• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Greg

who the hell is singsing playing with. whoever is playing drow has died like 4-5 times solo against AM, in the first 4 min
I watched his last game last night as AA because I figured I'd learn more watching a pro than playing in a bot game myself, and what the fuck everyone at that rank has items that give them like 2 outs

they were blinking all around the place - it was nuts

eznark

Banned
I watched his last game last night as AA because I figured I'd learn more watching a pro than playing in a bot game myself, and what the fuck everyone at that rank has items that give them like 2 outs

they were blinking all around the place - it was nuts

Honestly you're better off downloading replays from tournament games. They fuck around a lot when they are streaming.

Greg

Honestly you're better off downloading replays from tournament games. They fuck around a lot when they are streaming.
yeah, I'll have to get around to that

I thought it was pretty cool to see the games from the player's perspective and how they managed the camera though

the few matches I watched from TI4 were a bit much with all the jumping around from fight to fight in spectator mode

eznark

Banned
yeah, I'll have to get around to that

I thought it was pretty cool to see the games from the player's perspective and how they managed the camera though

the few matches I watched from TI4 were a bit much with all the jumping around from fight to fight in spectator mode

If you watch in the client you can follow players perspective.

Greg

If you watch in the client you can follow players perspective.
oh, that's awesome

I think my main problem right now is that I feel I'm not doing enough, and then I do something stupid so I'm hesitant to do anything after that

I tried Nyx and Crystal Maiden last night though, and they were sweet

BigAT

I honestly think you're better off watching normal matches instead of pro players right now. Some stuff happens at the pro level that really won't be applicable for you in pub matches.

You can go into the client and then Watch, Recent Games and then you can sort for Very High skill level and sort/search specifically for games that have the hero you want. Find a game where the person on the hero you're learning did well, then open the replay and put the camera on Player Perspective and just see what they do during a game.

Ferny

Hey live, did you have shipping info for everyone, or was that just for a certain few?

He told me that his shipment center was slower than usual so wasn't able to get the tracking for everyone so maybe that's why some were able to and others weren't. I haven't yet, but hoping it gets here tomorrow.

brentech

He told me that his shipment center was slower than usual so wasn't able to get the tracking for everyone so maybe that's why some were able to and others weren't. I haven't yet, but hoping it gets here tomorrow.

Oh okay. I was just curious, no biggy.
Figured it'd be here in the first few days of the week

LiveWire

Yea new shipping/IT software installation; all sorts of delays. You definitely should get them tomorrow or Tuesday at the absolute latest according to the country service map they have in the shipping center.

good games tonight bros. i didn't do as well without someone coaching me the entire time though. just trying to not get killed and im still not 100% sure where to go and when so sometimes i just start following people so if i encounter someone i'm not alone!

brentech

I just had my best game ever - I should probably uninstall now

8-2-13 Crystal Maiden in a regular match
Used to play her all the time. She can be pretty fun, especially if you're able to get a bunch of full length ultimates off. You feel like a god.

good games tonight bros. i didn't do as well without someone coaching me the entire time though. just trying to not get killed and im still not 100% sure where to go and when so sometimes i just start following people so if i encounter someone i'm not alone!

You did pretty good. I wasn't able to watch everything you did, but assuming you just keep up with sacrificing creeps every time the ability is off cooldown, then you can just spam your other abilities. Seemed like you did fine

TheCrow

hex.gif

Used to play her all the time. She can be pretty fun, especially if you're able to get a bunch of full length ultimates off. You feel like a god.

You did pretty good. I wasn't able to watch everything you did, but assuming you just keep up with sacrificing creeps every time the ability is off cooldown, then you can just spam your other abilities. Seemed like you did fine

Well I kind of do this. The cool down on my ultra and the freeze ray take a bit. The shield I can reuse almost instantly. Does the defense stack?

brentech

Well I kind of do this. The cool down on my ultra and the freeze ray take a bit. The shield I can reuse almost instantly. Does the defense stack?
If you mean by reusing it on someone you already have it on, no. It just refreshes the duration it lasts on them to full.

That was probably the most fun I've had in our in houses in a while. They weren't stomps and both teams had their chances.

Oh! I just got an email from UPS saying my package would arrive tomorrow. Yeaaaaah boy

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Trust me, not dying is half the battle early on. My suggestion is to just ask questions during the game. Your teammates cant always watch and guide you, but its pretty simple to answer the questions during the game.

BigAT

just trying to not get killed and im still not 100% sure where to go and when so sometimes i just start following people so if i encounter someone i'm not alone!

This is a really important lesson to learn and it's good you picked up on it early. Some of the other new guys badly need to get in this mindset.

Someone posted a game like a week ago where two of you had 19 deaths each. That is crazy and should never happen. Your team can come back from you not being as efficient as possible because you're playing overly safe, they can't come back from you feeding kill after kill to the other team. If you're an underleveled support and you're walking around the map by yourself past a certain point in the game, you're basically begging to be killed. Stay with your team, play cautiously.

This is a really important lesson to learn and it's good you picked up on it early. Some of the other new guys badly need to get in this mindset.

Someone posted a game like a week ago where two of you had 19 deaths each. That is crazy and should never happen. Your team can come back from you not being as efficient as possible because you're playing overly safe, they can't come back from you feeding kill after kill to the other team. If you're an underleveled support and you're walking around the map by yourself past a certain point in the game, you're basically begging to be killed. Stay with your team, play cautiously.

I would have had only like 3 deaths if you and crow didn't team up on me :(

I now see the value of wards too. I could have seen your deception coming!

TheCrow

I would have had only like 3 deaths if you and crow didn't team up on me :(

I now see the value of wards too. I could have seen your deception coming!

Sorry Frenchie, but trial by fire is the best way to learn. Better it happens in an inhouse then pubs. While vision is very important, map awareness is also key. In the first game where i was alchemist I bought out all the smokes so even if you had wards, there was no way to see me coming. At that point it more important to be aware that I'm not on the map anywhere. And see how your opponent in the lane is moving. Sometimes they can give away smoke ganks by being too aggressive and telegraphing the gank.

Glad to see you got something out of my somewhat troll alch play. Also I'm sorry brent, but it just worked out that you were mid.
cheeky.gif

Glad I watched LEGO! Fun for all.

Bob is there a way to view friend scores in Mario Golf? I want to know how bad I am whipping you.

I think there only is for tournaments you create. Not for the weeklies sadly. I have yet to get higher than a bronze trophy in any global event.

That second in house game last night was most probably the most I've ever laughed during a dota match ever.
Or possibly the wisp game we played earlier that evening. Either way, lots of laughs.

Ferny

That second in house game last night was most probably the most I've ever laughed during a dota match ever.
Or possibly the wisp game we played earlier that evening. Either way, lots of laughs.

The wisp game was the best. Those relocates almost won us the game.

Was that the game where they took both rax so quickly that CB couldn't even react in time?

eznark

Banned
I think there only is for tournaments you create. Not for the weeklies sadly. I have yet to get higher than a bronze trophy in any global event.

Lame, I couldn't even figure out how to see the scores of anyone. I wish they would just give you the option of a simple menu instead of walking around the castle.

Also, how the fuck do I see the DLC courses? I bought them on day 1, ar ethey just not out yet?

TheCrow

Wisp game was great. Except for the part when two of us booked round trip flights and one of us was just one way.
rage.gif

Ferny

No, I think I am about halfway through it. You said it's like 5 hours right?

Yeah, give or take if you search the collectibles along the way. Some of the later missions are pretty quick too.

It's the first game I actually 100% too. The stories attached to each collectible was pretty cool.

How hard is it to transfer windows from a hard drive to SSD without reinstalling the system from scratch? I can't find my disk but I can't take the slowness anymore when I have to use that computer

Lame, I couldn't even figure out how to see the scores of anyone. I wish they would just give you the option of a simple menu instead of walking around the castle.

Also, how the fuck do I see the DLC courses? I bought them on day 1, ar ethey just not out yet?

I dunno. I didn't buy the DLC courses so the only time I play them is when there is a free tournament.

Greg

How hard is it to transfer windows from a hard drive to SSD without reinstalling the system from scratch? I can't find my disk but I can't take the slowness anymore when I have to use that computer
Not hard, but if it's really that slow then it might not be because you're running off a regular drive. Honestly, you're probably better off doing a fresh install, and you don't need your disk as long as you have your key (and if you don't know your key, install something like this to get it: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/)

Windows 8 instructions:
http://www.nirmaltv.com/2013/05/09/download-windows-8-iso-from-microsoft/

Windows 7:

Download the ISO that matches your OS:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/downl...cial-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/
or if your copy came with SP1:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

Download Microsoft's USB tool (use the ISO you just downloaded + a USB stick) to create a bootable copy:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msus/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool/ThemeID.29553000

Boot from USB to reinstall, and use your serial key from your copy of Windows.

Sanjuro

I've not done a clone in a while. Usually you can download an ISO and make a USB drive from the Microsoft site, then input the serial later. Drag over the important files.

Top 5 DEs
JJ Watt
Robert Quinn
Cameron Wake
Calais Campbell
Cameron Jordan

Top 5 DTs
Suh
Atkins
Gerald McCoy
Kyle Williams
Jurrell Casey