• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance |OT| Sora is Everyone in Every Dimension

Sora's Form Changes in Kingdom Hearts II would like a word with you.

And how can you not love when he spouts his impossibly, awesomely dramatic, cheesy lines in really important cutscenes? :)

Alright, the Drive Forms were cool, but really, he still has no awesome lines. Naruto is a lot of things, but undeniably, when he first went Sage Mode, badass. Mega Man, Goku... everyone has badass moments but Sora. It's just layers of cheese.

jesusraz

Different characters but same rules to the worlds, although I know they've said Sora is the guy and all that.
In my review (thanks for adding, btw) I did mention that perhaps the dropping of the FF characters in favour of TWEWY ones could well be the start of opening the storyline up further to prevent from feeling too much like it's stuck in a rut.

Seda

Do the reviews mention if they are using the circle pad pro or not?

Cubed3 simply mentions it's an option.

Euorgamer says: "The game is compatible with the Circle Pad Pro, it helpfully points out, and will no doubt look the business on the 3DS XL. "

That's it out of the reviews posted.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I just got my copy today, the game is fun as hell. I heard bad things before about the DROP SYSTEM, but for now it keeps things refreshing in an unexpected but cool way.

AyMc-p1CIAAQfbL.jpg

I just played two hours but the game seems already on par with Birth by Sleep, probably even better.

RPGCrazied

Sure is going to be a long wait for me. August 19th for the XL. I'll have the game the first week of August. It'll be taunting me. Oh well, must get the upgraded system! I'm halfway into Kingdom Hearts II now. I watched all the BBS cutscenes online, since I don't own a PSP, I played 1, re:com and now II. Don't think I'll going to mess with the DS games. I should be fine. Plus the game has like an encyclopedia over the timeline too.

Near 3 hours in the game.

So far, it's on top with BBS as the best game of the franchise. Story isn't as good as BBS' for the moment, but I don't have too many expectations on it.

CRS

I have a regular 3DS and live in the States.

I tried looking on Amazon but no luck. Will check out Gamestop and see if they are (*sigh*) taking any pre-orders.

Seda

Oh, I didn't realize Amazon is seemingly out of stock, and is only providing from other sellers at almost $100....

Pangya

Oh, I didn't realize Amazon is seemingly out of stock, and is only providing from other sellers at almost $100....

I just noticed Amazon is out of stock also... I had it preordered there but cancelled to get it $10 cheaper on Newegg. It seems that it also out of stock on Newegg now also. My Gamestop stopped taking preorders on it about a month ago. Best buy still has it though (with a $10 GC).

Zomba13

I was hoping my shopto copy would show up today but it didn't :(

Also, found out today that I had apparently pre-ordered this on play.com and they sent out my copy today (3-5 days to arrive). I was positive I checked that I didn't pre-order it on Play before I made my order. It was made in March sometime...

Gonna have to send it back when it arrives =/

Ammish

Banned
I was hoping my shopto copy would show up today but it didn't :(

Wait, you didn't get your game a day early? From ShopTo?

Seriously, what happened? I didn't pre-order games online for a while, but when I did from ShopTo, I always get it a day or two early. Did the companies complain? The biggest appeal of pre-ordering was getting it early for me. =/

Alright, the Drive Forms were cool, but really, he still has no awesome lines. Naruto is a lot of things, but undeniably, when he first went Sage Mode, badass. Mega Man, Goku... everyone has badass moments but Sora. It's just layers of cheese.

Haha, fair enough. I guess I really like the cheese, but it's true -- he doesn't really say anything truly badass. But that's Sora for you -- optimistic and cheesy to the end. Donald even makes fun of him for it near the end of Chain of Memories. In a way, that's kind of refreshing; Riku is there to be the badass, emo target of fangirl obsession, so isn't it nice that Sora stays endlessly cheery and bright-eyed? He still throws down better than anyone else when things get real, after all.

I have a $10 coupon from the B2G2 sale, which would make the MoM edition only $47. Yay or nay?

I'd probably bite for that price. The aspect that would have been important to me was the 3DS case, but I'm not a big fan of it myself. As a result, I'm perfectly fine with Standard. However, for seven extra dollars, an extra case, artwork, cards, and a nice box looks very good.

weredog

Neo Member
I'm about 6hours in and I must say it's blown me away. The gameplay is deep, there's a seemingly endless array of moves and abilities, the graphics are the best yet on the 3DS and the overall polish to the game is impressive.

I tried to play it with the Circle Pad Pro and found that, actually, it was more of a hinderance than a help. The battles are so frantic and require so many button presses that you don't really have time to be using a second control stick to control the camera. Plus, with the lock on feature, it's not really needed. I play without my CPP now and I'm enjoying the game greatly without it.

Six hours in the game or so.

I think the Spirit Link development system is the best of the franchise. It's not a real challenge but it's really fun. If you like breeding monsters as in Pokémon or DQM you'll love this system.

So far I've only completed the whole Ability Link board of Komory Bat, so I guess It will take a lot of time to complete the 50 boards.

So Good.

weredog

Neo Member
Oh god yeah, the Pokemon style Spirit battles and customisation/level ups are so addictive and fun. I really cant wait to try and multiplayer them!

Peff

Yeah, this is really cool so far. It's too bad command levels/melding are gone, but on the other hand it's nice that the new systems make it feel pretty different from BbS, and it helps that they're fun on their own too. Graphics are crazy.

It's also kind of hilarious how obvious it is that they're aware of how high the barrier of entry is, what with the constant Glossary updates, flashbacks, etc. Depending on sales, they're really going to need to release that HD collection ASAP.

Yeah, this is really cool so far. It's too bad command levels/melding are gone, but on the other hand it's nice that the new systems make it feel pretty different from BbS, and it helps that they're fun on their own too. Graphics are crazy.

It's also kind of hilarious how obvious it is that they're aware of how high the barrier of entry is, what with the constant Glossary updates, flashbacks, etc. Depending on sales, they're really going to need to release that HD collection ASAP.

Whoa, whaaaaat? :O How do you get new commands, then?

Peff

Each Dream Eater has a skill board of sorts ala FFX, you spend ability points (which you can get by fighting or by physically playing with the Dream Eater) to get skills and new commands. You can also find some in chests and as prizes from special fights in the worlds.

weredog

Neo Member
The Dream Eater battles work almost like real time pokemon battles (defensive/attack/status moves) but on a Top Trumps point basis. The higher the move value, the more effective it is. Moves can be combined to increase their strength and when following a status move can be even more effective. Plus the moves actually physically touch the other Dream Eater and the battles are played out in full 3D arenas. I've found myself looking for tournament locations to play them quite a lot.

Future pokemon games take note perhaps?

Thanks square enix for not translating the game to spanish or italian, and being so retarded ignoring Nintendo saying you HAD to translate it so we could buy it from anywhere, instead of looking for 1 of the 3 copies that arrived to my city.

It saves me 45 euros.
Its a pity becuase I wanted to visit some Disney worlds.

And fuck you also because you have done the same with Theatherythm and I really wanted that game.

Ammish

Banned
Amazon Prime, Pre-ordered and it did not came today. All the mail man gave was my mum's bank letter.

I was looking forward to it, now I'm just bitter at Amazon for the prime delivery. Going to get the missus to complain because if it was a normal service, I'd suck it up, but it's a prime service and they kinda broke the promise. There's the rest of the day, but urgh.

Unless Prime comes through courier and there's a chance?

So far played 10 hours and I love it, and this is coming from a guy that didn't liked the demo. My main fear was the drop mechanics that makes you jump from Sora to Riku and from Riku to Sora all the time, and it's quite fun and the cool thing is that when you switch characters you can power up them.

I just got the game today and played for a few hours. I think some of the mechanics are a bit confusing but I am glad that the drop mechanic isn't forced that quickly. At first I kept switching characters in case it didn't switch by itself. It is an interesting story mechanic and gives the levels a bit more "depth". However I'm not a fan of the pet aspects. I do like that you can customize them (in a sense), but petting them to improve stats or feeding them just kills the flow. Good for small kids but it is distracting to the overall experience. Even if you don't have to pet them or feed them it still gives you benefits in doing so. Also the camera is killing me! The problem is how much it moves at once and that you have to lock on to be able to keep track of things around you (it doesn't help much even with the CPP!). Other than that the graphics and presentation is amazing. The game is also fun and fast paced, although I wish you had a bit more space when fighting the enemies as it get very "cluttered" and confusing at times. It seems like this series battle system gets crazier every time.

I don't get how to initiate the dream eater battles, but I will find out pretty soon!

Top Bottom