• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
holy shit, another scripter

cass this time. this one was way more obvious, and even her team called her out lol

so this week i've seen: a xerath scripter, an ezreal scripter, and the classic cass scripter

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Scripting can be pretty obvious though.

It's one thing to run around and have that "sixth sense" that channels your inner Faker dodging all the skillshots but some of the vids I've seen on Youtube are pretty convincing (people arbitrarily standing still or flashing/juking into a bad position). The funniest ones are people chasing a low HP enemy when they're full themselves but their scripter forces them to dodge a skillshot preventing them from securing a kill.

I've never had one in any of my ranked games (that I know of) but if someone is cheating and still can't get out of gold then it's whatevs and if people are risking their to account to cheat in normals/arams then I got nothing but pity for them regardless.

squadr0n

So I've been a big Dota 2 player with over 500 hrs and have recently started trying out LoL after taking a long break from Dota 2. I tried LoL around the time Dota was coming out but just hated the art style at the time but love the new look.

I was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations for someone like me to get a better understanding of the differences and what heros I should try first and which ones to stay away from? So far I've bought Yasho (sp?) and tried focusing in him for a bit.

When I first started dota, alt tabing to look at builds was such a pain in the ass during a game. Does LoL have anything similar to Dotas built in Build Helper other than the suggested items from the shop?

Switching topics, are there any other intro videos like the one released for the Bard they have out out? I'm really loving the new art style.

zkylon

zkylewd
i never once have seen someone script in any of my many games

so yea neko you're just shit <3

also saw this kickass artist doing disney x lol things on reddit:
jasmine__the_fist_of_shadow_by_dreemers-d7um38e.png

elsa__the_frost_archer_by_dreemers-d7u9j08.png

rapunzel__the_loose_cannon_by_dreemers-d7xh31i.png

helen_and_violet_by_dreemers-d7vy3hf.png

they don't make much sense (why is mf ariel and not nami? wtf) but i love her style. some more here: http://dreemers.deviantart.com/gallery/

So I've been a big Dota 2 player with over 500 hrs and have recently started trying out LoL after taking a long break from Dota 2. I tried LoL around the time Dota was coming out but just hated the art style at the time but love the new look.

I was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations for someone like me to get a better understanding of the differences and what heros I should try first and which ones to stay away from? So far I've bought Yasho (sp?) and tried focusing in him for a bit.

When I first started dota, alt tabing to look at builds was such a pain in the ass during a game. Does LoL have anything similar to Dotas built in Build Helper other than the suggested items from the shop?

Switching topics, are there any other intro videos like the one released for the Bard they have out out? I'm really loving the new art style.

LoL doesn't have an in-game guide sadly.
- probuilds.net = look at what pros recently build per champion
- leagueoflegends.wikia.com = wiki
- lolking.net/guides = written guides

Yasuo is cool though there's really no one like him in Dota 2.

Just play the free week rotations to get to know them better. From this week's rotation, Vayne and Urgot are the more unique ones for Dota 2 players.

Edwardo

I'd say just play anyone and everyone. You gotta learn em all eventually. You can figure out who you like to play as you go along.

TomShoe

Banned
I'd say just play anyone and everyone. You gotta learn em all eventually. You can figure out who you like to play as you go along.

don't listen to this man. Pick who has the highest win rate and start playing them until rito comes in with the nerf hammer, then move on to the next and repeat. You can thank me when you get to Diamond V later.

zkylon

zkylewd

some other cool videos:

amumu music video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AvWV6Mk374
darius skin thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdGvCuikMZQ
a new dawn (graves is a badass show) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzHrjOMfHPY
get jinxed (best shit ever) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nlJuwO0GDs

and yea sadly the game itself is really bad resource-wise, but you should find some luck looking up guides on lolking.net

for the most part you can build the recommended items and do ok as you go along learning the different characters. im sure you'll get the hang of it pretty quick coming from doto

also yeah at low levels just play whoever looks cool to you. try maybe looking up videos or guides to learn their skill order and whatever, just like you would do in doto

bokn

Banned

1. O man you bought Yasuo. He's at a stage where he's really hard to play because he requires so much attention to get a decent level out of him.
2. I recommend Zed, for his power + his vague similarities to ember
3. Those intro videos are just a way for riot to show off and do not have a consistent art style. They are pretty good though.

check out their featured videos list: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbAFXJC0J5GbPCHf3sFaiQZ0aafvq598x
and their creative videos one: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbAFXJC0J5GZS4aNqACmUbuGE7KHSQB3q

some other cool videos:

amumu music video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AvWV6Mk374
darius skin thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdGvCuikMZQ
a new dawn (graves is a badass show) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzHrjOMfHPY
get jinxed (best shit ever) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nlJuwO0GDs

and yea sadly the game itself is really bad resource-wise, but you should find some luck looking up guides on lolking.net

for the most part you can build the recommended items and do ok as you go along learning the different characters. im sure you'll get the hang of it pretty quick coming from doto

also yeah at low levels just play whoever looks cool to you. try maybe looking up videos or guides to learn their skill order and whatever, just like you would do in doto

How'd you forget your favourite, the Kalista/harrowing ones??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnT8jVCyh_E

Ferga

So is Vel'Koz actually viable as a support? I kinda hate playing immobile champs mid (nightmares from getting camped by Vi as Cass one time).

You need to hit Es once in a while to make it viable.

But if you can do it early on, you basically win the lane with the amount of power coming from the passive.

Blizzard

Banned
holy shit, another scripter

cass this time. this one was way more obvious, and even her team called her out lol

so this week i've seen: a xerath scripter, an ezreal scripter, and the classic cass scripter
A couple of us suggested the Ezreal case seemed more likely to be a booster -- did the skillshots make you certain that it couldn't be human?

Ferga

A liss mid just died 3 times in the first 2 minutes of laning and rage quit while blaming the jungle for not ganking.

That's hilarious.

He also played a terrible fiora in my previous game. Man. How unlucky am I to get matched with him twice with 2 games in between them

Negaduck

What roles or heroes did you play in dota? I just from dota to league every once in a while so I still have a ton of dota experience and might be able to help you in the transfer.

bokn

Banned
i never once have seen someone script in any of my many games

so yea neko you're just shit <3

also saw this kickass artist doing disney x lol things on reddit:

they don't make much sense (why is mf ariel and not nami? wtf) but i love her style. some more here: http://dreemers.deviantart.com/gallery/
Ariel wanted to be a human anyway.

And I don't know why you didn't post the best one:

What roles or heroes did you play in dota? I just from dota to league every once in a while so I still have a ton of dota experience and might be able to help you in the transfer.

you just what every once in a while

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member

big dota 2 player

500 hours
hue

Nekofrog

Banned
No. People just get upset at the game and rationalize their inadequacies as other people cheating.

no, when a champion is legit hitting skillshots with no vision every single time because the scripts have an AOE ring around them that allows skills to go off automatically when a champion enters it is really obvious.

Newt

Most fun ranked game in a while. No-one raged, when we lost a teamfight we discussed what we did wrong. Made a plan that Diana would focus Sion, Zed would focus Jinx and me, Sona and Irelia would take care of Viktor. Feels good when everyone on your team plays their part.

Blizzard

Banned
no, when a champion is legit hitting skillshots with no vision every single time because the scripts have an AOE ring around them that allows skills to go off automatically when a champion enters it is really obvious.
How could scripts detect when a champion enters the ring without vision? Surely scripts can't hack to detect champions out of vision range, like hiding in bushes.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
There are also scripts for Jinx/Ashe/Ezreal if someone is recalling and low they'll automatically use their ult to hit them right when they're back at base. They don't need vision either, could be across the map.

____

Thinking about branching out my "serious mode" champ pool now.

Top - Jax and Vlad, want to add Gnar into that mix
Mid - Vlad and Talon, thinking of adding Yasuo
Jungle - Xin and sometimes Mumu, fine with those two
Support - Solely Zyra lately. Might start playing some Lulu
ADC - Varus, need to play more Kog

zkylon

zkylewd
im just gonna play leblanc from now on

ori ult is too stressing when everyone has a dash lol

maybe better players but im too much of a shitter to play ori anymore

Jeff-DSA

WTF is going on right now? Did some new script come out that's not being detected? Just had a Nasus using a dodge script and his own team told us to report him for it since he was bragging about it in team chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom