• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Lizard is a bit more attractive for AoE AD I guess. I tried it on Sivir and it was okay. It would have been better on old Sivir since the damage/ratios were way lower and didn't come in bursts of 3. It should be a bit cheaper though.

I'm SFTY Grizzlybear on PBE. Mostly gonna stick to jungling or trying out Soraka / Taric.

Not sure how I feel about new Wriggles.

I played a custom with Yi. After 300cs (65/35 ratio in favor of monsters) it gave me an extra 1000 gold. This includes bonus dragon gold. Problem is that its stats for actual combat is pretty bad for a 1800g item (20aspd, 20 armor). It didn't help much that lifesteal became life on hit.
Wriggles has a late game upgrade, but it (along with several other new items presumably) hasn't been put into the current PBE build yet.

Fuzzery

Bloodthirster back to 3000 gold.

I wonder how many patches it'll take before they raise the price again. I'm thinking one.

It wasn't so much that BT was that bad, just botrk was the better alternative when it was OP. But yeah.. why can't they just make it 3100

By the way, to whoever asked about how Riot fixed Lollipoppy's splash art (for the loading screen) on PBE:

lollipoppynooobvryd.png

Begone 'pretty' make-up midget.

Nev

Banned
whaatttt the fuuuckk

5 players (including full size Chogath and Zac) will probably still be able to get inside at the same time anyways.

Hell they can get inside the small brush near baron if I recall correctly, which is too much nonsense even for this game.

bjaelke

gold changes are pretty zzz...

impossible to really test or know on the pbe right now, especially with things so incomplete.

Yeah it's not very indicative given that some essential stuff is missing, but there are still plenty of new jungle changes live on the pbe server.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah it's not very indicative given that some essential stuff is missing, but there are still plenty of new jungle changes live on the pbe server.
Imperceptible beyond "I have stacks of cash and level super fast." It's just kind of pointless. Numbers will get changed (nerfed), routes are still unfinished without the new camp, and items are largely the same.

All I'm saying is that you're not missing out on anything when it comes to the PBE right now.

Newt

New item icons!

icons.jpg

Also, they finally made some changes to make Lucian not trash tier

Piercing Light [ Q ] - No longer has 60/75/90/105/120% of bonus Attack Damage
Piercing Light [ Q ] - Added to the tooltip: 'Piercing Light's ratio increases from 50% to 150%,based on Lucian's level.'
The Culling [ R ] - Each shot now deals 50/55/60 damage ( up from 40/50/60)
The Culling [ R ] - Cooldown is now 110/85/60 Seconds (Up from 100/75/50)

Though his Q changes could also be bad....

The return of the Runic Bulwark? Sunfire Cape now Sunfire Armor?
Nah, the one on the top right is currently the standard icon for Aegis on PBE currently. Not sure which item the one at the bottom right is supposed to be.

And I'm not looking forward to people being even more inclined to buy Sunfire Cape now due to the new image. The sooner players drop this bad habit, the better.

Piercing Light [ Q ] - Added to the tooltip: 'Piercing Light's ratio increases from 50% to 150%,based on Lucian's level.'

Lucian is far from trash tier.

That said, Riot dropped the ball hard with his ultimate. Its clunkiness will never make it fun to use (and it even looks very underwhelming with his Hired Gun skin), and Zenon (his designer) prided himself in the fact he only saw a whole two players use it correctly when he did nothing but spectate Lucian games for a week as part of his live research.

New item icons!

icons.jpg

Lucian isn't trash tier. Let's be real here.

I played him on PBE last night with scy and really didn't like the Q change.

I'm not 100% sure on the numbers, can't really remember, but I think at level 9 (which is when you would have Q maxed) it was a ~97% bonus AD scaling when on live it would be 120%. Not sure why that's a change they'd consider. Making abilities scale with level is usually to introduce choice to a champion's kit in terms of what you max first. Makes no sense with Lucian. there's no reason to max any other ability first.

Couldn't tell you about the ult change because Lucian's ult causes the game to bug splat on PBE :/

Newt

Lucian isn't trash tier. Let's be real here.

I played him on PBE last night with scy and really didn't like the Q change.

Couldn't tell you about the ult change because Lucian's ult causes the game to bug splat on PBE :/
Well if you're going by a 4 tiered system he probably wouldn't be in the bottom tier. He'd probably be in like the 3rd tier. Also, do you know what level he gets the Q bonus?

Well if you're going by a 4 tiered system he probably wouldn't be in the bottom tier. He'd probably be in like the 3rd tier. Also, do you know what level he gets the Q bonus?

I'd have to try it again and take some numbers, because I'm not sure if it scales linearly or not. I'll get back to you on that.

I think you'd probably put Lucian in tier 2 if you know how to play him.

Newt

I'd have to try it again and take some numbers, because I'm not sure if it scales linearly or not. I'll get back to you on that.

I think you'd probably put Lucian in tier 2 if you know how to play him.
I've played him, and I've seen his power. He's a champion with 2 very strong base abilties, a good passive, a mediocre w and an underwhelming ult. I know what situation his ult is powerful to be used in, but having an ult that situational is less than ideal.

I feel like this is all ignoring that Lucian is a contested pick in NACL and Korea right now.
I suppose I've maybe just never seen a good Lucian. I know he's a really good pusher, but I've never seen him really do anything special in laning/teamfights. I'll take a look at those NACL games. He could just be Shen status where's he only strong in coordinated teams.

Lucian's actually become a pretty common pick across most regions in competitive play. I can't say about the European scene (as if I'd care what anyone but Rekkles is playing there...), but he's cropping up at an ever-increasing rate in North America, China, and Korea. The only shame is that we won't get to see much high-level tournament play with him before Season 4 likely ushers him out.

The change to his Q was mostly necessary because he's actually a pretty rough early lane bully. He does a lot of damage through the minion line and trades hard with his passive. He's vulnerable to early-level all-in lanes (Draven, Corki, any Leona lane, etc.), but he can get pretty abusive with 'long range' lanes (Cait/Zyra or Annie) and passive farm lanes.

Nev

Banned
New item icons!

icons.jpg

Do Riot actually know what they're doing? First they rip-off Dota2 style icons for no reason at all other than you know, maintain their plagiarism-happy reputation, now they do a Dota2+old Lol batch of new icons while mantaining several old Lol icons in the game.

They seriously need a real lead designer/artist who can establish a consistent and stable art/design direction for once. This is a disaster.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Do Riot actually know what they're doing? First they rip-off Dota2 style icons for no reason at all other than you know, maintain their plagiarism-happy reputation, now they do a Dota2+old Lol batch of new icons while mantaining several old Lol icons in the game.

They seriously need a real lead designer/artist who can establish a consistent and stable art/design direction for once. This is a disaster.
I hope Valve rips off Riots' style of 'releasing a patch every couple months'

Their champion design aesthetics have become much more unified and distinct over time, but the UI, map, and icons could really use a fresh look, yeah.

Leezard

The funny thing is that the dota 2 icons look like they belong in league and the old league icons look like they belong in dota 2. If anything this is moving in the right direction.

Lucian's actually become a pretty common pick across most regions in competitive play. I can't say about the European scene (as if I'd care what anyone but Rekkles is playing there...), but he's cropping up at an ever-increasing rate in North America, China, and Korea. The only shame is that we won't get to see much high-level tournament play with him before Season 4 likely ushers him out.

The change to his Q was mostly necessary because he's actually a pretty rough early lane bully. He does a lot of damage through the minion line and trades hard with his passive. He's vulnerable to early-level all-in lanes (Draven, Corki, any Leona lane, etc.), but he can get pretty abusive with 'long range' lanes (Cait/Zyra or Annie) and passive farm lanes.

Sure, but he's really mana gated in the early game. Like that's their way of gating his damage in lane, and while it's annoying, has been working.

Like if they couple these changes with some mana cost reductions I think I'd be ok with it, but on its own I feel the change is unnecessary.

Old icons needed updating. It's likely they aren't all done.

Your attitude is really odd and hostile.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
When I saw the new Sunfire icon I thought, "I want to buy that." But...it's still the same Sunfire.

Newt

I think I may have underestimated Sivir's potential. I already knew her laning was godlike, but with Banshee's veil her team fighting is so good. I do think BT > IE.

Edwardo

I think I may have underestimated Sivir's potential. I already knew her laning was godlike, but with Banshee's veil her team fighting is so good. I do think BT > IE.

I always felt like getting a Banshee's on her was too much. You already have the spell shield. I mean, it can help, but maybe another offensive item or GA would be better.

edit: Wtf Newt get online, we need to trade gifts.

I think she's looking like a proper Triforce carry right now. Triforce BT LW has been working fine for me, at least.

Also yeah, double spell shields basically turn you into Olaf for a few seconds.

Newt

I always felt like getting a Banshee's on her was too much. You already have the spell shield. I mean, it can help, but maybe another offensive item or GA would be better.

edit: Wtf Newt get online, we need to trade gifts.
Well I built Banshee's that one time because the Kassadin was pretty fed. But I would say if their AP mid is fed it's a good idea to go Banshee's. If you have the reflexes, you can negate all of their burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom