• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

How many kills is it to win a TDM match? Just finished on 44-13 and my team still lost ffs.

It certainly doesn't go by total kills all the time, unless it's a bug. We just won 2 tight matches in a row but had the fewer kills by 2 or 3 in both games so maybe there are other factors involved like faction score etc.

leng jai

Good game guys. Think you guys need to move to Australia since there was like half a second delay in everything, lol. First time play Warzone properly too and I was loooooost.

Good game guys. Think you guys need to move to Australia since there was like half a second delay in everything, lol. First time play Warzone properly too and I was loooooost.

haha, you gotta quit surfing while in warzone brah. lol jk Ya good games for sure. that was fun as hell.

Rubenov

Never been a trophy or platinum guy myself. I find I enjoy myself the most when I'm on top of the leader board, leading my team of randoms to victory. I have a 2.3ish W/L ratio with the majority of my games being played with random people, I think that's a pretty good stat.

This guy right here, best player I've played with. Need to link up again.

This guy right here, best player I've played with. Need to link up again.

Im offended Rubenov. after our amazing feat in extended warzone. You, I other randoms (who were crap) versus an armada of high level enemies. The Forest, 5-4. I guess you have moved on.

But alas, anyone playing killzone is good enough to play killzone with.

Rubenov

Im offended Rubenov. after our amazing feat in extended warzone. You, I other randoms (who were crap) versus an armada of high level enemies. The Forest, 5-4. I guess you have moved on.

But alas, anyone playing killzone is good enough to play killzone with.

Lol, I'll never forget, that match belongs to the Hall of Fame. It's a part of history. You should've gotten the gaming equivalent of the Medal of Honor for the beacon capture that gave us the game. And that's a distinction I haven't given to anyone else :p

Jellzy

Neo Member
Should have posted in here a while back... Whole lot of love going around.

Looking for some folk too play with as I'll be honest in that whilst I enjoy the gameplay, I hate feeling I have to be an Engineer 24/7 with spawn points as no one ever seems to use them.

Also it's pretty frustrating playing with others and being the only one who has his headset enabled by the looks of it. Any idea if GG plan on setting it to on as default?

Cheers.

psn = Jellzy

UK / GMT if it matters. On right now if any one fancies a game.

torontoml

2.3 with randoms? How is that even possible.
Actually it's a little higher than that but I played in a couple parties the last few days, still an overwhelming majority of my games are randoms.

yne36Ts.jpg

Dibbz

Should have posted in here a while back... Whole lot of love going around.

Looking for some folk too play with as I'll be honest in that whilst I enjoy the gameplay, I hate feeling I have to be an Engineer 24/7 with spawn points as no one ever seems to use them.

Also it's pretty frustrating playing with others and being the only one who has his headset enabled by the looks of it. Any idea if GG plan on setting it to on as default?

Cheers.

psn = Jellzy

UK / GMT if it matters. On right now if any one fancies a game.

GG said they will enable Voice coms for everyone in the next patch which is coming in Feb.

So. I love Killzone multiplayer. First one I've ever played (360 convert). BUT. It's really sad no one plays it. Out of 4.2 million PS4s sold, only a few thousand people play it? How is that possible? Anyway. I want to invest myself in the game but I'm afraid I'm going to get the rug pulled out from under me and the population is going to die off.

Massa

I am done playing classic Warzone with randoms. So frustrating! Do people not know what a spawn beacon is?

Please add me on PSN, it's Massabr.

Dibbz

A little something a I made from last nights "discussions" with that other party. Should probably add a broken dualshock 4 in there somewhere lol

In the Killzone Scholars we trust.

12136270256_29d743a6a8_o.jpg

So. I love Killzone multiplayer. First one I've ever played (360 convert). BUT. It's really sad no one plays it. Out of 4.2 million PS4s sold, only a few thousand people play it? How is that possible? Anyway. I want to invest myself in the game but I'm afraid I'm going to get the rug pulled out from under me and the population is going to die off.

population is stable since i began playing, always between 2k to 2.5k.

leng jai

So I've played about 10 war zone matches so far (all with GAF) and I've got mixed feelings. 24 player definitely feels like a clusterfuck on most maps, much more so than TDM (Penthouse...WTF is that?). It seems virtually impossible to stay alive for more than a minute most of the time if you're actually going for objectives. The frame rate also seems to be significantly worse. Classic Warzone is far smoother and actually allows for more tactics.

Side note: I'm starting to get really irritated by the invincibility period for spawn beacons and revives. As far as I'm concerned as soon as you shoot you don't get the privilege of being invincible. Revived people should get none at all.

So I've played about 10 war zone matches so far (all with GAF) and I've got mixed feelings. 24 player definitely feels like a clusterfuck on most maps, much more so than TDM (Penthouse...WTF is that?). It seems virtually impossible to stay alive for more than a minute most of the time if you're actually going for objectives. The frame rate also seems to be significantly worse. Classic Warzone is far smoother and actually allows for more tactics.

Side note: I'm starting to get really irritated by the invincibility period for spawn beacons and revives. As far as I'm concerned as soon as you shoot you don't get the privilege of being invincible. Revived people should get none at all.

revives are pretty instant where spawn beacons have a cpl second invincibility. It's on the official ideas board on the official site to remove the invincibility. any sort of spawn action in the middle of the map should be no invincibility

revives are pretty instant where spawn beacons have a cpl second invincibility. It's on the official ideas board on the official site to remove the invincibility. any sort of spawn action in the middle of the map should be no invincibility

Despite being invincible to gunfire, you can melee someone instantly when they get revived.

Also, only discovered yesterday that when you are waiting to spawn off someone's beacon, using thr right stick you can look around and this might change the direction you spawn?

Baliis

Despite being invincible to gunfire, you can melee someone instantly when they get revived.

You can gun them down too, they just have a bit if extra health it feels like, or at least its a very short invincibility if there is one. Meleeing them is hilarious though.

leng jai

I think revived people get invincibility but at least that's nullified by the fact you can do most of the damage required before they even stand up. On principle they shouldn't have any at all anyway.

Ilúvatar

Is the multiplayer down for anyone else at the moment? I keep getting an "Under maintenance" message.

Odd, I guess that is why the player counts are low even lower than normal? Seems to be working fine for me. Maybe because I was already logged in or something.

EDIT: Same deal is happening with ACIV, so I'm guessing PSN maintenance

Top Bottom