• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this Punpun manga has some really nice panels, but reaaally ugly humans.

The story is nothing for me, nope I didn't get depressed or anything, I just think it is utterly boring and tries too hard.

He draws really nice lizard aliens. I just wish he'd try a human character once.

dumbyugi

Medaka Box 178

It would be great if she stays dead, if only to see the outrage of some fans.

Ikusaba Animation 1

New series about a girl with an anime voice and a dude who wants to create anime. It looks like it will be a fun but predictable series. I hope they go into detail about the anime creation aspect and don't just focus on the voice acting stuff.

Sexless Friend 1-9

About a bi-sexual uni student who is incredibly popular with women but also afraid of them and his bi-sexual loli teacher who is afraid of men. They become sexless friends in order to help each other overcome their fears. The main guy has a crush on some girl but the girl thinks he likes the teacher so, of course, there are plenty of misunderstandings. This will clearly end with the MC and the teacher getting together but it's been pretty alright so far.

Silver Spoon 65

Crab.

Enma no Hanayome to Kimetsukerareta Fukou na Ore no Jinsei Keikaku 5

Oh noes misunderstandings and maybe evil stuff. This is already starting to become more cliché then it already was.

Teki wa Ousama 01

Haytu.png

Country girl goes to fancy high school to reunite with her prince from her childhood who turns out to be the demon king of the high school.

Pretty shoujo, but still pretty funny. There's a lot of silly twists that happened within just the first chapter so I'm in just to see what happens.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He draws really nice lizard aliens. I just wish he'd try a human character once.

Hey, at least he's one of the few artists who actually knows how to draw more than one face.

Also draws asians with flat noses that are normal sized instead of pretending that the nose doesn't exist on human anatomy.

Basically what I'm saying is, fuck you guys. :p

He does rely waaay too much on photographic objects though, which can sometimes come across as pretty lazy. His art is still great.

upandaway

Medaka Box

What I thought I'd think (and what I would've thought 14 chapters ago):
"Because it's Medaka Box, Medaka isn't really dead"

What I ended up thinking:
"Because it's Medaka Box, Medaka really might be seriously dead"

ヽ(´~`;)ノ? haha

Is Kaiji Part 4 on hiatus? Seems like its been at volume 9 for a while now, and Fukumoto does spread himself damn thin apparently. Looks like it's taken 4 years to do 13 volumes for him in a weekly magazine.
Isn't he doing Zero Part 2 right now? Seems he only does 1 thing at a time while the rest are on hiatus, but on the other hand he always has at least 1 series going on

Hey, at least he's one of the few artists who actually knows how to draw more than one face.

Also draws asians with flat noses that are normal sized instead of pretending that the nose doesn't exist on human anatomy.

Basically what I'm saying is, fuck you guys. :p

Lol I was (mostly) joking. Although his faces do kinda creep me out.

Aunt Tits 63

Hopefully the cross dressing isn't over already.

Isn't he doing Zero Part 2 right now? Seems he only does 1 thing at a time while the rest are on hiatus, but on the other hand he always has at least 1 series going on

Yeah, he figured it was because of Zero. Still wish he wouldn't take on so many series at once. The least he could do is finish up part 4 before working on Zero again. That's what I thought he usually did, but seeing how long it took him to complete each part of Kaiji, I'm not so sure anymore. Separating his series into parts allows him to take on so much, but it's kind of pointless if he can't even finish a part before putting it on hiatus.

Hopefully it will be back again by the time the translations get caught up.

Azure J

Medaka Box

That happened. That happened? Holy shit, that actually happened. Iihiko is beyond Main Character tier confirmed.

Also Nienami & Tsurubami need their own spinoff. Seriously. :lol

Lain

/Blush-DC 1-9

It's by Maya Miyazaki, so it's as smut as it can be, just the way I like it, at least look wise. Story wise it kinda pissed me off, after the quick fuck in the first chapters.
I was ready to enjoy something light, instead it's a bit more dramatic than I had imagined.
Also, I'm not sure if the asshole pimp is really the girl's uncle, but the dude is a really big piece of shit.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You're kidding me. Nurarihyon no Mago isn't finished yet? One chapter left? Dear god, this is torture!

At least the best girl still gets the most exposure and focus <3

Also, yeah yeah yeah I shouldn't playing around while at work but this thread sometimes can veer dangerously close to the NSFW territory. Didn't expect that kind of screenshot from Nozoki Ana posted here above, hahaha.

Defuser

Medaka box
Man, you guys are making a big deal of Medaka dying. Zenkichi and Kumagawa died multiple times and and they still come back alive. This sound so like Dragonball.

Kurita

I watched the first episode of the Liar Game drama. That's actually pretty cool, might read the manga when I'm done with it.

wonzo

Banned
ended up picked up some more stuff (rip wallet)

killingtrees4.jpg

killingtrees4a.jpg

Nozo x Kimi 4-8

First three chapters were identical to the original run which wasn't surprising in the least... not that I'm complaining of course!

busty megane > nozo > sonoda

Fairy Tail

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaBwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

wow.

upandaway

Medaka box
Man, you guys are making a big deal of Medaka dying. Zenkichi and Kumagawa died multiple times and and they still come back alive. This sound so like Dragonball.
Yeah but Zenkichi and Kumagawa die in their battles more often than they stay alive, and it's FRESH who did it this time. If Medaka comes back and Ajimu doesn't, that's seriously not fresh.

Now that I think about it, Medaka got an insane amount of death flags (the biggest one is the wedding) this arc. I still expect her to live this but I'd be lying if I said I was 100% on that.

Akito

Buyuden
Great, Watari did get involved as I feared, I hope he won't get his ass kicked as well so that Take will ultimately be the savior.

Bossun

Fairy Tail

Seriously Mashima is a joke of a writer. He should just draw boobs...
Can't believe he used the same shtick AGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGGAGAGAIN.

Fairy Tail is actually underneath Naruto.
I'd go so far as say it's on the same level as KNIM. Or just above because boobs...

Akito

Fairy Tail

Seriously Mashima is a joke of a writer. He should just draw boobs...
Can't believe he used the same shtick AGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGGAGAGAIN.

Fairy Tail is actually underneath Naruto.
I'd go so far as say it's on the same level as KNIM. Or just above because boobs...
Hey, Rage Town has fully exposed boobs to offer

upandaway

Haikyuu

OHHHHHHHH!!!! HELLL YEEAAAAHHHHH!!!

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

tanaka scores are the best scores :lol

ended up picked up some more stuff (rip wallet)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/manga/killingtrees4.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/manga/killingtrees4a.jpg[/IG]

[B]Nozo x Kimi 4-8[/B]

First three chapters were identical to the original run which wasn't surprising in the least... not that I'm complaining of course!

busty megane > nozo > sonoda[/QUOTE]

Preordered the next blood lad omnibus yet? I liked the color pages and comedy, I cant wait for the next one. Would have got manga on yesterday but adverse weather conditions prevented it :(

For all the crap that everyone talks about still reading Naruto or any of the big 3, I have no clue how you guys still read Fairy Tail. I couldn't read past like 3-4 arcs, whenever it wasn't cliché and dumb it was just plain boring.

Kurita

Haikyuu!! 39
That
Was
AMAZING!!!!

rlm4I.png

The shot with the crow behind Hinata was great. It reminded me of the Devil Bat in Eyeshield 21.
I, for one, look forward to an anime adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom