• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

This is going to be dumbest thought I've had in regards to League or life in general, but I'm done being nice to people in games. Just played 5 ranked games for my promotions---2 wins, 3 losses. And every damn win was us ahead by a ton, then making dumb decisions over and over and over. And no nice thing I said in ANY game made my teammates stop chasing in unwarded jungles. Or fighting 1v2 or 1v3. How do I get things through morons heads? I mean, the EASIEST ability in the entire game to master is that right-click mouse button. You see a full team in front of you, and you're by yourself? Right-click that shit in opposite direction. No wards in enemy jungle, no enemy champs on visible map, and you wanna steal blue? How about no, and you right-click that shit in opposite direction.

So frustrated right now....
Oh how naive <3.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've been playing some Ahri lately. Her kit's pretty fun

It might be dumb but I've been going scaling cdr glyphs and rushing morellos. Nearly capped cdr like 15 minutes in is hilarious. Insane mobility and you're just chucking spells left and right. Even the ult's on about a 60 second cd at rank 1

The only consistent improvement I see is the average CS and item build quality, barring trolls.

I've played Silvers with better game sense than Diamonds.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Two posts on TI5 and NA winning? I'm sad.
Tournament was absolutely incredible. The meta is so fun to watch.
This is going to be dumbest thought I've had in regards to League or life in general, but I'm done being nice to people in games. Just played 5 ranked games for my promotions---2 wins, 3 losses. And every damn win was us ahead by a ton, then making dumb decisions over and over and over. And no nice thing I said in ANY game made my teammates stop chasing in unwarded jungles. Or fighting 1v2 or 1v3. How do I get things through morons heads? I mean, the EASIEST ability in the entire game to master is that right-click mouse button. You see a full team in front of you, and you're by yourself? Right-click that shit in opposite direction. No wards in enemy ju cryo enemy champs on visible map, and you wanna steal blue? How about no, and you right-click that shit in opposite direction.

Phantom Lancer and Spectre are good

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

It was definitely great to watch, very hype tournament. But not sure why people would be here talking about it though. My friends and I were going crazy over skype with that 5 man earthshaker ability in the final game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It was definitely great to watch, very hype tournament. But not sure why people would be here talking about it though. My friends and I were going crazy over skype with that 5 man earthshaker ability in the final game.
Because NA won the only thing ever in a moba and it won't happen again ;_;7

Phantom Lancer and Spectre are good

I mentioned it! I assume half the thread has me ignored because they hate me being right all the time. It really was a blast to watch. It actually got me to redownload DotA.
Spirit Breaker is a superior Vi

Newt

He's cool, I like him. Ult is a bit meh tho. Uninspired and not very useful outside of specific scenarios (in soloQ anyways, I'm sure with a team that can communicate properly it's miles better.
Your taste in champs is literally disgusting.

tumblr_inline_noyeuh7tbe1t3o6ro_500.gif

Kenai

So i snuck in a vs Bots GP game right before the event timer ended for the older new skin.

I kinda like him? Gonna take me more time to wrap my head around the barrel mechanic but it's way more fun to me than his old whatever it was.

I kinda felt like an asshole though since I kept getting kills without meaning to when I *felt* like I wasn't doing that much sometimes.I had a lot of damage at the end though, Barrels hit a lot harder than I gave them initial credit for and ignore a ton of armor. I might try to play him more.

Tizoc

Lost a game as cho'gath but I totally owned my lane against poor olaf :p
Went Morello>Rabadon+Magic P. boots, my damage was too stronk
We lost cuz all lanes fed like mad and our Mid Karma was dieing to Katarina

wtf what else do I need to do to get S+ on Irelia?!

Always kill the drake and baron :V

Ohnonono

Just started playing this again after a loooong break. The jungle... holy shit lol! sup frogz. Also the game looks much nicer and still runs really well.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've been playing some Ahri lately. Her kit's pretty fun

It might be dumb but I've been going scaling mr glyphs and rushing morellos. Nearly capped cdr like 15 minutes in is hilarious. Insane mobility and you're just chucking spells left and right. Even the ult's on about a 60 second cd at rank 1

wait scaling mr on ahri?

how do u cap cdr then?

get scaling ap or scaling cdr you fool

faridmon

This is going to be dumbest thought I've had in regards to League or life in general, but I'm done being nice to people in games. Just played 5 ranked games for my promotions---2 wins, 3 losses. And every damn win was us ahead by a ton, then making dumb decisions over and over and over. And no nice thing I said in ANY game made my teammates stop chasing in unwarded jungles. Or fighting 1v2 or 1v3. How do I get things through morons heads? I mean, the EASIEST ability in the entire game to master is that right-click mouse button. You see a full team in front of you, and you're by yourself? Right-click that shit in opposite direction. No wards in enemy jungle, no enemy champs on visible map, and you wanna steal blue? How about no, and you right-click that shit in opposite direction.

I have to admit, I do stupid shit like that. You have to consider, at lower levels, people like to assume a lot. Maybe, The ult is used up. Maybe, the jungler is on the other side of the map, maybe I can tank 2v1. Maybe my fellow player will come to help. Maybe I am that good.

Its frustrating to play with people like that, but also, you have to admit, you were like that at some point. Untill you learn the ins and out of this game, shit like that will occur.

zkylon

zkylewd
I shoved scaling CDR on pretty much all of my mid lane pages except the "I'm scared shitless so I'm going full resistances" one
i go scaling ap blues on lux cos of mejais and also cos she can't clear a fucking caster wave without a bit more ap

lux needs a mini rework asap

other than her it's generally cdr, tho i do go ap sometimes on ahri and syndra and now on azir tho azir is boring now

What could they even do with Lux's kit without changing skills completely tho

Bard already stole the perfect idea for her Q. Maybe let E charge up as it stays on the ground like Gragas barrel to one shot waves if you let it simmer the whole duration?

killatopak

Gold Member
Doesn't CS also have an impact on your rank? If you had like 300 cs or something you probably would have gotten S+.

I had a few 30 min games where I don't have 300 cs and still got S+. Those games have deaths and less assists too.

Here.

I want to know how League assesses your rank.

Bard already stole the perfect idea for her Q. Maybe let E charge up as it stays on the ground like Gragas barrel to one shot waves if you let it simmer the whole duration?

You have to remove the AOE slow when it's not activated yet though cause it'll be op.

zkylon

zkylewd

tbh i don't know, but i think she needs a bit of tuning to be a more relevant champion (losing some late rank base dmg on q for some late rank base dmg on e would be a start), maybe do a bit of this juggernaut experimentation on her lol

she's not weak as in "easy to play and pretty high winrate" and all that, but the games she's been played competitively really highlight how outdated she is and how diffcult it is for her to compete against champions that can just easily push her to turret

one thing i've been thinking lately is that the game is much more experimental with spell types now and that maybe it's time to take another look to that whole "w turns ppl invisible" idea. or like boko had sad at one time, give her w the ability to proc passive and reapply passive marks (spell doesn't do dmg) so it can also be used in a weird offensive manner

i duno, haven't really stopped and think about her kit and tbh i like all her spells, but i think she's a bit oudated

garath

I had a few 30 min games where I don't have 300 cs and still got S+. Those games have deaths and less assists too.

Here.

I want to know how League assesses your rank.

You have to remove the AOE slow when it's not activated yet though cause it'll be op.

Wards have a lot to do with it also. Buy a pink and place it. Should net you instant +.

It would be cool if they gave her some new mechanics yeah

One thing that could be interesting is giving her an interaction between her ult and other abilities. Like for example turn W into a sort of reflecting wind wall but if you ult through it you get a spread laser sort of like URF Lux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom