• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The real Chekov's Gun here for me was Kurama's chakra. Kishimoto didn't necessarily need to write that part in if it was never going to be important again.

IIRC it's mentioned before that the part of 9-tails' chakra sealed inside the Death God was the "evil" one.

It would be interesting what would happen if it gets transferred back to Naruto, especially since Naruto is already in a chummy relation with her.

neptunes

I see Oro is up to his old tricks again, I'm impressed that Kishi remembered how Hiruzen sealed his arms. Anyone think previous hokages are going to fight again? or are they going to just talk? What could they possibly talk about? And wouldn't Madara rage if he even just saw the first hokage again?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
IIRC it's mentioned before that the part of 9-tails' chakra sealed inside the Death God was the "evil" one.

It would be interesting what would happen if it gets transferred back to Naruto, especially since Naruto is already in a chummy relation with her.

Nope. It's just his "Yin" chakra, which isn't evil. (In Naruto, Yin chakra is what gives you the ability to do genjutsu)

Khezu

Naruto

It's kinda ridiculous how little we know about the Uzumaki clan compared to the Uchiha.
Almost makes me wish the manga wasn't ending and we could get an arc around them, but the manga has just gotten too stupid, it needs to end as fast as humanly possible.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nope. It's just his "Yin" chakra, which isn't evil. (In Naruto, Yin chakra is what gives you the ability to do genjutsu)

I could have sworn it's mentioned somewhere....

Kurama is a girl ??

Traditionally 9-tails are females and often depicted as such in Japanese folklores. In Naruto it maybe a him but I didn't remember it ever being clarified either way so I defaulted on considering Kurama as a she.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Also:

nNfEV5H.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I could have sworn it's mentioned somewhere....

Traditionally 9-tails are females and often depicted as such in Japanese folklores. In Naruto it maybe a him but I didn't remember it ever being clarified either way so I defaulted on considering Kurama as a she.

I think you're misremembering. It was never mentioned that the Yin is evil and Kurama is almost certainly a dude. He has an extremely masculine voice in the anime (they did the same thing to clarify that Deidara was a dude)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I think you're misremembering. It was never mentioned that the Yin is evil and Kurama is almost certainly a dude. He has an extremely masculine voice in the anime (they did the same thing to clarify that Deidara was a dude)

Maybe, maybe. Damn I could have sworn I heard it somewhere though.

Anyways, I don't watch anime at all so I don't know about Kurama's VA. Besides, it would be more interesting somehow to think Kurama as a she, for some reason, hahaha.

Angry Grimace

Naruto is bullshit. Ugh. Just end the series ffs.

He's getting there. I don't know what you expect him to do. Just be like, "and then Sasuke died of a heart attack?"

Anyways, I don't watch anime at all so I don't know about Kurama's VA. Besides, it would be more interesting somehow to think Kurama as a she, for some reason, hahaha.

I'm fairly certain they don't in fact have any real gender.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I remember it, too, having just read the whole manga in like the last few weeks. It was from a particular fan-translation, I think one that just translated "yin" as "evil" since it's the "dark" in yin/yang->dark/light. It's up to interpretation whether Naruto's yin/yang interpretation actually ascribes any evil to yin.

smurfx

get some go again
so sasuke goes to the war with the hokages and takes out madara and tobi easy and then picks a fight with naruto? or will he destroy konoha and then battle naruto when he returns after defeating madara and tobi?

jercruz

Naruto

*facepalm*

all the sacrifices... undone.

well at least the kyuubi can get back its sealed power.... and while we're at it, lets bring back jiraiya as well. at least that'll be OK.

Angry Grimace

so sasuke goes to the war with the hokages and takes out madara and tobi easy and then picks a fight with naruto? or will he destroy konoha and then battle naruto when he returns after defeating madara and tobi?

I'm not sure I see anywhere this logically goes. We need to see what the Hokage say, really. It doesn't seem like it would make a lick of fucking sense for Sasuke to head anywhere near the battlefield that has every single ninja in existence at it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

This would fit with his usual M.O.; fighting people who are already weakened, hahaha.

Naruto

Part of me can't help but feel Kishi partly did this to settle the Internet Fanboy wars on who's *truly* the strongest Hokage.

Should be entertaining.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hey here's a good one. With the Yin chakra now unsealed, and the Sharingan being able to control the Ninetails, and Yin being "darkness," Sasuke will use eyehax to pseudo-Jinchuriki himself with that Chakra and him and Naruto will fight each other with half of the Ninetails chakra, with the half that best suits them.

Awwww shit.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hey here's a good one. With the Yin chakra now unsealed, and the Sharingan being able to control the Ninetails, and Yin being "darkness," Sasuke will use eyehax to pseudo-Jinchuriki himself with that Chakra and him and Naruto will fight each other with half of the Ninetails chakra, with the half that best suits them.

Awwww shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sasuke is gifted with that half Kurama chakra actually. Seems like something that Kishi would pull off.

I'm going with Sasuke helping out to defeat Uchiha Itachi, with him and Naruto promising to fight it out later. He'll go missing during the battle, presumed dead.

Years later, Naruto is now the Hokage and Sasuke has been spotted entering Konoha. They meet up and the manga ends with:

rocky-iii.jpg

Also a movie will come out a year later with them battling it out.

Angry Grimace

How would Sasuke even get that? And why am I trying to apply logic?

You mean, how the fuck would that occur given Minato wasn't even able to do it without practically killing himself?

By using his Edo Tensei Minato, obviously. /troll

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hey here's ANOTHER thing. Edo-Tensei is the 2nd's technique. When they dispel it he can do just like Madara, and become invincible and immortal forever. He's probably fine with going back to being dead, though.

neptunes

Hey here's ANOTHER thing. Edo-Tensei is the 2nd's technique. When they dispel it he can do just like Madara, and become invincible and immortal forever. He's probably fine with going back to being dead, though.
They both were, I'm eager to see the first and the 4th interact, I'm starting to get a feeling that they won't be used in battle. The sole purpose of their resurrection is just for information, it's the only way the rest of the manga can make sense.

Angry Grimace

I still presume he's evil.

Looking back at Hashirama and Tobirama, they sucked when they fought Hiruzen. I mean Madara just blew away power levels and made kages look like chumps.

So the 1st and 2nd have a lot to prove. I'm really looking forward to more reactions from people on this chapter.

Angry Grimace

Looking back at Hashirama and Tobirama, they sucked when they fought Hiruzen. I mean Madara just blew away power levels and made kages look like chumps.

So the 1st and 2nd have a lot to prove. I'm really looking forward to more reactions from people on this chapter.

Everyone goes on and on about how that fight was the best one. They didn't suck, they just didn't have Majin Buu levels of power.

Kabuto

Bleach
So Kenpachi is basically a Saiyan. Also it's pretty sad that a captain could have been beaten by a child.
I don't think Unohana is dead yet because we haven't even seen her Shikai yet.
Hoping that next chapter we can see a new form of it.

Mr. Fix

Naruto

What a load of shit.

Whatever, at the very least give us a god damn fight that was just as good as the Kage battle during Part 1. I don't even care anymore.

upandaway

One Piece stuff

- Gang of super racist Fishmen who are racist for no reason than the fact that they were written to be racist (wow, this was even an actual plot point at the end where they acknowledge they had no reason to be racist at all!) and they suck so much they have to take steroids to actually beat anyone up. Steroids which make them... get older and older each time they use them! Lulz.
I actually really like the fact they had no reason to be racist (as in, no personal reason). By itself it would be pretty dumb, but it's connected to what the queen was saying about how they should not pass it on to their kids. Then, it's one of those kids who kills her, and it's the root of the whole issue.
If it was anything else it wouldn't have worked.

Anything else about them.. I didn't care too much for, but at least that was pretty neat.

I don't remember if you said anything about it but I also really liked the Koala scenes, especially when they first took her in.

So Rookie has been near the bottom almost every week it's been up for a rating except last week right? Means the series is probably going to die unless volume sales explode
We've got till April/May. There's still one empty spot so they don't have to cancel 3 manga for the Gold Future Cup... but if they're saving it for HxH, then they might cancel 3.

Angry Grimace

Bleach

That was a lot of pages to explain that relatively boring plot point.

Naruto

First thing I thought was " ... Eyeballs boy is gonna get the other half of the fox, aint he?".

Then I thought "... Wait, I wonder if the fox's half is just gonna fly right to Naruto and give him that hexy boost that's gonna end this war. Does Oro or any of them know that half of the Fox was sealed inside there anyway?"

Now Im like "... W/E, Kish gonna be Kish."

Angry Grimace

Naruto

First thing I thought was " ... Eyeballs boy is gonna get the other half of the fox, aint he?".

Then I thought "... Wait, I wonder if the fox's half is just gonna fly right to Naruto and give him that hexy boost that's gonna end this war. Does Oro or any of them know that half of the Fox was sealed inside there anyway?"

Now Im like "... W/E, Kish gonna be Kish."

I don't think the other half of the fox is a sentient entity (although I guess it could be, although that would be kind of nutty)

Mr. Fix

So we can expect downtime after the war to make time for this? I was hoping Kishi would tackle it all in one go. Naruto could have easily ended sooner if Sasuke joined the current war and didn't bring back Orochimaru. His resolve probably won't even change.

Bleach

I can't believe how boring Kubo made this fight. It's ridiculous to think that Zaraki, as a kid, was already stronger than the strongest Kenpachi at that time.

He's basically getting stronger and stronger now, without learning anything new. It's such lazy writing. He defeated Nnotira by using his sword with both hands (lolol) and he can't do the same now?

Angry Grimace

So we can expect downtime after the war to make time for this? I was hoping Kishi would tackle it all in one go. Naruto could have easily ended sooner if Sasuke joined the current war and didn't bring back Orochimaru. His resolve probably won't even change.

There's no way to say until we know what the Four Hokage who "know everything" say whatever the fuck they have to say. Just to fuck with us, I'm assuming Sasuke will learn something emo and then fight Orochimaru. Now that he's both alive, has four Hokage thrall and has his arms back, it would be overly absurd if he just wandered off. As much as Kishi acts like this shit is ending, there's more bad guys popping up.

Bleach

I can't believe how boring Kubo made this fight. It's ridiculous to think that Zaraki, as a kid, was already stronger than the strongest Kenpachi at that time.

He's basically getting stronger and stronger now, without learning anything new. It's such lazy writing. He defeated Nnotira by using his sword with both hands (lolol) and he can't do the same now?

Bleach at its worst has 5 pages of plot in 20 pages of story, which is what happened this week. This "fight" isn't even entertaining (since neither of them are gonna die) and the reveal about Unohana happened well before this fight even started.

iOXNMK9gyJOUI.gif

Naruto man, shouldn't the Second Hokage beable to cancel out the Edo Tensei like Madara since he did create it afterall.

They don't have free control of their actions unless Orochimaru gives it to them, and there's no reason that he would because he's supposedly not as much of an idiot as Kabuto.

I don't think the other half of the fox is a sentient entity (although I guess it could be, although that would be kind of nutty)

Bleach

That was a lot of pages to explain that relatively boring plot point.

That's ... pretty much the Bleach manga in a nutshell :/

And the Yang half is sentient so idk ... but I simply hope it goes to Naruto and not Eyeboy.

Having Rhodey just jump into the Warmachine suit and operate it perfectly when it took Tony a fat chunk of the first movie to figure that out really shat up IronMan 2 ... I just don't think I can read any more of Naruto if Eyeboy gets his own Fox half so that they can DBZ it up.

Oh ... and am I the only person having a hard time following witch of them are thinking in witch panels for this chap of Bleach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom