• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
hR9xGo1.jpg

who else loves spending this long in a troll game that couldve been closed easily if your shaco would've actually played properly instead of suiciding multiple times.

I LOVE IT

meanwhile the shen streak continues. 7-0... come on shenny boy. get me there.

jerd

That triple jump guy from korea actually builds a second brutalizer after finishing warrior and sits on it. I've tried it a few times and it feels really good but it's kind of weird bc if you build tiamat and hexdrinker you're sitting on 3 mid level items. I usually go merc treads and skip hexdrinker unless they're ap heavy but I'm no expert

That triple jump guy from korea actually builds a second brutalizer after finishing warrior and sits on it. I've tried it a few times and it feels really good but it's kind of weird bc if you build tiamat and hexdrinker you're sitting on 3 mid level items. I usually go merc treads and skip hexdrinker unless they're ap heavy but I'm no expert
What would you build instead of hex drinker?

jerd

What would you build instead of hex drinker?

I'll preface this by saying it's usually a bad idea to follow my builds. I've come to terms with the fact that i have no self control and will always play ham af so i build accordingly

If they are real ap heavy I'd go rangers/warrior, brut, mercs, tiamat, banshee's, sell brut, last whisper,get randuins somewhere in there and finish my mid level items. Upgrading to hydra earlier isn't that bad, but kha doesn't benefit from the lifesteal very much so I'll either opt for damage elsewhere like lw or survivability instead. I really only build hex drinker if I'm snowballing against an ap heavy team

Otherwise I'd likely do something like rangers/warrior, brut, tiamat, shoes (likely still mercs unless they have like devo jungle, fed aaers, etc), black cleaver (this is bad don't do this), and finish with a couple of defensive options

My thing with kha is if they're isolated youre gonna do a shit ton of damage as long as you have a couple of damage items, and if they're not you're not gonna burst them super hard anyway so you'll just get peeled and die. I build him beefier and evolve his ult third and it lets me do some fun things in teamfights late

TomShoe

Banned
20% play rate

54% win rate

Ahri is just silly right now. Good thing the nerfs are coming with the Schoolgirl skin. Going to be a lot of horny teenagers playing = free wins

zkylon

zkylewd
I panicked and tried building a whole lotta shit, I'm still figuring out Fiora's itemization but yeah Tiamat feels like a must since she can't push otherwise, but she really needs some mana solution right now, maybe Tiamat into Triforce then full tank? I dunno
i dunno, i'm only thinking about mid so i'm probably gonna go hydra like i did with j4 since sustain and waveclear are really good against mages.

i think trinity force second might be kind of bad, it'll make all your powerspikes all wonky and stuff :p

One thing is for certain, glass cannon feels pretty bad. You don't need that much damage anyways since her passive ratio scales with levels so lategame you're doing like 8-10% per vital without going full offense. Also right now she needs some CDR but once that Q buff is live she will be fine without it
i still don't know which kind of champion fiora is, i think idea is she's a "light fighter" thing but to me light fighter is kind of a dumb word. like yasuo and yi and riven are assassins, weird assassins but they have mobility and one shot people, that's an assassin to me lol

so i'm guessing fiora is pretty much the same as riven, so hydra and lw every game or something like that makes sense to me. hexdrinker is also gonna be pretty good midlane. i dunno so much about black cleaver, doesn't sound like she got good ways of stacking it

but yeah at least hydra and lw i think are gonna be core every game, after that maybe bt, youmuus, hexdrinker, maybe black cleaver and maybe some of the new items.

if she's actually more the bruisery type then i dunno, but i won't play her then :p

(i talk as if she wasn't released cos my computer is dead and can't play right now :<)

20% play rate

54% win rate

Ahri is just silly right now. Good thing the nerfs are coming with the Schoolgirl skin. Going to be a lot of horny teenagers playing = free wins
cos it's been proven that grown men with jobs are better at videogames than kids with nothing else to do in their lives :p

Leezard

shen is like the only champion that i change my runes/masteries for for every match.

http://i.imgur.com/pkVvlEI.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/z9vZLWK.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/icJ4pYW.png[IMG]

it depends who im up against[/QUOTE]

You don't do that for Irelia?

You're almost a Shen main, then. :^)

Nekofrog

Banned
very rarely. if it's an all ad team or ap heavy team, i have pages for that. with irelia i just farm until 6 and sheen and then go from there, same rune page in general.

Leezard

very rarely. if it's an all ad team or ap heavy team, i have pages for that. with irelia i just farm until 6 and sheen and then go from there, same rune page in general.
I see. Back in the day when I used to main Irelia I had a couple of pages with different AD/AS distributions depending on whether I would win lane by out-bursting or by out-sustaining the enemy. That was a long time ago though, top lane could be so different nowadays.
@_@

Hrm. Tiamat shen...or atleast the new one that's coming out that does damage based on health might be good on him.

That might indeed be good. He gets waveclear and some more damage that scales off of HP.

That might indeed be good. He gets waveclear and some more damage that scales off of HP.

Yeah.

With ASpeed his clear becomes that much faster, since the new tiamat has health as a first item it'll be decent. Then you have the actual cleave and the active cleave which is about 10%, greaty synergy with his own passive(Unless his rework comes out and they scrap that.).

Either way it'll be a disgusting item on shen, his split push will be amazing.

Nekofrog

Banned

more shen, more wins. its like this champion exists to correct the mistakes of your teammates and turn that mistake into a net gain

also the vi build lol

the janna asked me before the end of the game "shen 8-0? what's going on?". i told her that shen showed me the way unlike my ex waifu irelia

berserker greaves vi

absolutely disgusting. I had one of those in the past, 'HUR DUR THIS IS HOW YOU BUILD VI'. needless to say they had like 10 deaths.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
more shen, more wins. its like this champion exists to correct the mistakes of your teammates and turn that mistake into a net gain

also the vi build lol

the janna asked me before the end of the game "shen 8-0? what's going on?". i told her that shen showed me the way unlike my ex waifu irelia

He's like the Janna of toplane. Pretty safe pick, protect idiot teammates and keep them from dying -> win game.

zkylon

zkylewd
He's like the Janna of toplane. Pretty safe pick, protect idiot teammates and keep them from dying -> win game.

yes, two dumb op champions that i hate hate hate lol

stop protecting your idiot teammates, can't u see i'm trying my best to kill them!?

also the vi build lol

It's funny you should say this as Shen top has been my go to if I can't get support. Go full tank, farm under tower, drop in at 6 and carry the team to the win.

Still wish Moonflair Shen was viable, though.

Is it me or is Shen unable to do much against tanky champs like Garen?

What do you mean?

Shen is one of the strongest top laners due to his scaling and kit. He may "lose" the early game to a few champions but you're not playing in the LCS so I wouldn't worry about the enemy jungler coming and helping the baddie at the other side of the lane to get ahead.

Darius is probably one of the harder matchups IMO due to his overtuned early kit, bleed and drag he has negated everything low-level Shen has.

Looks like something a scrub NA team's support would build.

BRB trying Olaf support.

Tizoc

What do you mean?

Shen is one of the strongest top laners due to his scaling and kit. He may "lose" the early game to a few champions but you're not playing in the LCS so I wouldn't worry about the enemy jungler coming and helping the baddie at the other side of the lane to get ahead.

Darius is probably one of the harder matchups IMO due to his overtuned early kit, bleed and drag he has negated everything low-level Shen has.

Looks like something a scrub NA team's support would build.

BRB trying Olaf support.
I must be doing something wrong then ^^; I think my problem with Shen is hOW TO ENGAge 1v1 as him.

jerd

Olaf is one of my favorite champions and as much as I'd love to play him somewhere other than top right now I'm pretty skeptical about this lol

Reminds me of Smite. Warrior (basically bruisers) supports were in the meta for a long while. They generally provided very little utility late game compared to traditional supports bc in smite every support is like the tankiest motherfucker you can imagine. A lot of their bruisers have pretty similar kits to olaf save the fact that olaf's ult would be like a basic ability or passive in smite

Leezard

People's attitudes suck. Ok if you lose lane, but you don't need to start intentionally feeding because you died once in top lane when your own bot lane is 4-0 at 6 minutes.

TomShoe

Banned
People's attitudes suck. Ok if you lose lane, but you don't need to start intentionally feeding because you died once in top lane when your own bot lane is 4-0 at 6 minutes.

If it makes you feel better, my last game I had a Vayne/Thresh botlane that was largely useless. Even though myself and Heimer were carrying the load, he spammed surrender votes and threatened to feed after he got picked off for like the 5th time.

To his credit, he got some clutch hooks after getting realizing we wouldn't let him surrender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom