• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm still suspicious that Aguirre and DTL are the same person.

dwZ8kYm.gif

Fox318

I've never read or even seen an episode of Bleach. Why is it called bleach anyway? Something to do with cleaning?

Should I check it out?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I've never read or even seen an episode of Bleach. Why is it called bleach anyway? Something to do with cleaning?

Should I check it out?

Yeah it's about a maid service that uses cleaning products to wipe spirits off the face of the earth.

Mehruto

I feel like I am so numb to this series. This shit doesn't even bother me anymore. Just end.

Bleach

Kind of disappointed in the flashback. Don't know what I was expecting exactly but it seemed kind of pointless if all it was going to show was both of them getting their scars.

One Piece

The first half was ok, made good mostly by Luffy and G5's interactions. The second half was Law being a badass with an awesome din-din mushi, enough said.

Guessing Doflamingo won't step down and will just try to hunt down Law. Getting more interested in why he is specifically called "Young Master".

Tamanon

Banned

Should I check it out?

Supposedly it was named that because the Main Character bleached his hair, that's it. It's a shounen manga/anime and basically consists of fights between different characters. I enjoy it personally and would suggest at least giving it a shot.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
one piece

First half is utter shit. What a waste. Second half of the chapter was really good. Seeing the Joker this upset is really a treat.

Waaat? The first half was classic One Piece. Nice final wrap up on Punk Hazard.

The second half was damn awesome, though. Having Law (and probably Kinemon and Momonosuke) around semi-permanently for the foreseeable future would be great.

And watching troll masters get expertly trolled is some of the most delicious Schadenfreude around.

Steroyd

One Piece

Taking the law into his own hands...

One Piece

Law Doflamingo having previous history seemed like it just came from nowhere unless I missed something, but what would they be working together for, or for that matter, why would Traffy need to get involved without Doflamingo. Would all three be necessary to get involved with Kaidou. This is really getting quite complex too fast.

Damn son, this is just like that time when you questioned why there was random unnecessary fanservice in Fairy Tail.

Kuroko no Basket 199

Very strange feelings to this chapter, on one hand it's going to be a very tense next chapter, but at the same time I want this over with already, break Kise's technique and be done with it.

Supposedly it was named that because the Main Character bleached his hair, that's it. It's a shounen manga/anime and basically consists of fights between different characters. I enjoy it personally and would suggest at least giving it a shot.

No. It was called Bleach because shinigami wear black and he wanted the title to be the opposite.

Should I check it out?

YES. By far the best art and best characters in shonen.

Yonafunu

So clean there's no background.

Ohohohohoho

GAF, what should I read next? I'm thinking about Magi since I feel like reading a basic shounen, but I'm also really craving for something really good, so then there's 7 Seeds.
I should add that I'm not really into shoujo and the usually accompanying artstyles (at all).
Also, I'm definitely going to read both, I'm just wondering which one to start with.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
We should have a poll or something to see who reads the big three cause they actually enjoy them.

Cause I enjoy them. And not "enjoy to watch the trainwreck that is their shit," actually enjoy them! I feel a bit like I am coming out of the closet here with the "people who like them have no brains" sentiment that is so prevalent in here, but hey, there it is.

I don't even know how to process the F- crowd, I'll tell ya. People got some emotional problems up in here.

Ohohohohoho

GAF, what should I read next? I'm thinking about Magi since I feel like reading a basic shounen, but I'm also really craving for something really good, so then there's 7 Seeds.
I should add that I'm not really into shoujo and the usually accompanying artstyles (at all).
Also, I'm definitely going to read both, I'm just wondering which one to start with.

So Magi

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
you have a problem man

this thing you do

this thing

this thing right here

youre addicted

I honestly don't mind I just wanted to point it out.

Yonafunu

We should have a poll or something to see who reads the big three cause they actually enjoy them.

Cause I enjoy them. And not "enjoy to watch the trainwreck that is their shit," actually enjoy them! I feel a bit like I am coming out of the closet here with the "people who like them have no brains" sentiment that is so prevalent in here, but hey, there it is.

I don't even know how to process the F- crowd, I'll tell ya. People got some emotional problems up in here.

Same here. Except for Naruto. I'm completely numb to that one. Nothing even fazes me anymore.

Big One

Banned
Naruto F

Remember when Angry Grimace said to give this manga some time to explain the asspulls?

Yeah I want an apology for that.

Bleach B

Solid chapter, but this backstory would've been better juxtaposed on a character we actually care about. I don't get why Unohana has to have more than a bankai reveal.

One Piece A

Boss ass chapter. Great closure to the arc. Fantastic character interactions and manly tears. What more can you ask for?

upandaway

you have a problem man

this thing you do

this thing

this thing right here

youre addicted

I honestly don't mind I just wanted to point it out.
My enter key dreams of becoming the strongest key.

I try to edit them out but I just get distracted by writing more nonsense in the edit box. I like to think that the entirety of the text field is my arena and that I am not restricted by mere... uh.. good paragraph structure.
In any case, if you thought you were out pointing something I was not aware of, YOU WERE FOILED!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well the truth is that yes. I thought it was an odd question, the time people asked me on tumblr I got tons of hate messages, hopefully people here dont now :/

Eh, we'll make fun of you for your taste in manga not for any of the other stuff.

Sometimes you just need to hate something. Same reason I used to read KNIM and why I'll go back to it. Need that rage.

It's found an amazing new facet of rage to tap now too. The rage that nothing happens anymore and yet the manga is allowed to live. It's potent shit.

scy

I poke fun at them just like everyone else but I don't really mind them. They're enjoyable for what they are and I go in with certain expectations that they usually meet.

Though, really, I'm still left a little confused at this week's Naruto being an entire plot arc (and then some) reduced a single chapter.

Seems like most members here are not like you.

I'll keep reading things that are trainwrecks or bad just because I'm already reading them. So hard to stop reading things :(

Are there any other series like Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer? I finished it a while back and don't have anything else to read for a while. Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom