzone's website is messed up somehow and won't let me accept your invite. It keeps saying "Your session has expired. Please reload the page." when I click Accept.

Jumped into a public Classic game last night and who should I randomly be paired with but good ol' mickcenary, had an awesome game where we won 5-0.

The next game though auto-balanced and we were put on opposite teams and I must say it was really fun playing against someone of similar skill. Made me think that GG should add the following option:

When you try to join a friend and it says that your friend's faction is full and you can wait, IT should give you the option to join the opposite faction and it will then pair you with your friend when the next match starts.

Jumped into a public Classic game last night and who should I randomly be paired with but good ol' mickcenary, had an awesome game where we won 5-0.

The next game though auto-balanced and we were put on opposite teams and I must say it was really fun playing against someone of similar skill. Made me think that GG should add the following option:

When you try to join a friend and it says that your friend's faction is full and you can wait, IT should give you the option to join the opposite faction and it will then pair you with your friend when the next match starts.

Haha. Man, if you could have seen my face when your name appeared in red at the beginning of the second game. I wasn't playing a shooter anymore... I was firmly in the horror genre.

It was a fantastic match, though; sheer intensity from start to finish with a lot of good players getting amongst it. Alas, we lost, but i can't say I was too surprised with that result. And just quietly, I've put every single one of those shotgun kills I got against you under my pillow.

How's that Doomystic douche? Dude's got some skills, but he was unashamedly running around with a flashlight judaz the whole bloody time. Couldn't help but unload some rounds into his corpse every now and then.

Haha. Man, if you could have seen my face when your name appeared in red at the beginning of the second game. I wasn't playing a shooter anymore... I was firmly in the horror genre.

It was a fantastic match, though; sheer intensity from start to finish with a lot of good players getting amongst it. Alas, we lost, but i can't say I was too surprised with that result. And just quietly, I've put every single one of those shotgun kills I got against you under my pillow.

How's that Doomystic douche? Dude's got some skills, but he was unashamedly running around with a flashlight judaz the whole bloody time. Couldn't help but unload some rounds into his corpse every now and then.

HA, did you see my do a spin when I killed you sometimes. also glad to hear im under your pillow...... nice.

Yeah Doomystic is on my friends list, he is pretty good but he does favour the flash-light Judaz, I give him shit about it, hopefully GG fixes it soon.

Paertan

Yesterday I got a double kill with a melee attack. Two guys in one punch! We ran into each other in staircase and I did a melee attack and both died xD
I guess the game couldn't do a Brutal Melee animation since they were to close to decide which one was closest.

Gonna see if it was recorded and GIF it.

leng jai

HA, did you see my do a spin when I killed you sometimes. also glad to hear im under your pillow...... nice.

Yeah Doomystic is on my friends list, he is pretty good but he does favour the flash-light Judaz, I give him shit about it, hopefully GG fixes it soon.

lol played with most of the aussie regulars in the same game today... Cyberchris , herald, dj_voldemort, dangerousdazz etc. Turns out voldemort was erect chicken but his account got banned.

Seems I've stopped getting psn notifications for some reason for party invites. Missed them all from the last few days

lol played with most of the aussie regulars in the same game today... Cyberchris , herald, dj_voldemort, dangerousdazz etc. Turns out voldemort was erect chicken but his account got banned.

Seems I've stopped getting psn notifications for some reason for party invites. Missed them all from the last few days

ha, i remember seeing on killzone's webpage someone put a thread up saying their account got banned due to an offensive name, erect chicken sounded like it. hahaha.

dj_voldemort is better anyway.

Had a great game against Paertan this evening, very equal teams, nail biting to the end!
And Paertan doesn't take kindly to loosing. In the death animation the tea-baging failed and he kicked the winner in the nuts. xD

Finally finished support boxes today, three more abilities to go.

lol played with most of the aussie regulars in the same game today...

Lolz. I killed Dangerousdazz a lot.

Man, I went 38-11 in that round on ze Park and we still only won by quite the paltry margin. That was a mess. I was flanking the whole time and taking out 4 or 5 of them at once. Why u no use my flank spawn bacons, team?!

Rubenov

Dang leng jai, I thought you had one more game in you. I played with complete randoms and next thing I knew JustSomeGuy77 is tea bagging me.

Paertan

Had a great game against Paertan this evening, very equal teams, nail biting to the end!
And Paertan doesn't take kindly to loosing. In the death animation the tea-baging failed and he kicked the winner in the nuts. xD

Curse words were used in my apartment! xD But it was a fun game. You were sooo close to getting that seconds beacon by jumping down but I got you!
Too bad we never got opponents while I was on your team with what I imagine were friends of yours or something?
Well we got a few but they all left when the got to owned xD

Dang leng jai, I thought you had one more game in you. I played with complete randoms and next thing I knew JustSomeGuy77 is tea bagging me.

You got me your fair share of times in that game and I was coming off 3 rubbish games.

The TB was just me letting out my frustrations :)

Rubenov

You got me your fair share of times in that game and I was coming off 3 rubbish games.

The TB was just me letting out my frustrations :)

Oh cool, didn't know you are a GAFer. I'll send you a friend request, since it seems we play against each other almost daily.

Top Bottom