• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
dimb gonna dimb
is this supposed to be funny still? lulu is garbage as a support right now. easily one of the worst in the game. now the role is opening up more and the influx of gold will probably mean annie in every game. scaling utility will honestly just make it harder for supports to keep pace with traditional champions. 35 additional movespeed really doesn't make up for a blasting wand's worth of ap.

it is incredibly disheartening to see the season four changes being pushed out like this. there are some genuinely good ideas in there that are well intentioned, but the execution on them is not comprehensive enough. champions that are already weak or average will face severe penalization while champions that are already strong will become completely dominant and ever-present.

drawkcaB

I'm leaning towards dimb's assessment being right. After some thought I'm not a fan of the changes they've made to traditional supports either. I think I'd rather have the vision changes so supports aren't ward bitches and *a bit* of extra gold and lots of support items to choose from. It's funny that Riot is all hell bent on providing me with my "support fantasy" but my support fantasy isn't buying a deathcap and dealing more damage It's supporting my team and the support changes so far are the opposite of that.

Is Darius still viable top?

Darius is my main top champ. I find that at my Elo (Silver IV-III level) people don't really understand the kill potential of their champs yet, so if you understand that as Darius, and know when you can all-in, you're going to win lane every time. Just take advantage of your passive and you'll win every trade.

Also, you can lose lane HARD and still end up like 8-4-0. Just know how much damage your ult does. Since it's true damage it'll be easy to tell when you can kill an enemy.

Ken

this attitude where people can insult and kick the losing team when they're down is really frustrating and unhealthy for me so i'm just going to uninstall this game. i suppose it's my fault for leaving all chat on but whatever since half the insults come from my team anyways.

see you guys around somewhere idunno.

Boken

Banned
I dunno, doesn't the Q scale as well now? I think the changes make her more focused instead of being just a nerf. I feel like her potency in pick comps has gone up with the changes. She can give an initiator/catcher a not insignificant speedboost, and the movement speed bonus synergizes with her pix shield+lance combo making it easier to land stronger slows against the target.

Either way, I'm confident that Riot doesn't want to kill hard supports. So maybe dimb is right and lulu (or all of them suck), but if that's the case, I expect them to buff them.

But really, nothing is worth more than experience. Might as well wait for the wholesale changes since they're so close.

this attitude where people can insult and kick the losing team when they're down is really frustrating and unheatlhy for me so i'm just going to uninstall this game. i suppose it's my fault for leaving all chat on but whatever since half the insults come from my team anyways.

see you guys around somewhere idunno.
I miss you already. Turn off all chat let's play

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
is this supposed to be funny still? lulu is garbage as a support right now. easily one of the worst in the game. now the role is opening up more and the influx of gold will probably mean annie in every game. scaling utility will honestly just make it harder for supports to keep pace with traditional champions. 35 additional movespeed really doesn't make up for a blasting wand's worth of ap.

it is incredibly disheartening to see the season four changes being pushed out like this. there are some genuinely good ideas in there that are well intentioned, but the execution on them is not comprehensive enough. champions that are already weak or average will face severe penalization while champions that are already strong will become completely dominant and ever-present.

It's Newt. Don't take it personally.

Ferga

i went right into ranked after i hit 30. go for it i say!

Me too!

I went to like 1100 elo though, which is about bronze 3 standard today?

And I still don't understand why people turn all chat on when playing solo queue. It's like you want to be abused or you are the abuser.

There are very rare situations where people congratulate you for making a good play. VERY RARE.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Me too!

I went to like 1100 elo though, which is about bronze 3 standard today?

And I still don't understand why people turn all chat on when playing solo queue. It's like you want to be abused or you are the abuser.

There are very rare situations where people congratulate you for making a good play. VERY RARE.

Sometime the other team say funny things.

CRS

XKkKX2P.jpg

So if I really like Garen, what would be the next champion for me to try?

Newt

I'm not saying you don't have a point, you're certainly right about the Lulu. It's just the fact that you've been so negative recently (which doesn't bother me, I find it funny). I would just let the changes play out and wait, maybe scaling utility won't be as weak as you think.

at least its not nev
nev+vt=newt

I'm an upgraded version it would seem.

XKkKX2P.jpg

So if I really like Garen, what would be the next champion for me to try?
Darius

Ferga

Is Darius still viable top?

Just make sure you don't Q the minion wave too much early on. Really don't want to be stuck on the enemy tower as darius.

And always try to go in for a kill at level 2 and 3. You can easily kill people if they get greedy for farm. I know this because I use to always die to darius at level 2 and 3. :(

Leezard

Hey now, the "traditional" supports are supposed to scale in utility now, right? If some teams need a more damaging support that should be fine too, but I don't think the regular supports will be killed off. If anything they will get a buff, become overpowered, and then get nerfed to parity.

"We aren't really seeing a lot of Kassadin after those big nerfs."

"The Falcons just need to hold on, Kassadin falls off pretty hard late game."

Did someone drop Monte on his head or something? They barely even tickled Kassadin with the nerfs, and he sure as hell doesn't "fall off" unless you're (maybe) talking about an hour long game.

Edit: LOL, "Mid Zyra". They have Orianna. It's a Jungle Fiddlesticks you dipshits.

Boken

Banned
"We aren't really seeing a lot of Kassadin after those big nerfs."

"The Falcons just need to hold on, Kassadin falls off pretty hard late game."

Did someone drop Monte on his head or something? They barely even tickled Kassadin with the nerfs, and he sure as hell doesn't "fall off" unless you're (maybe) talking about an hour long game.

Edit: LOL, "Mid Zyra". They have Orianna. It's a Jungle Fiddlesticks you dipshits.
Woah Woah relax

It's jet lag!

All these pretty girls damn

League #1

They are impeccable as always. (And I really don't expect insight or even sentience out of Doa, he's just there to look pretty. So very, very pretty.)

Boken

Banned
the new balance is pretty interesting

zed declared ded, still picked in compo
riven picked as a safepick mid
olaf and lucian top tier picks
annie bans
nidalee 100% ban too OP
shen is ded
jax just disappeared without any nerfs

i like this patch (3.13)

too bad preseason balance is gonna just screwe everything up

Ferga

Well... a spider fell onto my lap as I was running through the weavers nest in path of exile.

I had to stop playing. Fuckin spiders man...

Nev

Banned
I don't think the utility AP scaling for supports is the best idea. It means now supports are a completely different (unidimensional) kind of champion and you can't do non-meta stuff like mage Lulu (slays) or Nami in ARAM, you have to be support and that's it.

And about the new champion, it was about time a Namco rep joined what seems to be the best crossover moba.

But that's the thing about preseason. It's not meant to be right off the bat, it's meant to be fuck all, throw water in the hornet's nest imba.

If those issues continue on once S4 actually drops then you'll have my support - hue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom