• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's ... pretty much the Bleach manga in a nutshell :/

And the Yang half is sentient so idk ... but I simply hope it goes to Naruto and not Eyeboy.

Having Rhodey just jump into the Warmachine suit and operate it perfectly when it took Tony a fat chunk of the first movie to figure that out really shat up IronMan 2 ... I just don't think I can read any more of Naruto if Eyeboy gets his own Fox half so that they can DBZ it up.

Oh ... and am I the only person having a hard time following witch of them are thinking in witch panels for this chap of Bleach?

I don't think its "the Yang half" so to speak, I think its just the Fox itself. Its described as a mass of chakra, but it obviously isn't that simple since it has a personality. I'm totally speculating though. I find it rather unlikely you could just split them up like earthworms.
Naruto

I don't think the hokages will actually end up fighting on the battlefield.

Bleach

So Kenpachi>Ichigo?

Its a cop-out to make Kenpachi generically stronger without actually learning anything new.

Mr. Fix

There's no way to say until we know what the Four Hokage who "know everything" say whatever the fuck they have to say. Just to fuck with us, I'm assuming Sasuke will learn something emo and then fight Orochimaru. Now that he's both alive, has four Hokage thrall and has his arms back, it would be overly absurd if he just wandered off. As much as Kishi acts like this shit is ending, there's more bad guys popping up.

I never considered this. I initially wrote them returning to the war as a possibility off because Orochimaru said that he had no interest in it. Orochimaru has control over the 4th though, and it's a no-brainer that Naruto'll be the one to fight him, so how Sauce'll win is beyond me, but I don't have any reason to doubt the powers of an Uchiha anyway.

So Kenpachi>Ichigo?

:lol

For now.

There's no way to say until we know what the Four Hokage who "know everything" say whatever the fuck they have to say. Just to fuck with us, I'm assuming Sasuke will learn something emo and then fight Orochimaru. Now that he's both alive, has four Hokage thrall and has his arms back, it would be overly absurd if he just wandered off. As much as Kishi acts like this shit is ending, there's more bad guys popping up.

I doubt Orochimaru would risk summoning them, when they could turn Sasuke against him.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Naruto
Did kishimoto just retcon one of his series' core principles? For sasuke plot exposition? Again?

Bleach
Did kubo just fix his series' past broken ass power levels by making a character completely broken ass?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I never considered this. I initially wrote them returning to the war as a possibility off because Orochimaru said that he had no interest in it. Orochimaru has control over the 4th though, and it's a no-brainer that Naruto'll be the one to fight him, so how Sauce'll win is beyond me, but I don't have any reason to doubt the powers of an Uchiha anyway.

Kabuto seemed really interested in Zetsu for whatever reason and Orochimaru absorbed his knowledge (right). Maybe his secret plan was to get one of those Zetsu bodies. I don't really know, I just consider it highly unlikely Orochimaru isn't going to fight someone now that Kishi went out of his way to make him both alive and more powerful than ever.

I also find it kind of unlikely that Sasuke/Orochimaru is just going to pop into the middle of Madara's match and hit him with a Shun Goku Satsu and then fight Naruto in his place.

They don't have free control of their actions unless Orochimaru gives it to them, and there's no reason that he would because he's supposedly not as much of an idiot as Kabuto.

Orochimaru said he wasn't interested in the war previously, not seeing why he would change his mind. All in all he seems pretty neutral now.

If anything, I could see the 4th being worried about the yang chakra flying back to Naruto overwhelming him, and the four convincing Sasuke to fight him to save him. Not breaking bonds and all that crap, will of fire being loyal to the leaf...

Don't see any other point in chatting to them if he's not going to change his resolve.

Angry Grimace

Orochimaru said he wasn't interested in the war previously, not seeing why he would change his mind. All in all he seems pretty neutral now.

If anything, I could see the 4th being worried about the yang chakra flying back to Naruto overwhelming him, and the four convincing Sasuke to fight him to save him. Not breaking bonds and all that crap, will of fire being loyal to the leaf...

Don't see any other point in chatting to them if he's not going to change his resolve.

Ostensibly they know the secret history of the Uchiha to fuel Sasuke's inner emo. It doesn't really matter what they say, he's going to continue being an overly emotional, irrational prick since he has to fight Naruto and it wouldn't make sense to turn good prior to fighting him.

Bleach

So, instead of Kubo having Kenpachi actually learn how to control his bloodlust and have him earn his power...instead it's just two chapters of him getting killed and coming back stronger like a Saiyan.

Jesus Christ

GG-Duo

I forgot why Sasuke is doing this... Is he still trying to destroy the Leaf village? (which was so emo and stupid that I tried to push it out of my mind)

Mr. Fix

Kabuto seemed really interested in Zetsu for whatever reason and Orochimaru absorbed his knowledge (right). Maybe his secret plan was to get one of those Zetsu bodies. I don't really know, I just consider it highly unlikely Orochimaru isn't going to fight someone now that Kishi went out of his way to make him both alive and more powerful than ever.

I also find it kind of unlikely that Sasuke/Orochimaru is just going to pop into the middle of Madara's match and hit him with a Shun Goku Satsu and then fight Naruto in his place.

Even if it is BS, there are opportunities I'm sure even Kishi can't pass up. The First Hokage and Madara as well as the Fourth and Naruto & Obito. Real question for Kishi is: Will it blend? And most importantly for me is that the OG-Kage fights aren't treated like 5th rate trash like the other Edo Kage ones.

I forgot why Sasuke is doing this... Is he still trying to destroy the Leaf village? (which was so emo and stupid that I tried to push it out of my mind)

Itachi softened that puppy up. Dude's in desperate need for a reason to destroy the village right now.

grandjedi6

Are you talking about the summoned 1st and 2nd hokage, which were already summoned and then sealed away?
I'm talking about the cutting open of the death gods stomach. You think if its that easy someone would have done it by now. Really ruins the whole eternal damnation sacrifice and all

Angry Grimace

He's looking for reasons to destroy the village. He basically said, "I'm doing this for my brother; fuck my brother's wishes."

I'm talking about the cutting open of the death gods stomach. You think if its that easy someone would have done it by now. Really ruins the whole eternal damnation sacrifice and all

The "catch" here is that someone has to be sacrificed, but that's kind of...stupid. You can just kill the Shinigami? What?

Naruto

A mask from the Uzumaki temples lets you become the death god...wut, orochimaru conveniently got Kabutos memories as well lol. a simple sword can cut open his stomach? really? I guess it was only a matter of time until all the hokages came back, C+ overall since it's nice to see old faces

Even if it is BS, there are opportunities I'm sure even Kishi can't pass up. The First Hokage and Madara as well as the Fourth and Naruto & Obito. Real question for Kishi is: Will it blend? And most importantly for me is that the OG-Kage fights aren't treated like 5th rate trash like the other Edo Kage ones.

I'd laugh my ass of if some of the fights were fought off panel, like the one with Kakashi against the 7 Sword Men.

Angry Grimace

I'd laugh my ass of if some of the fights were fought off panel, like the one with Kakashi against the 7 Sword Men.

Hashirama will get killed off panel a second time (if you recall, the reason for his death was that he just got killed in some random war, which seems unlikely given how much Madara practically jerks off to his memory)

Hashirama will get killed off panel a second time (if you recall, the reason for his death was that he just got killed in some random war, which seems unlikely given how much Madara practically jerks off to his memory)

Just remembered that there's a clone of his body somewhere with no consciousness.

Be great if he ended up in that.

Angry Grimace

I actually didn't even notice that Orochimaru just says in a panel he has their DNA collected. I guess I didn't even notice that part.

GG-Duo

He's looking for reasons to destroy the village. He basically said, "I'm doing this for my brother; fuck my brother's wishes."

Ahh.... Fuck. Yeah that was the stupidity i was referring to. His brother dies in front of him, tells him he shouldn't hate the village, and he ignores all of that and continues his mission. Right.

Angry Grimace

I just realised something. Why would kishi bring out 6 zetsu if he only needed 5? The one Juugo absorbed will be given to Sasuke to give him the Rinnegan. :/ oh joy.
Uzumaki mask.

Sasuke already had them.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Man, the third's face would be hilarious.

"I sacrificed myself to seal those two previous Hokages inside the Death God to foil Orochimaru but now I am summoned from inside the Death God along with those two Hokages I lost my life in sealing by Orochimaru?"

LOL. Poor old bastard.

Desmond

You know who else is with him? That other guy, Kakashi's replacement. And speaking of Team 7 B, where the hell is Sai? Am I the only one who actually misses that guy?
Yamato? I miss him. I still hope he'll get powered up somehow by the First's cells.
Sai with Naruto and Kakashi is he not?

Kabuto

One Piece
Damn, Law is blackmailing Doflamingo. I love how he just left their heads there to die haha.
The problem with his blackmail is that he just wanted the NEWSPAPER to say Doflamingo quit being a warlord; Doflamingo could just manipulate the newspaper editors to make Law happy.
The part where G-5 was crying got me right in the feels.

EDIT: I'm a member now. sweeeet.

rouken

One Piece

Law really got a hold of Doflamingo now, wondering if he will accept his terms.
Also I really want to see Law's crew now, I hope they are on the next island.

Erigu

[Naruto]
I wouldn't be surprised if Sasuke is gifted with that half Kurama chakra actually. Seems like something that Kishi would pull off.
I wouldn't be surprised if he had it already.

We never saw the Shinigami swallow Minato and the yin chakra of Kurama: the manga (conveniently?) cut away just before that.
Sasuke and Itachi were alone when all that went down.
The yang half of Kurama warned Sasuke against killing Naruto, hinting at negative repercussions for him.
Obito promised Sasuke a tailed beast (his idea of humor? maybe Sasuke had already been given his reward at that point?).
Obito said he wanted to pit Naruto against Sasuke (so Kurama would be whole again?).
Karin sensed a different, dark chakra inside Sasuke in the Country of Iron, and then sensed the same chakra deep inside Naruto upon meeting him.
Naruto insisted that only he could fight Sasuke without explaining his friends why (Sakura even wondered what he was hiding from them), after having said out of the blue that they would both die if they had to fight to the end (everybody was surprised, except Obito whose only reaction was "..."). During that episode, Naruto thinks to himself "inside of Sasuke, too...".
The giant toad thing hinted at "something" happening if Naruto were to fight Sasuke, and Naruto replied that "he knew", and that he did understand what he was up against.
And now, we don't see anything else escape from the Shinigami's belly, aside from the former Hokage and Orochimaru's arms.

Yamato? I miss him. I still hope he'll get powered up somehow by the First's cells.
Sai with Naruto and Kakashi is he not?

Right, Yamamoto. I never really liked him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he got a power-up, too. Naruto turned into Oprah these last few chapters, so he should get a power-up as well, to make it fair.

I don't remember Sai's last appearance.

Sasuke

lol so Sarutobi sacrifice was pointless

Bleach

So Kenpachi is the strongest and become weak because nobody could match him.

One Piece

Law is a glorious bastard, I wonder what Doflamingo will do.

Uchina

F- That was bad, rip it a new ass hole stat flow!

Dragon Bleach Z

Honestly I'm okay with this plot point despite the fact it's a carbon copy of Dende healing Vegeta over and over again (except Dende wasn't a badass like Unohana). It'll be scary to see how much stronger Kenpachi will become once his power is fully unchained.

One Piece

Dragged out the crap with the kids and G-5 too long, ending was great though can't wait to see Doflammingo come charging in there like a mad men to get back Ceasar and destroy Law.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
How I long for Naruto and Bleach to end soon, theyre both supposedly in their final arc but these shitshows continue to shitten even worse each week.

Zeppu

One Piece

Frame of the week:

uGAXWgv.png

grandjedi6

One Piece
Law has given doflamingo a sort-of sophie's choice: either he stays a warlord and gets destroyed by Kaido or he quits as a warlord and gets destroyed by Akainu and Kizaru.

I'm not sure what Law gets out of it though besides the glee of grudge-fucking Doflamingo

duckroll

One Piece - Punk Hazard Arc

Now that was a really enjoyable arc. If this is a taste of what the New World is like, I can't wait to see what's next. This isn't even an actual destination, but a sort of side trip. If Fishman Island reminded me of Skypiea, then this reminds me of Thriller Bark. It's an unplanned stop which is very creatively different - this time with scifi overtones and dragons, but at the same time it seems to have significant foreshadowing of what is to come for the next few(?) arcs. The alliances and consequences of the events here will no doubt set the stage for major events in the near future.

There are so many great parts in the arc I don't really know where to start. Dragons are awesome. Law is a really cool character who's probably the best major addition to the story in a long while. Learning more about Vegapunk's research and the scale of technology the Marines are studying is a great theme for a story arc too, especially since it's a subject which has been largely left undisclosed in detail until now. Watching Marines and Pirates forced to work together is always fun, and Ceaser Clown was really quite an impressive villain for the arc for a new character.

In short, this arc delivered all the things which I felt was lacking in Fishman Island, while also feeling unique and refreshing in its own way both in the setting and in the themes. While it can't really be compared to the most emotional arcs I enjoy like Arlong Park, Alabasta, and Enies Lobby, for what it is it's a fantastic adventure arc.

Akito

Naruto
Oh lawl, Kishi went full fan fiction here. Can't wait to witness Madara x Harashima.

Bleach
This is beyond dumb, kiddy Zaraki was already stronger than one of the strongest member of Gotei 13/the most violent one? Novel Zaraki is kanon after all?

One Piece
The farewell scene was nice, those G5 dudes haha. Law is the best, so cunning.

rouken

One Piece - Punk Hazard Arc

Now that was a really enjoyable arc. If this is a taste of what the New World is like, I can't wait to see what's next. This isn't even an actual destination, but a sort of side trip. If Fishman Island reminded me of Skypiea, then this reminds me of Thriller Bark. It's an unplanned stop which is very creatively different - this time with scifi overtones and dragons, but at the same time it seems to have significant foreshadowing of what is to come for the next few(?) arcs. The alliances and consequences of the events here will no doubt set the stage for major events in the near future.

There are so many great parts in the arc I don't really know where to start. Dragons are awesome. Law is a really cool character who's probably the best major addition to the story in a long while. Learning more about Vegapunk's research and the scale of technology the Marines are studying is a great theme for a story arc too, especially since it's a subject which has been largely left undisclosed in detail until now. Watching Marines and Pirates forced to work together is always fun, and Ceaser Clown was really quite an impressive villain for the arc for a new character.

In short, this arc delivered all the things which I felt was lacking in Fishman Island, while also feeling unique and refreshing in its own way both in the setting and in the themes. While it can't really be compared to the most emotional arcs I enjoy like Arlong Park, Alabasta, and Enies Lobby, for what it is it's a fantastic adventure arc.

wow, im actually surprised you had fun with the arc. it really is better when you're reading it in one go isn't it? most folks here go are bored out of their minds every week since punk hazard started. lol. and i agree about ceaser clown, he was impressive in his own right in a way that he differs from those other past villian in terms of overall strength and goal in the arc.

Naruto

Really cool chapter. Sasuke standing atop the water tank taking in the sights of the hidden leaf village brought a smile to my face. After so long he has finally returned. Hopefully this wont be the last time we see him there. Perhaps the next will be hand in hand with Naruto with the village gladly welcoming them back as the new leaders of the future generation of the village. Additional minor likeable moments were Suigetsu commenting about the usage of chakra to move a boulder as well as well as his commentary to Lord Orochimaru leading the statement implying that he was now Sasuke's snakes.

Kishimoto bringing us the Yellow Flash of Konoha, Minato, and the other hokage was surprising. I had never expected them to be revived. Hopefully this means we get a Naruto/Minato team fight going on. Sarutobi sensei could team up with Lord Orochimaru and ultimately a first and second hokage v Madara would be awesome. This arc could really last a long time now.

Naruto

Really cool chapter. Sasuke standing atop the water tank taking in the sights of the hidden leaf village brought a smile to my face. After so long he has finally returned. Hopefully this wont be the last time we see him there. Perhaps the next will be hand in hand with Naruto with the village gladly welcoming them back as the new leaders of the future generation of the village. Additional minor likeable moments were Suigetsu commenting about the usage of chakra to move a boulder as well as well as his commentary to Lord Orochimaru leading the statement implying that he was now Sasuke's snakes.

Kishimoto bringing us the Yellow Flash of Konoha, Minato, and the other hokage was surprising. I had never expected them to be revived. Hopefully this means we get a Naruto/Minato team fight going on. Sarutobi sensei could team up with Lord Orochimaru and ultimately a first and second hokage v Madara would be awesome. This arc could really last a long time now.

Yeah, Sarutobi will be happy to be back and fight with his apprentice against the real evil. They'll probably make out after the fight, too.

Yonafunu

Naruto

The chapter wasn't that bad...aside from the ridiculous asspulls.

Bleach

I enjoyed it. Zaraki-chan was cute.

One Piece

Law is a baws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom