• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Well, ya never know right? I mean I don't expect to ever land a 10/10 perfect guy/girl, but I still try sometimes. I may be getting too personal here so feel free to ignore, but why the negative outlook?

ehh, it's a combination of things, some I can and some I cannot control, that's soured me on gay life™

I don't enjoy being a pessimist (honest!), but it's an innate part of me.

Sagitario

But no one writes JELOU or says it (maybe if you're a Spanish speaker). And I'm sure some people would say "Ola k ase" in real life.

People would say/use the proper way. "OLA K ASE" is just an Internet thing, no one says it with the meme intention IRL.

Even if no one writes "JELOU", that's the equivalent translation of "OLA", so the non-Spanish speakers would understand the meaning of the phrase "OLA K ASE" and why it's <mantidor>butchering the language</mantidor>. It's how the word is pronounced, a plain and simple made-up onomatopoeia.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
But JELOU is a made up word by you.

ehh, it's a combination of things, some I can and some I cannot control, that's soured me on gay life&#8482;

What the hell is gay life?

e: gay life&#8482;

ehh, it's a combination of things, some I can and some I cannot control, that's soured me on gay life™

That's unfortunate that whatever it was changed your views on relationships that drastically. Doesn't sound like it was easy to deal with.

I hope it starts to appeal to you again soon though. I've seen you in the Post Your Pics thread and you're honestly very handsome, and seem like a good person.

Makes me a little sad that something's held you back from meeting an equally good person to be with. I'm certain you could with the right mindset should you choose to :)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
What the hell is gay life?

Oh, you know: bein' gay. Doin' stuff with guys. Bars. Clubs. Pride festivals. *shudder*

That's unfortunate that whatever it was changed your views on relationships that drastically. Doesn't sound like it was easy to deal with.

I hope it starts to appeal to you again soon though. I've seen you in the Post Your Pics thread and you're honestly very handsome, and seem like a good person.

Makes me a little sad that something's held you back from meeting an equally good person to be with. I'm certain you could with the right mindset should you choose to :)

I mean, my feelings about relationships aren't bad ones... it's just something I doubt will ever be in the cards for me. I'm too particular and stuck in my ways - literally the old dog/new tricks scenario - not to mention more and more hardships keep piling up as I get older. It's difficult enough just to survive these days without daydreaming about guys.

That ideal-boyfriend-traits thing a couple pages back was weird to read through because everything I would assign to a list already exists in a person in my life, but I'm not his type (anymore? ever?) and there's too much standing in the way anyhow.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Oh, you know: bein' gay. Doin' stuff with guys. Bars. Clubs. Pride festivals. *shudder*

I mean, my feelings about relationships aren't bad ones... it's just something I doubt will ever be in the cards for me. I'm too particular and stuck in my ways - literally the old dog/new tricks scenario - not to mention more and more hardships keep piling up as I get older. It's difficult enough just to survive these days without daydreaming about guys.

That ideal-boyfriend-traits thing a couple pages back was weird to read through because everything I would assign to a list already exists in a person in my life, but I'm not his type (anymore? ever?) and there's too much standing in the way anyhow.
A) No, I can't say I do know. Besides having the attraction to men, of course, I haven't really focused on the others. I've never been to a bar or a club or pride. (I'm a fucking hermit!) However, I don't really see how those things would be detrimental or somehow impede on your life. Being gay isn't a life style, it's what you want to make it. Sounds like you're blaming your problems on an umbrella term instead of the real cause.

B) You're one of a few people online whom I've come across that seem to be a forever-alone-and-I-guess-I'm-okay-with-that types. However, you do seem to, once in a while, say or do something that says otherwise. Decide if a relationship is something you want. If you do, I'd suggest trying to go and get it done. If you don't, then don't worry about it. It's ultimately your choice.

C) The perfect guy who reinvents -- no -- who establishes himself in your mind as everything you ever wanted in a man, is actually not that perfect. Truly, you simply haven't known him. If you can't have him as a boyfriend, then you have to look at him as a real human being and stop idolizing him. (In my personal experience, the friend route was also a fantasy, so I just had to get on with my life.)

e: Stop being picky. There's no reason to exclude everyone. Just make sure a guy has 3 out of 100 things you like and go for it. (Well, more like 2/3s but w/e.)

MarkusRJR

If someone like you (aka gorgeous) has problems with men I'm scared for the rest of us out there. :eek:

sphinx

the piano man
BIG frustration is what I am going through now...

two days ago, I was browing profiles on gayromeo that I searched after giving specific criteria. I clicked on one and soon after I get a message from a guy I visited with the word "Hot" in it, we started to exchange messages.

he is 37/6'2/213 muscled, big arms, handsome, bearded, extremely nice (Australian, I LOVE australia) but the most important thing is that when he began talking about all his fantasies and what he'd like to do in bed, it was like he was reading my mind, absolutely PERFECT. His fantasies and mine were the same, word by word. without getting too graphic, it was all about how he is big and tall and he'd dominate me (I am 35/5'4/148) and then a moment later we'd change roles and I'd give him orders and make him my muscle bitch (his words!!). He said it was a HUGE turn on to see a small guy like me dominating him, ugh, damn, it was perfect...

since I sensed there was too much potential there, I started talking about non sexual things to see if the hype was legit, you know "why did you come here from Australia?", "what things are you passionate about in your life?".... he started not answering :(((.. he is in for the fucking flesh like everybody else, so my non sexual talk turned him off and scared him away... after countless visited profiles and many months, I thought "well, this truly can be it"... and now he disappears...

arrgh, it SUCKS >_< ..:'(

I'm 15 now. Yay. /throws confetti/ I got lots of clothes and gaming stuff.
Also seeing Evil Dead on the 17th with this girl I've been chatting to who I met through a friend from Canberra. The day after three days of my last round of NAPLAN tests, sweet jeebus yes

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
So is anyone else but me attracted to british guys?
Do you mean guys with a British accent or white British guys? Like Idris Elba I look at him as a British guy. Personally I'm not too fond of the British accent with guys even though I watch a ton of doctor who and it crowd.

BIG frustration is what I am going through now...

two days ago, I was browing profiles on gayromeo that I searched after giving specific criteria. I clicked on one and soon after I get a message from a guy I visited with the word "Hot" in it, we started to exchange messages.

he is 37/6'2/213 muscled, big arms, handsome, bearded, extremely nice (Australian, I LOVE australia) but the most important thing is that when he began talking about all his fantasies and what he'd like to do in bed, it was like he was reading my mind, absolutely PERFECT. His fantasies and mine were the same, word by word. without getting too graphic, it was all about how he is big and tall and he'd dominate me (I am 35/5'4/148) and then a moment later we'd change roles and I'd give him orders and make him my muscle bitch (his words!!). He said it was a HUGE turn on to see a small guy like me dominating him, ugh, damn, it was perfect...

since I sensed there was too much potential there, I started talking about non sexual things to see if the hype was legit, you know "why did you come here from Australia?", "what things are you passionate about in your life?".... he started not answering :(((.. he is in for the fucking flesh like everybody else, so my non sexual talk turned him off and scared him away... after countless visited profiles and many months, I thought "well, this truly can be it"... and now he disappears...

arrgh, it SUCKS >_< ..:'(

That's why I don't go to those online dating sites (there are other reasons too, like not being in the right place in my life right now). They're nothing but meat markets.

T.O.P

Banned
I have a bit of a crush on David Tennant.

images

tumblr_m9biosLv951qlk4meo1_250.gif

who doesn't?

more into Jack/Ianto though ;)

tumblr_lt0uszS5rb1qg1mbqo1_250.gif

That's why I don't go to those online dating sites (there are other reasons too, like not being in the right place in my life right now). They're nothing but meat markets.
^

Tried too many times to find some gay guys to just talk and hang out with using Apps or Dating Site, freakin sad how their cock photos come out even before their name, guess they're not for me :/

Trigger

Y'all need to cheer up. There's a handsome man or lovely woman in all of our futures. :D

Everyone is so supportive here. It's a nice change of pace from the rest of gaf :p

I've always found that most communities on GAF are supportive once you become a regular.

sphinx

the piano man
This would be way easier :(

it's way easier to go to bed with a man than with a woman, men are taught sex is o.k whereas women must be careful with it or something...plus, you must compete with 90%-95% of all males in the rest of the world to get one average girl.

sure, the pool of gay guys is proportionally smaller but because of that, we all tend to give ourselves more time to decide whether we really want to give someone a chance or not, we take our time and actually "try" to like someone when we learn someone is gay and shows some interest in us. We know gay guys aren't found around the corner (compared to straight men, I mean).

girls (specially hot girls) will most likely reject everyone. Not saying they are bad people, it's actually understandable. When they have 20 or more guys writing them endless streams of OKcupid messages or hitting on them on a daily basis, they gotta begin completely ignoring ordinary guys like (many of) us.

just some food for thought.

daripad

I'm sure lgbt-gay is the most friendly and most flirtatious. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Flirtatious? Yes. Friendly? Yes when jeffrey got out of here

it's way easier to go to bed with a man than with a woman, men are taught sex is o.k whereas women must be careful with it or something...plus, you must compete with 90%-95% of all males in the rest of the world to get one average girl.

sure, the pool of gay guys is proportionally smaller but because of that, we all tend to give ourselves more time to decide whether we really want to give someone a chance or not, we take our time and actually "try" to like someone when we learn someone is gay and shows some interest in us. We know gay guys aren't found around the corner (compared to straight men, I mean).

girls (specially hot girls) will most likely reject everyone. Not saying they are bad people, it's actually understandable. When they have 20 or more guys writing them endless streams of OKcupid messages or hitting on them on a daily basis, they gotta begin completely ignoring ordinary guys like (many
of) us.
just some food for thought.
I don't care much about sex, I'm aiming more at a stable relationship. Obviously sex is a part of it, but I want to have an enjoyable life with a man that loves me not just because of physical appareance but for who I am.
i know that was like some stupid adolescent dream but that is what I'm looking for in the future, not being in everyone's bed.

Trigger

i know that was like some stupid adolescent dream but that is what I'm looking for in the future, not being in everyone's bed.

Oh, that's hardly true. Everyone feels that way, and you're likely to feel that way forever. Even the most handsome and wealthiest people want someone to love them for who they are.

sphinx

the piano man
Flirtatious? Yes. Friendly? Yes when jeffrey got out of here

I don't care much about sex, I'm aiming more at a stable relationship. Obviously sex is a part of it, but I want to have an enjoyable life with a man that loves me not just because of physical appareance but for who I am.

even with that mindset, (less sexual, more affective) you are more likely to get what you want with another man than with a women.

I remember lurking the OKcupid thread a year ago, tons of straight, perfectly decent guys being massively ignored by women, sad.

The couple of times where I was fooling around and was interested in getting to know a woman I was confronted with that shit myself, I ended up telling myself "this is so not going to work, women are already overwhelmed with dozens of straight guys desperate for pussy to pay attention to a gay guy with a bit of curiosity", I gave up on those thoughts, of course.

Kudos to Bi-curious Gaf for not giving up, by the way.

Alcoori

Shit, I hadn't realized that until now. Thank you, now I'll be unhappy for the rest of my life.

Being gorgeous doesn't give you a free pass for getting all the guys, trust me. I have talked to countless handsome men who from afar looked great, but as soon as you get to talk, you realize there is nothing there or they are fucked up.
Attitude is a major component of attractiveness for me. Sure you might be hot, but you're not the only one. I don't wanna be with someone who just has one dimension.

Odinson

So I'm back home to vent out what i was talking about earlier.

I've had this discussion with friends and my partner. I've even been told that I don't act black or act black enough. Racism or sexism for that matter is bad enough but it's even worse when it happens within a community that is already criticized by people on the outside. Satire and being able to laugh at ourselves is one thing, but I do agree it's taken too far. Those who are ignorant to gays only see us as stereotypical characters they watch in media. Breaking stereotypes is hard and most never go away. Personally I feel that it just brings us all down. Blacks were treated like second class citizens already, black and gay is even further down the social ladder. We're not helping each other by continuing to perpetrate the stereotypes, were only making it harder for people to take us seriously. I mean know disrespect to the gays who are flamboyant. If that is who you are then be yourself. I just feel that some people aren't living their truth and instead are putting on these cliché mask to fit in.

Also oh my fucking God:
tumblr_mmat9iZexm1rdzrfjo1_500.jpg

spiteful.gif
OMG Yes!!!!!!

GothPunk

I really don't see what the problem is with a stranger asking you out in public after a little conversation. Sure, it could come across creepy but that would depend on the person doing the asking and how open the guy is to conversation. I've been asked out in public like waiting for a bus or just walking around town, and while some guys are creepy, I usually appreciate the guy taking a chance. I think it's admirable. Just don't say that you want to watch him go skinny dipping like the last guy who came on to my boyfriend and I...

I do think though that you need to make it obvious after a while why you've chosen to strike up a conversation. Some people can be very oblivious to advances, myself included. Then again, a guy complimenting another guy he doesn't know on what he's wearing or his tattoo should be pretty obvious.

So is anyone else but me attracted to british guys?
My boyfriend is British, so yeah I guess I find them attractive... :p He's already a gorgeous guy... then he talks and I go weak at the knees. With some guys the exact opposite happens, ha!

Some British accents are a bit off putting, but others are so sexy to me. Even the terms they use can be a bonus (Stuff like 'Oh my days!'). Ooo-err!
OMG Yes!!!!!!
I scrolled slowly past that one too. Unf! My bf likes his hair like that, so I gladly cut it for him, hehe. ;)

beje

Banned
Shocking news, but people like sex. Try a site like meetup.com

Lately I'm liking Twitter more and more for this. You can fool around with a lot of gay guys and meet them in a relaxed way commenting about videogames or politics or whatever. Then invite them to a coffee or a beer or something.

GothPunk

I know quite a few couples who met on Grindr, who only met to hook up. After all the sex they got talking and things went from there. Then again, I think casual sex works a bit different here in Ireland, I mean most guys will ask you to coffee or something first. Probably our Catholic upbringing at work. :p

Meeting as many people as you can is always a good thing!

Omg stop lol.
Speaking of sexy voices... ;)

Speaking of online liaisons...a guy emailed me and one of his pics he shared was of his crotch. He had a tattoo of Pinocchio with his dick being the nose. I felt so sad for this person. Holy crap.

GothPunk

Speaking of online liaisons...a guy emailed me and one of his pics he shared was of his crotch. He had a tattoo of Pinocchio with his dick being the nose. I felt so sad for this person. Holy crap.
I've seen that pic before, can't remember where, possibly tumblr. Are you sure it was his dick? I remember thinking it was a funny pun but also quite gross. I mean imagine gobbling on Pinocchio's nose? Eww.

BeesEight

Won't be easy, but if there are any genetic differences why wouldn't it be possible? Anyway that entire debate is just a slippery slope without any reward waitng in the top.

Well, except we're all the same race which I think is something that's really obvious but can get lost in the conversation. Even amongst the wholly arbitrary racial classifications we've developed (highlight: Caucasians) there are huge variations that I find it nigh impossible to draw any robust conclusion based on any supposed regional genetic differences.

This is, of course, confounded by the ever irritating social influences that usually dominate the debate in the first place. We don't even have a universal measure of intelligence that doesn't have a huge social factor. All the studies that I've ever seen based on racial genetic differences for mental aspects have been pretty flawed and really suspect for racism in the first place (highlight: The Bell Curve).

I know it's a hot topic in psychology to try and explain everything through genetic differences but I really have to question this philosophy. I don't think many psychologists actually try to reason out the implications of many of their theories being genetic based otherwise I think we'd see less outrageous claims. Anyway, current psychological theory is a holistic combination of genetic and environmental factors lead to the vast majority of observable differences.

This was longer than I intended. >.>

RM8

Online dating:

- I very clearly state I'm looking for friends in my profile
- I don't post revealing pics
- I don't go in detail about anything sex-related
- I don't even show face pics unless I get asked for them

Then I meet a guy and in person he's all "lolol sex". Screw those guys. Screw them. Geesus, from ALL the guys who ARE looking for sex on those sites you just HAD TO make me waste my time, didn't you? :mad:

Alcoori

Online dating:

- I very clearly state I'm looking for friends in my profile
- I don't post revealing pics
- I don't go in detail about anything sex-related
- I don't even show face pics unless I get asked for them

Then I meet a guy and in person he's all "lolol sex". Screw those guys. Screw them. Geesus, from ALL the guys who ARE looking for sex on those sites you just HAD TO make me waste my time, didn't you? :mad:

I'd say you probably are wasting people's time looking for friendship on a online dating website.

Try meetup.com and the like if you wanna take the sex/dating part out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom