• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

I've heard it's way more difficult to gain weight when you are skinny than lose weight when you are overweight, like waaaay more, and mantaining it is even worse.
that's... the opposite of what I've heard? plus, I used to be super skinny - it was really easy for me to gain weight (muscle mass), and I haven't really lost any of it since

omg I just had the most amazing first date ever, and what a surprise it was; I almost didn't know anything about the guy before, and he turned out to be as perfect as they get.

I can't believe it

swooning.gif

Ahasverus

He's definitely boyfriend material. I feel so different, in a good way, right now. I hope I will continue to feel this way tomorrow when I wake up...

#gamechanger

I made a kid my boyfriend in the second date, how foolish.... We were together 1 year and one month he's probably the love of my life and the only person outside my family I've ever cared for. Don't be afraid to "rush" things if everything goes alright :D

The universe got you a birthday present, it just took a few days to arrive.

I love this universe. I hope it gets you a nice birthday present soon :)

I made a kid my boyfriend in the second date, how foolish.... We were together 1 year and one month he's probably the love of my life and the only person outside my family I've ever cared for. Don't be afraid to "rush" things if everything goes alright :D

As much as I might like not to rush things, I can't help myself when I like someone. I also made a kid my boyfriend on the second date, and we were together for three years.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Welcome back. I'm sorry you got HIV. How are you doing?

You don't have to be sorry, it's life I guess. To be honest, not that good. The thing is I wanted to have friends so much, that finally I'm back at square one but with HIV and less money. That's how I feel. At least now I'm ok being a geek.

RM8

So basically all of that happened because you were ashamed of being a geek? :/

Anyway, cheer up, I really wish the best for you and being comfortable in your own skin, geeky or otherwise, is a sign that you're on the correct path.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
So basically all of that happened because you were ashamed of being a geek? :/

Anyway, cheer up, I really wish the best for you and being comfortable in your own skin, geeky or otherwise, is a sign that you're on the correct path.

No, it's because people found me a pathetic loser, even if I was kinda ok with my life. I wanted to prove them wrong since I'm competitive. The thing is I had a big 30yo life crisis, and I have still the same death anxiety that I had, but there's not much to do with that. I'm currently building myself a secondary residence bordering a lake, hopefully I'll find some tranquility there.

At least straight people have some social constructs that they need to follow, it's kinda some sort of relief (getting married, getting a suburb house, raising kids). I just don't know what to do :(

RM8

No, it's because people found me a pathetic loser, even if I was kinda ok with my life. I wanted to prove them wrong since I'm competitive. The thing is I had a big 30yo life crisis, and I have still the same death anxiety that I had, but there's not much to do with that. I'm currently building myself a secondary residence bordering a lake, hopefully I'll find some tranquility there.

At least straight people have some social constructs that they need to follow, it's kinda some sort of relief (getting married, getting a suburb house, raising kids). I just don't know what to do :(
It's not that you're competitive (I mean, even if you are, that's not the reason). Is that you placed all of your self worth on the hands of other people. It doesn't matter if anyone thinks you're a pathetic loser (assuming you were told that repeatedly or something) if you're okay with your own life. Being desperate for approval never leads to anything positive.

Also, I like that I don't have to follow any social construct :p Especially since I recently attended the wedding of a cousin.

My reaction as well, maybe we are losing something in translation here.

My bf turned 18 a week or so after we became a couple (so officially he was 17, hence "a kid", although the age of consent here is 16 I believe). I was 24.

Coincidentally I had a date with an 18 year old today! No not the guy I was swooning over above, another one. Umm, yes I had two dates almost back to back today, lol.

I'm not proud of meeting up with the 18 year of today... I'm almost twice his age! And I did feel awkward when I first met him (he came over)... I was thinking "this is a mistake" and I kept my distance while talking to him for like half an hour, just hoping it'd somehow end with him leaving without us doing anything... but then he took the initiative and it felt right. We spent a very nice couple of hours making out and cuddling, and
oral
. He was a very sweet and adorable boy, and it turned out we had an uncanny number of unusual things we have in common (we counted 8 or so), but he's definitely way too young for me mentally. I drove him off home and I doubt I'll be seeing him again.

Guy #2, although only 2 years older at 20, was a world of difference in maturity, and hence hotness. But I know age didn't have that much to do with it in this case.

Dead Man

My bf turned 18 a week or so after we became a couple (so officially he was 17, hence "a kid", although the age of consent here is 16 I believe). I was 24.

Coincidentally I had a date with an 18 year old today! No not the guy I was swooning over above, another one. Umm, yes I had two dates almost back to back today, lol.

I'm not proud of meeting up with the 18 year of today... I'm almost twice his age! And I did feel awkward when I first met him (he came over)... I was thinking "this is a mistake" and I kept my distance while talking to him for like half an hour, just hoping it'd somehow end with him leaving without us doing anything... but then he took the initiative and it felt right. We spent a very nice couple of hours making out and cuddling, and
oral
. He was a very sweet and adorable boy, and it turned out we had an uncanny number of unusual things we have in common (we counted 8 or so), but he's definitely way too young for me mentally. I drove him off home and I doubt I'll be seeing him again.

Guy #2, although only 2 years older at 20, was a world of difference in maturity, and hence hotness. But I know age didn't have that much to do with it in this case.

I'm older than you? Grrr. Glad you had a great date though.

mantidor

Straight people get frustrated with those social construct all the time too, many get really anxious if they start getting close to their 40s and have none of that. Your problem lies elsewhere, I don't remember if you were getting some professional help? and isolating yourself might not be the best idea though, I mean if that is your plan in your new house.

My 30s "crisis" is taking odd turns actually, I'm not afraid of death or getting old, I do want my death to be in a reaaally long time though, that for sure changed, but I'm kind of depressed about the missed years of my youth that I cannot get back, I wish I could be seventeen and get to go home to some old guy who is clearly not interested yet we fool around and he dumps my in my house to never hear from him again
I am joking here Snake :p
, but really, there's certain innocence in those times that I will never get, even if I'm not experienced at all in relationships, I won't get that "teenage infatuation" ever. I don't know if I'm really depressed or more like pissed off, unfortunately there was nothing I could really do back then, I was in an awful place mentally.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm older than you? Grrr. Glad you had a great date though.

You're as old the dinosaurs in the ground turned to oil, Dead Man. *runs* ;)

Jeffery is back? Oh god this thread is gonna turn into he-man women haters, huh?

So after a year of hesitancy I finally came out to one of my best friends. It was a struggle, but it ended up going really well. Just needed to vent this somewhere

And you're still here! How are you? :)

Thank you kindly - I've been lurking for a long, LONG time.

Overall I haven't been good for a long time, but the days and weeks are a series of ups and downs, and generally I like to think the trend of late is moving towards improvement.

How are you? Still in UK?

Suerte

Overall I haven't been good for a long time, but the days and weeks are a series of ups and downs, and generally I like to think the trend of late is moving towards improvement.

How are you? Still in UK?

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that but really glad it sounds like things are on the up! BIG HUGS.

Things are pretty good thanks - I'm still in the UK but I've been living in London for about 5 years now, really enjoying it. :)

RM8

The only (alive) forum where I have an ancient account is... GameFAQs :S AKA that troll hole I visit when GAF is down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom