• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh, then you are our official Ojii-san then.

Or maybe in your case our official 아버지 abeoji? Hahaha.

Well, I am glad to see I have people in similar age range with me here still enjoying mangas :)

You would be surprised to learn that Freshmaker is not, in fact, Korean.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For the most part, yeah. Then again, if you want to get aroused, just get some honest to god hentai. I enjoy smut for the same reason I enjoyed R-rated sex comedies when I was younger.

At least My Balls had a reason for there to be "no sex." Then again, My Balls ended with the MC marathon-fucking female Satan.

Akito

Yeah.

I can't remember what chapter it was, but when they show the finalis (fanalis? I dunno anymore) sailing to invade, alibaba was with them.
That was some time ago, I thought you mean last chapter.

Oh yeah, new Magi cover

i8e7jSKLMnCZv.png

Atredeus

Neo Member
One Piece doesn't really have eye-catching art. I looks kid-dish at first glance, especially on the first few volumes.

I remember giving One Piece a pass when it first came out until a friend forced me to read the first 4 volumes by giving me the books. Was hooked ever since.

This was exactly what it was for me. The rounded style looked all kiddy, and Luffy's design didn't help. Not to mention the first episode I saw was Usopp's recruitment... just lame all around, and an annoying character. Needless to say I was turned off.

Decided to give the manga a go a couple years later. Been reading it weekly since.

Oh, and 25.

To be a little more descriptive of what I mean by "YGO" when I describe designs, I always think of these guys:

LDgtD52.jpg

Every single protagonist here, and their ace monsters, are overdesigned garbage, and that's the type of shit you see in Naruto and Bleach all the time that gets on my nerves.

Of course the designs in questions are meant to appeal to kids, but in the West it appeals to a large base of teenagers and adults also, which is why something like Naruto and Bleach are more appealing than One Piece to Western audiences.

Overdesigned? I thought Jaden , Yuma, and even Yusei have good designs, actually most of the cast too like Crow, Mokuba, Shark etc. Their ace monsters??? Stardust dragon is easily up there with cardfight vanguards best dragon and even the dragons in Fairy Tail...much better than the ones in One Piece and how to train a dragon. I thought people loved Dark Magician and Dark Magician girl...those body pillows and figures. Much of these characters are like conservatively designed, all Jaden has is a school uniform, yugi too, dm/dmg are pretty basic as well, she looks typical magical girl even.

Kurita

I love Yu-Gi-Oh! (the original manga, did not watch/read the spin-offs), actually it's one lf my favorite shonens ever.
But I have to admit that some designs in the series are just... Huh, yeah, overdesigned.

BassForever, I enjoyed your HxH impressions!

Glad you enjoyed them. Not sure if I want to start the beast know as Jojo's bizarre adventure or read something more manageable like reborn or twgok. Suggestions/thoughts?

Aunts tits 65

Looks like he lost another one but at least he got past some of his demons

Magi

tumblr_mhb8j50USB1rfyejmo1_500.png

This manga is too awesome.

It really is.

I like how they're keeping up depicting both sides as bastards, from the savagely brutal fanalsis to the Mecha draining the lives of Goi's.
I totally expect to Alibaba to join Aladin to try to stop the war altogether instead of helping one particular side.

Reknoc

Glad you enjoyed them. Not sure if I want to start the beast know as Jojo's bizarre adventure or read something more manageable like reborn or twgok. Suggestions/thoughts?

Either JoJo or TWGOK is a good choice, Reborn should be avoided, you'll likely find out why in a few posts ;)

789shadow

Banned
19. And I thought One Piece was as bad as the 4Kids dub until, maybe 3 years ago. I read through it after Naruto and Bleach, and only after looking at the TV Tropes page.

Magi 85-120

I really can't figure out why I let myself fall behind on this series. I loved everything going into the Sindria arc but for some reason let myself fall behind and never really picked it back up. The only part that I can think of that was even a little boring was the whole sex scandal between Sinbad and the Kou princess. After that the 61st Dungeon was a letdown compared to the first dungeon but once the Al Sarmin people showed up and really got rolling. This little arc has also done a lot of adding to Sinbad's character. He's starting to seem a little more shady than he first appeared with how he is asking people for their help and asking Aladdin to become the Sindria Magi. Then to find out he is half white half black rukh, and a complete bad ass one shotting the masked guy.

Interested to see what Mor and Alibaba do while Aladdin goes off to Magnashutat(?). Time skip incoming?

Anyone else just waiting for Ja'far to turn out evil? The Disney movie has completely made me expect it to come, plus he has seemed shady the whole time.

Sora o Daite Oyasumi 9

The manga continues to make me so sad but at least it seems both Kei and Roku at least had the same feelings for each other as twins, though the thing with Kei and the three others ruined what could have become and I guess next chapter is the suiciadal jump, to be there and see him must have been intents.

Konya mo Nemurenai 10

Perfect thing to lift my spirits, finally Hiriki admits that he has feelings for Endo and Endo the same, though Endo's fiance is still there but hopefully can move on, maybe?

scy

If it makes you feel better I'm turning 30 in like 2 weeks.

26 myself, 27 later this year.

Let me guess - more "smut" where nobody has sex, right?

(Safe) Smut in a nutshell.

At least My Balls had a reason for there to be "no sex." Then again, My Balls ended with the MC marathon-fucking female Satan.

My Balls was terrible though
I just hate the girl that won

I didnt know people here were really that old, though perhaps that is why people hold an altered view and antiquated value of friendship in manga/anime.

We just don't have any friends.

Bikkuri suru hodo Doji na Koi 1
tumblr_mhcdj8AiLa1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Liked how this childhood friends/best friends story at least turned out and focused on for the start. Typically would like the build up to getting one to get the courage to make the confession but starting out with it and seeing how they deal with being apart while Nao works out his feelings to make a response made it really funny and kind of sweet at the end. Tom is just so clumsy without him and seemed to be unable to think of Nao which really made me laugh quite a bit when he would look messy, walk into stuff and doors, and etc. Then Nao not confronting his own feelings still somehow felt jealous, I wonder if he will get feelings in the next chapters. Oh well friends at the start and friends at the end.

Kurita

Sweet Blue Flowers vol.1
Cute love stories with cute girls in love with other cute girls. Cute art, cute cover, cute everything.
Cute/10

You should most likely start Katekyo Hitman Reborn as it was one of the best series running in JUMP through the current generation and Tsuna still remains its best protagonists thus far. How could a series with such a character even be, not good? Simply impossible.

tumblr_lec883DSOK1qeij4xo1_500.jpg

Its a really good story with lots of action adn comedy throughout and one of the manga's best artists leading the way in really good and lovable character designs and action. Sure it may start slow but its a kind of a funny slice of life type thing with all the funny characters, really silly events, and method of powering up. Its well worth reading and checking out and dont really know why people are just so bitter about the manga and the entire journey we went through with it. It had many memorable moments, answered just about every question the franchise introduced, and even had smart and thoughtful character development.

Ezalc

Read Jojo, Reborn has a fucking terrible ending.

EDIT: Never listen to DTL is my suggestion.

Yonafunu

Both are good. Also why the hell are you suddenly stating that my opinion is wrong? I would understand if it was a fact but it's a pure opinion.

It was a joke. A bad one.
And yeah, they're both really good, I just prefer the characters and plot in Lucifer.

Don't read Reborn. It was ok in the beginning, but dear lord does it get bad. It actually gets worse the further you get. It's really bad.

If you're into sports manga you should read Slam Dunk. Scratch that, read Slam Dunk anyway. One of the best ever.
Jojo is good too.

Pokemon Adventures 456

Oh God the last panel.

Definitely did not expect
Lance
Giovanni
, and
Pryce
to show up.

Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei 14

Really love it when they go chibi for the explanations.

bigkrev

I love Yu-Gi-Oh! (the original manga, did not watch/read the spin-offs), actually it's one lf my favorite shonens ever.
But I have to admit that some designs in the series are just... Huh, yeah, overdesigned.

Early Yugioh (vol 1-7ish, before the big card stuff starts) is probably my favorite shonen series ever, but that's also because I was like 16 when it was being published here, and I was in love with all the design elements that now are total turn offs for me. My first real "I'm too old" moment came when I saw the design for Yuma in Zexal, and nearly had an aneurysm.

Kurita

Early Yugioh (vol 1-7ish, before the big card stuff starts) is probably my favorite shonen series ever, but that's also because I was like 16 when it was being published here, and I was in love with all the design elements that now are total turn offs for me. My first real "I'm too old" moment came when I saw the design for Yuma in Zexal, and nearly had an aneurysm.

Yeah, early Yu-Gi-Oh was amazing.
But still, the Battle City arc was such a great arc. I was pretty young (I started reading the manga when I was 8) so I'm 100% sure that I'm blinded by nostalgia but hey. Loved the shit out of this arc.
I'll never read/watch all that GX/5Ds... stuff, it's just not Yu-Gi-Oh without Yugi and his friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom