• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev

Banned
As I said, Elise is just a bad choice for a victorious skin. Who knows which important member of Riot designed her / has her as his waifu for this to happen.

Janna victorious looks like a legendary skin in comparison.

As I said, Elise is just a bad choice for a victorious skin. Who knows which important member of Riot designed her / has her as his waifu for this to happen.

Janna victorious looks like a legendary skin in comparison.
She's a popular community made champion that was used regularly in competitive play through the whole season, why is she a bad choice?

Also the skin is obviously hilariously incomplete

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
LZntzQt.png

gold IV? ain't nodoge got time for that

From the reddit post it does sound very "captain's mode" esque. One person starts a game and sees people queuing up for the roles he's looking for. Would be kinda fun with a duo queue.

I like that it's a separate mode, though splintering the community a little more I think LoL is big enough to handle it. Eventually it could just replace blind pick since that's what people use blind pick for anyways.

I'm interested to see the matchmaking changes for it, as it seems to some degree it accounts for variables that solo queue doesn't/can't. If there's a ranked queue for it, it could very well replace yolo queue for "serious" high-level play, leaving solo mostly just for people looking to land a quick game or in that kind of "tween" state where they're Lv30 but still haven't really decided what they want to commit to in terms of roles.

Well, that was stupid. I downloaded Wintermint (that new unofficial client) and it's already been shutdown (by Riot I'm guessing?).

Sucks, it was working so great for me too.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I just feel like the actual feel of Elise doesn't work well with the Victorious skin theme. Like... she's supposed to be very natural and organic in her movements. Those armor platings and stuff doesn't fit that theme. It's just... weird. I would've much rather had some other champion that fits the bill.

JesseZao

I just feel like the actual feel of Elise doesn't work well with the Victorious skin theme. Like... she's supposed to be very natural and organic in her movements. Those armor platings and stuff doesn't fit that theme. It's just... weird. I would've much rather had some other champion that fits the bill.

I think the problem is the boring/flat color pallette. The teaser face made it seem like it'd be a darker/sharp(while still shiny) skin. Hopefully it still has a couple of passes left before it's finished.

brian!

spiders have exoskeletonz which are kinda of like armor it definitely plays into her lore where she prays to the spider god of fashion, even tho this god lives in 90s anime gundam wing

Irelia secret OP?

Not really a secret. Irelia was always hand-in-hand with Jax in terms of diving top lane "Trinity Force Bruisers", she just hasn't benefited quite as strongly from the changes that have been made. Jax is much better at utilizing TriForce procs, and his combination of built-in AS and AA resets makes his usage of the BotRK much stronger, even though it's still a good item on Irelia.

The main problem is she used to be an outright lane competitor with Jax (as in, you could pick her into Jax and it would mostly be a skill match-up), but I don't think it's as true anymore. If Jax is banned she's a great fallback for using a similar play style, though.

Boken

Banned
So what are the rumors about the next champ? Hoping for something that's not ADC.

nothing other than that certainlyT is making it

he also has the tendency to make OP champions with new mechanics. he also has made everything but a marksman (or a support... since zyra came out as a mage)

maybe we will get 3 adc in a row.

What's to stop people from picking a different champion? Say I just want to play a support, but I don't know which support until I see the enemy composition. What stops me from queueing as support then picking marksman anyway? If my selection gets limited to supports, what happens if every single support I have is picked/banned?

Boken

Banned
What's to stop people from picking a different champion? Say I just want to play a support, but I don't know which support until I see the enemy composition. What stops me from queueing as support then picking marksman anyway? If my selection gets limited to supports, what happens if every single support I have is picked/banned?

i think right now you queue as your champion

the champ select is also separate from the default champ select

if the mode becomes open to draft mode i think this is an easier way to ban people since if you pick support and troll, itll be a lot more obvious

not sure what the captain dictates other than the role/positions

DeadNames

Banned
nothing other than that certainlyT is making it

he also has the tendency to make OP champions with new mechanics. he also has made everything but a marksman (or a support... since zyra came out as a mage)

maybe we will get 3 adc in a row.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he made Thresh?

Don't think there are any rumors, but it should be a support or mid.

Good. I hope it's a support. I want Ao Shin to be an AP top or a mage. He looks like such a cool champ thematically.

Silver 1 promos, oooooh boy my heart can't take it, I've never come this far, please don't be wax wings please don't be wax wings please don't be wax wings

Boken

Banned
I'm going to go out on a limb and say he made Thresh?

Good. I hope it's a support. I want Ao Shin to be an AP top or a mage. He looks like such a cool champ thematically.

o yeah he made thresh. thats a support

Designed champions Edit
Darius, the Hand of Noxus
Thresh, the Chain Warden[2]
Zed, the Master of Shadows (partly with Samizul)
Zyra, Rise of the Thorns (partly with Coronach and Morello)

guess itll be another adc guys, sorry back your bags up

The way I read it, there's no champion select (or pick/ban) whatsoever. You decide when you queue what champion you want to play. The captain builds a team out of available players based on their chosen roles and champions. The team members then have the chance to opt-out if the members don't like the team the captain has built. You don't "compete" with the other team for picks or get to ban champions from them; the teams are both completely built with the champions locked in before a match is ever made.

That might mean that duplicate champions are possible (on different teams, obviously, not more than one on the same team), though the matchmaking may preferentially try to avoid mirror matches when pairing teams.

Boken

Banned
the team builder means that sadly there will be no client this end of season.

riot pls

at this point we're just waiting for LoL2 instead (itll be released before dota2 hits parity)

DeadNames

Banned
o yeah he made thresh. thats a support

Designed champions Edit
Darius, the Hand of Noxus
Thresh, the Chain Warden[2]
Zed, the Master of Shadows (partly with Samizul)
Zyra, Rise of the Thorns (partly with Coronach and Morello)

guess itll be another adc guys, sorry back your bags up

All those champions have things that make them unique*. I like unique.

*except Darius.

Darius's mechanics are pretty interesting. He's basically a less-boring Garen with some actual interactions. The problem is that he's just from that purely brawly meathead school of Season 2 top laner design where the intention seemed to be for them to just bounce off each other ineffectually until a jungler showed up to make something happen.

I still feel he's better designed than most similar champions (Garen, Renekton, etc.), even if the meta's trying to move away from top lane being a place for beefy men to stare at each other menacingly for minutes at a time pretending they've got a pocket Lee about to jump out of a bush.

DeadNames

Banned
Renekton is really boring IMO. Not much room to make plays in his kit. That's why I prefer champs like Pantheon and Kha'Zix and to an extent, Aatrox.

Kha might just be one of my favorite champs... If only he didn't get dumpstered by anyone ranged :(

Edit: oh and of course

<------ This guy, even though I'm awful with him.

scy

Eh, Renekton has a fair amount of room for making plays in lane. I guess it depends on your definition of "making plays" I suppose.

I like Renekton. Who doesn't like a big alligator?

I remember one play I made with him some time ago. I was off bullying the enemy laner though we're both on low health. Killed the enemy laner, their jungle Gragas showed up, juked his Q and E, then managed to avoid his ult by slicing through him then dicing away even further.

anyone have a cold pack? my back hurts. kat murdering everyone. :(

Must be a really good enemy team if Kat can get through all your CC.

Oh man, this A-Z on 3v3 gets even weirder. I keep winning with these champs I totally expect to get crushed with.

There were so many crazy early plays in this game that got us way ahead and then I just never stopped pushing my lane or using CV+tornado to steal the enemy camps.

Eh, Renekton has a fair amount of room for making plays in lane. I guess it depends on your definition of "making plays" I suppose.

He has a very limited amount of (counter)play built into his kit in Slice & Dice and rage management, other than that he really is basically just a huge side of beef you slap people in the face with. He's probably about the "dumbest" brawler design you'll ever see in the game going forward, due to shifting goalposts in champion design goals.

He's not a terrible design, and not even the worst meatwall champion in the game (I'd probably lay that at the feat of lane Nasus or maybe even Malphite), but he pretty much is the living embodiment of the "design top champions to be hard to kill and get a lot of free stats/damage, but not a lot of options" mentality that pervaded Season 2.

Zynx

So, did any of you do anything special to improve your last hitting? It's something I want to focus on now since it's becoming obvious that gold = items = success. Can you guys last hit well even when you're not feeling 100%?

So far I've gone from ~30cs at 10 min to about 60 or so when I'm in the "zone", but if I feel even the slightest bit tired, I do so much more poorly. It also doesn't help when I face a champion I've got no experience against in lane and get harassed to pieces, but I figure that will improve with that experience that I'm lacking (although it's still pretty hard to dodge Zigg's bombs).

Right now, when I play Annie support, it's pretty damn gratifying to support an ADC who's competent and help them carry. Too bad it only happens like 1/7 times. 5/7 times I can still feed the ADC some kills (because nobody respects me hiding in the brush with my stun ready in normals it seems) but they can't last hit, nor are they good in teamfights.

There's stories of players playing mostly 1 champ to high ranks, and right now I think I want to play ranked as soon as I can (12 levels to go), since it feels that the skill differential in normal games can swing so damn wildly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom