• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What's the build path for AD Fizz? I tried Devourer's + triforce + bork but I've seen others rush bork after their jungle item.

Neol

Only seen triforce on AD Fizz when he's top lane since he's able to get the farm and such.

Otherwise jungle usually goes Devourer's > bork then straight tank unless you get insanely fed early on then feel free to build triforce.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm about to watch the faker game but i don't think viktor is gonna be nerfed, he didn't look unbalanced or lacking counterplay on the kuro/coco games

faker test tho is gonna be a good test to see if he's op

garath

What's the build path for AD Fizz? I tried Devourer's + triforce + bork but I've seen others rush bork after their jungle item.

No triforce in the jungle. botrk is a much bigger power spike and really all the damage you need.

Skirmishers into devourer (get this asap to start stacking)->Botrk->Tank

couple other items I'd mention are:
- Frozen heart - this is practically core imo. Mana since Fizz's E has such a high cost, armor, CDR (hugely important) and reduces attack speed for better dueling potential against any auto attackers. I almost always build this after devourer and botrk
- Merc treads or tabi. His passive already acts like a tabis so I usually go Mercs if there's any CC at all on the opposing team. As much as Fizz likes CDR and attack speed, the defensive boots are much better than lucidity or bezerkers.

Runes are Attack speed quints and marks, armor seals, 5% cdr glyphs, rest MR/lvl glyphs.

Jeff-DSA

I want to call foul on Riot's statistics for leave rates. They try and sell us on the idea that it's under .2%, but I guarantee that it's closer to 5% when you factor in AFK at the fountain teammates that just give up. I bring this up because I had it in 3 out of 5 games last night (the 3 being ranked, the other two being normals, of course) and my friend who was spectating was telling me that the odds are super against that.

I don't buy it. I think Riot has some funny numbers for leave rates. I would say AT LEAST one game in 20 has a quitter on one side or the other.

Newt

I want to call foul on Riot's statistics for leave rates. They try and sell us on the idea that it's under .2%, but I guarantee that it's closer to 5% when you factor in AFK at the fountain teammates that just give up. I bring this up because I had it in 3 out of 5 games last night (the 3 being ranked, the other two being normals, of course) and my friend who was spectating was telling me that the odds are super against that.

I don't buy it. I think Riot has some funny numbers for leave rates. I would say AT LEAST one game in 20 has a quitter on one side or the other.
Maybe the stats are bad, but the system they have in place is quite good.

zkylon

zkylewd
nflyeEx3fGM42cmd

cute zyra for the zyra fans

Bacon

I prefer him top too, although I love those post 6 lane ganks thanks to his ult, just running right down the lane.

And I'm not trying to prove you wrong or put you on the spot or anything, really. When someone says jungler X is bad or has a rough so-and-so I'll always chime in if I think that's incorrect because the player might be doing something wrong.

Just for a relevant example, I was spectating a plat level player a few weeks ago who was playing jungle Hecarim and he was matched vs. a jungle Sion who was max'ing E in the jungle like you would in top lane and he was having an awful go at it until around level 6. Just figured you might be in the same situation because of what you originally posted. It's perfectly rational for players who play champs in lane to use the same skill orders in the jungle, but that often doesn't work. Probably didn't come across that way, but I just wanted to see if you might be doing something that was holding you back.

Some day Faker will play Heimerdinger...and we will all know sheer terror in solo queue.

Fair enough, I see where you were coming from, I'm a softie at heart.

In other news I may finally get back to silver tonight! It feels like the leagues are starting to balance themselves out again. It was a total crapshoot in terms of skill for a little while there in the beginning of the season.

I know it's supposed to be a battering ram but her weapon looks too much like Jayce's cannon.

They should totes reuse that design somewhere, but Braum is the superior design regardless.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's interesting how much these characters change during design

like, braumette looks piltoverish with a high-tech mechanical shield/battering ram, and she turned into freljord's version of major armstrong from fma with a love of poros and hugs and a big ass door for a shield

pretty cool

And then we get early concept art for Jinx.

She was originally planned to be a "ranged udyr".

wow that's awesome

ranged udyr is i guess sona, anyways

or smthing

Early Ziggs looks like Ryze and Karthus had teh secs

Actually, that guy -- Ivan -- was intended to be a mage but ended up looking like a tank as his design became bulky. They had a toggle who ran around bopping people with a hammer but he was too close to Poppy.

So they mixed and matched things. The bomb parts of Ivan and the yordle bits merged to create Ziggs. The bulky armor eventually became Nautilus.

Source: I was there and I heard that shit.

BlazinAm

Ugh, all the garbage Lucian players flocked to Graves, now I have to deal with these shitters taking the role every fucking game

Went 14-3 as Graves in my first match as him. When they nerf him people will move on to something else but he's not unstoppable. Also I got 1 IP reward bonus for my loss in an aram, thanks Riot :| .

Nekofrog

Banned
ive never seen a legit bot in a game before but this ez is one

hitting micron based skillshots

was a feeder until his flash switched from F to D and started going 18/0 almost every game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom