• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Well the truth is that yes. I thought it was an odd question, the time people asked me on tumblr I got tons of hate messages, hopefully people here dont now :/

Shouldn't happen because we have Gaygaf in OT somehwere.

Still doesn't explain your pure hatred of the female species, and why it matters if characters are non-human, so it'll be business as usual. :p

Fox318

Well the truth is that yes. I thought it was an odd question, the time people asked me on tumblr I got tons of hate messages, hopefully people here dont now :/

Fuck that shit.

We may make fun of your manga tastes eventually leading to a high school drama where everyone is a giant penis but we wouldn't make fun of who you are.

Now if you excuse me I'm going to read the manga about a high school where people are giant breasts.

Kurita

Fuck that shit.

We may make fun of your manga tastes eventually leading to a high school drama where everyone is a giant penis but we wouldn't make fun of who you are.

Now if you excuse me I'm going to read the manga about a high school where people are giant breasts.

Wut

It's found an amazing new facet of rage to tap now too. The rage that nothing happens anymore and yet the manga is allowed to live. It's potent shit.

I think I even enjoyed the first 50 or so chapters, before they moved to Tokyo and started college. Then I understood why everyone else called it Rage Town.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuck that shit.

I think we found a new recommendation for smutGAF.

I think I even enjoyed the first 50 or so chapters, before they moved to Tokyo and started college.

That's about when it went off the rails for most people. The last 10-15 chapters though have had nothing happen, literally nothing. Like less than a slice of life series. It's infuriating.

DTL you're our nakama! We've got your back if anyone ever gives you shit about your sexuality.

Fuck that shit.

:O Is this really a thing?

Kusagari

Sometimes you just need to hate something. Same reason I used to read KNIM and why I'll go back to it. Need that rage.

I seriously must have a problem. I largely look forward to the manga that make me rage than the ones I actually like every week.

Maybe I'm just a tsundere for Naruto, KNIM, etc.

IHaveIce

Banned
What? Don't worry DTL nobody here will (or at least I hope so) hate on you because of your sexual preferences.

Your mangataste on the other hand ;)

Also I need the manga where the people ARE giant breasts.

A man can dream.

OGnDTt0.png

scy

I'd really hope none of us give you shit for it. We just like to hate on your manga tastes. Every thread has "that guy" (/ "that gal", if relevant).

...basically, we're all bullies.

Fuck that shit.

SmutGAF is on the case.

Actually he wants your back.

Man-ga-gaf: When the Servers are down

So GAF becomes an orgy during outages?

Hrm.

Fox318

As a lifetime hopeless romantic despite having been in head over heals love with a woman for over 4.5 years now any recommendations for some good romance?

Pyrokles

Neo Member
We should have a poll or something to see who reads the big three cause they actually enjoy them.

Cause I enjoy them. And not "enjoy to watch the trainwreck that is their shit," actually enjoy them! I feel a bit like I am coming out of the closet here with the "people who like them have no brains" sentiment that is so prevalent in here, but hey, there it is.

I don't even know how to process the F- crowd, I'll tell ya. People got some emotional problems up in here.

I'm still reading One Piece 'cause I enjoy it a lot despite my love for it being tested recently. It's also still my favorite manga, though I'm biased about it as it's been my first non-TV broadcast anime after I didn't want to wait for the episodes anymore which made me watch more anime and later start reading manga. I used to read the usual suspects like Bleach, Naruto and Fairy Tail since I enjoyed them at first (read them practically right after One Piece so I was young, ignorant and wanted more shonen) but grew more and more indifferent over time. I didn't even enjoy them in a "need to see the trainwreck" way like Sword Art Online (just had to mention it in this context :p) and I dropped them a while after losing interest.

I'll keep reading things that are trainwrecks or bad just because I'm already reading them. So hard to stop reading things :(

Once you've dropped one thing, it gets easier the more you drop. I would definitely be wary of trying new manga if I knew I couldn't drop them, so I'm glad I can just drop stuff.

Are there any other series like Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer? I finished it a while back and don't have anything else to read for a while. Recommendations?

Try Sengoku Youko. It's not quite like it but it's done by the same mangaka as Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer.

One Piece 697

I didn't like the children plot while Punk Hazard was going mostly because it used too much time/space and that complaint goes for this chapter as well. Though I liked how Oda ended that part and it was probably my favorite part of that subplot due to the Marines' struggling with liking pirates and the children not wanting to conform to the pirates = evil, Marines = good view (I know it's cliché especially for One Piece, but I like that kinda stuff).

The second half was pretty nice then. However I doubt Doflamingo will accept the deal since the way he's been portrayed so far (thanks for the specific reminder, upandaway) makes it doubtful he'll just throw away his position and instead try going for Law and Ceasar. However I can't fathom how he avoids Kaidou since I doubt manipulating Kaidou is out of the question with the way he has been described this chapter. It's probably using a loophole in Law's ultimatum like someone said with faking a newspaper article.

I also like the idea someone had about Kaidou's Devil Fruit being Mythical Zoan: Model Hydra. It could be similar to Sengoku Youko's Senya.

I now want a Law Den-Den-Mushi replica.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Most Shonen have well endowed women. 'Cept Toriko, but that's because there's hardly any women whatsoever. Even the most recurring one, Rin, is mannish in a way, lol.
Also, I thought it was obvious DTL was gay? No straight guy can read that much Yaoi! Not that it matters anyway. ManGAF judges on manga preferences, not sexual!

Fox318

Most Shonen have well endowed women. 'Cept Toriko, but that's because there's hardly any women whatsoever. Even the most recurring one, Rin, is mannish in a way, lol.
Also, I thought it was obvious DTL was gay? No straight guy can read that much Yaoi! Not that it matters anyway. ManGAF judges on manga preferences, not sexual!

Sakura is the flat chested star ninja.

Who is the most useless character ever.

upandaway

As a lifetime hopeless romantic despite having been in head over heals love with a woman for over 4.5 years now any recommendations for some good romance?
I was debating whether to be all wacky and say "Toriko" because of the mood in the thread right now, or be a serious mcjohn face and say "Katawa Shoujo", then I figured explaining my thought process would be the best way to make me stop wasting so much time on this. I'm so meta.

In the end it didn't work because then I had to choose from 3 options. Does this count as a 4th? Oh man.

scy

Once you've dropped one thing, it gets easier the more you drop. I would definitely be wary of trying new manga if I knew I couldn't drop them, so I'm glad I can just drop stuff.

I just can't. I get attached to characters easily and like to see how things end, even if I probably shouldn't.

That said, I "drop" a lot of things in the sense that I forget I read it. I'm not very active in following things I read :x

upandaway

I just can't. I get attached to characters easily and like to see how things end, even if I probably shouldn't.

That said, I "drop" a lot of things in the sense that I forget I read it. I'm not very active in following things I read :x
Scy that's called dropping things.

It took me a long time to drop Bleach because I had a hard time accepting that the man who wrote the Soul Society arc actually did so by accident and in fact has absolutely no storytelling talent whatsoever.

Pyrokles

Neo Member

Seems contradictory to not follow them if you're attached to the characters, but I get what you mean. I'm either reminded by the newest chapter being discussed here or just going through my reading list after a while and catch up on everything so I never fall too far behind.

Scy that's called dropping things.

Then I drop at least one series every week and pick it up again the next...

Soon to be Anime of the Season Spring, Summer and Fall 2013?

Stinky

What if, now follow me here, there was, don't stop keep reading, a manga where the student council president was
male

upandaway

One Piece

- I still haven't forgotten about that crazy weird X on both Doflamingo's and Mihawk's arms!! Anyone remember that? If it's something important, that could definitely pop up this arc. I remember Mihawk never knew about Doflamingo and Moria so they can't be "that" way, I wonder what it is if it's even anything.
Finally found it, phew.
OqPMXYi.png

FEsbB29.png

If you ask me that's pretty suspicious.
In the process I also found Doflamingo talking about the "New era of Smiles" back in Sabaody. I have NO recollection of that, I could swear this wasn't there back then what the hell. I guess that answers my comment about the new era!
xO78uG1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom