• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onani Master 6-8

This just isn't grabbing me as much as Molester Man. Shitty MC with no real worthwhile inner monologue, it's pretty boring until there is some kind of interaction. Only thing that has me interested is where the girl goes next with her requests.

We might forget because he was drawn up as a cartoon bird, but he was still a kid at that time, probably around 14 if my guesstimate is correct. Plus he was already getting pretty messed up in his head so he probably wasn't thinking straight.

His dark nature was definitely becoming more and more apparent though.

Also goddamn no need to be so week. Read the whole thing through in one sitting. :p

So mangaf anymore inio asano reccomendations? I've already read What a Wonderful World and Solanin.

Read Nijigahara Holograph and complete the downward spiral into confusion and depression.

Onani Master 6-8

This just isn't grabbing me as much as Molester Man. Shitty MC with no real worthwhile inner monologue, it's pretty boring until there is some kind of interaction. Only thing that has me interested is where the girl goes next with her requests.

Read until the end, that's all we ask.

Cajun

Neo Member
Solanin 28 End

Wow...I was beginning to think the second half of this series was weaker than the first, but Billy's monologue about Taneda was fantastic, and a couple other moments really stood out. The new love interest was absolutely unnecessary imo, but didn't detract much from the series as a whole. The art style of the story was some of the best I've seen, and the subtle tone and subject changes (subtle apart from the main one, of course) throughout were very well done.

Edit: Also, antiwhippy don't worry, you didn't spoil anything.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Solanin 28 End

Wow...I was beginning to think the second half of this series was weaker than the first, but Billy's monologue about Taneda was fantastic, and a couple other moments really stood out. The new love interest was absolutely unnecessary imo, but didn't detract much from the series as a whole. The art style of the story was some of the best I've seen, and the subtle tone and subject changes (subtle apart from the main one, of course) throughout were very well done.

Edit: Also, antiwhippy don't worry, you didn't spoil anything.

Oh, good. Solanin is one of the few series where I feel you need to read it unspoiled, though mostly because it's so short.

The second part is my favorite, mostly because I could really relate with the theme of needing to move on.

Now go on a depression spiral with goodnight pun pun or for something more upbeat you can give Yotsuba a try.

Cajun

Neo Member
Oh, good. Solanin is one of the few series where I feel you need to read it unspoiled, though mostly because it's so short.

The second part is my favorite, mostly because I could really relate with the theme of needing to move on.

Now go on a depression spiral with goodnight pun pun or for something more upbeat you can give Yoruba a try.

Well, seeing as everyone else seems to be enjoying depression together, I'm already starting Punpun...it's definitely not starting off on a happy note.

Testunagi Kooni 01-14

AbICq.png

A wideface story about an oni girl that starts living in a human world. Cute, short chapters, pretty sweet as well. Also wideface.

Is Kaiji Part 4 on hiatus? Seems like its been at volume 9 for a while now, and Fukumoto does spread himself damn thin apparently. Looks like it's taken 4 years to do 13 volumes for him in a weekly magazine.

Now Caught up with Cesare :( This manga is really good Cesare is one cunning bastard him manipulating everyone makes for an interesting read especially in the context of the historical backdrop

Lain

There seems to be a poll, by viz, inquiring what sport would people like a manga from them to feature.

Female MMA voted!

Now Caught up with Cesare :( This manga is really good Cesare is one cunning bastard him manipulating everyone makes for an interesting read especially in the context of the historical backdrop

Story wise Cesare is pretty good, but it's the art that really hits the spot with me. Not only the architecture and interiors, but the characters as well. Lorenzo de' Medici is almost perfect, as well as Rodrigo Borgia.
Still have to finish reading volume 9 though.

Magi

Just caught up with this after being somewhat disappointed with the anime. It's awesome. Really love the moral grey area many of the characters inhabit.

Cajun

Neo Member
Oyasumi Punpun 1-23

Well...I think it's safe to say Punpun had a fucked up childhood in elementary school. And this is supposed to only get more depressing?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Actually I really just wished that it would end some time soon. Feels like medaka box is past its sell-by date at this point.

Cajun

Neo Member
Asano Inio seriously has the best art I've ever seen.

Punpun 36

Well...seems like the uncle's quite the scumbag.

Female MMA voted!

Story wise Cesare is pretty good, but it's the art that really hits the spot with me. Not only the architecture and interiors, but the characters as well. Lorenzo de' Medici is almost perfect, as well as Rodrigo Borgia.
Still have to finish reading volume 9 though.

Yes the art is spectacular I think Savonarola was well done as well

wonzo

Banned
Medaka Box 178

Oh that Nisio!
man is some crazy ass shit

Idol Pretender 4-11

There's so much genderbending and crossdressing in this that it's starting to get pretty confusing. Impressive.

Nozomi to Kimio 1-3 END

Well, that turned out to be just as smutty as I was expecting! I'll definitely start reading Nozo x Kimi and Nozoki Ana once I catch up on the former.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok this Punpun manga has some really nice panels, but reaaally ugly humans.

The story is nothing for me, nope I didn't get depressed or anything, I just think it is utterly boring and tries too hard.

Sengoku_Post_TS.png

What the hell? How did I not see this before?
I'm sorry... After all the chapters I read of OP (and I read some more over the Christmas season), I'll never like the character's anatomy. Huge torsos, huge necks, teeny tiny legs. Hate it. The art and backgrounds are great but the characters look too stupid. Especially the tig ol bitties with a 3" waist. Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom