• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

New brush is crazy. Wasn't aware they were changing it and when I went to guard blue while our Lee went red I felt... naked.

Crapped all over a Nasus in lane with Olaf, but he was still 2-3 shotting carries late game. Awesome VU though.

garath

Sona feels very weak to me now. Like a little baby kitten, I don't feel I do any real damage and I feel as if I can be easily squished if looked at the wrong way.

I did have fun with that new frostfang item; hustled about 1,500 gold just auto attacking champs or harassing with q. Made me a little too bold as I was like; 'Come closer, I want to aa you so I can have 8 more gold!' and 'Oh yes, someone is approaching me, gold time! *+8 gold... dead* ;___;

Sona has been very squishy for awhile. Very much a careful trade support. You can't brute force it. She's designed to poke trade, then heal it off. I look forward to trying her with the new changes just for the increased gold.

Though it's looking like the tanky supports are making a splash.

new bush sorta sucks in certain respects.

Was playing Draven earlier and it's nigh on impossible to see the axe marker on the ground. If you look really hard you can see the spinning particle, but it sucks as Draven to be autoing in a bush.

Kenai

I'm liking these support changes very much. I've played both Zyra and Annie a few times now and keep building tanky AP. Feels like playing a second mid with a little less damage but a lot less squishiness.I've been facing Leona a lot? More than even Thresh and Blitz. Seemed kinda weird since she isn't free right now.

I do worry a bit about some of the more traditional supports with non-spammable attack abilities like Lulu and Sona and Janna once the laning phase is over, but maybe I just haven't been building them right. Nami and surprisingly Soraka seem fine tho.

Boken

Banned
I'm liking these support changes very much. I've played both Zyra and Annie a few times now and keep building tanky AP. Feels like playing a second mid with a little less damage but a lot less squishiness.I've been facing Leona a lot? More than even Thresh and Blitz. Seemed kinda weird since she isn't free right now.

I do worry a bit about some of the more traditional supports with non-spammable attack abilities like Lulu and Sona and Janna once the laning phase is over, but maybe I just haven't been building them right. Nami and surprisingly Soraka seem fine tho.
well of the hard supports i think nami, soraka and taric benefitted the most.

stop playing with ya pre-season 4s, tonight:

VnptYpX.png

t1385112600z4.png

http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

shud be some real good games

Soraka got a lot of actual buffs where most of the other supports got pseudo-nerfs to keep the global buff (in terms of support gold generation and spending less on wards) from being too egregious.

I've said before, but Leona's always been a little bit (statistically) overpowered to make up for the fact that she's a melee range support who can only all-in. She benefits from gold far, far more than most supports (or even many solo laners, for that matter) and had absolutely ridiculous innate tankiness, even before they added defensive scaling to her shield.

Zukuu

Banned
5/1/22. Got 2nd most gold of my team surpassing the 12/3/7 veiga and top lane.
Dat new jungle income and assist streaks. Holy smokes

Bob White

So, just got beat in lane by a Rammus support. It was pretty crazy to see a support Rammus kill our jungle Xin like nothing late game.

Can't wait to see what else pops up today.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fiddle and Annie supports are god tier right now.

Boken

Banned
Take a break from preseason funtime and relive the last moments of Season 3 with a weekend of Esports!

lY8idi1.jpg

PANDORA.TV OGN CHAMPIONS - http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet
3rMpFA4.png

t1385112600z4.png

DXprJ1h.png

t1385199000z4.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IEM COLOGNE - http://en.intelextrememasters.com/season8/cologne/
IEM this year features an amateur tournament with top caliber teams - NiP, CW and SK Gaming. NiP boasts a brand new and formidable team, and SK fans will be eager to see how the new team performs before the S4-promo-tournament.
The Pro-tournament will satisfy those who were disappointed with Cloud9's early exit from Worlds. With potential matches being Cloud9 vs Gambit, CLG vs Fnatic and Cloud9 vs Fnatic, its going to be a good weekend.
Cloth5.com preview: Link

Bracket:

YpTiC4D.png

t1385200800z4.png

ROGicMb.png

t1385287200z4.png

Do any of you guys think Morello's absolute hatred of dedicated healers (in League, in TF2, maybe in Guild Wars as well) is a bit silly?

Double Face of the Mountain starts bot lane looking silly good. So much gold.
Do any of you guys think Morello's absolute hatred of dedicated healers (in League, in TF2, maybe in Guild Wars as well) is a bit silly?
Dedicated healers are just too hard to make work in a game like League. You either turn bot lane into a cesspool or you make a shit champ.

Can't comment on the other games.

Boken

Banned
Then your mid can't roam, snowball other lanes and help secure dragons since a tonne of ap champs will trump any adc during the mid game
why does your adc mid need to roam if your double AP bot is shitting on the enemy already?
sorta, maybe.

i feel like healing is archetypal of fantasy games so it feels weird not to have it, but from a spectator perspective, dedicated healers can make things pretty damn boring.

chalk that up to 3 years of WoW arena for that opinion

i dunno, maybe they can make healing exciting. make a support who throws a healing skillshot that can be intercepted by the enemy

i dont really care that healing makes siege comps more powerful though. (which is one of the concerns of dedicated sustain i believe). just make more engage items, morello.
there is a danger of sustain making bot lane incredibly boring though. not sure how to fix that much beyond the mechanics they have already tried so far.

Double Face of the Mountain starts bot lane looking silly good. So much gold.

Dedicated healers are just too hard to make work in a game like League. You either turn bot lane into a cesspool or you make a shit champ.

Can't comment on the other games.
im tellin u guis
double fotm bot, ADC mid
use double AP, double bruiser or AP/bruiser like panth/brand

Leezard

I played during the poke/heal meta, it was the most boring League has ever been. I think League is better off without them dedicated healers.

i dunno, maybe they can make healing exciting. make a support who throws a healing skillshot that can be intercepted by the enemy
Nah, man, you can grief with that. No possible griefing allowed.

I played during the poke/heal meta, it was the most boring League has ever been. I think League is better off without them dedicated healers.
So did I. I honestly think Soraka was seen as a cesspool champ mostly because of Graves.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
why does your adc mid need to roam if your double AP bot is shitting on the enemy already?

sorta, maybe.

i feel like healing is archetypal of fantasy games so it feels weird not to have it, but from a spectator perspective, dedicated healers can make things pretty damn boring.

chalk that up to 3 years of WoW arena for that opinion

i dont really care that healing makes siege comps more powerful though. (which is one of the concerns of dedicated sustain i believe). just make more engage items, morello.
there is a danger of sustain making bot lane incredibly boring though. not sure how to fix that much beyond the mechanics they have already tried so far.

im tellin u guis
double fotm bot, ADC mid
use double AP, double bruiser or AP/bruiser like panth/brand

Dota has heals and it's fine. :huh

Just give the abilities a duality boom problem solved.

Leezard

Nah, man, you can grief with that. No possible griefing allowed.

So did I. I honestly think Soraka was seen as a cesspool champ mostly because of Graves.

Hm, I did not play during Graves release until the end of S2, so I don't know about those lanes. Just those boring bot lanes in S1 where it was just farm lanes as long as a Soraka was involved.

Oddone trying a no jungler game with 2 relic shield top.

This item is getting nerfed so hard

It's so amazingly good. Giving good stats + the gold. It's the new Heart of Gold.

Hm, I did not play during Graves release until the end of S2, so I don't know about those lanes. Just those boring bot lanes in S1 where it was just farm lanes as long as a Soraka was involved.
It was the dumbest thing ever because Graves is quite tanky from the start of the game (and making a tanky AD Carry is a great idea* hey Riot) and he was just impossible to kill with Soraka.

I don't think dedicated healers work too well with League either but there's no need to completely neuter and abandon them. Soraka will probably never be competitively viable as long as Morello continues to work on League.

*Before Boken gets all pissy, Morphling and Medusa have to expend a considerable amount of time and money for them to become unkillable and if Morphling builds shotgun he's dumping all of his STR into AGI meaning if you can lock him down he's very killable.

Boken

Banned
It was the dumbest thing ever because Graves is quite tanky from the start of the game (and making a tanky AD Carry is a great idea* hey Riot) and he was just impossible to kill with Soraka.

I don't think dedicated healers work too well with League either but there's no need to completely neuter and abandon them. Soraka will probably never be competitively viable as long as Morello continues to work on League.

*Before Boken gets all pissy, Morphling and Medusa have to expend a considerable amount of time and money for them to become unkillable and if Morphling builds shotgun he's dumping all of his STR into AGI meaning if you can lock him down he's very killable.
graves was meant to be offset by his low range, but bulk multiplies with healing, most unfortunate.
im still pretty upset they gave him huge AS%, allowing him to be a full carry.

Dota has heals and it's fine. :huh

Just give the abilities a duality boom problem solved.
the topic is mostly about soraka though. she has a heal, mana donate and another heal.
ugh

its not like the heals are amazing in dotes either.

the other point is that due to league's stat system, healing is probably worse than in dotes

relic shield and eventually face of the mountain are just broken as fuck.
saw this from a mile away

all the support items are gold efficient while giving free gold while support has to ward way less. @_@
meanwhile jungle items arent gold efficient.
support items need a nerf tbh, esp targons shield, its too lane dominant

And our first League of ______ goes to DING DING DING Relic Shield.

its funny because i think there might be some more items they intend to introduce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom