• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

Then there is to say that the deadline for team lockins for season 4 playoffs is today, and that some people are saying that Curse is doing something scummy and locking in multiple hot players just so other teams can't get them. But that's too disgusting so I won't assume it's true.

People keep saying that but I can't help but feel a lot of people are perceiving popularity as skill. Aphro and Pobelter aren't even the best Challenger players in their positions, there is no way Curse is trying to keep them from other teams.

I mean, neither of these players have ever succeeded in the pro scene. Aphro hasn't even played competitively since he was dropped from CLG, while Pobelter regularly gets beaten by other Challenger midlaners. I think there was like... a month where Curse Academy was considered good in January, but all the other teams he's been on (IO, Nickwu Tang Clan, etc.) have all done extremely poorly compared to some of the other Challenger teams like NWE/Cog/Denial/TBD/CoL/etc.

If anything, Curse realized how poor their new roster was, freaked out and tried to solve the mess by getting the best Challenger player (Quas) in the 11th hour.

Boken

Banned
People keep saying that but I can't help but feel a lot of people are perceiving popularity as skill. Aphro and Pobelter aren't even the best Challenger players in their positions, there is no way Curse is trying to keep them from other teams.

Aphro I can agree with, but Pobelter has been hyped up by players from within the scene and I'm sure challenger teams would've wanted him.

Aphromoo playing in a duo lane with Doublelift was a terrible idea since the two of them have completely contradictory play styles, and while many ADCs do have the skillset to play well as supports, Aphromoo never did. That was an idiotic move for everyone involved, including Aphro, who almost certainly would have qualified with Vulcun had he stayed on.

He's a ten hour a day player even when he's not on a pro team, he's a damn solid pick-up compared to some of the more mediocre pro ADCs like Cop, and unlike most of the Challenger teams he actually has significant LAN experience. I'm pretty sure several of them would have wanted to pick him up, had the option existed.

And 100% sure that he would have performed better than Cop. That is definitely not a switch they made based on any right-thinking. They would have never benched Cop to bring Aphro on in the first place if they felt the team was better with Cop; the only thing that's accomplished is to leave Cop feeling like crap after a season that already ended with him down in the dumps.

So, no. Definitely not, "Oh no, we've made a terrible mistake bringing on this new talent, let's scramble to 'fix' it with barely any time left before promotions!" There's something else that happened there. There may have been some friction between the new players and old players/management, which doesn't seem unlikely since Aphro is used to dealing with Gnomesayin, who is basically the polar opposite of Liquid.

tm24

I love Nami

icE2QhXzJjJjK.jpg

Had a brilliant Cait ult deny by casting shield on myself, speeding me up and then flashing to save Lee Sin at the last second. One of my best plays ever

Curse's new-new line-up is playing Coast in NACL right now. Not the greatest indicator of future performance (I don't expect most teams to take NACL very seriously if they're in relegation), but it'll be a look at Voy's midlane, at least.

Edit: Quas playing trash-tier Shen and Voyboy floundering on Orianna like he's literally never played her before. Okay, funny joke Curse, now what's your real line-up?

So I'm playing every single champ in the game A-Z solo que on 3v3 right now. Actually squared off against a premade GAF team when I got to Ezreal due to random circumstances.

Today I had to do the 'dong, which I was dreading. But actually...

Graves shut Kassadin down bad early but then got ganked by Lee constantly.

I said we should just push, and push we did. I got a triple kill off a bad altar contest on their part.

Sex.

IsayFever

Willhelm why the fuck you build roa mate :x Morellos or Sweeper is such a huge power spike that you can't overlook, and roa doesn't offer shit early on

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
my girlfriend picked the fox

Boken pls.

17 days left guys. Any remaining goals for the end of Season 3?

My aspiration is to become a pokemon master

^
First I will master the pokemans and then the League of Legends.

I don't have the patience nor the time to play the number of games it would take for me to get into Platinum. My goal for this season was to hit gold anyway so I'm not too bummed about it.

Boken

Banned
Someone on Reddit beat me to it for EU and NA (http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1of791/transfer_tracker_monday/)

Confirmed changes
  • new NA team: ggLA - Quas, KOR Kez, Bischu, otter, and NydusHerMain
  • new NA team: Quantic - Locodoco, Suno, Apple, Gunza, Prime
  • Heaventime steps down as the jungler for TBD, while Brokenshard joins
  • Aphromoo is like Pobelter no longer a part of Curse
  • Quas replaces Pobelter as the Toplaner for Team Curse.
  • Yazuki replaces Quas as the Toplaner for GGLA
  • Cop replaces Aphromoo as the Marksmen for Team Curse
  • Forg1venx247 will be the Adc for Copenhagen Wolves
  • Shook v2 was replaced by Amazing as the new Jungler for the Copenhagen Wolves.
  • Forgivenx24/7 New ADC for CW, Rekkles to Fnatic (boken - where the hell did puszu go)
  • Zaineking replaced Valkrin at COGnitive Gaming
  • Kev1n and Hyrqbot have left SK Gaming

Recent Rumors:
  • Quas replaces Pobelter as the Toplaner for Team Curse Confirmed
  • Yazuki replaces Quas as the Toplaner for GGLA Confirmed
  • On the Curse website Voyboy and Quas are listed as Solo Laners. Voyboy is currently playing more mid then top. So we might see Voyboy listed as mid soon. Confirmed (boken-???????)
  • After Shook v2 isnt playing for CW anymore rumors say that he might join the European Super Team (not confirmed!) or even SK or EG. "Given an offer he cannot refuse"
  • Last edit: EdWard will announce his new team in october or in the beginning of November
  • Chaox looking for a team

CHN (forgive me chn scene is hard to follow, somebody pls assist)
  • Tabe and Whit3zz have confirmed their leaving of Royal
  • Rumour: Uzi will join IG as their ADC

KOR
  • new teams: Mook, VTG, Alienware, Prime (two teams), Sirius (two teams), Bigfile (two teams) and “양학하러왔습니다” or “We Came to Slay the Peasants.”
  • Samsung Galaxy Blue with a refreshed roster - Cheonju, Spirit, PawN, Deft, Sense. Has defeated SGO at WCG.
  • Cloudtemplar has retired. (boken - :'( ) Helios moves from Blaze to Frost as their jungler.
  • Maknoon joins CJ Frost as mid laner (boken - wtf, CJ are like the CLG of Korea at this point)
  • ssumday takes maknoon's place on KTArrows
  • Prime (SC2 stalwart - known for trying to develop new players) announces 2 new LoL teams, made up of 100% amateurs.
  • MarineKingPrime (a long time SC2 Pro whose glory days have past, but still having significance to the scene) has officially switched to LoL as part of the Prime.Optimus team.
  • Rumour: Another SC2 Pro is making the switch
  • SK Telecom announces new roster for 2nd team, SK Telecom T1 2. MaRin, Beelzehan, Easyhoon, Bang, and Wolf join.

SEA
  • longstanding player of moba esports, hyhy has left SGS
  • crowd favourite of mineski, Kaigu has left

Willhelm why the fuck you build roa mate :x Morellos or Sweeper is such a huge power spike that you can't overlook, and roa doesn't offer shit early on

Maybe because they had two assassins and a burst ADC?

Sweeper is probably the most OP item on TT but I went for the ROA rush for the beef and cap for the teamfight havoc and it worked solid.

Not sold on Morellos for TT.

Terminator's players always have the best names. Not sure if it's "confirmation", but Voyboy just tried his hand at Orianna in NACL, yeah. The way he played, I'm not sure how long you can really expect that "confirmation" to stick. I'd imagine puszu has remained on Fnatic as a sub, at least for the moment - he's probably going to be a juicy-looking cut of meat for any team coming up through promotion.

The SK news is interesting. They've been on the edge for a while, I'm not entirely sure they can survive losing two of their better members. Their bot lane was never great to begin with, and Ocelotte isn't exactly a rock to build a team around.

Boken

Banned
Im really not sure about voyboy in mid.

the reasons for him mid are - he loves playing assassins/playmakers and he loves 1v1ing people.

problem is, hes a very aggressive player in the lane that has the most jungle attention. mid players cant be blindly aggressive or else theyd get punished real hard, so I wonder how that would affect him.

You know what would be cool?

If someone made a summary about every team in the LCS a few weeks before Season 4 begins, so people can get to know a little bit more about the teams before the Season begins. (But, who would have the time to do it?)

15 days left, still in Silver 2.

Oh how I regret don't trying to end discusions in my last two promos, I was so close to win the second game to move to Silver 1 in both series, hell, in one of those games we had all the inhibitor's towers, and we had already destroyed their nexus towers, and yet, because I didn't said anything after a bad teamfight, I let my team lose focus and lose the games.

Sigh, now, I had a very bad losing streak, I don't mind having bad teammates, everybody has a bad game every so often, but there's people that's really hard to carry, the kind of people who will chase a low health enemy from our wolves, to the enemy red, and worse, they won't listen that it wasn't a good idea to chase for a pointless kill. I don't mind bad people, or just teammates that gets outplayed by the other laner, but the people that do stuff like that, it really discourage me to keep playing.

Basically, I don't mind people that has a bad game, but I do mind people that refuse to cooperate in any way, and in some sense, has already given up, and are just trying to complete a personal vendetta against someone in the other team.

Im really not sure about voyboy in mid.

the reasons for him mid are - he loves playing assassins/playmakers and he loves 1v1ing people.

problem is, hes a very aggressive player in the lane that has the most jungle attention. mid players cant be blindly aggressive or else theyd get punished real hard, so I wonder how that would affect him.

He actually does play a lot of potential mid champions (like Katarina, as noted above, though he played her more tanky), but... yeah. Especially considering S4 is trying to move the game away from assassin domination. I'd like to see him run some Kassadin and maybe Midalee, but he's got a pretty short window to do it in before the meta shifts away from the former, at least.

That said, there's a difference between playing mid champions and actually playing mid, especially at a professional level. As you noted, he doesn't really have the right "attitude" for mid, being more a fan of all-in champions and diving. Mid-lane jungle awareness is a lot more than just setting a ward and watching your opponent to see if they're acting weird, he's going to have a rough adjustment.

EXGN

Curse's new-new line-up is playing Coast in NACL right now. Not the greatest indicator of future performance (I don't expect most teams to take NACL very seriously if they're in relegation), but it'll be a look at Voy's midlane, at least.

Edit: Quas playing trash-tier Shen and Voyboy floundering on Orianna like he's literally never played her before. Okay, funny joke Curse, now what's your real line-up?

That game was terrible but at least Curse can only improve from there.

ZionSpartan on Riven was CSing better than his midlaner even though he was in a 1v2 lane. That should never, ever happen. Voyboy let Shiptur roam so hard and didn't punish him at all and I saw him use his ult on himself twice. IWD played like he was blind, engaging team fights when he had zero vision on the enemy team. Quas played alright early but when you put him into a 1v1 lane where he's down 22 CS to 70 CS because his duo let the enemy top laner free farm, that's a recipe for disaster.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
MKP is now playing LoL? This game is confirmed to be awesome.

Unless he plays ADC he will flounder horribly. Even then I don't think his transition will be nearly as successful as his SC2 career. Starcraft players haven't been transitioning to LoL very well at all.

Boken

Banned
Unless he plays ADC he will flounder horribly. Even then I don't think his transition will be nearly as successful as his SC2 career. Starcraft players haven't been transitioning to LoL very well at all.

SKT T1 PIGLET MUTHAFUKKA
NBJS WATCH QTPIE

but seriously hes probably an adc player. makes too much sense

Bob White

You know what would be cool?

If someone made a summary about every team in the LCS a few weeks before Season 4 begins, so people can get to know a little bit more about the teams before the Season begins. (But, who would have the time to do it?)

15 days left, still in Silver 2.

Oh how I regret don't trying to end discusions in my last two promos, I was so close to win the second game to move to Silver 1 in both series, hell, in one of those games we had all the inhibitor's towers, and we had already destroyed their nexus towers, and yet, because I didn't said anything after a bad teamfight, I let my team lose focus and lose the games.

Sigh, now, I had a very bad losing streak, I don't mind having bad teammates, everybody has a bad game every so often, but there's people that's really hard to carry, the kind of people who will chase a low health enemy from our wolves, to the enemy red, and worse, they won't listen that it wasn't a good idea to chase for a pointless kill. I don't mind bad people, or just teammates that gets outplayed by the other laner, but the people that do stuff like that, it really discourage me to keep playing.

Basically, I don't mind people that has a bad game, but I do mind people that refuse to cooperate in any way, and in some sense, has already given up, and are just trying to complete a personal vendetta against someone in the other team.

I'm in the EXACT same boat. Lost two silver 1 promos. Hard losing streak. 0 LP

That game was terrible but at least Curse can only improve from there.

ZionSpartan on Riven was CSing better than his midlaner even though he was in a 1v2 lane. That should never, ever happen. Voyboy let Shiptur roam so hard and didn't punish him at all and I saw him use his ult on himself twice. IWD played like he was blind, engaging team fights when he had zero vision on the enemy team. Quas played alright early but when you put him into a 1v1 lane where he's down 22 CS to 70 CS because his duo let the enemy top laner free farm, that's a recipe for disaster.

I want to say they see these games as a chance to gain the two of them practice on champions that are really important to the professional meta right now (Shen and Ori), but that they aren't predisposed toward playing. (Quas, not unlike Voyboy, is more about high-risk aggressive champions in top lane, like Top Aatrox. Voy certainly didn't seem comfortable on Orianna.)

Hopefully when they get to games that actually matter they'll have the two of them on champions they play well. I don't think Voy actually has enough time to learn Orianna on top of everything else he needs to learn to play mid.

Boken

Banned
New rumour mill

this is the new SK Gaming lineup:
Support: Nyph
ADC: MrRallez
Top: Saphe
Mid: Pnad Pray Love
Jungle: Whiteknight108

Nekofrog

Banned
Alright, fuck it. I'm done with ranked for the season. I don't care anymore. I keep trying and trying and trying, but I always (ALWAYS) get a goddamn disconnecter. Fuck it. Maybe next season.

Boken

Banned
Alright, fuck it. I'm done with ranked for the season. I don't care anymore. I keep trying and trying and trying, but I always (ALWAYS) get a goddamn disconnecter. Fuck it. Maybe next season.
Sounds bad man. If you tough it, the enemy team will get some disconnections, I promise :)

But there's nothing to gain from stopping ranked if you plan to play next season. If you keep playing, you can improve AND you can increase your MMR for the League reset. Forget about trying to get gold now, try to increase your chances of getting gold next season.

Boken

Banned
No really I was. I called mid ... first pick called jungle.

First pick then suddenly picks Annie.

I didn't want to take anyone elses roles that they called .... I picked 2nd. Jinx was open so I said fuck it ... lets try her out.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19938987#history/1119484741

Went Boots > BT > LW > Zeal > IE > was gonna get GA
legolas build (sorry scy) seems to be pretty good with her right now
using the ult to dodge a skillshot?

#noctmechanics

Macattk15

its what you did. used commonly on varus in #esports

bt-lw-more swords

jinx minigun probably needs an AS% reduction. put the damage into the rocket at higher level instead

Ah ok.

I wasn't sure what to build on her but it seemed to work well.

With 3 stacks the mini-gun attack animation was just a steady stream of bullets. I am also guessing they will nerf.

Also crit Fishbones at the beginning of a team fight where the enemy was grouped. Ezreal and Zyra went down to like half hp ..

Gragas was really scary on their team though. Fuck that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom