• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

To anyone who owns both this and BF4 for PS4, how do the multiplayer graphics compare? Am I missing out on next-gen eye candy by only owning this and not BF4 as well?

I wasn't in a rush to get BF4 since it looks like it will be annualized - if I miss 4, I can play 5 or whatever spinoff comes out this winter.

Rubenov

To anyone who owns both this and BF4 for PS4, how do the multiplayer graphics compare? Am I missing out on next-gen eye candy by only owning this and not BF4 as well?

I wasn't in a rush to get BF4 since it looks like it will be annualized - if I miss 4, I can play 5 or whatever spinoff comes out this winter.

It's okay, not mind-blowing in terms of graphics. Tons of fun, but same old formula. I stopped playing it because I'm a little burned out on BF. Depends on how much BF you've played before.

Tau

It's okay, not mind-blowing in terms of graphics. Tons of fun, but same old formula. I stopped playing it because I'm a little burned out on BF. Depends on how much BF you've played before.

Same, totally burned out of bf4. Killzone is sticking with me. I just keep going back to it, even when public can annoy the shiz out of me.

lol, me and kingdoug just had a 4 on 6 match at the Penthouse. complete domination, our points combined were more than the other 8 guys combined. what a fuckin beating. should've been just me and kingdoug vs 8 guys to make it fair.

No, and more than likely no one will join since most people just play the GG made modes.

This kinda saddens me. In a lot of PC shooters (TF2 or Counter-Strike, for example), there were custom servers full of players. BF3 on consoles were similar, too. Is it the low player count to blame here? Maybe Guerilla could have done something to encourage more use of the Warzone creation tools they have us.

This kinda saddens me. In a lot of PC shooters (TF2 or Counter-Strike, for example), there were custom servers full of players. BF3 on consoles were similar, too. Is it the low player count to blame here? Maybe Guerilla could have done something to encourage more use of the Warzone creation tools they have us.

GG could look through some of the created warzones and promote them better. They could just have them on the warzone home page or even when they do their weekend challenge pick a user created warzone.

I would love to give mine a go though others would hate it. Called Quickzone, every map,weapon and mission. but each requirement to win put on minimum. 1 beacon return, 10 kills for TDM, 1 sec to charge and only 10 secs before detonation etc.

RoeBear

GG could look through some of the created warzones and promote them better. They could just have them on the warzone home page or even when they do their weekend challenge pick a user created warzone.

I would love to give mine a go though others would hate it. Called Quickzone, every map,weapon and mission. but each requirement to win put on minimum. 1 beacon return, 10 kills for TDM, 1 sec to charge and only 10 secs before detonation etc.

That would seem pretty fun with a small player count, like 3v3 or 2v2.

leng jai

Gonna hop on in about 3 hours. Hope there are some gaffers on for partay because I need to get better at Warzone. Was completely lost playing in Factory before.

Paertan

I´ll post my stats as well then. Trying to get that W/L Ratio over 2 but I almost only play with randoms so it is a bit hard.
30RtWmFl.png

Late to the stat-whoring party. I would say that 90-95% of my games are played with randoms.

Do you guys even K/D? :)

Yes, I'm aware that my other stats are lacking somewhat. Eff ya!

0kEBxPK.png

^^ Nice K/D. What do you use as primary gun?

Thanks, mayne.

I've been rocking Support almost exclusively for quite some time now, so Station/Forest = Pulver; every other map = Sickle. I'll switch back and forth if the circumstances call for it.

Spawn Beacons are my go-to 90% of the time unless I'm having a shitty one and want a bit of a confidence boost from a turret/drone.

Thanks, mayne.

I've been rocking Support almost exclusively for quite some time now, so Station/Forest = Pulver; every other map = Sickle. I'll switch back and forth if the circumstances call for it.

Spawn Beacons are my go-to 90% of the time unless I'm having a shitty one and want a bit of a confidence boost from a turret/drone.

Ha, You very closely described my play style yet our K/d W/L are the exact opposite.

It is not the gun but the person wielding it.

Do you even W/L?
Im not sure if I'm doing it right :)

Ha, You very closely described my play style yet our K/d W/L are the exact opposite.

Do you even W/L?

I'm the same as Kingdoug. I tend to prioritize W/L, so I die a lot when rushing to plant/defuse or lay down a spawn bravo in a good spot. Of course, I have worse aim than any of you guys so I don't rack up as many kills on average.

Do you even W/L?

Haha. You are very much doing it right; and it hurts. However, I like to think that I can blame my humble W/L ratio on a never ending slew of shitty randoms, rather than my unwillingness to put my body on the line sometimes...

Jokes aside, not that I ever play Warzone like TDM - I mean, I Spawn Bacon all day, errrrrday - but you're obviously a more selfless player than I am, which would explain the lesser K/D. That being said, I'll happily cling to my flimsy excuses and meaningless stats :).

Why not just go mental with it!

spawn Support
plant Beacon
suicide
spawn Support
place Turret
suicide
spawn Support
call for Air Drone
suicide
spawn Assault

That's my strat, except for suiciding I "fight valiantly until I die." And I'd sometimes spawn as Scout to tag enemies.

That's my strat, except for suiciding I "fight valiantly until I die." And I'd sometimes spawn as Scout to tag enemies.

my strategy too, but more suiciding valiantly. Run head first with a cooked grenade and spam fire in all directions. take a couple before i die. Then respawn on the beacon with a turret of my choice.

Paertan

doesn't the air drone not appear if you die after activating it?

Ah yes it does. =) Forgot that.

Yeah I have rarely suicided. Once or twice to get back to spawnpoint near beacon drop off faster.
But I can fight more reckless sometimes with the intention of dying when I want to switch class/loadout. Gamble a bit more. Which sometimes work out too good and you get that multikill instead of dying.

Cudder

Drone Buddy kills complete! Thank goodness..I still have to complete the stuns and shield kills before I complete assault though.

ref

Yay, PS4 has just been delivered! Took just over a month to get mine repaired and sent back...

Really excited to get back into some KZ with GAF and see the new changes.

leng jai

So for the last few days I've been spending 15-20 minutes at the start of every session trying to find a game with more than 8 people in it.

Dibbz

Guys been super busy the last few days so couldn't jump on KZ or anything really. Take it John Town will be making the KZ clan? Send us an invite if you do :)

sorry for the no-voice communication, i threw the PS4 box away and i'm starting to wonder if the mic went with it cause i can't find it anywhere,

Top Bottom