• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Ignis's quote of that post split the post up like 9 times. :lol
And still the reason why I refuse to respond to his post. If he can't comply with this, it's his fault. Same reason why I stopped arguing with Beam months ago about the stupid shit he was talking about.

Posts should only be split up if there's something worth separating from the rest of the post in that discussion. When you split up the post with one-liner responses or repeats, it's just pure shit posting, period.

And still the reason why I refuse to respond to his post.
No need to be so angry about it.

If he can't comply with this, it's his fault.
I don't think he's that sad about it.

Same reason why I stopped arguing with Beam months ago about the stupid shit he was talking about.
You an Beam? Damn, the hilarious interactions I missed ...

Posts should only be split up if there's something worth separating from the rest of the post in that discussion. When you split up the post with one-liner responses or repeats, it's just pure shit posting, period.
Completely agree with this one.

And still the reason why I refuse to respond to his post. If he can't comply with this, it's his fault. Same reason why I stopped arguing with Beam months ago about the stupid shit he was talking about.

The fuck? You know because sometimes every sentence you make is so stupid that it needs to be broken down. It´s not shit posting if there´s a point ot be made to specific sentences. It takes a lot of time and effort to do. Still talking in absolutes i see.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I can see why you're so popular. This is a pretty silly amount of arrogance given you were having a One Piece power-level argument.

No, seriously, its your fault for repeatedly posting text walls, not other people for reformatting your posts into something that isn't 500 words of unbroken text. Demanding other people post in the exact manner you demand is outright petulant. If people are actually editing your posts to change their intent, that's one thing, but responding to points individually isn't really something to complain about.

TWGOK

Piling on the dick jokes again, I see.

Silver Spoon

Hachiken needs to win the lottery to stop the suffering

Stinky

Guys, chill

HksO2Vu.jpg

Torikago Syndrome 1
tumblr_mh8z7bjIAn1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

A good start to a new series I guess. I thought it was a josei but it felt as if it could evolve into some BL harem type thing...however the supernatural elements present, I think, such as the main character, Ayase, (nice design, the red eyes) and his feeling caged and seemingly at will to do what Liam says and whoever the king is behind the scenes of the game...really make it feel anything but light hearted. Will keep following hopefully some answers and clarification is given.

Fox318

Torikago Syndrome 1
tumblr_mh8z7bjIAn1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

A good start to a new series I guess. I thought it was a josei but it felt as if it could evolve into some BL harem type thing...however the supernatural elements present, I think, such as the main character, Ayase, (nice design, the red eyes) and his feeling caged and seemingly at will to do what Liam says and whoever the king is behind the scenes of the game...really make it feel anything but light hearted. Will keep following hopefully some answers and clarification is given.

Do women exist in the manga you read or is it full on sausage fest all of the time?

scy

I disagree. I like to go point-by-point for posts. I'll break it up so my responses match up with the bit quoted rather than three different (or similar) points to an entire paragraph.

Big One

Banned
I can see why you're so popular. This is a pretty silly amount of arrogance given you were having a One Piece power-level argument.

No, seriously, its your fault for repeatedly posting text walls, not other people for reformatting your posts into something that isn't 500 words of unbroken text. Demanding other people post in the exact manner you demand is outright petulant. If people are actually editing your posts to change their intent, that's one thing, but responding to points individually isn't really something to complain about.
I've never once posted a text wall on this forum. A paragraph =/= a text wall.

There is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't expect people to post properly. And while multi-quoting doesn't equate to straight up editing the post, it does take a lot of the context out of each sentence when they're supposed to be read in a single paragraph. Let me show you the example of what I'm talking about in the response to your above post.
________

I can see why you're so popular.
Oh thank you.
This is a pretty silly amount of arrogance given you were having a One Piece power-level argument.
Well if you actually read my post, maybe you'd see that I'm not really talking about power levels and more-so talking about how Enel most likely has a pretty good chance against the current characters in One Piece.
________

^ The above, which is meant to be said in a single paragraph, gets skewed into two different meanings. Even though in the paragraph it's clear you're being sarcastic as you follow up a compliment with something negative, taking on a completely different meaning all together.

There is a difference between legitimately dissecting a post than the shit I had to deal with in my argument. There is no legitimacy whatsoever involved in his multi-quoting, or else I'd actually have a response setup for it.

Do women exist in the manga you read or is it full on sausage fest all of the time?

Not including the shonen action series I read, I guess there are rarely any female characters in the series I read. Only one that has many of note is Chidori-san chi ni Kagitte, which is about the son of the mom who is a prominent bl manga writer who has several female assistants and gets one male assistant who the son forms a bond with and hopefully a relationship with. Only thing I read with a female lead is Metamorcode, but otherwise, unless its some otome, tend to try to avoid female leads or mainly female casts.

That was one aspect of the war that i think was great .
We saw how powerful some of the characters can be but Oda did not spend much time on fights or abilities .
Certain characters we going to see again and we going to see more about haki in time no need to go to deep about it in the war .

come on. if your life is on the line, why wouldn't use everything that you have? i'm not talking about people who are totally disinterested in the war (doflamingo, mihawk, etc.). sengoku never even fought forreal, and so did garp. whitebeard, the supposed strongest man in the world, never sensed an attack from behind that has ill-intent even though he has haki? come on.

it's the great war. some of them just walked off totally unscathed, and they all at least could still walk! it was like, yeah two died and they all made peace.

upandaway

come on. if your life is on the line, why wouldn't use everything that you have? i'm not talking about people who are totally disinterested in the war (doflamingo, mihawk, etc.). sengoku never even fought forreal, and so did garp. whitebeard, the supposed strongest man in the world, never sensed an attack from behind that has ill-intent even though he has haki? come on.
Wait wait time out, am I forgetting this? Did he really say that or are you going off the "clean back" comment when he died?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've never once posted a text wall on this forum. A paragraph =/= a text wall.

There is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't expect people to post properly. And while multi-quoting doesn't equate to straight up editing the post, it does take a lot of the context out of each sentence when they're supposed to be read in a single paragraph. Let me show you the example of what I'm talking about in the response to your above post.
________

Oh thank you.

Well if you actually read my post, maybe you'd see that I'm not really talking about power levels and more-so talking about how Enel most likely has a pretty good chance against the current characters in One Piece.
________

^ The above, which is meant to be said in a single paragraph, gets skewed into two different meanings. Even though in the paragraph it's clear you're being sarcastic as you follow up a compliment with something negative, taking on a completely different meaning all together.

There is a difference between legitimately dissecting a post than the shit I had to deal with in my argument. There is no legitimacy whatsoever involved in his multi-quoting, or else I'd actually have a response setup for it.

It really comes down to the same thing - you're continually incapable of dealing with other people and/or their opinions. There isn't any reason why everyone else needs to conform to your personal pet peeve and its exceedingly arrogant to insist people aren't "posting properly" when they don't conform to some convention that is entirely made up in your head.

Stinky

Wait wait time out, am I forgetting this? Did he really say that or are you going off the "clean back" comment when he died?

He is probably talking about Squardo stabbing his chest. Not sure if Observation Haki could predict that but as far as we know the only haki Whitebeard was shown to know is Kings Haki

EDIT: Hahaha^

EDIT: Apparently Ol' Beards used observation to avoid being killed by Ace all those times in that flashback

Haikyuu!! 42
tumblr_mh8osx1Vmf1s1jobro1_500.jpg

Glad Kenma still gets some time. Really want an eventual Nekoma rematch. Though if this series really stays going, I guess it could be possible since the main main characters are all first years.

Futakuchi and Aone were really getting a lot of time. I hope we get some more development of both of them, Datekou, go go lets go!

Medaka Box 66-93

Council battle arc was far superior to everything that'd gone before it. I now fully understand and endorse all the Kumagawa hype. Naze was an absolute boss in her fight as well. Is it wrong that I wanted the two of them to team up right from the start?

Assuming this doesn't suddenly go to shit it'll become one of the few shounen battle mangas I enjoy enough to regularly keep up with. I have no idea how the next 'antagonist(s)' are going to even dream of matching Kumagawa, but then again I see Ajimu's name thrown around here with enough frequency
(I've inadvertently read the pseudo death spoilers about 20 times now)
that she'll likely be decently entertaining as well.

Fujimura-kun Mates 80

I guess 're-educating' the other students is Himuro's way of showing affection. Also it's probably only the 2nd/3rd time she's smiled during this series, if you can call it smiling.

upandaway

That reminds me I don't think I've ever seen Angry Grimace actually angry. He's pretty cynical and insulting but I don't know, he's never really.. angry.

That's false advertising.

He is probably talking about Squardo stabbing his chest. Not sure if Observation Haki could predict that but as far as we know the only haki Whitebeard was shown to know is Kings Haki
Didn't Whitebeard at least damage SOME logia without using his fruit? I was sure he knew armament..

Anyway it makes sense that he couldn't avoid Squardo. Even with Observation, all he could make out was someone thinking "I'm gonna stab something in front of me". That means nothing on a battlefield without a clear opponent in front of you.

Shokugeki no Soma 8

Basic seafood dish and expected outcome but I will so miss this small mini arc of sorts. Isshiki needs to return and cook some more hopefully as he is easily second best character after Soma. Wonder what will be next since its kind of following the typical progress of most school series like it...

Magi

Been trying to catch up to this and had to bare through the training at Sindria then the dungeon after that was pretty boring until the "organization" people showed up.

Had to make a post because "Holy shit did Alibaba just cut that dudes arm and leg off?!"

Edit: Awe...they got reattached. :/

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma 8

Basic seafood dish and expected outcome but I will so miss this small mini arc of sorts. Isshiki needs to return and cook some more hopefully as he is easily second best character after Soma. Wonder what will be next since its kind of following the typical progress of most school series like it...

The main guy is just the Ace in every single chapter

Stinky

Didn't Whitebeard at least damage SOME logia without using his fruit? I was sure he knew armament..

Anyway it makes sense that he couldn't avoid Squardo. Even with Observation, all he could make out was someone thinking "I'm gonna stab something in front of me". That means nothing on a battlefield without a clear opponent in front of you.

Yeah I guess he has all three. Your explanation makes a lot of sense actually. The wiki said something about his observation haki not working because he was too old... which is a cop-out answer rivaling only Beam (sorry).

Akito

According to Mainichi, the number of applicants for admission to Hokkaido Obihiro Agricultural High School Dairy Science Course was 68, up 110% from a year earlier. The high school is the model school of manga "Gin no Saji ~Silver Spoon~". The principal of the school was pleased that the manga has drawn attentions to the agricultural schools among many junior high students, especially from outside Hokkaido prefecture.
Source

That's really awesome.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Is Solanin really good?

It's one of the best manga I've ever read. I've cried and laughed so much over it. I am almost 100% sure you will like it. I recommended it to a friend once and the only reason why she said she didn't continue reading it or liked it was because it was too depressing. (She missed out of course.)

That reminds me I don't think I've ever seen Angry Grimace actually angry. He's pretty cynical and insulting but I don't know, he's never really.. angry.

That's false advertising.

save the fact that he wasn't on the battlefield but on his ship, watching the battlefield. again, we're talking about the supposed strongest man in the world, and the guy about to stab him is the one closest to him in proximity. and lol don't make assumptions about what he can make out. why can't he make out the "i'm gonna stab whitebeard" part out? we're going based off logic here, based on the parameters laid down by the OP universe. an ill-intent attack with that close of a proximity should be noticed by the strongest man on the planet. there's no excuse whatsoever for that.

Big One

Banned
It really comes down to the same thing - you're continually incapable of dealing with other people and/or their opinions. There isn't any reason why everyone else needs to conform to your personal pet peeve and its exceedingly arrogant to insist people aren't "posting properly" when they don't conform to some convention that is entirely made up in your head.
I've more than proven that I'm capable of dealing with other people's opinions. I am, afterall, an opinionated person. My strongest opinion, however, is forum etiquette. You don't have to be a master at the English language of forum formatting to get my approval, I simply ask you don't straight up garbage post.

There's a difference between the kind of multi-quoting that went on in my argument, and actual legitimate multi-quoting that goes on at the average forum with people who want to have real discussions. I do not appreciate it, and I expect others to respect that. I'm here to have discussions, not light flame wars full of jabs at the person I'm talking to.

Angry Grimace

I've more than proven that I'm capable of dealing with other people's opinions. I am, afterall, an opinionated person. My strongest opinion, however, is forum etiquette. You don't have to be a master at the English language of forum formatting to get my approval, I simply ask you don't straight up garbage post.

There's a difference between the kind of multi-quoting that went on in my argument, and actual legitimate multi-quoting that goes on at the average forum with people who want to have real discussions. I do not appreciate it, and I expect others to respect that. I'm here to have discussions, not light flame wars full of jabs at the person I'm talking to.

You just complained that you refuse to respond to Beam's "shit opinion" and "non compliant" formatting; you can say anything you want about your tolerance level, but its kind of contradicted when you're acting like a child that isn't getting his way. I'm sure other people don't appreciate you telling them they have shit opinions, shit arguments and garbage posts either.

Just stick to arguing about whether Enel from One Piece could beat Goku up and not about whether everyone is required to post around your petty, nonsensical irritants.

TWGOK

Does Dokurou have her memories back? I forget.

Akito

I always love to see that mangas can influence young people's life.
I hope Space Brothers make people dream about space.

Feels good man.
I wish I had read Masturbation Master Kurosawa when I was still going to school... wait a minute

Only Queen Arakawa could double the number of people who want to suffer like Hachiken does.
I just hope they knew exactly what they got themselves into.

I always love to see that mangas can influence young people's life.
I hope Space Brothers make people dream about space.

Feels good man.

I was under the impression countries were cutting spending money on things about space...doesnt seem like a dream I would hope many to have assuming they want something which is reasonably feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom