• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

When I do play an AP support I get spellthief just for lane and then sell it for T2 coin upgrade once laning is over. The engage, passive gold generation, and other stats are too good to pass up.

Ah. Good suggestion. I still feel like coin generates more gold though even in the early game. I could be mistaken. I did roam a bit more my last game (to no avail unfortunately) so maybe that was it.

The coin active is just too good though.

jerd

Scruffy on darius said:
We've actually come back around to the work that started 2 years ago and will have something to show very soon. Statikk picked up the darius project after he finished working on Gangplank, and it turns out we can make a lot of improvements for him without too many dramatic changes.

When it's all done, he should have a more healthy + satisfying + some new unique stuff in his kit.

bunch of updates coming soon hopefully

Leezard

parrot said:
WRONG!

Whoops.. sorry, that's a bit harsh. Poppy is currently in our production pipeline with kit locked. Barring an unforeseen hiccup of sizable magnitude we're pretty confident in delivering her before the end of the year.

God help me if I'm wrong..
Poppy indeed

xezuru

If botlane wasn't bad enough, I can't wait having a newly revisualized support poppy, instagibbing my adc with her troll ass skins filling each and every game I can dream to play, future seems bright.
I love it.

jerd

6fmOdO6.jpg

Swain needs this vu

League needs more disney villains

Calvero

Banned
There was miscommunication in Champion Select in my last game and I ended up playing support with Teemo. I thought we were as good as dead, but they were terrible! And we won, even though our ADC was horrible and fed.

Leezard

you know just thinking about it i'm surprised a champion like swain ever got made at all

Riot pumped out one champ every two weeks or so in season 1. That's why we got stuff like Xin Zhao, Swain, Irelia, Yorick, etc. Champs were a lot more similar back then too, particularly the bruisers.

Nekofrog

Banned
Riot pumped out one champ every two weeks or so in season 1. That's why we got stuff like Xin Zhao, Swain, Irelia, Yorick, etc. Champs were a lot more similar back then too, particularly the bruisers.

Yeah, but those make sense. Speary warrior, lady blades, undead gravedigger... ... old man with cane that hobbles and turns into a bird. wat.

Leezard

Yeah, but those make sense. Speary warrior, lady blades, undead gravedigger... ... old man with cane that hobbles and turns into a bird. wat.

Oh, you meant that way. Turning into a bird is kind of random.

How about full metal knight with giant mace that acts like a mage to kill you. Old Sion fits well too.

Kenai

i've played zyra in every meta for a year and a half now, this is faaaaaaaaaaar from being the riskiest meta i've played her in, honestly i think you guys are all overstating this passive meta thing.

sure its true that the solo lanes are strong now and tp is ubiquitous, but those are reasons not to play supports like annie or karma or maybe morg, but zyra and nami both have pretty strong anti-diving mechanics and notably the solo lanes that are popular are not the assassins that traditionally nullified a zyra/nami's kit.

I dunno mang, Karma bot is a pretty safe lane too and she has the godlike poke to take advantage of the Frostfang hits also. Definitely way better than before. Quite looking forward to the Frost line boost, it's been core on her bot for ages.

Seems kinda strange that so many people worship Talisman active while she is basically ignored when she has a slightly weaker version (with a shield bonus) at level 2 on up for "free" and on a shorter CD that becomes a much shorter CD as the game continues. It's cool though, last time one of my other fav champs got real popular (Ziggs), it was bad for a long time.

cwmartin

I've been mostly playing ekko "ap bruiser" in the jungle which I think I just made up.

Usually go cinder - sorc boots - frozen heart - liandrys - rylais - spirit visage. no particular order just whatever I feel is needed first based on the opposing team. Sometimes Aegis-locket instead of visage

I see most people (probuilds) doing cinder without ever touching AP, or full damage burst runeglaive, zhonyas, abyssal, etc.

my build is probably shit efficiency but it seems to work in bronze anyway, where anything can work

full build has ~3800 HP

Shitting on a Devourer's jungle just to have your team feed him stacks anyways is just painful. My heart would never survive being a jungler in this meta.

Musician

Lost first game in my promos because my puppy peed in the bed and I had to leave before I could pick a champion.

Do I keep my puppy? She's clearly bad for my ELO gainz. She's nice and furry tho.

patchday

man no one ever wants to mid (L13- summoners at least)

[edit] Cool, got a win. I managed to hold down the middle pretty well. But man our Varus was well fed. He got 30 kills. At least I came in 2nd for most dmg dealt to enemy champs.

I'm Ahri on that score card. But man that chat tho. My team was a bit too cocky

BqffbC2.jpg

I played some zilean support today and I felt kinda useless in midgame teamfights outside of my ult and the speed up

I want to try him mid since it seems like he'd be a bit better there, but I worry that he just doesn't do enough damage to be a useful midlaner. for comparison's sake, in the game I played him support, we had a TF mid who was doing a good deal of damage. I'm not sure if his utility makes up for the loss of a more powerful mage.

I also went for coin in lane, so that could be why I felt a little underwhelming there, but the mana regen is just too good on him.

Ferga

Trouble with zilean is that his double bomb stun is hard as shit to actually land. I remember a few months ago, Aphro tried to learn zilean support.

He got pretty decent but he just realised that it was too much effort even though the aoe stun is op as hell.

Trouble with zilean is that his double bomb stun is hard as shit to actually land. I remember a few months ago, Aphro tried to learn zilean support.

He got pretty decent but he just realised that it was too much effort even though the aoe stun is op as hell.

Yeah, his difficulty curve is just a little too steep for it to be worth it. The stun is super telegraphed, and even if you try to land it on minions it might just get picked up by another minion and screw up the whole thing. It's easier to just play other champs.

His spell rotation also involves quite a bit of mouse movement that you kind of have to get good at if you want to nail it. Speed up, bomb, rewind, bomb, speed up/slow enemy, continue ad infinitum. there's a lot you can mess up for not much reward, although that slow is super OP at max rank

oh shit his Q has a 90% AP ratio though

edit: i wish you could turn on smartcast with indicators on a spell by spell basis like you can with smartcast vs regular cast.

patchday

Been curious bout playing Zilean. Maybe he'll be on free rotation soon

Man I guess I trolled my teammate hard. I was on Kalista and made a Yasou my oathsworn (this just Dominion coop). While fighting some AI enemy champs Yasou's health got a little low and tried to bail. No, no son let's finish this fight I'm thinking. So I yanked him back into the fight with my ultimate. He killed the enemy champs but died in the process. aw man he was so salty afterwards lol. Man, I felt like I bonded with Kalista right then tho I cant lie

Will miss her when shes not on free rotation anymore :(

drawkcaB

I played some zilean support today and I felt kinda useless in midgame teamfights outside of my ult and the speed up

How odd. I felt he was ok in lane. Best game I played with him I wasn't really trying to force doube bomb stuns too much, rather using Q as a poke tool. Q-W-Q is much easier to land when the opponents engage, I found. They're too focused on the engage to notice the bombs. There's a temptation to play supports with significant stuns as kill lanes, but I think that Zilean is an early game poke support who transitions into a protection/peel support.

It was in teamfights that that I thought Zilean excelled. The chaos makes it harder for enemies to pick up on bomb placements and he can double bomb his allies. I agree with Ferga on that point, double bomb stuns in mid to late game teamfights are fucking top notch.

Trouble with zilean is that his double bomb stun is hard as shit to actually land.

Nope! Well, not entirely. Seriously, try it again. Patch 5.12 fixed a bug that caused a delay in the Q-W-Q combo. It was hard because it was harder than it should have been in the first place. I fired up a custom just to try it out and it's smooth as butter now. If it weren't for his rewind mana cost bug I'd be trying him out some more but instead...

I made some adjustments to the way I play Braum and it payed off. Much more poke centric with Q as opposed to forcing all-ins. Picked up ignite instead of exhaust and that seemed much better. The opposing lane forced a trade at level 2 but between Braum E and the ignite the trade was easily won with two enemy flashes having to be burned. Spent the 3rd skill point on rank 2 Q and laning phase was easy peezy from there on out.

In the two games I've tried it I found much more use out of ignite than exhaust on Braum. So, sweet, Braum's back in my support pool.

How odd. I felt he was ok in lane. Best game I played with him I wasn't really trying to force doube bomb stuns too much, rather using Q as a poke tool. Q-W-Q is much easier to land when the opponents engage, I found. They're too focused on the engage to notice the bombs. There's a temptation to play supports with significant stuns as kill lanes, but I think that Zilean is an early game poke support who transitions into a protection/peel support.

It was in teamfights that that I thought Zilean excelled. The chaos makes it harder for enemies to pick up on bomb placements and he can double bomb his allies. I agree with Ferga on that point, double bomb stuns in mid to late game teamfights are fucking top notch.

Nope! Well, not entirely. Seriously, try it again. Patch 5.12 fixed a bug that caused a delay in the Q-W-Q combo. It was hard because it was harder than it should have been in the first place. I fired up a custom just to try it out and it's smooth as butter now. If it weren't for his rewind mana cost bug I'd be trying him out some more but instead...

I made some adjustments to the way I play Braum and it payed off. Much more poke centric with Q as opposed to forcing all-ins. Picked up ignite instead of exhaust and that seemed much better. The opposing lane forced a trade at level 2 but between Braum E and the ignite the trade was easily won with two enemy flashes having to be burned. Spent the 3rd skill point on rank 2 Q and laning phase was easy peezy from there on out.

In the two games I've tried it I found much more use out of ignite than exhaust on Braum. So, sweet, Braum's back in my support pool.

that's how I play braum as well. his strength isn't in his engage but his peel, so forcing all-ins in lane isn't reeeallly what he's best at.

just tried mid zil and it went better. its basically impossible to die, since youre just on the edge of fights throwing bombs in. The occasional stun is there, but it's ahrd to feel super useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom