• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

ended up picked up some more stuff (rip wallet)

killingtrees4.jpg

killingtrees4a.jpg

Nozo x Kimi 4-8

First three chapters were identical to the original run which wasn't surprising in the least... not that I'm complaining of course!

busty megane > nozo > sonoda

Really nice stuff.
Did you like those delicious asses in the Kaoru Mori's collection?!

mercviper

Ryuuroden 1-current
The wink shots are so awkward. Then again, winking IRL is pretty damn awkward too.

Blade of the Immortal Vol 1-29
Wow this is so good. Kinda glad I picked this up now since the release schedule seems to be a volume at a time so there's a long time between releases. I love the rough yet detailed art in this. I also find it kinda funny that it seems every fight past the Kessen poison Manji is involved in he basically says, "It's been forever since I've been pushed to this limit."

Goodnight PunPun
Read the first chapter but I don't think I can continue with it. :/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not yet. It's only Interesting. There is still another step before it can truly become Super. But once that evolution happens ... ... ... then, we can behold it for it's true majesty.

I assume by "super" you mean nipples.

Not necessary.

Molester Man 4-5

Okay, Is she really a loli? Because I've never seen one with jugs like those.

Anyway moving on, looks like Miss Understandings route just got torpedoed and ended prematurely(poor Molester). Still there's like 20 chapters left so anything can happen. Love Kansai though, think her and Molester get along much better than anyone else he's been with so far.

Tokage no Ou 9

Looks like the MC has finally snapped. Still barely understand whats happening with this long prologue.

TWGOK 216

Young Yui is adorable.

If I remember right isn't young Keima is hanging out with current Yui? Looks like both Keima's and Yui's are going to get the chance to hang out with each other for awhile.

Fairy Tail

I'm more upset that the hyped up sword did nothing then Ezra winning the fight.

Fresh Box

The fresh maker just took over as the main character. Maybe now zenkichi can end up with that minus girl.

Aunts Tits

Wow he actually got to her I'm impressed

scy

I assume by "super" you mean nipples.

Not necessary.

There's a certain quality that separates Fairy Tail from Darkness, though. Just that little extra something.

Maybe it is the nipples. Who knows. I just don't think Fairy Tail has become Super Interesting yet. It's still held back. Krillin needs to die still.

Molester Man 4-5

Okay, Is she really a loli? Because I've never seen one with jugs like those.

It's pretty much just used in reference to her face, I think.

Onepunch Man

Pretty good chapter. Now rumors of OPM will spread while he still gets no credit as a hero.

Yeah, translation seemed pretty bad in a few spots.

Alyosha! 32

Lives remaining: ∞?

Even when the MC's on the warpath, for some reason I thought she'd try to avoid fatalities. This series is so light-hearted at times that I keep forgetting about the size of her body count.

Aunt Tits 63

More yuri plz

Nozo x Kimi 4-8

busty megane > nozo > sonoda
What? No. No no no. Putting anyone ahead of Nozomi is just pineapples.

So after that expectation of creeper faces and murdering from Last Game, I wanted something feel good and re-read Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Onisarashi-hen.

Poor Natsumi. She just wanted to escape her past! Instead, she gets tragedy route due to her crazy family.

I have no idea why I have a soft spot for this side story. Maybe it's Natsumi's plight.

Maybe it's her hair.
I think this was the last manga I bought from a book store rather than online. Enjoyed it a lot, but then
mentally unstable girls with an an affinity for sharp objects
are always relevant to my interests.

Soma

Hoshi no Furu Machi End

Pretty enjoyable romance story. Nice, charming art style and narrative though I'm not sure how to feel about the last volume. It felt kind of... I dunno. Rushed? Maybe. The manga had really good momentum before then but while the conclusion wasn't bad I feel like it could be better. The whole
dad getting into an accident at the last minute leaving Koutarou to temporarily abandon his goal
kinda felt like it came out of left field. I can understand why the author decided to add that but I might've preferred it out of the story. Then the other big thing that bugged me was
not the timeskip itself but the fact that Koutarou didn't contact Ichinose during the whole six years. I mean this is the girl that:

- He worked for an entire year to hook up with
- He dumped another perfectly fine (though maybe a bit pushy) girl over her
- He got the shit beat out of him over so bad that he blacked out (twice lol)
- supported him so much to achieve his goals
- and FINALLY even managed to fall in love with him after all that

C'mon son and not even a phone call?

Ah, I'm probably being too hard on the ending. Shoot I'm glad there even is an ending to this story instead of having it dragged out to death like KNIM or something. Overall this was a pretty solid read that really scratched that High School nostalgia itch and felt pretty relatable to me in a few ways. I'd recommend it to people looking for a story similar to the first half of KNIM but with a lot less RAGE and with an actual conclusion.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's a certain quality that separates Fairy Tail from Darkness, though. Just that little extra something.

Maybe it is the nipples. Who knows. I just don't think Fairy Tail has become Super Interesting yet. It's still held back. Krillin needs to die still.

It's pretty much just used in reference to her face, I think.

Either "plot" or "nipples."

But why continue this though? I just see people having a solid grasp on whats gonna happen but hoping it doesn't against all the "logic" the author has forged (fucking faulty logic but logic nonetheless) and thats somewhat entertaining to read.

Double points for being a former member now looking from the outside in.

As a person who enjoys making comics himself I actually find it interesting to see a trainwreck like Fairy Tail in action because it's lack of quality is almost mesmerising.

In all honestly though, FT's biggest fault is essentially doing what every single other shonen does wrong, but pushing it so much and in such undeniably obvious ways that it becomes aggrevating.

I think reading Fairy Tail is especially interesting because for every cringeworthy awful chapter and the fact that it never gets better there''s also okay or decent scenes. Heck I've seen quite a few people in this thread agree Juvia's a pretty awesome character (I assume they're not ironic or I'm an idiot) despite her being from such a heavily flawed series.

I see FT as a manga that could fundamentally be great but always, to an almost experimental degree, takes a left turn whenever it should've taken a right turn on the qualtiy lane.

It feels like a social experiment, aside from clearly not being intended to be one.

upandaway

TWGOK

Genius plan. At first I went "what's a mio" but one google later, I'm on top of the world. I'll share my research since I doubt anyone else knows this: she's actually that rich-poor girl from the beginning. Whoa!

Ikusaba Animation ch1

That was really cute. And super excited and full of energy! I could use a new manga like this.

wonzo

Banned
TWGOK 216

YESSSS. The best girl finally returns!

This would be fine if it didn't mean another 50 chapters of going nowhere before they inevitably
hook up again
. God damn Shimura. lol
I'm guessing Fumi's
gonna go out with the boy she rejected to try and force Akira to face her true feelings or something stupid like that.
Fuckin' Shimuraaaaaa

what happened?
Did they break up already?
Someone's been posting Summaries of all the chapters (including the untranslated ones) here on the MAL forums.

Really nice stuff.
Did you like those delicious asses in the Kaoru Mori's collection?!
But of course.

What? No. No no no. Putting anyone ahead of Nozomi is just pineapples.
I can't help my weakness for busty meganes.

Solanin

Absolutely incredible from start to finish. The way Asano is able to capture so much of the human experience in his works without dragging things out is just amazing.

Hungry Joker 9

Pretty awesome action and chapter. Eureka are pretty versatile and the stunning gravity + vibrations attack worked so well. Quite excited for this manga and hope this next arc is as good as this mini one, Kild must get more involved too. Hope weekly shonen jump surprises and includes this in their lineup here

Also got more
yaoi
manga today and glorious large art works of shinji and kaworu
could have done without nekkid rei and asuka unclothing herself
tumblr_mguj6oTgG81qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

bigkrev

Hungry Joker 9

Pretty awesome action and chapter. Eureka are pretty versatile and the stunning gravity + vibrations attack worked so well. Quite excited for this manga and hope this next arc is as good as this mini one, Kild must get more involved too. Hope weekly shonen jump surprises and includes this in their lineup here

Also bought manga today and glorious large art works of shinji and kaworu
tumblr_mguj6oTgG81qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Serious question- do you buy yaoi just based on the cover, or do you do research?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Onepunch Man

Honestly I thought the rumor would be about Saitama. Ah well at least he got his sea weed cheap.

The rumour is about Saitama, but as usual, he's completely oblivious to it. The kombu monster decided to usurp the rumour to increase his own status.

CronoShot

Fairy Tail

So Kagura's sword is just a regular ass sword? Great. And Erza, after getting completely overwhelmed, suddenly wins out of nowhere? Where have I read that before.

Kusagari

TWGOK 216

I knew that Keima's masterful bullshit plan was going a bit too smoothly, but I did not expect that ending.

OPM 22

Nice chapter, even though it had a shitty translation. Saitama knows how to save money.

Defuser

TWGOK
Damn, Urara actually knows Mio and Yui? I guess rich kids do hang out together. Let's see how Keima gets himself out of this one.

Akito

Onikirisama no Hakoirimusume v1-4 (end)

Cute action comedy manga about a young demon girl who got released after being sealed for 300 years and is trying to find a place for herself in the unknown modern society. Not exactly the most original premise ever and the characters consist mostly of well-known tropes as well but I like them well enough. The ending seems a little rushed but that's better than it being unnecessarily dragged out I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom