• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Umi no Misaki 109

I'm still amazed at how quickly this made a turnaround from a normal romantic comedy/drama to
clear supernatural elements, reincarnations, and ritual double suicides

Stinky

Moteki c1

Checked this out because the "Again!!" guy did it. Kind of reminds me of Boys on the Run or Molester Man. I love how the MC moved on to the next candidate immediately after the concert, how oblivious he was to the first girl liking him haha.

Shokugeki no Soma

Godly

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

Double food-gasms this week. I'm glad this series is doing well in the rankings, it's so crazy.

Neon Dimension Ascension 3
tumblr_mh8ogaJRBd1qbxqfpo1_500.png

There is something really intriguing about randomly fusing to things via Hutchison Effect. Kouda out so I wonder what the girl can do.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 198

Just more of he same from the last couple of chapters. Kise's streak looks like it's going to end next chapter.

Naruto and HxH are really close when it comes to sales .
I think Naruto has the edge but not by much 50 to 100 k more .

yea its pretty weird to see at times in these volume sales, plus the latest one has HxH with a slight lead for now. Should be interesting to see how it stacks the rest of this year

Here's the list of best-selling manga volumes in 2012. Of course, you'd need to look up exact release dates to get a valid comparison, but I can say that HxH 30 came out before Naruto 60.

Yea HxH was out for about a month iirc (Early April vs Early May).

Naruto still wins overall but the volumes are still interesting.

Now i wonder how the sales would have been if Togashi was much more active but i guess he's somewhat alright with what he is getting (he should be aiming higher tbh but i'm not the guy)

Naruto and HxH are really close when it comes to sales .
I think Naruto has the edge but not by much 50 to 100 k more .
I don't even get why. HxH is most definitely better than Naruto, no question, but are they buying the same volumes over and over again, or what?

Wtf? Teppu is good.
Teppu is really good, but if you're into MMA and know the stuff, the things he mentioned might bother you. For me it would be like reading a manga about Formula 1 (there's no such thing) that gets the facts and technical details wrong. It's just annoying.

Oh no, the story isn't anywhere near over (well, probably getting nearer with every chapter by definition, but I don't really feel like the ending arc is near yet). Nows the painful wait with uncertain translation times.

I don't think there was any amnesia, at least not a major one. I think it's just that now she's on her own she has to survive and put aside brooding over being separated and left for dead, and this is the first time she's tried to really look at the world and appreciate the beauty of it. Also helps that she seems to be in a particularly non life threatening area.

I think it's a really fresh take after how unforgiving the natural world was depicted after the last hundred pages.

7 Seeds, 110-120

What a ride. It took me a while to catch up, but it was a great experience.Now it's going back to the non-existent release schedule.

Yeah, my amnesia theory got proven wrong in the next chapter. Hana's reunion with the other two was okay, I guess. I didn't really care for it, because they're not really interesting characters.

I really liked the trip with Aramaki and Ayu. Seeing them together is funny and I hope they stay together. Ayu certainly wants that
and it would be a great slap in Hana's face. I can't believe how spoiled she is.

As for the last 3 chapters, yes it was crazy and really sad, but you kinda set my expectations too high, whippy. It didn't really affect me that much, because I don't have any pets. If anything, I liked the fact that Ayu was able to comfort Aramaki
and make Hana somewhat jealous.

All Rounder Meguru

So far this is much better than Teppu. I can really follow the progression of moves, they make sense.

Yep. Story is a bit bland, but it hits the spot for good MMA based mangas.

My favourite work by Hiroki Endo remains one of his short stories however. It's For Those Of Us Who Don't Believe In God. It's available in his Tanpenshu collection.

Well I'm the last person around here to need a flashy story. I'm all about consistency and coherence.

But yeah, I did wrestling in high school and swapped to Judo in college so I know how all this stuff works. I'm not so much a purist or anything, but it does take me out of the story when it doesn't make sense.

The Meguru guy really gets it.

The sanchin stance thing is weird, though. Being a karate guy contributing to him being ambidextrous makes sense, and using southpaw to bait a switch makes sense, but I think Sanchin is when it starts getting a little on the weird side. It's not hyperbolic or anything yet so I'm not bothered by it too much, but I'm wondering where they're going with this.

Omamorishimasu, Dokomademo 6 + ex (end)
tumblr_mh889ynSmy1rs9yz9o1_500.jpg

Wow finished in a little under a month, pretty fast. Hopefully the success of mini mart convinces the publishers to pick up more of junko's work for release here, Id buy every single one. Akira's development across the whole manga was quite well and rising to the challenge an confronting his own feelings this chapter was so worth. Although he and Chihiro never formally committed he did say he would continue to protect him no matter what and I think he started to have feelings too, as the extras implied. Probably one of my favorite of the one volume bl stories and memorable. Liked how there was the kidnapping action and the other body guards having a really unique and fun personality.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Okay for one, NEVER EVER split my posts like that, unless you want to have some form of legitimate discussion for each topic. Splinting it up into three posts to say the same base thing is not only stupid, but looks like shit when people are reading this.

Splitting Big One's posts up is SERIOUS BUSINESS apparently

Well, the "actual" big 3 of 2012 is One Piece, Kuroko's Basket and Naruto.
Kimu ni Todoke is 6th. It's really popular yeah, it often tops weekly charts IIRC (well, when there's no One Piece).

Yes last year Kuro sold a great but that was because people were buying older Vols .
If you look at Single Vol sales it still has a while to go before catching other manga .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom