• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance |OT| Sora is Everyone in Every Dimension

Chunky

Phew....thank you. I was so upset. The last time someone spoiled a game for me it was Persona 3's ending which Im still sore about.

Oh gross, I'm just starting P3, and I would bloody kill whoever spoiled the ending for me :p
But yeah, what you said is the opening premise of the game, so no worries.

botty

Banned
Final Boss Spoilers...

How do I defeat Ansem, Riku's second end-boss? He just seems to shoot those shockwaves at me and kills me in like 10 seconds. Is there a trick?

I've heard that there is a command that will help you dodge them, but I didn't have that command... so I just well timed Flow Motion wall-jumps to dodge them :/

elazullizard

Neo Member
Cute, but please don't waste my time.

Besides, the amount of characters is way less than what you just suggested.
The name is for the link portals you can place and send via streetpass. You know how you see a name already like Bartz, Squall, etc? You can leave portals for people you meet, so I suggest giving them the same nickname as your Mii.

What are peoples opinions on the Spirit Ranks? Got enough materials to make some interesting Spirits, but not to * level. Is it worth holding off until I can get the stuff, or get them made now and start working on the abilities? Are the stat changes that major?

Final Boss Spoilers...

How do I defeat Ansem, Riku's second end-boss? He just seems to shoot those shockwaves at me and kills me in like 10 seconds. Is there a trick?

It took me a good 20 tries to beat him, but what i personally think helps is if you equip 2 curaga's, balloonga, dark splicer is a must, you can use it to teleport right back up to the boss when he distorts the hallway and throws you to the back and i love dark firaga on riku, very powerful move. I got lucky and had the game glitch out of control to where
ansem
had turned sideways and was aiming in a completely different direction, so i was able to get some free hits in before the game corrected itself lol

prwxv3

What are peoples opinions on the Spirit Ranks? Got enough materials to make some interesting Spirits, but not to * level. Is it worth holding off until I can get the stuff, or get them made now and start working on the abilities? Are the stat changes that major?

I would get the Three S-rank AR card spirits and get all their abilities first. By then you should be able to create some S-rank spirits yourself.

gosox333

Just start hammering away at the abilities and commands. Make that your main focus with the dream eaters, and you'll find yourself not even thinking about whether or not you have good stats.

branny

I enjoyed Prankster's Paradise a lot more than I expected to. Are the next few worlds just as good?

I feel like the game is coming together much better now. It makes the weak start even more bizarre.

And Flick Rush is really, really good. (Except for the duel part which is horrible and functions best if you play it like Meteos instead of the way you're supposed to.)

I enjoyed Prankster's Paradise a lot more than I expected to. Are the next few worlds just as good?

I feel like the game is coming together much better now. It makes the weak start even more bizarre.

And Flick Rush is really, really good. (Except for the duel part which is horrible and functions best if you play it like Meteos instead of the way you're supposed to.)

Imo the last 2 disney worlds are the best ones. Some people seem to like the Grid tho. Hunchback is the weakest one.

Nohar

Hunchback has some cool music. But, yeah, something is lacking with this world... Probably a fight against Frolo. It seems that everyone would have liked to beat the crap out of him (with Hellfire-like battle theme - just like this one).

Honestly, I hope that "La cité des cloches" comes back in KH3, and that this time we will have our epic showdown against Frolo's heartless.

Gradivus

Sora's Prankster's Paradise is awesome, I love the detail for that stage. My most loved world would have to be the Musketeers one in terms of story and detail compared to the others. The last Disney world is great as well!

Frollo was friggin wasted. A goofball like Captain Hook feels to get double the screentime in most games and like 4 bossfights. Also why the hell does Esmeralda introduce herself ''Hi i'm Esmeralda. I'm a gypsy!''. Like what the fuck. Tho Frollo
calling Sora a gypsy was pretty funny.

Sometimes I wonder how they can screw some of these worlds so badly. Do they really rush these games or something?

Frollo was friggin wasted. A goofball like Captain Hook feels to get double the screentime in most games and like 4 bossfights. Also why the hell does Esmeralda introduce herself ''Hi i'm Esmeralda. I'm a gypsy!''. Like what the fuck. Tho Frollo
calling Sora a gypsy was pretty funny.

Sometimes I wonder how they can screw some of these worlds so badly. Do they really rush these games or something?

Well this game only had a year to be made so...kind of?

botty

Banned
Still it shouldn't be too much to ask for a little better disney worlds when we finally are getting new ones. Hunchback was a total waste and that was one of my most wanted ones.

Maybe it's for the best. Afterall, nothing actually counts when you save a world from slumber. It just returns to where it belongs.

Maybe it's for the best. Afterall, nothing actually counts when you save a world from slumber. It just returns to where it belongs.

Well we can only hope KH3 will have glorious HD Frollo boss fight with actual NPC characters and more time on the world characters. Maybe even have Phebous as a party member.

Oh my god, the Dream Eater journal entries are incredible.

"
A wight that can blink out of sight and fight with sprite-height frights is tight...but smite it with light and it's nighty-night, aight?
" - Ghostabocky's journal entry

Just... oh my god.

Oh my god, the Dream Eater journal entries are incredible.

"
A wight that can blink out of sight and fight with sprite-height frights is tight...but smite it with light and it's nighty-night, aight?
" - Ghostabocky's journal entry

Just... oh my god.

They're far away one of my favorite parts of the game. My personal favorite is Yoggy Ram's entry:

What do rams do? They ram you. Real talk: nobody rams like a ram does. Better wait for an opening!

Gradivus

I enjoy building up the dream eaters in this game, but most of them don't seem to do jack all when it comes to fighting. The ones that have healing abilities never heal me when I need it and they tend to do hardly any damage (unless it's the giant ones like the T-Rex or Elephant).

Zomba13

I enjoy building up the dream eaters in this game, but most of them don't seem to do jack all when it comes to fighting. The ones that have healing abilities never heal me when I need it and they tend to do hardly any damage (unless it's the giant ones like the T-Rex or Elephant).

Yeah, they are pretty sucky with their skill usage. Never healing when you really need it and not using their cool buffs as often as you'd like.

botty

Banned
Well we can only hope KH3 will have glorious HD Frollo boss fight with actual NPC characters and more time on the world characters. Maybe even have Phebous as a party member.

Party Members... I remember those :p

edit:

The snail seemed to not only heal me often, but used multiple things to protect me during fights.

gosox333

So how do special portals work? Do they appear for each character more than once in each world? Are their locations random each time if so?

RPGCrazied

Can you do the flick rush on wifi, or is it just local? Would have been so cool to fight other people's dream eaters over wifi.

botty

Banned
So how do special portals work? Do they appear for each character more than once in each world? Are their locations random each time if so?

There are 3 special portals for each world, I think. They rotate based on every drop, and you can tell which one is currently active by the forecast.

Is it even worth it to 100% Proud Mode? I just
beat Traverse Town 2 with Sora
. I've always planned to do a Lv1 Critical, but I keep thinking I'm just wasting time on Proud Mode if I can just 100% Critical.

My problem with doing the Lv1 Critical is that I might get stuck. In BbS, I got stuck in Hercules' world because of those stupid jars + time limit. I didn't have enough patience to grind for a full deck of Mega Flares.

TheMink

Ok so fighting what I can only assume is the final boss, I'm underpowered to say the least so grinding a little.
But I need some help, is there a second chance ability this time around? And how can I get it? Also Im thinking there has go to be a better keyblade than the one I'm wielding.
counterpoint I think its called, it looks pretty silly so I can only assume a BA keyblade is something I can get lol?
Also is there a different way to get Rikus better dodge ability and block ability a other than the drop bonus?
Story spoiler
because sora is kinda incapacitated right now :p

An other tips are welcome.

Spirits > X > Camera > Outer Cameras, then hold R while pointing your 3DS at your AR card. Put the card inside the colorful border on your screen and it'll just happen automatically.

edit: damnit :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Not fighting Frollo didn't bother me, honestly.

He's brought down by his own devices in Riku's story, just like he is in the movie, only with a Dream Eater involved. I thought it was decent.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I've played about 6 hours of the game. I did a bit of the
Tron world, before I realized I was suppose to go to La Cite des Cloches
. I like it and I kind of don't.

I like the gameplay. It's a nice evolution from the last main Kingdom Hearts I played (Kingdom Hearts II) and it's a lot more entertaining than 358/2 Days. The Flow Motion stuff is okay, despite feeling like it makes things almost too easy. Almost every battle I find myself doing the same tactics -- jump off wall, attack, repeat. It's a neat idea, but I wish they could have found a balance it with some more challenge.

The drop mechanic is horrible. Simple as that, it's just a bad design choice. Especially considering that shit happens in the middle of boss fights or big fights with enemies. Why?! Also the fact that you can just drop and re-enter as the previous character defeats the purpose of being dropped out to begin with! It has no significance being there design wise - but story wise, I see the reasoning ... I guess.

In terms of story ... well, I don't really like it or Kingdom Heart's overarching story at all. I was initially put off by the series since 358/2 Days because of the story, I found it too convoluted. Even after reading up on the story plot points, I still stand by what I said about it being too convoluted. What's more, even after reading about the plot online, I find it to be incredibly silly and sort of off-putting. I really don't know what made me fall in love with the series initially, but I'm guessing it was my love for Disney franchises more than anything else (which, feels like it's been put on the back burner now in the entire series).

I'm still pretty early in the game so things might change ... but I like the gameplay for the most part, I just can't stand the plot and I'm disappointed by the lack of importance the Disney world seems to have on the series anymore (hoping that'll change as I play more, though).

Guys, I can not believe how much I love this game. Mind you, its been 7 years since I've played a KH game and I've never been a fan no matter how hard I tried (love Disney)

So, I'm 12 hrs into this (just beat Traverse town a second time with both characters) and it, for me, just keeps getting better. Yeah I can complain about the camera, the cheesy dialogue, the convoluted story (it's not that bad tbh. not yet anyway), but playing through the first three worlds after traverse town just has the kid in me going kiddy.

I need to hear your opinion after you finish the game lol. I'm honestly interested how a jump from KH1->DDD makes sense in the end.

EDIT: somethings irked me just a tad, like in the (first world spoilers)
Hunchback world, you're at the cathedral, you follow frollo to windmill and then head back to cathedral ten minutes later. It was like, "why?".

How about when
you go back to Traverse Town
? You have to
trap the boss in some place, but Sora fights it in a place that is far from where Riku has to fight it. Of course, they both start in areas that aren't so near.

branny

Guys, I can not believe how much I love this game. Mind you, its been 7 years since I've played a KH game and I've never been a fan no matter how hard I tried (love Disney)
I like the gameplay. It's a nice evolution from the last main Kingdom Hearts I played (Kingdom Hearts II) and it's a lot more entertaining than 358/2 Days.
There should really be a Kingdom Hearts HD Collection for people who missed Birth by Sleep since it's probably never going to be playable on Vita.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's still pretty funny how you need a PS2, PSP, non-DSI DS (or a GBA/GCN GBA Player) and a 3Ds to play the whole series lol.

It's still pretty funny how you need a PS2, PSP, non-DSI DS (or a GBA/GCN GBA Player) and a 3Ds to play the whole series lol.

Well you don't really need the GBA game since it has PS2 remake :). So its PS2, PSP and 3DS ^^.

They totally should do 2 hd collections with KHFM, KH2FM, RECOM, BBSFM and DDD(FM). I don't know if Re:Coded and Days is worth the trouble lol.

Top Bottom