• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and read up on Girls of the Wild's, it has some pretty nice art. The development of Jaegu reminds me a lot of how Negi in Negima learned to fight.

Although it remains to be seen if he'll be exactly like Negi (from weakling who has the pretty girls protect him, to straight godmode badass).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oresama Teacher 86-87

So this goddamn manga finally updated.

PwPeLZT.png

Komari is pretty awesome. Cute bunch of chapters, but I hope it gets back to the main storyline soon.

I just found out that there's a Psycho-Pass manga. The anime got my attention, because of duckroll's thread title ("Psycho-Pass |OT| Minority Report x Judge Dredd x Ghost in the Shell") and now I'm wondering if the manga is actually any good. I'd watch the anime, but I can't be arsed to do it. Takes too much time.

I just found out that there's a Psycho-Pass manga. The anime got my attention, because of duckroll's thread title ("Psycho-Pass |OT| Minority Report x Judge Dredd x Ghost in the Shell") and now I'm wondering if the manga is actually any good. I'd watch the anime, but I can't be arsed to do it. Takes too much time.

An abridged and slower paced take with monthly installments? Probably better and faster to pursue the anime especially cause of at least visuals for the action and music, I dont think more than one chapter is out in english versus there being 11 of 22 episodes left in the anime. At least based on chapter one when I read it a few months back, a few scenes were missing though otherwise mostly followed episode 1.

Haikyuu!! 41
tumblr_mgvw0fchFU1r501n2o1_500.jpg

Fun pre game chapter of warms, Nishinoya is so cool indeed. I hope they get some of the other players on court this match against Go Go Lets Go Lets Go Datekou.

Also guess it was time for godoka magica x haikyuu!! fanart to be made.

I haven't watched the anime, but from what I've heard it failed to live up to the hype.

I checked the Black Lagoon raws and its the last chapter published with 7 extra pages. I was so hyped ;_; At least there was action and next chapter will have much more.

AKB49 105-106

Yoshinaga sucks.

Jojolion 18 (Portuguese scans)

Poor Jojo not having a clue of his identity.

lol the leafs on the street being the stand. Its pretty creative.

While FMA is pretty good I like Hunter X Hunter better and it should be brought up in a best shounen discussion.

Also thanks wonzo for writing smut impressions, super interesting stuff.

Cage of Eden End

So it ends in a bunch of fan service and no answers at all...wow.

With how it was wrapping up I really didn't expect much more, but I still expected something. This was just nothing.

duckroll

One Piece - Skypiea

I have finally done it. A huge personal accomplishment. After almost a decade of failing to progress in One Piece because Skypiea was just too long and boring in the middle, I have FINISHED reading the entire arc. Man, some of the middle stuff was REALLY painful. When they get split up and all the random fighting happens chapter after chapter it was really zzzzzzzzzzz. But towards the end of the arc is really picked up. Rubber vs Thunder was pretty awesome. The origin flashback for the island was really amazing. The climax was quite an emotional high, like most One Piece arcs.

Finally, after [x] years, I can resume reading One Piece. I might even be able to catch up by the time One Piece Film Z opens here. I can't believe it. It's really happening! I finished Skypiea. Wow. :D

One Piece - Skypiea

I have finally done it. A huge personal accomplishment. After almost a decade of failing to progress in One Piece because Skypiea was just too long and boring in the middle, I have FINISHED reading the entire arc. Man, some of the middle stuff was REALLY painful. When they get split up and all the random fighting happens chapter after chapter it was really zzzzzzzzzzz. But towards the end of the arc is really picked up. Rubber vs Thunder was pretty awesome. The origin flashback for the island was really amazing. The climax was quite an emotional high, like most One Piece arcs.

Finally, after [x] years, I can resume reading One Piece. I might even be able to catch up by the time One Piece Film Z opens here. I can't believe it. It's really happening! I finished Skypiea. Wow. :D

Congrats!

Now prepare for the worst Grand Line arc in the series! Fortunately it's short because after that is arguably the best arc.

One Piece - Skypiea

Congrats. Can you fix the Psycho-Pass OT now, before others get interested in and fall for it? :(

One Piece - Skypiea

I have finally done it. A huge personal accomplishment. After almost a decade of failing to progress in One Piece because Skypiea was just too long and boring in the middle, I have FINISHED reading the entire arc. Man, some of the middle stuff was REALLY painful. When they get split up and all the random fighting happens chapter after chapter it was really zzzzzzzzzzz.

It felt so slow was hard to pay attention to. I think if some of those fights were removed the arc would have felt much better. Skypeia definitely one of the worst arcs he's written. The stuff leading up to Skypeia and some of the places were really creative and adventurous.

One Piece - Skypiea

Congratulations! For me, Skypiea is the weakest arc of One Piece.

Eh, the trailer already looked like low quality, but I was hoping for something good. Damn you, duckroll. The title made it sound so great.

Psycho Pass isnt a bad series, each of the arc climaxes and conclusions have been really well done and action intense, etc. Just some episodes were more dialogue driven and bordered on being a bit wordy and what not.

What needs to change is the overall story structure of the manga. Going from Island to Island, solvings its problems and beating up an increasingly powerful bad guy is just getting stale. I thought that would/could have changed in the new world, but I was wrong

That really can't change to tell the truth them being in the NW don't change that the OP world is full of islands .
I guess Oda can try and mix it up a bit but for the most part overall story structure going to stay the same .

Now as for characters changing\ growing up it really depends of the character .
I have no problem if Luffy or Natsu don't change at all .
Every now then you get a arc where they down or some development happens but them being a bad ass \ reckless it what there are and should stay the same .

What's there to fix? It's a pretty fun show.

I agree they got much worst things to watch .

Honjitsu ha Seiten nari! 1
tumblr_mgv4pksMYm1rrougqo1_250.png

Good start to this school story of a xenophobic treasurer, Iyogi on the student council and the french/japanese transfer student, Endou Fidele Roche trying to somehow blend in with the student body. Several interesting characters at least from this first chapter specifically the president who tasks Iyogi with befriending and showing Endou along. Has potential to be good so will keep following, funny and fairly decent artwork.

PK Gaming

One Piece - Skypiea

damn I know exactly how you feel man

i went from the same damn thing

glad to hear you're back on the One Piece bandwagon

Atredeus

Neo Member
What needs to change is the overall story structure of the manga. Going from Island to Island, solvings its problems and beating up an increasingly powerful bad guy is just getting stale.

Marineford wasn't too long ago, and it shook this equation up pretty seriously. Also one of the high points of the series.

Cage of Eden 185 END

It was all a dream
of Sengoku mom

I don't think that's quite the case. But either way, this chapter was just a "Let's show you how everyone looks after a time skip", and answered nothing. So many loose ends here. Ah well, still better than the ending to Neji or KHR.

Azure J

I miss Himuro sometimes when I see people talk about Skypiea like that. At the same time I do understand because the amazing payoff (Montblanc Norland's back story is still one of the top 3 best uses of flashback for context in One Piece) took a reaaaaaaally long time to get to.

To be more specific:
- Poneglyph sighting and first really big "Roger did wha-" moment
- Hints of the sky island residents being important as fuck whenever they rejoin the populace on the ground
- First hints of the Going Merry's fate
- Everything Enel related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom