• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Magic: The Gathering |OT7| Eldritch Moon - Guess who's coming to dinner

I think RoboRosewater being requestable makes it lose some of the interesting qualities of it. Whereas it just kind of generated weird and funny cards on its own, now people can just make it up and it feels unoriginal.

Jhriad

I don't think RoboRosewater has been particularly interesting for a long time. It vacillated between funny and interesting for a brief period after it's introduction but has long since outlived any humor or interest I might have found in it. If I wanted to see fake Magic cards, whether they be intentionally jank or the more seriously minded kind, I'm sure there's a section of MTGSalvation I could go to. Nowadays I just click 'Hide' on the RoboRosewater Reddit threads and skip past the posts here. I'm probably in the minority on that here though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I suppose I should ask for titles for the next OT again. Previous suggestions start here.

Also, there's never been a set we've known so little about so close to the start of spoiler weeks, right? Even ignoring the set symbol, we only have two pieces of art, one of which is key art.
There's really only one choice:

Magic: the Gathering: Eldritch Moon |OT| It's Only a Paper Moon

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I just opened the most magnificent box I've ever opened.
Sneak attack, vampiric tutor, foil daze, foil sinkhole, wasteland, force of will, and a foil jace. Plus a bunch of stuff like enlightened and mystical tutor, foil bloodbraid elf, and several other ten dollar cards. Plus every pack seemed to have a money uncommon in it. I don't think I can ever open another box again because everything will be disappointing after this.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Sneak attack, vampiric tutor, foil daze, foil sinkhole, wasteland, force of will, and a foil jace. Plus a bunch of stuff like enlightened and mystical tutor, foil bloodbraid elf, and several other ten dollar cards. Plus every pack seemed to have a money uncommon in it. I don't think I can ever open another box again because everything will be disappointing after this.

oh my god

I think RoboRosewater being requestable makes it lose some of the interesting qualities of it. Whereas it just kind of generated weird and funny cards on its own, now people can just make it up and it feels unoriginal.

It's only one network out of the four. I think it's potentially funny to see what it does with weird prompts, this is usually one of the more entertaining things with other DNNs.

I don't think RoboRosewater has been particularly interesting for a long time.

no u

There's basically three types of things that are entertaining from these random cards, IMO. One is just the general fucked-up quality of unrefined neural-network-generated content; a lot of them are funny just because they're random or incoherent. The second is when they're close on something and it highlights the part that they miss, like when something has "Tromple" or there's a Sorcery whose only text is that you can cast it as an Instant. And then the third is the cards that are actually just plausible, where you can look at them and try to work out how they'd play or whether the mechanical space they fill has more room or how the name and type and text interact to form a flavorful picture even though the card wasn't really generated with that in mind.

Like, I guess if you're not specifically into neural networks and machine learning, and you don't particularly care strongly about card design, and you don't find a lot of interest in mining one specific vein of humor it's definitely not gonna be a hit for you, but I'm a specific fan of all three, so.

There's really only one choice:

Magic: the Gathering: Eldritch Moon |OT| It's Only a Paper Moon

The set will be on magic online too though!

When the Moon hits your I(nnistrad) like a big tentacle guy, that's Emrakul! Doesn't work as a title, but I had fun. Lol

When the Moon hits your I / Like a tentacled guy / That's Eldraaaaazi

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
First Spoiler is Emrakul for the same reason they're not showing the symbol.

traveler

Not Wario
How is merfolk holding up in legacy these days? I have force of wills now, but I just can't afford to go in on duals and fetches, so 'folk is pretty much the only force deck I can play. (+ I picked up the vials and wastes already for dnt, so cavern of souls is the only expensive piece left for me) Don't really hear much about the deck, though, so I assume DnT is the better vial deck generally.

red13th

Bought the cards I needed form EMA yesterday, CSI just can't keep some of them in stock. I bought their last FoW, $85 with by 15% discount.

y2dvd

EMA is working. It's making me want to trade in all my standard stuff for store credit to buy some legacy stables. I say some, but I wouldn't be surprised if all I could get was 1 Tropical Island for everything lol.

Daedardus

Bought the cards I needed form EMA yesterday, CSI just can't keep some of them in stock. I bought their last FoW, $85 with by 15% discount.

Bought a Jace, since that's that the card I wanted the most. And also a Strix, but mostly because the card and art is just topnotch and I wanted a copy. I should stop with my purchases, since the only cards I need now are NON-EMA cards that will always be in plenty of supply. It's too tempting to pick up a playset of Tops though.

EMA is working. It's making me want to trade in all my standard stuff for store credit to buy some legacy stables. I say some, but I wouldn't be surprised if all I could get was 1 Tropical Island for everything lol.

How many horses will you have? Sorry, bad joke.

Santiako

Can't complain about my EMA box, I got:

Force of Will
Foil Maze of Ith
Maze of Ith
Sylvan Library
Entomb
Gamble
E.Tutor
Shardless Agent
Balance
Future Sight
Pyrokinesis
WoG
Sinkhole
Worldgorger dragon (lol)
Deathrite Shaman
Foil Hymn to Tourach
Foil Trygon Predator
3 Chain Lightning
2 Cabal Therapy
2 Young Peezy
and more!

red13th

That's a nice box.
I got zero Chain Lightnings, so pissed about that. Had to spend $8 on one for my Cube. My foils were super sucky too, only useful ones were Natural Order and Animate Dead.

noquarter

Dammit, you're making me want to open my other boxes. I was going to draft them when I get a chance, but this makes me want to just bust them open now. Congrats on a great box.
Got delver and lost. Definitely could have played better but I didn't expect to do anything close to this well. Qd for my first PT which I'll for sure prepare for.
Congrats on the qual. Hopefully you do good there as well.

Daedardus

Unless they're doing a feature article on 6/20 to reveal the expansion symbol and stuff and then the real preview weeks start a week after.

i hope

I thought they were doing that. "Here's the symbol, it's Emrakul all over again, here she is, see you next week!"

I thought they were doing that. "Here's the symbol, it's Emrakul all over again, here she is, see you next week!"

83dda38a256fe6873b4c9111ae70ef0c.png

Angry Grimace

My opponent in this league has a ton of Delirium payoffs with Topplegeists and Inexorable Oozes, a Foil Westvale Abbey and a fucken AVACYN.

I couldn't help but be salty at THAT one.

Ashodin

Nahiri plays many roles in Cube. She can just be used as a strong support card for control decks, helping to control the board, filter away useless cards, or search up your win condition. Nahiri can also be played as a combo piece for decks that play Sneak Attack, Show and Tell, or Eureka. If your cube supports this kind of combo deck, you'll definitely want Nahiri as a way to find a giant Eldrazi like Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. Even if you don't have this combo deck in your cube, playing Nahiri and Emrakul in the same deck is a combo in itself!

It's almost as if they know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom