• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Take Xin, make splash in some Yi, and, viola. New champion.
yo, xin is chinese. yasuo is japanese. thats racist
Seem plausible going by what was written. However, Darius and Draven were two different types of champs. If both Yone and Yasuo become characters, they'd both be fighters/melee assassins, which is really boring.

(Also, we're still due a support this year if Riot intends to release 2 per year)

I'm 75% sure Yone is a champion. She's a pacificst/honourable, Yasuo's mirror - she will be either a tank or a support while yasuo would be a fighter/assassin.

amusingly - this is Elise's stats - check out her win rate after the skin gets handed out :)
dC8utYa.png

drawkcaB

I'm 75% sure Yone is a champion. She's a pacificst/honourable, Yasuo's mirror - she will be either a tank or a support while yasuo would be a fighter/assassin.

See, now that would make sense, but I keep seeing a woman's silhouette in the first picture. She's in plain clothes and wielding a katana-like sword. Nothing really screams support of tank.

Someone on reddit said the first picture is also Yasuo because of the pony tail, but I think that has more to do with them both being taught at the same school (or what-have-you). First picture looks serene and graceful, not some guy who - I'm guessing here - killed his master.

dimb said:
you hang on to that. riot really is good at keeping promises.

I have no illusions that they'll actually delivery, frankly. Going by the supports posts concerning S4 changes they don't even consider Thresh a "true" support, so whereas we got Lulu and Nami last year, we got zero "true" supports this year.

Don't worry, I'm not fully gone yet. these early levels are such a slog :/

Riot will just make more waifus then both Phillip and Kiunch will come back, np.

wait when did I get put on the Kiunch level in terms of waifus?

But yeah, probably. Yone pls be waifu

Can't blame me for World of Warcraft being awesome again. Phillip you playing in NA or EU? Probably EU, but never know with you.

Also for those interested, Mists of Pandaria will be available for around $10 this black friday. Multiple retailers and what not.

I am on EU! The Maelstrom. I find it weird you have to buy two copies to switch regions :/ (am I right on that? I think I am)

Boken

Banned
Don't worry, I'm not fully gone yet. these early levels are such a slog :/
removal of the talent system makes leveling less exciting.

i always love putting in my passive points

that having said, leveling sounds fun - but why not do it when they rework the races?

I've already played MoP though, theres nothing to come back for.

removal of the talent system makes leveling less exciting.

i always love putting in my passive points

that having said, leveling sounds fun - but why not do it when they rework the races?

I've already played MoP though, theres nothing to come back for.

I've never really played WoW all that much but friends have convinced me to come back, and I have 40 free days from the MoP trial and from referring a friend a while ago, so I said fuck it why not.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
He wants to Facebook you dude
No, it's just the polite way to ask for somebody's rank when a post is pretty much entirely composed of factual inaccuracies.

i am too tired to type up a post about the death of initiation junglers, but all the ones listed like sej, hec, zac, are either same c/d or worse than malphite ult. they're not up more or something.

sej clear times are probably worse than malphite. maybe the worst for any traditional jungler in the game right now, and that's with her extreme mana costs that severely hamper ability usage.

hec is in a weird spot right now. extremely low utility, average damage, weak early game, high mana costs that punish farm-centric style.

j4 doesn't belong in the same category.

compared to most other initiators now you might as well just play malphite. not that big of a difference in clear times or damage yields. complaining that tenacity effects malphite is meaningless when most champions won't have it early/mid game or even late, and if they itemize for it they're hurting themselves elsewhere.

malphite is good in fights even post-ult with a proper build. his debuffs are valuable, his damage output is consistent since his cd/s are low, his tower pushing is above average, and his item paths easily lead him to team fight centric items like frozen heart and abyssal.

also, ww is garbage without items. i don't even know what i am reading.

most mage-centric junglers are kind of shit right now, and their future looks extremely bleak with season four changes. only mummy will make it out alive.

Boken

Banned
No, it's just the polite way to ask for somebody's rank when a post is pretty much entirely composed of factual inaccuracies.

i am too tired to type up a post about the death of initiation junglers, but all the ones listed like sej, hec, zac, are either same c/d or worse than malphite ult. they're not up more or something.

sej clear times are probably worse than malphite. maybe the worst for any traditional jungler in the game right now, and that's with her extreme mana costs that severely hamper ability usage.

hec is in a weird spot right now. extremely low utility, average damage, weak early game, high mana costs that punish farm-centric style.

compared to most other initiators now you might as well just play malphite. not that big of a difference in clear times or damage yields. complaining that tenacity effects malphite is meaningless when most champions won't have it early/mid game or even late, and if they itemize for it they're hurting themselves elsewhere.

malphite is good in fights even post-ult with a proper build. his debuffs are valuable, his damage output is consistent since his cd/s are low, his tower pushing is above average, and his item paths easily lead him to team fight centric items like frozen heart and abyssal.

most mage-centric junglers are kind of shit right now, and their future looks extremely bleak with season four changes. only mummy will make it out alive.
thats what i meant

lolking is the facebook of league

Ken

teach me how to malph

dimb

teach me how to malph
like boken said chalice can be good in lane. not for every matchup but when it works it works well. mix armor/mpen/hp. there are lots of items that are just good on him, so pick what makes sense. i like sunfire and abyssal a lot. sometimes warmog's or thornmail too. or just get fozen heart/randuin's if you are a baby.

max q vs. ranged in lane. max e first if jungling or vs. melee.

garath

amusingly - this is Elise's stats - check out her win rate after the skin gets handed out :)
dC8utYa.png

Lol! That winrate. Elise is not an easy champ to just pick up and play. I love it.

Boken

Banned
LOL, that comic is so much gold

lol__the_masculine_sona___part_2_by_phsueh-d5bhwcv.jpg

like boken said chalice can be good in lane. not for every matchup but when it works it works well. mix armor/mpen/hp. there are lots of items that are just good on him, so pick what makes sense. i like sunfire and abyssal a lot. sometimes warmog's or thornmail too. or just get fozen heart/randuin's if you are a baby.

max q vs. ranged in lane. max e first if jungling or vs. melee.
especially with all the bad elises right now

chalice 4 lyf

Boken

Banned
holy shit i just had the BEST idea

yone/yasuo are one champion with intercharacter interaction and maybe kit swapping

their kit together tells the story of yasuo's blood thirst and recklessness, while yone's honour chases after him to reign him in. the fact that you have to defend yone shows that despite his nature, he still cares deeply for her.

itll be like
passive: yone and yasuo are a pair, and can both be attacked, sharing their HP. Yone walks close behind yasuo – giving him bonus armor/mr if she is within 300 range of him.

Q - yasuo shifts into his ready stance, placing his hand by his katana, turning off his auto attack - his next auto attack dashes him slightly and deals damage in an arc in front of him. yone stands near him and begs him to have mercy on his enemies, angering him and giving his next auto attack bonus damage increasing the longer yone talks.

W – yasuo kicks his target, stunning them for 0.75s while he readies his executing blow over 1.5s. After 1.5s, he delivers a powerful overhead swing where his target was, the power of the swing extending the area in which enemies take damage. This attack deals bonus damage to enemies below 40%. The ability may be reactivated any time during the attack and yone will dash where his target was, spell shielding herself.

E - yasuo dashes to target location and slashes, dealing damage - afterwards, yone chases after him, healing allies along the way

R - yasuo flies into a rage, dealing increased damage for 5s. During this effect you do not control yasuo, who gains increased movement speed and attacks the closest enemy (minion/monster/champ) - you have direct control of yone
------- (yone cannot attack but has Q - melee short stun with her sheathe , W - spellshields yasuo, heals yasuo if it breaks, E - spins for 2s, causing leaves to fly around her and reducing damage she takes. yone can still move during this effect + enemys hit by her are slowed.)

Einbroch

Banned
holy shit i just had the BEST idea

yone/yasuo are one champion with intercharacter interaction and maybe kit swapping

their kit together tells the story of yasuo's blood thirst and recklessness, while yone's honour chases after him

itll be like

What is this, Dota? Too complicated.

Jarvan IV has the ability to knock up multiple champions with his combo and buys the same items (Ancient Golem + Locket + extra durability). Not in the same category when discussing initiations on a jungler, apparently.

Zac has his jump for a multi-man knock-up, which is on a very low cooldown once maxed. He reaches this point soon enough, as back when he was played (prior to his nerfs) that was usually his first or second skill maxed. His ult has the same cooldown as Malphite's, but he's bound to reach 40% CDR as he will get more mileage out of Spirit Visage (it being core) than Malphite ever will. Nothing preventing Malphite to get it as it's the go-to MR item for many, it's just that plenty other champions synergize with it a lot better. Zac used to have good damage too, but past tense.

Hecarim's ult barely has a higher cooldown than Malphite's for its first two ranks, and despite it not having hard cc (i.e. knock-up) it fills the same purpose. Long gap closer that goes through walls and used to completely ignore CC (before Riot disliked this design decision across multiple champions) in order to reach a valuable target and keep it pinned down or occupied. Pre-nerfs Hecarim was everything Malphite wanted to be; actually had pre-level 6 presence, he'd be tanky -and- do damage if he reached his item threshold (which was likely given his snowball status), better sustain overall (even early on), had better mobility and cleared camps faster. Given how I was also using the past tense (as ATM he's indeed in a weird spot) with my original assertion, relevant. Plus same perk as Zac; a lot more mileage out of Spirit Visage than Malphite.

Sejuani's clear times aren't bad but nothing to get excited about; her first clear is marginally faster than Malphite's (using stonewall's vids for a quick reference here). You're right about her being mana-hungry, but at least she can potentially -gank- properly without her ranged ultimate. And does decent damage early. And still does respectable damage late game; this having been much higher pre-rework notwithstanding. She has problems, but I wouldn't put her lower than jungle Malphite overall.

Nautilus also has problems much like Sejuani, but in a better overall spot than Malphite. Roughly the same clearing times, but his shield is better for controlled sustain, can gank sooner (and harder) and consistently did more damage back in his prime. Gets to use his safer ultimate more often at max rank (80s vs 100s), even if a multi-man knock-up isn't as reliable. Again: past tense included in my original comment.

Lastly: if I truly wanted an old-school tanky initiator as a jungler, I'd go with Amumu over Malphite every single time. Even he can gank better and sooner, whilst flying under the radar when it comes to overall damage output. I'd gladly take the omission of a close-range attack speed reduction.

I never said Malphite wasn't good in lane; otherwise I wouldn't be playing him myself (albeit sporadically). I simply don't want him to be anywhere near the jungle position, never mind that he often serves as a tell-tale sign that the player in question has little to no understanding of the jungle in its current state (with a number of possible reasons to choose from) if he does get selected for it. I'm also aware that some of the above have the same issues as Malphite, but at least they have numerous benefits to make up for it (at a faster pace) when jungling.

Warwick is fine in lane (not great; merely fine) if and only if you pick him into a weak / mediocre early game champion and get to play him to his strengths. I'd straight-up dodge and even take an hour-long penalty before I'd have him on my team as a jungler, if there ever was any misunderstanding surrounding that horrible notion. He's very much a team-oriented champion after they gutted his Q for no legitimate reason ("INFINITE SUSTAIN" - Riot) and with one tanky CDR item he can start regularly roaming the map with his low cooldown surpression ultimate and not worry about farming per sé as long as he gets involved elsewhere / attains objectives through said plays. Provided the damage exists in his allied lane of choice. His lane is also usually one of the easiest to gank with any competent jungler as soon as his ult cooldown expires, if he does get shoved to his tower (highly likely). However, I am truthfully dumbstruck as to why he hasn't been redone yet over some of Riot's suspect choices, considering he used to be iconic.

And don't bring solo queue rating into this. You were quick to mention yourself that you hardly play ranked (as do I) and that you're a "mere gold player" whenever someone posed the same question to you before, and I'm in the same place. Used to be Gold I after 30-ish games in a week's time (3 - 4 games a day) at the dawn of Season 3, then stopped caring because it is a rotten place. No fun allowed if you're not part of the sheep meta with the same ol' stale champions, the average player being especially toxic or negative by default because "MEANINGLESS NUMBER IS AT STAKE HERE BRAH" and the concept of taking solo queue serious is a joke. Lost approximately 300 LP due to decay alone, and I barely surpassed the 50 games mark in a year's time. Indifference at full display. To further drive that point home: I played almost double the amount of 3 vs 3 ranked matches in a week's time than the number of times I participated in solo queue ranked in over a year. Hurr shiny Diamond badge.

Now here's a feel-good picture if you're growing tired of us bittered ol' geezers squabbling over a rock (and previously, Sunfire Cape):

78d59fd62ea2f264c29a927391e46417-d6345jo.jpg

Ignore the dog butt.

Boken

Banned
Better than drill yordle
wat da leave drill yordle out of dis
rly not into that boken

boken ur reviews are in u do no get the job and you are not the father
brian da kit tells a story that is on the same literary significance like wolf boy n cub
da comentary simply servs to illuminate da farcial play da reviewers maek, paradin demselvs as gods in an arena dey do no partaking, frail effegis of kings show thumbs when dey dont even have no powa

Ferga

10/10

And I usually fight other jungler's opinions on junglers

scy

... the average player being especially toxic or negative by default because "MEANINGLESS NUMBER IS AT STAKE HERE BRAH" and the concept of taking solo queue serious is a joke.

I love how "toxic" people always sound when complaining about how toxic solo queue is.

Solo queue has broken so many people I guess.

jerd

On the topic of jungling, what's the deal with Xin? He's real low on a lot of tier lists that I've looked at lately but I just carried a couple of games with him pretty easily. He seemed to fall off pretty hard late but being able to blow people up at level 3 was pretty cool. His ganks are pretty easy to pull off on top of the fact that he is insanely easy to play in general.

dimb

Jarvan IV has the ability to knock up multiple champions with his combo and buys the same items (Ancient Golem + Locket + extra durability). Not in the same category when discussing initiations on a jungler, apparently.
j4 combo isn't 1000 range instantaneous jump. he is a solid initiator. j4 is solid everything, which is why he is the most popular jungler with a stupid high winrate, but he is not a top tier initiator. not really sure how j4 has extra durability, or why he would build locket. locket is p. outdated for junglers, and is an especially poor item for any of the initiating champions int he discussion like zac/hec/sej.

on zac: his initiation still has the built in charge timer for slingshot. it's not the same as malphite just deciding to flash ult your carry. zac is often contingent on having a positional advantage where his team has map control and/or vision control.

on hec: his ult just doesn't compare. easy to see it coming, potential to dodge, can easily be cleansed/qssed out of late game. if you want to talk about initiators with no follow up it's hecarim. no additional cc outside of a long c/d knockback. hope the enemy attacks you and you tank it up while putting out enough damage.

problem with spirit visage that you keep bringing up, is that it's still situational, and you can't count on enemy teams having much magic damage. it's all nice and good to say you want to rush it on hec/zac but the situations to do so arise rarely, and it's one of those items that provides middling tankiness and no offensive bonuses.
Sejuani's clear times aren't bad but nothing to get excited about; her first clear is marginally faster than Malphite's (using stonewall's vids for a quick reference here). You're right about her being mana-hungry, but at least she can potentially -gank- properly without her ranged ultimate. And does decent damage early. And still does respectable damage late game; this having been much higher pre-rework notwithstanding. She has problems, but I wouldn't put her lower than jungle Malphite overall.
problem with sej first clear is complete lack of sustain and extremely low damage output. even though she can gank if you get counter-ganked you're 100% fucked, so most times it's really just not a risk worth taking. decent players can escape her ganks because she's reliant on hitting an extremely telegraphed and short range knock up. she is in a really bad place.

also, you shouldn't really trust stonewall clear videos. p. sure i've seen his sej video and he doesn't even do much of the wall jumping properly. you're underestimating malphite as a jungler and drawing too many comparisons that aren't very meaningful. he can clear alright, gank decent enough, and provides high utility without much gold. good build paths.

warwick is honestly pretty horrid in lane. loses extremely bad early, so you can't even gank his lane when he hits six because he'll usually be so far behind. he can do alright in the jungle at times. i think s4 might be better to him.
And don't bring solo queue rating into this. You were quick to mention yourself that you hardly play ranked (as do I) and that you're a "mere gold player" whenever someone posed the same question to you before, and I'm in the same place. Used to be Gold I after 30-ish games in a week's time (3 - 4 games a day) at the dawn of Season 3, then stopped caring because it is a rotten place. No fun allowed if you're not part of the sheep meta with the same ol' stale champions, the average player being especially toxic or negative by default because "MEANINGLESS NUMBER IS AT STAKE HERE BRAH" and the concept of taking solo queue serious is a joke. Lost approximately 300 LP due to decay alone, and I barely surpassed the 50 games mark in a year's time. Indifference at full display. To further drive that point home: I played almost double the amount of 3 vs 3 ranked matches in a week's time than the number of times I participated in solo queue ranked in over a year. Hurr shiny Diamond badge.
i was just curious. i'm not gold though.

also ur talking about the sheep meta but hating on malphite jungle.

Ferga

I've developed a thing when I play solo queue where I audibly laugh and stop playing for a few seconds when I see things like:
- TF ult and gold carding minions
- Kennen lightning rusing into 5 people then using zhonyas with no ult on
- People flashing into walls
- Nidalee stealing buffs with spears
- People blindly flashing into baron pit to smite steal when baron is already dead

I've been reported for losing team fights because of it but fuck it, you gotta laugh at stupid shit sometimes.

On the topic of jungling, what's the deal with Xin? He's real low on a lot of tier lists that I've looked at lately but I just carried a couple of games with him pretty easily. He seemed to fall off pretty hard late but being able to blow people up at level 3 was pretty cool. His ganks are pretty easy to pull off on top of the fact that he is insanely easy to play in general.

Xin Zhao is too heavily reliant on farm/gold for mid and late game and being even or ahead at all times. Without these things, you instantly die once you use your gap closer. You will rarely get enough gold for you to have the items to actually kill their carry in a team fight with your combo so you'll be completely useless to your team if you aren't tanky.

If you're confident that you can outjungle and outplay the enemy jungler through constant ganking and buff pressure, then go for it. If you ever screw up and get behind, there is no coming back for xin zhao. Even if you start taking lane exp and gold, you will never come back into the game.

Another thing xin zhao is reliant on is his 'unknown burst'. If your opponents aren't aware of how much damage you do, they'll get careless and try to fight you. If your opponents keep doing this, you can easily carry the game.

All in all, you play him to abuse your opponent's limited knowledge about him to get an easy win. If you run into someone who knows how to play xin zhao, they'll know how to handle you and eventually render you useless.

And yeah. Jarvan is a crap initiator. I usually play him as an anti-initiator when I'm not ahead. Wait and capitalise on your enemy's bad engages.

You can disrupt and lock in enemy carries while you E-Q back to peel for your carries with Randuins/W/knock-up

brian!

wat da leave drill yordle out of dis

brian da kit tells a story that is on the same literary significance like wolf boy n cub
da comentary simply servs to illuminate da farcial play da reviewers maek, paradin demselvs as gods in an arena dey do no partaking, frail effegis of kings show thumbs when dey dont even have no powa

yeah i dunno you are basically saying you are for a female character that follows and trails behind a dude and takes hits while sobbing for an eternity and that this represents non violence somehow and that the sworddick and sheathepussy should be further reinforced with h0rrible rpg tropes

Boken

Banned
yeah i dunno you are basically saying you are for a female character that follows and trails behind a dude and takes hits while sobbing for an eternity and that this represents non violence somehow and that the sworddick and sheathepussy should be further reinforced with h0rrible rpg tropes

k thnx for feedback lets make yone an old wisened man

or a young man and make him topless to add to the yaoi factor

Edwardo

You can check out some strategies at 3v3.gg, its a decent site.

Bruiser top with a good early game, good early game jungler, AP bot with good AoE and CC.

If you're going to do 1 top / 2 bot, it's typically with a Leona support.

Sweet thanks.

Me and two buddies made a team and tried it tonight. Got smashed on twice, so we're gonna try to learn a little first.

brian!

the thought of someone begging and making someone else stronger while people are killed around them terrifies me b0ken

but yah sometimes I wish all the characters in league were old ppl you got me there

Newt

Man, that curse academy game was rough. Fabbbyyy's Draven experienced what I experience sometimes. Not getting that first kill he needed so badly.

Ferga

Is rageryze a gaffer?

Got a random friend invite when I logged in today after not playing for a couple of days

And I just can't bring myself to play at the moment :|

I really want to play jungle but man s4 jungle sounds 500% better than the jungle right now. Nothing wrong with having a support score but man, it gets tiring sometimes when you see people overextended and you can't kill them alone.

Boken

Banned
Is rageryze a gaffer?

Got a random friend invite when I logged in today after not playing for a couple of days

And I just can't bring myself to play at the moment :|

I really want to play jungle but man s4 jungle sounds 500% better than the jungle right now. Nothing wrong with having a support score but man, it gets tiring sometimes when you see people overextended and you can't kill them alone.

are you still lvl 2 in PoE?

cant you play top lane
practice them killer bruiser mechanics

2 yrs of support jungler must have softened ur killer instincts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom