• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

killatopak

Gold Member
Wards have a lot to do with it also. Buy a pink and place it. Should net you instant +.
I think I bought two pink wards on that Irelia game. I always buy 1 whenever I first back. Put my pink in my closer bush and my free trinket on the bush closer to the enemy's tower.
How come trade is unavailable when I have said champion?

in ARAM btw!

The other guy doesn't have your champ.

killatopak

Gold Member
What the hell. New Fiora is already pretty strong yet they're gonna buff her next patch? Everybody spamming Fiora in solo q next patch.

XenodudeX

What the hell. New Fiora is already pretty strong yet they're gonna buff her next patch? Everybody spamming Fiora in solo q next patch.
REally? If been hearing that she really isn't a good top lane champ anymore. Not to mention her jungle play is pretty weak as well.

REally? If been hearing that she really isn't a good top lane champ anymore. Not to mention her jungle play is pretty weak as well.
Fiora was never a good jungler aside from that one patch where Devourer and Skirmisher's were retarded

She's not that good right now but it's mostly due to bugs and cooldown/mana gating, she should be great next patch
Do we still hate nightblue?
7GhAuPK.png
Don't trigger me

killatopak

Gold Member

Her Q is already a nightmare for me because it procs her passive no matter where the mark while her parry can turn the tables on a duel. Having them buff her base stats and lower the cds on her skills means she can trade more often and most likely win small trades due to her kit.

If your champ has an easy to see cc like riven 3rd q or jax counterstrike, prepare to be parried with matching cc and basically lose your trade.

New Fiora is like Irelia without her early game weakness.

zer0das

Banned
New Fiora killed me when I was Taric with 200 armor and like 2000 health in about 3 seconds. She had like 2.5 items (1 jungle item) and all her pen was brutalizer. Felt kind of excessive to me. But then again it was probably like 40% true damage or something obnoxious.

killatopak

Gold Member
So Irelia
But better late game.
New Fiora killed me when I was Taric with 200 armor and like 2000 health in about 3 seconds. She had like 2.5 items (1 jungle item) and all her pen was brutalizer. Felt kind of excessive to me. But then again it was probably like 40% true damage or something obnoxious.

At max level, her passive deals 10% max health true damage or more depending on her items so tanks melt especially with her ult.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh fuck i can't type

15% scaling CDR runes

between that, 5% from masteries and morellos, i'm capped early. total glass cannon but it's a lot of fun
oh yea that's like what everyone's doing now lol

It would be cool if they gave her some new mechanics yeah

One thing that could be interesting is giving her an interaction between her ult and other abilities. Like for example turn W into a sort of reflecting wind wall but if you ult through it you get a spread laser sort of like URF Lux
yeah, i think there's mostly a need to move around numbers and maybe add a few new mechanics/effects so that she feels a bit more modern

like, i feel like lux really needs waveclear right now. waveclear is the one thing every mage has and she shouldn't need mejais to clear casters with my main nuke, specially considering it's on such a high cooldown

like lux is viable in the way malzahar is viable, she's an easy to play, simple champion, but she's not really "competitive" and that's a shame, her kit has a lot of awesome highs with the snipes and combos and kiting, and she's still a very punisheable champion (and rightly so)

edit: so essentially, nerf stuff so u can buff her e, so scaling, mana cost and/or cooldown. the need for her to clear waves with her ult is not really interesting, at least not in the current landscape of the game in which even assassins can instaclear waves (lebonk, zed, ekko) with no problem. in viktor world, azir world, xerath world, kogmaw world, there's just no reason for her to be have weird waveclear. a revert on her base movement speed would also be nice so she can roam better, but that's kind of complicated since it's good balance that she's bad at running away, so not sure...

i'm unsure what to nerf, but probably duration of her shield if not double procc'd, scaling on her q, scaling on her passive.

I want to know how League assesses your rank.
I think CS is another huge factor. I had a Vel'Koz game where I absolutely slaughtered. 0 deaths, a lot of kills and assists. But by end of game my CS was kinda pathetic---like 130-something. I got a B+.
I have to admit, I do stupid shit like that. You have to consider, at lower levels, people like to assume a lot. Maybe, The ult is used up. Maybe, the jungler is on the other side of the map, maybe I can tank 2v1. Maybe my fellow player will come to help. Maybe I am that good.

Its frustrating to play with people like that, but also, you have to admit, you were like that at some point. Untill you learn the ins and out of this game, shit like that will occur.
Yeah....this is probably the smart, mature way to look at it. I'll just keep plowing along and try my best to keep level-headed.

Zky dont know what theyre talking about.

Lux doesnt need more wave clear. E maxed out + passive+ morellos will wave clear early game. If youre building a mejais and end up not being able to clear early on, thats your own damn fault for building a mejais. Obv zky doesnt know how to play Lux if hes building mejais and finding they cant wave clear with her E

Early game clear isn't the issue, mid/late game clear is

Xerath gets to QW a wave, Viktor can just E, Azir autos a couple times then Qs.
Lux has to E and then auto each minion - melee minions taking more than one. That is if she can even get into auto range, otherwise that's 2 Es which cost 130 mana each
Where'd you read that?
Here

Lux has to E and then auto each minion - melee minions taking more than one. That is if she can even get into auto range, otherwise that's 2 Es which cost 130 mana each

Here

For lux its gonna be hard clearing those minions if she has a mejais. If you build a rabadons/morello in Lux then whatwver flavor ap item after, clearing minions up to the... 30-40 minute mark usually takes 1 E. Zky keeps saying 'oh well if you build mejais she cant clear well she needs a rework' I cant help but facepalming at that. Vik gets built in Ap and a secondary damage buff on his E, Xerath has to use multiple spells, and Azir has to autoatrack before hand like you said.

In comparison Lux gets off easy

The difference is Vik/Xerath/Azir get to clear the entire wave

Without ulting at no point Lux will instant clear a wave with just one E. At most she oneshots casters but you still need to waste several extra seconds while top tier mids can snap their fingers and get 6 CS

zer0das

Banned
But better late game.

At max level, her passive deals 10% max health true damage or more depending on her items so tanks melt especially with her ult.

Yeah, but Fiora was like level 10ish, so it's a far cry from that. Still, she probably had less than 100 bonus AD and completely whomped me.

zkylon

zkylewd

yea, definitely looking to change mid and lategame numbers so she can keep up with other midlaners, not early game. her laning is rough but that's not necessarily bad and she's got good kill potential at 6 if she lands q and she can also follow up ganks pretty well

spell+autos is not good waveclear when someone like xerath/viky/azir/ori can clear waves instantly from roughly 1k range while lux has to auto each minion once or ult the wave

not to mention it takes Ziggs a bunch of mana to Q E and he can't even clear the caster minions like that until he has some AP.
i rarely see ppl play ziggs anymore but i used to think the q mana buffs would've been a great help for him. he might be a little weak if he can't easily clear waves since that's kind of his thing

Without ulting at no point Lux will instant clear a wave with just one E. At most she oneshots casters but you still need to waste several extra seconds while top tier mids can snap their fingers and get 6 CS
yup, if you rush deathcap or mejais you can clear casters, but you'll never be able to instantly clear melees unless you blow your ult

tbh there's not much you can do about the latter thing cos she only has one aoe spell (vs ori/xerath/syndra) but all i want is her e scaling to be brought up so she can oneshot casters, then q + auto regular minions, so you can use your ult for fun stuff rather than clearing waves

similar to the ahri q scaling buff, maybe, except that i'd love it if rito could reenergize her kit a bit more since they're at it :>

Shes still fine though. If we're talking about whether she can clear as fast as the top tier clearers, thats a different issue. Theres alot of AP mids that cant clear as fast as Lux. Lux has alotta issues that will keep her from being top tier, the biggest being that she has extremely low mobility.

Immobility isn't an issue. Most top tier mid laners also for the most part have no to low mobility

The problem is that they do everything she can do better and then some. You will never have a reason to pick Lux as long as Xerath exists, for example. She brings nothing to the table as a mid laner beyond relatively good mid range burst and that's something everyone and their mother can do.

Kenai

Immobility isn't an issue. Most top tier mid laners are also for the most part have no to low mobility

The problem is that they do everything she can do better and then some. You will never have a reason to pick Lux as long as Xerath exists, for example. She brings nothing to the table as a mid laner beyond relatively good mid range burst.

Yea, it's less a matter of what she does good or bad vs someone else doing what she does better in every way on the same kit. Right now the only 'unique' aspects of her are her shield and her passive which are probably not much to brag about.

They may do well to adjust her passive to matter more, especially since that could also indirectly boost some of her other kit without any other changes (like her ult). Or something different of course, i am no expert.

Immobility isn't an issue. Most top tier mid laners also for the most part have no to low mobility

The problem is that they do everything she can do better and then some. You will never have a reason to pick Lux as long as Xerath exists, for example. She brings nothing to the table as a mid laner beyond relatively good mid range burst and that's something everyone and their mother can do.

Thats true for alot of midlaners tho? Annie for example is picked more as a support now. Morgana stopped being picked in competitive. Swain doesnt even have any sort of clear. Velkoz is relegated to support. Lux does have long range CC and burst though, something Azir or Viktor dont have.

If Luxs issue is that she isnt as good as other mid laners, than thats a bigger issue that isnt exclusive to Lux. Its that theres too few an amount of midlaners that trounce everyone else in viability.

Morg/Annie/Zyra whatever are picked more bot because they don't need gold to make the most out of their kits. Annie has enough base damage to murder an ADC, why throw her mid when you can have her bot for the early kills and late game flash Tibbers AND have something stupid like Viktor? But if you play Annie/Morg/Zyra mid they are perfectly fine and way better suited for the lane than Lux

Velkoz is relegated to supp because he's shit otherwise - jk he's all right, healthier than Lux at least. Mid lane has the biggest pool of viable champions so it isn't a matter of others needing nerfs so she can be good, her kit just doesn't fit what is asked of a mid laner anymore.

zkylon

zkylewd

yup, xerath, viktor, ori, kog are all ok with low mobility

just replying to u cos i got mr agenda here on ignore for the time being lol (btw tizoc you're on trial period out of the ignore list, i'll appreciate if we can not repeat the spiders thing since i have no problems with u outside of that ty)

Yea, it's less a matter of what she does good or bad vs someone else doing what she does better in every way on the same kit. Right now the only 'unique' aspects of her are her shield and her passive which are probably not much to brag about.

They may do well to adjust her passive to matter more, especially since that could also indirectly boost some of her other kit without any other changes (like her ult). Or something different of course, i am no expert.
i mean, her ult is pretty unique, and she's really really good at sieging if her team can collapse on a bind. i love how this diamond guy on reddit put it: she's a long range assassin, while xerath and ziggs are like artillery, lux is a sniper, she doesn't whittle you down with constant fire, she one shots you in one rotation

that's a pretty cool identity if u ask me

sniper translates to really high burst damage, long range, and pickoff oriented gameplay rather than poke. there are a lot of similarities to xerath and ziggs there, but unlike them she can actually oneshot burst you in a combo (while she gets poked out in extended exchanges of dmg). so like, her cooldowns need to still be long and her burst is probably ok, and her utility is pretty good if not a bit excessive, so all that needs tuned a bit is her waveclear

i think buffing her passive is a bad idea, it's more power in the places she has excess of, and it doesn't address any of her issues.

Velkoz is a fucking god

like i keep saying, velkoz is op!

actually sniper is an obnoxious agility carry with around 1k range, random mini-stuns on right clicks and a single target long ranged nuke similar to caitlyns.

I don't see much reason to pick Ziggs when you have Xerath. Ziggs used to be a strong lane bully but not much anymore. Ziggs can't stall like Xerath who can delete a wave in one Q in at least half of the duration of the match.

Personally I think Orianna is quite mobile even without a dash. She can keep moving while casting on top of having a good MS steroid.

They butchered ziggs into shit

There really needs to be a huge patch that shakes up the game. Right now the homogenity in competitive is boring and only brings out the fotm in every other elo.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't see much reason to pick Ziggs when you have Xerath. Ziggs used to be a strong lane bully but not much anymore. Ziggs can't stall like Xerath who can delete a wave in one Q in at least half of the duration of the match.

Personally I think Orianna is quite mobile even without a dash. She can keep moving while casting on top of having a good MS steroid.

Ziggs doesn't have the raw waveclear Xerath does, but he's a bit more mobile and is a much better control mage I feel

zkylon

zkylewd
I think Nid might be moron status now.
was nidalee ever in a state ppl didn't complain about her :p

that's true, but that's a xerath and ziggs problem, not a lux one

i think rito should push ziggs more into wave and zone control (clearing waves with ult, tower dmg on passive, zoning with w and e and q spam) and xerath into the pokey pokey zone (duno much about him, but prolly less waveclear with higher q cd and more focus on his ult?)

i'm not much of a fan of either of them, poke is boring

no cast animation (one of my favorite features for a mid) and the on-demand speed boost from self e+w are really nice, but she's no leblanc

and for the longest times xerath and ziggs were fine with no mobility. viktor has a bit when he upgrades his q but even then he has to cast a really low range spell with a cast animation

mobility is not lux's issue. lux's issue is being overpressured by pretty much all the mids in the game, which becomes super apparent when u see her in competitive. on regular games it's not that important cos ppl don't make plays on the map off a pushed midlane, at least not as decisively as they do in competitive

i want lux in competitive, i think she's fun as hell to watch and play and she should get a slight push in a more healthy direction

Einbroch

Banned
Quinn being worked on by the guy that is doing the Skarner and Garen changes, neat
They just need to make her ult a shorter cooldown (60/50/40), fix her passive so it's not so random and buggy, and make her Q scale more with AD or make it trigger her passive. Make it harder to hit if you want.

Quinn fixed.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
They just need to make her ult a shorter cooldown (60/50/40), fix her passive so it's not so random and buggy, and make her Q scale more with AD or make it trigger her passive. Make it harder to hit if you want.

Quinn fixed.

Give Valor jokes too.

Because reasons.

drawkcaB

Heavily leaning towards Skarner becoming really, really strong. The results I've witnessed from players who've been maxing E first are really impressive. That skill with its new CD passive and lower mana cost is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom