• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

You don't "time" her passive, it triggers the moment you use an ability and then you're stuck without it until your next ability rotation. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a really good passive since it mitigates a fuckton of damage the moment you get in, but with Vi you want to kill shit, not itemize for it.

Rushing Warrior's means you get access to CDR + AD + Arpen before you use your ult, which means 15 seconds shaved off it's very long CD and a lot more damage to fuck up whatever you use it on.

I always build Warrior if I'm Jungle Vi. By time it I mean having an ability ready for use once her abilities are available, might be a poor choice of words, but I get what you mean.
Regardless, Warior+Trinity are my first items on Vi, then its tanking to unkillable levels.

I always build Warrior if I'm Jungle Vi. By time it I mean having an ability ready for use once her abilities are available, might be a poor choice of words, but I get what you mean.
Regardless, Warior+Trinity are my first items on Vi, then its tanking to unkillable levels.

What about Udyr?

Recently I've seen some more success as him, but going trailblazer/cinder, then building thornmail and then a dmg item like Wits or Trinity. Note; i am only doing this in games where I feel Maxing R would be better than tiger.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 9 - Day 1

t1427389200z1.png

Copenhagen Wolves vs Roccat
H2K vs Fnatic
SK Gaming vs Meet Your Makers
Giants Gaming vs Elements
Unicorns of Love vs Gambit Gaming

Please use the LCS Thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

Tizoc

Thornmail is a pretty mediocre item without a decent chunk of health on top of it.

Thornmail is only if enemy team has some heavy AA champs like if the enemy team has Vayne, Trynda and Xin, otherwise Grab Randuin along with maybe Warmog, Ohmwrecker or Frozen Heart or something.

What about Udyr?

Recently I've seen some more success as him, but going trailblazer/cinder, then building thornmail and then a dmg item like Wits or Trinity. Note; i am only doing this in games where I feel Maxing R would be better than tiger.

Eh for me Udyr would need either BoRK+Trinity or just BoRK+Tanking. He can become unfucking killable when fully tanked. I never bothtered to build wit's end TBH, as a final item? Maybe but I just settle on BoRK and call it a day.

Leezard

Eh I personally thnk the statik passive is a little nice to have, especially with QT doing attack move, as that helps build up the passive a little faster.
I think people over rate the passive a lot. Statikk's is nice for an earlier power spike and more burst (graves etc), but the regular sustained auto attack carry will want to deal more damage overall, which you get with pd. Attack moving is something that should be done anyway.

Shiv lost most of it's value when they made it so the proc only crits if the attack that procs it crits as well. Beyond some weird builds like Trist rush, melee carries or just being too behind to buy PD, I'd never touch that thing even if I were to buy two attack speed items.

Jeff-DSA

Shiv lost most of it's value when they made it so the proc only crits if the attack that procs it crits as well. Beyond some weird builds like Trist rush, melee carries or just being too behind to buy PD, I'd never touch that thing even if I were to buy two attack speed items.

Agree. The second PD is a substitution for BT, not a Shiv anyway. First item should be the IE followed by upgarded boots and then PD/Shiv (I prefer PD in most cases). If you're super fed, the second PD is great before picking up the defense item, but after LW.

I like having IE, boots, PD, LW, PD, and then my defense item. Otherwise, defense item before the final PD, especially if they have someone on the other side that's dealing a good burst of damage.

I mean, the Thresh sucks but you didn't get the most out of a lane that was highly in your favor, and at least he didn't seem to take your farm. I know it feels unfair sometimes when we get certain team mates, but instead of reflecting on the things you have 0 control, you should focus on your own improvement. Also I think you should have gotten as Statikk instead of PD (you were not doing that hot) so that would have allowed you to get a LW sooner.

I know it sucks but you're focusing on the wrong reasons. Expect 0 and less from your non-premade team mates (still treat them with respect though).

Yeah, I always treat 'em with respect. The problem was that they were setting Hecarim up the entire game for kills so he snowballed super-early. I was able to push hard when Hec wasn't camping bottom lane ... which turned out to be almost the entire laning phase.

A Shiv would have let me get PD sooner, but the one thing I'm never super sure of is how quickly to make the decision about Shiv or PD. I'm still learning that one because I used to almost always build Shiv, but I've started trying to incorporate PD more into my builds.

I haven't played ranked in a long, long while because I'm just not feeling like I'm 100 percent ready for it and I don't want to have any more bad games. My LP and MMR have been trashed enough already; I don't need them to fall any further.

EDIT: Also, need to make a decision on a new champ purchase: save up a bit more IP for the revamped Quinn or pick up Ahri?

Sofo

I pick SS/PD depending on the matchup and if I feel comfortable that I will be able to farm safely (i.e. we haven't lost many towers and we still retain control of our jungle).

1jAFpMd.png

I just had a really terrible game versus a Vayne and Bard (I was Thresh with Caitlyn) and I felt so stupid, because I was expecting the matchup to be easy, which it should have been if I didn't suck (going in on certain Qs and so mispositioning). Also Caitlyn (my premade, along with top Garen) disconnected for some good 5 minutes and they killed him while AFK (surprise), then I tried to keep the fort but I made it worse (going for a dragon steal alone that I failed) (hence my feeding).

Anyway, we ran it back somehow with good wards and they threw around Baron, which allowed us to use that to push and get middle inner turret and after dragon, inner bottom turret.

I felt my performance improved when I stopped demanding myself to make plays and just peeled for Caitlyn (surprise surprise, Vi kept saving her ult for her) and just spammed Q during teamfights to keep people locked down.

I still suck so much at Thresh most of the time... but this match it was like one of my all-time lows.

Nekofrog

Banned
Who else sees mid ryze coming back to combat the double ad ezreal midlane? Both tear stacking champions, both ranged in a short lane, can stack armor and mana to be the late game terror that he is

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think double ad is as big as a meta?

and like hard engage kind of counters poke so with all the tank junglers running around with the leblancs and the zeds it doesn't sound to me like ryze would be much better

Tizoc

So I was in ARAM and I was Leona, our Xin keeps focusing enemy WW and Braum, I am the ONLY one who rushes Lux and Vayne.

Near the end of the game he types in chat to focus Lux and Vayne, which I've been doing for the past 15 minutes.
After we all die in the team fight, he types to report me and I reply by saying that I di as he asked and focused Lux and Vayne :V

We lost it but I didn't mind~

Nekofrog

Banned
i don't think double ad is as big as a meta?

and like hard engage kind of counters poke so with all the tank junglers running around with the leblancs and the zeds it doesn't sound to me like ryze would be much better

I see goddamn ad ez in solo q all the time.

Sofo

In my head I was trying to make a play on words with Costa Rica and Rito Costy but it's not coming off as good as it should lol.

Costy Rito? I guess it depends on your accent!

Opiate

Dad's back everyone hide

I never left. I'm the dad who watches you secretly while you play.

Right, I have to buy PoE soon.

How does one buy PoE?

can't believe zkylewd got a tag before me

I thought we were friends opiate

If you can come up with a fitting tag, I'm willing to listen, but I won't necessarily give it to you. These things don't work well when artificially done.

I just like the fact that I was thanked for giving someone a tag which essentially warns everyone who is talking to him that he's a perv. Zky thanked me for that. How could I pass on such an opportunity?

zkylon

zkylewd
I see goddamn ad ez in solo q all the time.
i don't play much solo q so maybe you're right, but i feel like double ad is not really that different from a xerath/ziggs in how you counter it

In my head I was trying to make a play on words with Costa Rica and Rito Costy but it's not coming off as good as it should lol.

Costy Rito? I guess it depends on your accent!
lol that's terrible

Nekofrog

Banned
I never left. I'm the dad who watches you secretly while you play.

How does one buy PoE?

If you can come up with a fitting tag, I'm willing to listen, but I won't necessarily give it to you. These things don't work well when artificially done.

I just like the fact that I was thanked for giving someone a tag which essentially warns everyone who is talking to him that he's a perv. Zky thanked me for that. How could I pass on such an opportunity?

you're still an asshole and i wish you were dead

only you and i will understand the reference

That sounds like some weird S&M play

can I join

More like Rito Tag Fisher.

I'm being genuinely serious. I've made it pretty obvious at this stage that I plan on putting a serious application in there and the last thing I would want is for them to think I've been impersonating a Rioter or just being overly-cocky because of all the Riot Costy jokes. Which is why I asked Panda to stop way back when he started it.

I've tried not getting too serious about it and little jokes in the OT or whatever I don't mind, but I'd rather people not refer to me like that regularly.

Opiate

Well, it has released on Steam, so that's one option.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/

Now I see the confusion. Path of Exile is a free to play game. There are too many games on PC; why can't PCs be like consoles and have 3 releases a month?

I was only joking opiate, I'm actually scared of getting tagged now because of the Rito Costy jokes

It is very uncommon for people to get a tag that they actually like, that's certainly true. Although I get the feeling I could have given Zkylon a tag like "Zkyloser" and he would have said "wow gee thanks!!!"

That's a compliment, by the way; that's some gumption you have there, Zky.

you're still an asshole and i wish you were dead

only you and i will understand the reference

I think it is reasonable to suspect there is minimal overlap between the NeoGAF LoL and NeoGAF Top Gear demographics.

That sounds like some weird S&M play

can I join

Ask Zkylewd.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was only joking opiate, I'm actually scared of getting tagged now because of the Rito Costy jokes

it's the only fitting tag at this point

How does one buy PoE?
ask evilore

i bet the pledge he got comes with like 200 extra keys or something

i didn't think it like that -___-

you're ruining it for me opiate

noot help

I'm being genuinely serious. I've made it pretty obvious at this stage that I plan on putting a serious application in there and the last thing I would want is for them to think I've been impersonating a Rioter or just being overly-cocky because of all the Riot Costy jokes. Which is why I asked Panda to stop way back when he started it.

I've tried not getting too serious about it and little jokes in the OT or whatever I don't mind, but I'd rather people not refer to me like that regularly.
at least if u ever get a job at rito do use the name rito costy

for all the ppl that believed in you

and then turn me into the next nikasaur

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Opiate

i didn't think it like that -___-

you're ruining it for me opiate

noot help

I strongly prefer people be honest and forthright with their lewdness than hide it and (especially) suppress it. I'm glad, for instance, that a thread for Senran Kagura exists instead of it being a game that clearly some people here liked (how could a nerdy game forum like this one with so many posters not have a few) but no one was willing to admit they enjoyed.

It's a compliment, don't worry. This is why I tell so few jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom