• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Nononono v03
The emperor was so over the top bad I did expected him to be actually a good guy but it turns out he's just another idiot, maybe even the biggest one so far.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Was is ever explained why Komamura is a huge fox? Did he die in his fur suit?

I suppose its the Soul Society version of a birth defect? My guess is that its not really important, but its something like he was killed by a Fox-shaped Hollow or possessed by a Fox's spirit or something that isn't really pertinent beyond making him look like a Fox man.

Big One

Banned
You just complained that you refuse to respond to Beam's "shit opinion" and "non compliant" formatting; you can say anything you want about your tolerance level, but its kind of contradicted when you're acting like a child that isn't getting his way. I'm sure other people don't appreciate you telling them they have shit opinions, shit arguments and garbage posts either.
I don't refuse to respond to opinions I think suck. I don't think the person I was arguing with has a bad opinion, just that his formatting is bad and really has no place in something I'm trying to have some form of a legitimate discussion about. If he can remake his post to comply to this I will be more than willing to continue our discussion.

And keep in mind shitposting isn't really about whether the content itself is shit and more about the effort put into the post itself. Let's say you go around the board and all you post is "Fuck off." or "No." all the time. That is shitposting, and it was going on in the posts of the person having this argument with me.

Just stick to arguing about whether Enel from One Piece could beat Goku up and not about whether everyone is required to post around your petty, nonsensical irritants.
To me, forum etiquette is the most important aspect of having any discussion on a board. When you can't comply with this, you shouldn't even be trying.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't refuse to respond to opinions I think suck. I don't think the person I was arguing with has a bad opinion, just that his formatting is bad and really has no place in something I'm trying to have some form of a legitimate discussion about. If he can remake his post to comply to this I will be more than willing to continue our discussion.

And keep in mind shitposting isn't really about whether the content itself is shit and more about the effort put into the post itself. Let's say you go around the board and all you post is "Fuck off." or "No." all the time. That is shitposting, and it was going on in the posts of the person having this argument with me.

To me, forum etiquette is the most important aspect of having any discussion on a board. When you can't comply with this, you shouldn't even be trying.

Except calling other people's opinions "shit" or "shitposting" is literally the only thing that we've been discussing that violates forum etiquette and you're the only one who does it.

I suppose its the Soul Society version of a birth defect? My guess is that its not really important, but its something like he was killed by a Fox-shaped Hollow or possessed by a Fox's spirit or something that isn't really pertinent beyond making him look like a Fox man.

I suppose it doesn't matter, yes. It just looks a bit silly and out of place, so I was wondering that.

I'm watching the anime version of Ichigo's fight against Aizen, which was well done, unlike the Pain fight in Naruto. Anyway, it reminded me that there's more ways to attack than with just swords, so I'd really wish that Ichigo would lean some kido, just to spice some things up. I'm not saying he's supposed to drop the getsuga, but Kubo could be a bit more creative with the attacks.

Also, butterfly Aizen is still hilarious and Ichigo trolling him was so nice.

Fox318

hEHRTsf.jpg

Big One

Banned
Except calling other people's opinions "shit" or "shitposting" is literally the only thing that we've been discussing that violates forum etiquette and you're the only one who does it.
Neither of those things violate forum etiquette. Shitposting is a real term to describe what I was talking about.

Someone's opinion can only be shit if they really have nothing legitimate to back it up. It isn't an insult to anyone, just terminology. I have shitty opinions on things too.

Angry Grimace

I suppose it doesn't matter, yes. It just looks a bit silly and out of place, so I was wondering that.

I'm watching the anime version of Ichigo's fight against Aizen, which was well done, unlike the Pain fight in Naruto. Anyway, it reminded me that there's more ways to attack than with just swords, so I'd really wish that Ichigo would lean some kido, just to spice some things up. I'm not saying he's supposed to drop the getsuga, but Kubo could be a bit more creative with the attacks.

Also, butterfly Aizen is still hilarious and Ichigo trolling him was so nice.
I don't get the idea that there's more of Komamura's story to tell. His story was that he was born looking like a Fox and then the remainder of it was tied to Blind Guy.

As for the Aizen fight, I'm not sure how it could be well done. All he did was show up do his transformation thing and then shoot a beam at him. The worst part of it was that the entire bit about Ichigo losing his powers had already been done.

Neither of those things violate forum etiquette. Shitposting is a real term to describe what I was talking about.

Someone's opinion can only be shit if they really have nothing legitimate to back it up. It isn't an insult to anyone, just terminology. I have shitty opinions on things too.
You are mistaken. See, e.g. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428781 Here's the thing. There have been a lot of people posting in here who have similar opinions to you, but most of them are not abrasive for no reason.

Akito

Nononono v04
Why are all characters in this manga so obnoxious, every new one is always more annoying than the last. This Umi girl is getting on my nerves, of course she's landed herself a boyfriend who is also a ski jumper and of course he's some genius Austrian one and of course she wants to challenge you to a duel with her boyfriend. All that because you rejected her sometime in the past.

Big One

Banned
You are mistaken. See, e.g. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428781 Here's the thing. There have been a lot of people posting in here who have similar opinions to you, but most of them are not abrasive for no reason.
There's nothing in that post that is going against anything I'm saying; all that post shows is that I absolutely right on this. There's nothing off-topic going on here either.

If you find me abrasive, then that's something you have to hold on your own. I'm not here to be liked, loved, or appreciated. I'm here to do what people are supposed to do on a forum: have discussions/debates/etc. If you don't like that, too bad.

With that, I'm done with this discussion. If that dude wants to change up his post and make it more of a proper response, I'm up for continuing that discussion.

Angry Grimace

There's nothing in that post that is going against anything I'm saying; all that post shows is that I absolutely right on this. There's nothing off-topic going on here either.

If you find me abrasive, then that's something you have to hold on your own. I'm not here to be liked, loved, or appreciated. I'm here to do what people are supposed to do on a forum: have discussions/debates/etc. If you don't like that, too bad.

With that, I'm done with this discussion. If that dude wants to change up his post and make it more of a proper response, I'm up for continuing that discussion.

You can't arbitrarily separate being abrasive/rude and having discussions because nobody wants to have a discussion with an abrasive rude person.

I don't get the idea that there's more of Komamura's story to tell. His story was that he was born looking like a Fox and then the remainder of it was tied to Blind Guy.

As for the Aizen fight, I'm not sure how it could be well done. All he did was show up do his transformation thing and then shoot a beam at him. The worst part of it was that the entire bit about Ichigo losing his powers had already been done.

Like I said, I was just wondering why and couldn't remember if it ever got explained.

And when I said the fight was well done, I meant the animation, not the story itself. I know many were disappointed with the animation of the Pain arc (I was in the thread when it was running) and since both anime are from the same studio, I wanted to see how it looked.

I also completely forgot that Aizen was just sealed and not killed.

Angry Grimace

Like I said, I was just wondering why and couldn't remember if it ever got explained.

And when I said the fight was well done, I meant the animation, not the story itself. I know many were disappointed with the animation of the Pain arc (I was in the thread when it was running) and since both anime are from the same studio, I wanted to see how it looked.

I also completely forgot that Aizen was just sealed and not killed.

Yeah, I don't think that came off the way I meant. I mostly just meant I don't think its every going to be explained, and if it does, it will probably be some kind of inconsequential asspull.

As for Aizen, he was actually around for a couple of chapters in this arc (and he'll presumably be back as a villain soon enough) - Bach tried to recruit him and he was being a smartass. We never saw his Bankai either.

That Pain episode was actually pretty cool at the time because at least the animation quality wasn't as typically terrible as Shippuden normally has. It looked crazy but it made sense in the context that Naruto had just gone batshit due to the Fox's influence.

Akito

Nononono v05
So wait, it was actually the Austrian guy who wanted the relationship not her? "I like small girls with black hair. I don't care about any others." Great motivation there, so much that he only needed 2 years to become the best ski springer in Austria (albeit knowing nothing about ski jumping until then) because that was the condition for her going out with him.
And how the fuck can you not recognize someone just because they are now wearing a hat and a dress, fuck this trope. I'm sure nothing will come out of the accident either.

Hunter X Hunter Chimera Ant Mid

So did anyone else get a Cell vibe from the Chimera Ant King? Though I will say as a whole I like the King a lot more then I ever did Cell who I thought got less interesting as time went on. Course having said that I'll probably end up jinxing it

Yeah, I don't think that came off the way I meant. I mostly just meant I don't think its every going to be explained, and if it does, it will probably be some kind of inconsequential asspull.

That Pain episode was actually pretty cool in context. It looked crazy but it made sense in the context that Naruto had just gone batshit due to the Fox's influence.

I'm not even talking about the art style, but the quality of some episodes was just poor.

bky1slmm3biint4ut.jpg

1hcnpx1pubo.gif

SbSZK.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

So did anyone else get a Cell vibe from the Chimera Ant King? Though I will say as a whole I like the King a lot more then I ever did Cell who I thought got less interesting as time went on. Course having said that I'll probably end up jinxing it

Togashi got kind of lazy with that design. Don't worry about getting disappointing, shit gets real from here on out.

Kusagari

The King is basically a Cell rip-off at the start, but he turns into a very interesting take on a that character type ultimately.

come on. if your life is on the line, why wouldn't use everything that you have? i'm not talking about people who are totally disinterested in the war (doflamingo, mihawk, etc.). sengoku never even fought forreal, and so did garp. whitebeard, the supposed strongest man in the world, never sensed an attack from behind that has ill-intent even though he has haki? come on.

it's the great war. some of them just walked off totally unscathed, and they all at least could still walk! it was like, yeah two died and they all made peace.

WB was old and a sick , Marco even said that if it was back in the day he would be able to sense \dodge the attack and his health was getting worst .
That was also one of the points of the war more than once we saw WB age\health affect him , he even said him self he can't remain the strongest for ever .

ajVGrfH.gif

It was in a special chapter for the new movie.

For the second question, it was since the time skip.

Maybe I was just too busy being disappointed with how meh part 2 was to remember that. All I can remember about part 2 Hinata was her scene in the Invasion of Pain arc

Eden: An Endless World vol. 3

This series kinda sucks. The pacing is crap and there's no setup to anything going on. It's like a shitty post-apocalyptic Ghost in the Shell, with none of the fun tech or philosophy stuff. It's just pretending.

I thought it was going somewhere with the first volume, but I guess not.

Akito

Because it got canned.

Nononono v06
The flashback was not bad but way too long for the little amount of new information we got from it. It didn't even explain who's rigged the autopsy. Oh yeah, no one new found out about Nono's gender, just as expected.

Kusagari

dat intense breast rubbing.

KNIM 214

Nothing happened as usual, except for finding out Eba's entire family is tsundere for Haruto. Oh well, it had Rin in it so it wasn't as bad as it has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom