• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance |OT| Sora is Everyone in Every Dimension

No, he isn't.

Terranort was split into Ansem and Xemnas. Young Xehanort is the young version of Master Xehanort, who has been taught time abilities from the time traveling Xehanort. It's a shame that there has been so much retcon in this game to explain why Xemnas and Ansem are suddenly working together. It also destroys the sorta ironic sadness that came with defeating Organization 13.

I'm pretty sure they don't care anymore and are just trying to make the story as crazy as possible.

Mario007

No, he isn't.

Terranort was split into Ansem and Xemnas. Young Xehanort is the young version of Master Xehanort, who has been taught time abilities from the time traveling Xehanort. It's a shame that there has been so much retcon in this game to explain why Xemnas and Ansem are suddenly working together. It also destroys the sorta ironic sadness that came with defeating Organization 13.

yeah, especially since Xemnas was seen as a bit of a tragic villain in KH2 where it almost seemed like all he wanted was to be whole again.

@Mario007+rockman zx (spoil 3D ending - better be safe than sorry for those who could click on these by accident) :
Terra became a vessel for MX, and until proven otherwise, he will serve as one of the 13 darknesses. It's pretty obvious that he isn't a candidate able to fill the remaining last spot of the 7 lights. So Kairi enters the rooster, same for Lea.

Yeah that makes sense. Hopefully it's Aqua who gets to fight against Terra

botty

Banned
yeah, especially since Xemnas was seen as a bit of a tragic villain in KH2 where it almost seemed like all he wanted was to be whole again.

Exactly.

Xemnas spent most of KH2 yearning for a heart, and seemingly fighting for the liberation of nobodies. Even Saix's last words were "Where is my heart?" ... or something like that. So now we're supposed to believe they have been harboring hearts this whole time? Horrible.

Nohar

Yeah that makes sense. Hopefully it's Aqua who gets to fight against Terra

On that regard, for KH3 :
I think it's a safe bet that Sora, Riku and Kairi will be playable during KH3. As for Ventus and Aqua (and Lea), I guess we shouldn't get our hopes up. Unless KH3 is 120h long with over 30 worlds, I highly doubt that all 6 characters will be playable (I discard Mickey: he's canonly too powerful).

However, we can maybe expect some tag teams. This could lead to such repartition:
- Team 1 : Sora/Donald/Dingo. I don't see SE ditch the Disney characters at this point for KH3 ; Team 2 : Riku/Kairi/Guest (Mickey?) ; Team 3 : Ven/Aqua/Lea.
- Team 1 : Sora/Riku/Guest ; Team 2 : Kairi/Aqua/Guest (yeah for girl team !) ; Team 3 : Ventus/Lea/Guest ; Team 4 (let's be crazy), aka Disney team : Mickey/Donald/Dingo.

Well, I can speculate for hours, but in the end we're still stuck to wait for the announcement of KH3... And with Versus and FFXV in development (and perhaps TWEWY 2... Please ?), I guess we're going to wait a while.

hamchan

I see many people saying that Lea is the remaining keywielder of light, but what about Kairi?, isn't hinted in the secret movie?. I don't see anything that goes against she not being the seventh... well maybe the fact that she is also a princess.

Well yeah, people are already including her in the seven. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea, is who we definitely have now. Probably Ven and Aqua fill the last two spots.

@Mario007+rockman zx (spoil 3D ending - better be safe than sorry for those who could click on these by accident) :
Terra became a vessel for MX, and until proven otherwise, he will serve as one of the 13 darknesses. It's pretty obvious that he isn't a candidate able to fill the remaining last spot of the 7 lights. So Kairi enters the rooster, same for Lea.

Well but
even if Terra is at the moment with MX, that doesn't mean that in the future he will not take his "seat" as one of the seven lights, the same way they need to return Ven's heart to his body, and rescue Aqua from the darkness. So if we discount Terra as one of the seven, we can do the same for Ven and Aqua, but I will agree that Terra is in the worst position to "bring him back".

There is another thing that piss me off in this game, why is Sora did not pass the mark of mastery test?, I know that if we take only the events on 3D, Riku deserve it more but come on, Sora has done far to many good things in past games and prove he is a worthy keyblade wielder, even when originally he was not the one to receive the kingdom key. Maybe is because Nomura want to end KHIII with both, Sora and Ven getting the title of keyblade master?.

It's pretty hard to read this thread when pretty much every post is just a black bar now. :p

Dive into the darkness :p

There is another thing that piss me off in this game, why is Sora did not pass the mark of mastery test?, I know that if we take only the events on 3D, Riku deserve it more but come on, Sora has done far to many good things in past games and prove he is a worthy keyblade wielder, even when originally he was not the one to receive the kingdom key. Maybe is because Nomura want to end KHIII with both, Sora and Ven getting the title of keyblade master?.

Because he got captured and needed Riku to save him, I guess.

Was that his fault?

No.

Doesn't matter though.

Mario007

I think it's a safe bet that Sora, Riku and Kairi will be playable during KH3. As for Ventus and Aqua (and Lea), I guess we shouldn't get our hopes up. Unless KH3 is 120h long with over 30 worlds, I highly doubt that all 6 characters will be playable (I discard Mickey: he's canonly too powerful).

However, we can maybe expect some tag teams. This could lead to such repartition:
- Team 1 : Sora/Donald/Dingo. I don't see SE ditch the Disney characters at this point for KH3 ; Team 2 : Riku/Kairi/Guest (Mickey?) ; Team 3 : Ven/Aqua/Lea.
- Team 1 : Sora/Riku/Guest ; Team 2 : Kairi/Aqua/Guest (yeah for girl team !) ; Team 3 : Ventus/Lea/Guest ; Team 4 (let's be crazy), aka Disney team : Mickey/Donald/Dingo.

Well, I can speculate for hours, but in the end we're still stuck to wait for the announcement of KH3... And with Versus and FFXV in development (and perhaps TWEWY 2... Please ?), I guess we're going to wait a while.

Some very good speculation. I'd love to play as Aqua again though. In fact I'd much prefer to be able to play as Aqua or Riku than Sora in Kh3.

It's pretty hard to read this thread when pretty much every post is just a black bar now. :p

I've made a community thread for spoilers and such so hopefully the dicussion will migrate there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1#post40614391

Well but
even if Terra is at the moment with MX, that doesn't mean that in the future he will not take his "seat" as one of the seven lights, the same way they need to return Ven's heart to his body, and rescue Aqua from the darkness. So if we discount Terra as one of the seven, we can do the same for Ven and Aqua, but I will agree that Terra is in the worst position to "bring him back".

Dive into the darkness :p

Probably to imitate Ven not being a keyblade master and in Riku's case, showing that once you control the darkness you can be a master as a sort of going full circle with Terra

hamchan

p

Because Yen Sid is an idiot. It was his fault too that his stupid test was hijacked by Xehonort without him knowing in the first place.

Piers

Secret Ending Spoilers:
So one of the main surprises in the secret ending is that Kairi is brought in for key blade training even though we saw her fight with one in KH2. :|

Way bigger surprise was Lea learning (and succeeding!) to wield a key blade. Moreover, the opening movie is frustratingly misleading - it's like Nomura just took the 'Secret Ending FMV' and decided to stick it in where the game begins instead.

Whoops - and only just noticed your thread for spoilers and such >.< Sorry.

Mario007

Secret Ending Spoilers:
So one of the main surprises in the secret ending is that Kairi is brought in for key blade training even though we saw her fight with one in KH2. :|

Way bigger surprise was Lea learning (and succeeding!) to wield a key blade. Moreover, the opening movie is frustratingly misleading - it's like Nomura just took the 'Secret Ending FMV' and decided to stick it in where the game begins instead.

The opening basically tells you how the game ends...and what's more frustrating about it is the fact that we knew this going into DDD

Zomba13

Honestly I was set to believe Lea to be the final light until the secret ending so I don't know what's happening anymore. Though MX does say that he still has Terra so that would give one slot of light free to Kairi and one to Lea.

I thought the same. When mickey was counting them he mentioned Sora, Riku and Mickey, and seemed to hint at the BBS three and then said and that leaves... or something which made me think of Lea but now it seems the 7 lights are Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Terra, Ven and Aqua and Lea gets the shaft :(

what about to choose before starting among kairi, sora and riku?

After beating the game on proud and messing around with the optional stuff..thought I post my thoughts on the game.

KH:3D is not better than Birth By Sleep, but still one of the best games out of the series. A must play if you're a fan.

The combat is just as fun as Birth By Sleep if not more, although the customization sucks compared to Birth By Sleep IMO. Command board + Melding + etc is much better than learning abilities from Dream Eaters.

The story might get a lil confusing, but don't put much thought into it and you won't hurt your head thinking about it! :D

And I really wish Critical mode was unlocked in the beginning....what a cheap way to get me to play the game again. Story mode in Proud Mode was kinda easy, looking forward to the challenge in Critical.

So am I the only one who is having trouble with the combat? Is the goal to use flowmotion as much as possible?

Also, how can I heal or have my Spirit heal me?

Damn. Playing as Sora in the second trip to
Traverse Town
, and that boss rush was intense. I was just about ready to give up, but I managed to pull through after about 30 minutes of attempts. I was ready to murder that second guy.

Aeana

Is there a specific order to play through the first the worlds? I went straight to
The Grid
and im getting my ass kicked.

Every world has a combat level associated with it, it shows up in the top right corner when you're on the world selection screen.

Chunky

Damn. Playing as Sora in the second trip to
Traverse Town
, and that boss rush was intense. I was just about ready to give up, but I managed to pull through after about 30 minutes of attempts. I was ready to murder that second guy.
Yeah, when you get past no2, lil lobster guy seems like a cakewalk. It's just his attacks weren't meant for the small playing field and get really difficult to avoid.

Yeah, when you get past no2, lil lobster guy seems like a cakewalk. It's just his attacks weren't meant for the small playing field and get really difficult to avoid.

Yeah. Once I finally beat him, the last guy was a walk in the park. I didn't even need to heal once against him. But #2...fuck that guy.

clemenx

Banned
Just got this based only on enjoying the shit out of the Demo.And also wanting to play a game like this. I only played KH1 a while ago and don't remember that much, is there anything I need to really know to not feel super lost? And where can I read it? heh.
I'm a bit sad that I wasn't able to buy the mark of mastery edition, it looked hot :(

Some intriguing story stuff going on after finishing
Traverse Town
for the second time.

I loved seeing Maleficent and Pete again, and the scene where Lea shows up was pretty awesome. 'Got it memorized?'

I'm about halfway through according to the menu, so I'm interested to see what happens with all of these characters by the end of the game.

Made it up to the Grid, beating it with Sora. I am really enjoying myself so far. The world have so many layers to them, with hidden chests everywhere. It makes checking every nook and cranny satisfying. Proud mode is providing a good challenge for me, with random death if I'm not paying enough attention. Rinzler was really tough. I spent most of the battle guarding and counter-guarding

Is anybody else bothered by how NONE of the Hunchback of Notre Dame or TRON: Legacy actors/actresses did voice-overs for this game? The Jeff Bridges sound alike was decent at best.

Made it up to the Grid, beating it with Sora. I am really enjoying myself so far. The world have so many layers to them, with hidden chests everywhere. It makes checking every nook and cranny satisfying. Proud mode is providing a good challenge for me, with random death if I'm not paying enough attention. Rinzler was really tough. I spent most of the battle guarding and counter-guarding

Yeah, the worlds are a lot bigger than in the past, so that's a lot of fun. I'm enjoying looking around for treasure chests more than in past games.

That boss fight was pretty tough. It took me a number of tries to finally beat him, with most of the fight being me running around to avoid getting hit.

Krentist

Neo Member
For people who finished the game: So do we ever
see Tron/Rinzler again? past The Grid? It was kind of shitty that he just fell in that hexagonal hole and that was it... I was really hoping for some sort of reunion.

For people who finished the game: So do we ever
see Tron/Rinzler again? past The Grid? It was kind of shitty that he just fell in that hexagonal hole and that was it... I was really hoping for some sort of reunion.

No. But I think its like that in the movie as well.

Murrah

Banned
Fantasia world spoilers that actually aren't spoilers:
holy crap at the walking on cloud sound effect. Best walking sound effect I've heard in a game since Mario Sunshine's thick clip clops

branny

Yeah, the worlds are a lot bigger than in the past, so that's a lot of fun. I'm enjoying looking around for treasure chests more than in past games.
I think treasure hunting would be more fun if chests actually had things I wanted in them. As it stands, the big chests are the only exciting ones to find. =\

I think treasure hunting would be more fun if chests actually had things I wanted in them. As it stands, the big chests are the only exciting ones to find. =\

This. 90% of the chests are useless. In BBS you had new abilities and even shotlocks all over the place. I didn't bother with the chest in this one at all.

Just finished The Grid with Riku and Sora. I don't think any KH world has ever left me so enthralled. 5 hours in that area ALONE. And I didn't even find many treasure chests; most of that time was spent running around and taking in the scenery. @_@

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Whoa, people actually marking spoilers in this thread now. Cool.

I've spent countless hours in this game. Really enjoying it and only finished La Cite des Cloches just now with both characters. I'm OCD about this stuff but I end up missing like 3 treasures for each character in each world every time, and for the life of me can't figure out how after I've completely dusted the entire world for treasures >.<

Is there any way to get new keyblades outside of
beating worlds
?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Majestic Wings is such a god-tier boss music. So uplifting and wondrous. <3

Agreed, having it play in Riku's scenario when it's chasing you through Notre Dame was my favorite part.

I hope they bring it back too...I think they will, since the song was used in a lot of prerelease material and made it seem like it was more important than it actually was.

Whoa, people actually marking spoilers in this thread now. Cool.

I've spent countless hours in this game. Really enjoying it and only finished La Cite des Cloches just now with both characters. I'm OCD about this stuff but I end up missing like 3 treasures for each character in each world every time, and for the life of me can't figure out how after I've completely dusted the entire world for treasures >.<

Is there any way to get new keyblades outside of
beating worlds
?
There is at least 1 you can get from the dream eater card game.

How so? I grinded that game out (still very early in that game) to buy everything in the shop and no new tournaments would unlock. Do they just unlock as the game goes on?
More tournaments unlock as the game progresses. You get the Ultima Weapon keyblade by
defeating secret late game boss in traverse town

Is anybody else bothered by how NONE of the Hunchback of Notre Dame or TRON: Legacy actors/actresses did voice-overs for this game? The Jeff Bridges sound alike was decent at best.

This is just how the Kingdom Hearts games are. It is much cheaper to hire a Guy Who Sounds Like Jeff Bridges than to hire Jeff Bridges. Same with the Pirates of the Caribbean world in KH2.

At first it seems odd, but it doesn't really bother me.

Man, Riku's dive into Musketeer world is some bullshit. Probably my first real sense of frustration with the game. Whoever designed that should be ashamed.

In contrast, the reality shifts there are amazing. A huge step up from the shitty one in Prankster's Paradise.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Man, Riku's dive into Musketeer world is some bullshit. Probably my first real sense of frustration with the game. Whoever designed that should be ashamed.

In contrast, the reality shifts there are amazing. A huge step up from the shitty one in Prankster's Paradise.

I had some problems with Brawlamari, but once you get the pattern down, it's easy. But no lie, it took me awhile to figure out things like hiding behind the rocks during the second phase, and how to dodge the giant circle shield

Top Bottom