• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan 5
tumblr_mfhg82akSj1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Probably only who reads it, but funny chapter which makes me glad to not have x-ray vision as the top power Id want, but I do want that weather control thing. So funny how he and the girl ineracted (or failed too).

Though which jump manga has Makura, Onodera is most likely from Nisekoi.

7 seeds 13

So uh, this manga has gotten pretty amazing. Didn't expect a pretty fascinating post-apocalyptic story.

YES. FINALLY SOMEONE READS IT.

Everyone should read this awesome manga. And Antiwhippy, chapter 25 is pretty much the point where I knew I love the hell out of this manga.

Kurita

Probably only who reads it, but funny chapter which makes me glad to not have x-ray vision as the top power Id want, but I do want that weather control thing. So funny how he and the girl ineracted (or failed too).

Though which jump manga has Makura, Onodera is most likely from Nisekoi.
Pajama Na Kanojo

Nisekoi 55
The author should turn this into an harem-tournament "Winner Takes Raku".

^That's a large image.

Level E vol.1
I6ZfR.jpg

Well, I really did not expect this manga to be so funny. The alien is such a troll. Or an asshole, I don't know.
Great stuff, thank you based Togashi.

wait kaze published LEVEL E in france ? why did i miss this ?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
YES. FINALLY SOMEONE READS IT.

Everyone should read this awesome manga. And Antiwhippy, chapter 25 is pretty much the point where I knew I love the hell out of this manga.
Oh yeah, I remember you recommending this to me.

Up to 20 now. The story of the third team is pretty gut-wrenching.

The World God Only Knows 1-10

Finally started this and it's pretty awesome so far. Keima is a boss, Tsundere > Idol > Sprinter (so far) and I can already tell that Elsie is worst girl.
It's always good to see more sane people with taste in here. You've chosen wisely.

dumbyugi

I've decided that I'm going to try and read some series that I tried ages ago but feel I didn't give a fair chance. I'll eventually get around to trying them all but I want Gaf's opinion on which one to read first. There are more series I'm interested in trying again but these three are the ones I want to try first.

Naruto - I read the first 2 volumes years ago and thought it was meh. I went in thinking I would hate it though because I was a bias One Piece fanboy back then.

Eyeshield 21 - I only read the first couple of chapters and thought it was boring. I really want to give this another shot but I really hate american football.

Hikaru no Go - I read the first volume of this ages ago and thought it was really boring. The reason I thought it was boring is because I was only interested in fighting or sexy manga back then so i was probably never going to enjoy it.

Akito

I've decided that I'm going to try and read some series that I tried ages ago but feel I didn't give a fair chance. I'll eventually get around to trying them all but I want Gaf's opinion on which one to read first. There are more series I'm interested in trying again but these three are the ones I want to try first.

Naruto - I read the first 2 volumes years ago and thought it was meh. I went in thinking I would hate it though because I was a bias One Piece fanboy back then.

Eyeshield 21 - I only read the first couple of chapters and thought it was boring. I really want to give this another shot but I really hate american football.

Hikaru no Go - I read the first volume of this ages ago and thought it was really boring. The reason I thought it was boring is because I was only interested in fighting or sexy manga back then so i was probably never going to enjoy it.
Out of those 3, my priority would be like ES21, HnG, Naruto. ES21 is so funny and over the top you don't really have to be a fan of the sport, heck I'm no fan of American football either. HnG has great characters and it can be fun even if you don't really understand those higher go techniques. Naruto's first couple of volumes are actually the best in the series, it got considerably worse when Kishimoto found out he'd rather have an edgy emo king as the main character.

upandaway

I would go with Hikaru no Go. I really liked it, and from what you're saying it seems like you'll like it too moreso than the other two.

If you like anime it's also the only one from your picks where the anime is a good option.

HnG isn't even about the game at all, it's barely a tool to carry the story and characters.

Kurita

I knew nothing about football when I started reading it. The cast, the techniques, the humor and the godlike art later on make Eyeshield 21 worth reading.

dumbyugi

Well then, unless someone can convince me otherwise by the time I wake up tommorow I'll be trying Eyeshield 21 first, Hikaru no Go second and Naruto last.

Lirlond

Jojo parts 4 and 5 : I liked the light hearted feeling of part 4. The antagonist was handled very well. Though it seems like Jotaro is worthless now lol.

Part 5 was a much better and more cohesive story but Giorno was not the main character. Might as well have called this Bucciarati's bizarre adventure.

So far id rank them 2>4>5>3>1.

About halfway through Stone Ocean, its definitely focusing on Jolyne which is good. I like the side characters a lot. Some of the stands so far are pretty ridiculous though.

Well then, unless someone can convince me otherwise by the time I wake up tommorow I'll be trying Eyeshield 21 first, Hikaru no Go second and Naruto last.
Well no need to rush for Naruto as its not like its ending, though Id suggest the anime for it instead of reading it as the 220 episodes are significantly good takes on the source material with good voices, faster pacing and great music and greatly expands the universe better than kishimoto did. Good enough worth buying, check it out.

fertygo

JoJo Steel Ball Run aka Obama's JoJo aka Pedophiles Everywhere Chapter 69

OH MY GOD

DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP

OH MY GOD
What I said :)
Its top 3 fight in jojo at the very least.
J

So far id rank them 2>4>5>3>1.

About halfway through Stone Ocean, its definitely focusing on Jolyne which is good. I like the side characters a lot. Some of the stands so far are pretty ridiculous though.
Stone Ocean definitely have the most ridiculous collection of stand, its like friggin' wikipedia and their function barely understandable in fast read, part of why I think Jolyne's were underrated as Jojo because she fighting those ridiculous stand with arguably the least convenience power of Joestar's.

Now now, if he pretends Sasuske gets killed by Naruto at the end of Part 1, then he can walk away with a happy delusion of the manga being all good.

It doesn't work like that and you know it. Otherwise everyone here would've dropped it and we'd be much happier people.

Lirlond

What I said :)
Its top 3 fight in jojo at the very least.

Stone Ocean definitely have the most ridiculous collection of stand, its like friggin' wikipedia and their function barely understandable in fast read, part of why I think Jolyne's were underrated as Jojo because she fighting those ridiculous stand with arguably the least convenience power of Joestar's.

I dunno I see Stone Free as a mixture of Star Platinum and Hierophant Green. Very versatile. It could be extremely broken if Jolyne was smart enough. Using her string to crush someone's brain, creating a suit of extremely strong armor. Loads of applications for it.

have not been in the manga thread for maybe a year now... well maybe stopped in for a bit

Naruto

now catching up with Naruto and really I doubt this Negi death is real and wassup with deathbed match making Neji dude?

anyway anything really good come out lately I should be reading?

fertygo

I dunno I see Stone Free as a mixture of Star Platinum and Hierophant Green. Very versatile. It could be extremely broken if Jolyne was smart enough. Using her string to crush someone's brain, creating a suit of extremely strong armor. Loads of applications for it.

"Convenience" might a wrong word to use, Stone Free indeed very handy stand, load of way to use it.. what I mean is Jolyne must very creative using it because its not just as powerful and absolute like Star Platinum or Gold Experience, and her opponent almost always have crazier and deadlier stand.

Kuragehime 1-30

nCPbb.png

The Japanese sure have an interesting political system.

This is pretty great, and freaking hilarious. Usually I can't get past the shoujo/josei artstyle, but I'm actually kind of digging it this time.

upandaway

Oh yeah, I love Kuragehime. One of the most hilarious mangas around.
Dude everyone are reading all your mangas today, this is weird what's going on

have not been in the manga thread for maybe a year now... well maybe stopped in for a bit

anyway anything really good come out lately I should be reading?
How up to date are you? In the past half year the most popular here I think are Assassination Classroom, Molester Man, and Onepunch man

I remember seeing you more often than a couple times this year, weird.

haikyuu!!
Hungry Joker
Assassination Classroom

One Punch-Man
Haikyuu!!
Assassination Classroom
Shingeki no Kyojin

okay these I never heard of before will check them out

How up to date are you? In the past half year the most popular here I think are Assassination Classroom, Molester Man, and Onepunch man

I remember seeing you more often than a couple times this year, weird.

ah I might have stopped in a few times I was stuck in the hospital with nothing to do.
but really missed a lot of new series it seems

Steroyd

It doesn't work like that and you know it. Otherwise everyone here would've dropped it and we'd be much happier people.

I was naively filled with hope and was excited for a timeskip Naruto getting trained by Jiraiya, Sasuske getting trained by Orochimaru and Sakura getting lessons from Tsunade, "It's going to be the 3 legendary Sennin next generation" I thought.

And I got strung along to, Naruto's training sessions, the Pain arc, by time I became a cynical piece of piss about the series I was too far in.

Still enjoy the odd chapter when Naruto is busting chops and not talk no Jutsu'ing everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom