• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of PS5 Pro enhanced games

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I am surprised to not see Silent Hill 2 on that list. I thought that all new PS5 releases in the run up to the launch had to have support for the Pro according to Sony?

I am expecting the game to get better RT support to match the PC version but I guess until that patch arrives the Pro's Boost mode will at least offer a stable and locked 30 fps in the Quality mode. I am not expecting it to lock to 60 fps for the Performance mode though without a patch and even with a patch I don't think it'll happen but if the game can hold 48-60 fps then at least VRR should make the experience smoother.
I bet we get a pretty large dump of games added to pro enhanced in the next couple of weeks leading up to launch

Game released in 2021 will run almost the same on Pro as on basic PS5 sans small boost from overclocking if turned on
Game released in 2025 will run significantly better on DRS/fps front as it will utilize better GPU

There are 4 stages on Pro transition:
1. Full compatibility - performance of Pro is the same as performance of basic model. It a base scenario for 2021 game
2. Boost mode - it's a base model with overclocked CPU/GPU. It'll give some performance boost, but not that much. This mode was manual on PS4 Pro with disclaimer that there might be issues (and there were, seldomly, that you had to turn it off)
3. Native Pro mode - it's unlocking extra CU on Pro, same as switching on better GPU, games will fully utilize extra power (PS dont switch to this mode automatically all older game as it could bring a lot of issues), but no extra features as they require explicit implementing
4. Enhanced Pro mode - devs implements features not present on basic model into game, like CBR on Ps4Pro and PSSR on PS5Pro

Stage 3 is required for all 2025 games, stage 4 is optional

All great, but mode 2 and mode 3 should be the same.

PS5 Pro GPU clock is basically the same as the base model based on the TF numbers we have.

33.5 TF = 2.18 Ghz minimum with a maximum possibile of 2.35 Ghz

Base PS5 = 2.23 Ghz

So boost mode has to enable the 60 CU to actually work

The GPU clock difference is insignificant

Last edited:
Honestly. I`m really hopeful the GT7 support is more thorough.

I want improvements to the no ray-tracing mode... have better LOD for tracks and cars, better draw distance, use PSSR for image quality instead of their TAA... I was hopeful they could support ray-traced shadows also.

Hope we get more news towards launch

Felessan

Are you just aggregating info from the public domain or do you have first hand knowledge?
It's how it worked with PS4 Pro, unlikely that this time it will work differently

All great, but mode 2 and mode 3 should be the same.
Mode 1 and Mode 2.
Mode 2 still compatibility mode when Pro emulates base model, limiting CU available for game, just with a bit higher clock.
PS5Pro clocks close to base model, so maybe this time boost mode will be skipped and we will have only 1, 3 and 4
Old games w/o patch then will run exactly the same as on base model

Really hope the following:

Astrobot
Spacemarine 2
Silent Hill 2
Wukong
BG3
Helldivers 2
Returnal

Make it onto the list 🙏

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons
we prayin for days like that

Bitstream

I just want the PSVR 2 details.

YES. Better tree textures and lighting, plus 90 fps is what I expect. Trees are justa bit worse with VR, same with lighting

I sincerely hope all 60 frame reprojection games are all able to hit 90, I'll immediately go back and re-play RE4. Pushing the FPS to 90 will probably alleviate motion sickness for the majority of people (combined with reducing the brightness to lower frame persistence)

Tqaulity

I'm hoping with Dead Space, without a patch (I bet EA dont give it one). It irons out the unstable frame rate and occasional stutter and negate the need for VRR. Which would be great.
That would be nice but this game was literally broken IMO due to the horrendous FSR implementation. IQ suffered horribly so PSSR could do absolutely wonders in this one (similar case with Forspoken as well)

MDSLKTR

Whoa they did?
When they updated it with vrr support, pro should brute force through it if you have the right tv

yBDEr8S.jpeg

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
PS5 Pro support has to imply a specific Pro Mode for the game, otherwise it makes no sense

PS5 Pro of course is 100% backwards compatible with base PS5, so it's a moot point saying a PS5 game should run on it

My guess is that the "Enhanced for PS5" label refers to OLDER games released BEFORE September 16

You don't need that label now that support is mandatory

I guarantee future games will get the label.

ByWatterson

When they updated it with vrr support, pro should brute force through it if you have the right tv

yBDEr8S.jpeg

Oh nice!

And I do.

Radical_3d

yBDEr8S.jpeg
4K 60 might be a good excuse to revisit again 4 and play for the first time the DLC.

Radical_3d

Lost Legacy is better than U4, imo.
That’s a low bar. U4 is a crippled game that doesn’t understand the hard difficulty, with 4 months of reshoots from drunk-man overwriting the genius of Hennig because a couple of wankers gave him 10/10s at a younger age that her, with the pacing of a Civilization game in an action game.

Well, yeah… I’ll start with the gals first.

Reactions: XXL

XXL

That’s a low bar. U4 is a crippled game that doesn’t understand the hard difficulty, with 4 months of reshoots from drunk-man overwriting the genius of Hennig because a couple of wankers gave him 10/10s at a younger age that her, with the pacing of a Civilization game in an action game.

Well, yeah… I’ll start with the gals first.
Lost Legacy has great pacing.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™

yBDEr8S.jpeg

Fidelity unlocked and VRR should be STANDARD game modes on every game.

This is the LEAST devs should do for PS5 games with the Pro.

It'll be quite interesting to see what the PS5 Pro can deliver in games like this, but it would also be interesting to see if they could deliver fidelity like appearance at 120 fps if they added PSSR and dropped the native resolution to like 1440p.

Vick

Gold Member
That would be nice but this game was literally broken IMO due to the horrendous FSR implementation. IQ suffered horribly so PSSR could do absolutely wonders in this one (similar case with Forspoken as well)
That was true at lauch, but luckily they fixed it in a relatively quick manner by removing the VRS entirely.

MYQquIp.jpg

Game looks and runs great in Performance Mode, had an literal blast for four consecutive playthroughs:

Dead-Space-20230205004157.png

Dead-Space-20230207202956.png

Dead-Space-20230209010618.png

Dead-Space-20230207173055.png

Dead-Space-20230207161759.png

Dead-Space-20230206173333.png

Dead-Space-20230206175548.png

Dead-Space-20230204223515.png

Dead-Space-20230209190301.png

Dead-Space-20230205023902.png

Dead-Space-20230207015228.png

Dead-Space-20230207162002.png

Dead-Space-20230207004916.png

Can't remember a single issue, but would surely still welcome Pro support.

King Dazzar

Vick Vick yeah its fine if use VRR, but even then its still using DRS. For me, I'm hoping it improves the DRS and I can switch off VRR. There's also some minor/occasional traversal stutter. But I'm not too bothered by that.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I really hope they expand the official list soon. I know pretty much everything upcoming is likely to have a PS5 Pro mode or something along those lines, but the list of existing games getting upgraded is pretty pathetic. For whatever reason, I'm really jonesing for Hitman.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
I really hope they expand the official list soon. I know pretty much everything upcoming is likely to have a PS5 Pro mode or something along those lines, but the list of existing games getting upgraded is pretty pathetic. For whatever reason, I'm really jonesing for Hitman.

It's crazy that FF16 which underperformed wasn't high on that list... easy way to get people more interested.

Square has no idea what they're doing.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's crazy that FF16 which underperformed wasn't high on that list... easy way to get people more interested.

Square has no idea what they're doing.

See, that's the thing - I just assumed FF16 would be on there somewhere. Why wouldn't it be? There's a lot of really bizarre omissions, and it's annoying that we really have no clarity on what to expect when the console ships. You'd think they would've learned how to handle this from the PS4 Pro, but... nope.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
See, that's the thing - I just assumed FF16 would be on there somewhere. Why wouldn't it be? There's a lot of really bizarre omissions, and it's annoying that we really have no clarity on what to expect when the console ships. You'd think they would've learned how to handle this from the PS4 Pro, but... nope.

Same thing with Returnal... You'd think it would be up there. Almost every internal PS5 game is getting boosted and its one of the few exclusives on PS5 with Demon's Souls and Spider-Man 2.

vkbest

Top Bottom