• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't talk about the manga but anime wise GX (sub) did get a lot better and 5ds (sub) was fantastic arguably better then the original series.

Stulaw

TWGOK

DAYUM! X Infinite.

Keima and Yanagi's faces were priceless, Keima may be into 2D girls, but his face was definitely looking at something with a added dimension.

Can't talk about the manga but anime wise GX (sub) did get a lot better and 5ds (sub) was fantastic arguably better then the original series.

If I had to rank, itd be.

1. Battle City/Waking the Dragons
1. GX (best decks, cards, everything, Jaden Yuki was really fun, and Chazz too)
2. 5D's
3. Duelist Kingdom
4. Zexal
5. Dungeon Dice Monsters
6. Original Yugioh (excluding those two arcs).

Rest of yugioh first series was just all over the place and lacked the excitement of when the Egyptian God Cards, Yami Bakura, Marik Ishtar, and co were around. That whole virtual world arc was so awkward. And the rest just got to feel same ole same ole.

Stinky

Aku no Hana (The Flowers of Evil) 27-35

Damn.

Felt compelled to read after every chapter, thats always a good sign. Nakamura showing up with a baseball bat to Kasuga's house.. oh shit. Timeskip came out of nowhere and I would have been annoyed f it actually was Nakamura that he saw (even though I'm sure she is coming back in some form or another).

Seems like the MC is going to drag the popular girl into his spiral of insanity.

Oh and I thought it was funny that his new friends talk about nothing but breasts/girls haha.

2. 5D's
3. Duelist Kingdom
4. Zexal
5. Dungeon Dice Monsters

Rest of yugioh first series was just all over the place and lacked the excitement of when the Egyptian God Cards, Yami Bakura, Marik Ishtar, and co were around. That whole virtual world arc was so awkward. And the rest just got to feel same ole same ole.

Dark Riders arc > Anything else the YGO animes has ever done, though I am glad to see you enjoy GX as much as I do. Jaden (sub) was a pretty entertaining character

Cwarrior

I've only read small parts of yu-gi-oh but I really liked the yu-gi-oh anime 4kids dub.

Maximillion Pegasuses is an awesome villain.

Naruto & Bleach -this week

Seriously kishi and kubo have the same problem both should go back and read there own mangas and work with what they wrote in the past instead of going against it or pull shit out of there asses.

This weeks bleach chapter made me embarrassed to be reading bleach, kenpachi should be just written off and forgotten, the stupidness surrounding him is just too retarded usually only the main characters can get away with having a story that retarded(you've been holding back this whole time).

bigkrev

2. 5D's
3. Duelist Kingdom
4. Zexal
5. Dungeon Dice Monsters

I'd move the bottom 2 up to the top- it was great when it wasn't involving cards. I also kinda like the duelist kingdom arc, because they didn't really have rules so there were always surprises.

If you want to cut your eyes out, read Yugioh R- I swear I just bought it for the cards, but my god is that a terrible manga.

I'd move the bottom 2 up to the top- it was great when it wasn't involving cards. I also kinda like the duelist kingdom arc, because they didn't really have rules so there were always surprises.

If you want to cut your eyes out, read Yugioh R- I swear I just bought it for the cards, but my god is that a terrible manga.

I haven't finished it (for some bizarro reason I own volumes 1, 2, 4 and 5) but from the first two I read it didn't seem that bad. Duels were quick and efficient

What's the plot of YGO R ?

It's set after Battlecity but before Millennium World, Pegasus' son is attempting to resurrect his father and kidnaps Tea/Anzu to do so. He also takes over Kaiba tower to do this so Yugi, Joey, and Kaiba have to duel their way though it. It's been awhile since I read it and I never finished but IIRC that was the set up

Defuser

TWGOK

g3s7fLM.gif

Adult Urara looks mighty fine!!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guys, she's still a kid inside. This is like Yoiko.

Her adult body does not make it okay!

Wiseblade

1. Zexal - Doesn't take itself too seriously most of the time, and Yuma is pretty much the only main character in the series with a remotely realistic deck.
2. GX - Again doesn't take itself too seriously most of the time and is the most self-aware. Jaden blatantly stacks his deck though, there's no way an old-school Elemental Hero deck could ever be that consistent. Masked Heroes are a pretty cool concept.
3. 5Ds - Yusei's synchrons are easily the best MC archetype, but the way new Synchros magicially appear in his Extra Deck does grate after a while. The Synchro mechanic was a shot in the arm the game really needed, too. Turbo duels are just stupid, though.
4 OG - Yusei is lucky and Jaden stacks, but Yugi straight-up cheats. He'll bend the rules, break the rules or even make them up as he goes along if it'll net him the win. Granted, the actual card game didn't exist during the early parts of the story, but that still doesn't excuse Catapult Turtle.

Mr. Fix

4 OG - Yusei is lucky and Jaden stacks, but Yugi straight-up cheats. He'll bend the rules, break the rules or even make them up as he goes along if it'll net him the win.

My friends and I laughed about this. He's also quite a bit of a dick. There was that time when he was dueling that Exodia fraud and he ended up waiting till he lifted the card to call up that Lightforce Sword card. Another one I could remember was during his duel with Kaiba in the semi-finals, though I forgot what the situation was exactly. Like DBZ though, back then we just didn't care about all those problems.

Saprol

My friends and I laughed about this. He's also quite a bit of a dick. There was that time when he was dueling that Exodia fraud and he ended up waiting till he lifted the card to call up that Lightforce Sword card. Another one I could remember was during his duel with Kaiba in the semi-finals, though I forgot what the situation was exactly. Like DBZ though, back then we just didn't care about all those problems.

The Kuriboh nonsense or the part where he somehow fuses his Mammoth Graveyard into the enemy dragon to reduce its attack power? Big plays. LOL

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aku no Hana

Popular girl needs to fucking run right now

She should actually be a teenager like Keima in the present day, so she would look somewhere between her adult appearance and her child appearance.

At least Silver Spoon will be back.

Meh, "adults" and teenagers don't actually look all that different.

OPM

That damn zoom!

This Bang guy seems cool, but I hope Saitama and Genos make him look like a fool.

Also seems like the bad translations are seeping into other manga. Jenusu was kind of annoying.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Cuz I'm psychic.

She'll probably be "cuter" but with less pronounced thighs, hips, and boobs. Shorter too. Right now she looks taller than Yanagi. If Wakaki really wants to mix it up, different hairstyle as well.

I like how you dodged the last question :lol

That said you're probably right. If she even appears at all.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This Bang guy seems cool, but I hope Saitama and Genos make him look like a fool.

I don't think Bang is going to be one of those joke heroes, since he's on one of the OPM splash pics. He'll probably be recurring.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think Bang is going to be one of those joke heroes, since he's on one of the OPM splash pics. He'll probably be recurring.

He's probably going to try and challenge Saitama after he OHKO's the asteroid. The guy seems very proud of his skills and probably won't like the fact Saitama can just steam roll him.

thetechkid

The Kuriboh nonsense or the part where he somehow fuses his Mammoth Graveyard into the enemy dragon to reduce its attack power? Big plays. LOL

Why play by the rules when you can be a dick instead and cheat?

1. Zexal - Doesn't take itself too seriously most of the time, and Yuma is pretty much the only main character in the series with a remotely realistic deck.
2. GX - Again doesn't take itself too seriously most of the time and is the most self-aware. Jaden blatantly stacks his deck though, there's no way an old-school Elemental Hero deck could ever be that consistent. Masked Heroes are a pretty cool concept.
3. 5Ds - Yusei's synchrons are easily the best MC archetype, but the way new Synchros magicially appear in his Extra Deck does grate after a while. The Synchro mechanic was a shot in the arm the game really needed, too. Turbo duels are just stupid, though.
4 OG - Yusei is lucky and Jaden stacks, but Yugi straight-up cheats. He'll bend the rules, break the rules or even make them up as he goes along if it'll net him the win. Granted, the actual card game didn't exist during the early parts of the story, but that still doesn't excuse Catapult Turtle.

You forgot that Zexal is the original but fixed to follow rules and not feature Brooklyn Rage, and 5Ds mentions parents dying every 5 minutes as a plot point.

Well hopefully he's closer to Saitama and Genos than Sonic is at least.

Either one is fine, I was just hoping he'd be humiliated because he seemed so confident.

Tales of Graces f 01

Not a bad intro. The beginning does give the whole thing more of a frame of the story which is nice. Childhood arc is just as slow as usual.

Qvoth

On the bright side Saitama has found a worthy foe
His 1st real worthy opponent comes out late in the original opm drawn by one, in fact chapter 88 (the latest) the fight has only just begun
threat level god, but that is self announced, so it might not be the case, but all the s rankers are getting destroyed other than the rank number 1 who still hasn't appeared

bigkrev

Yeah, but the Catapult Turtle thing is what made that stuff fun! If you want strict adherence to the rules, watch real games or something (I spend way too much time on the weekends watching tournament coverage of Magic on Twitch).

Speaking of Magic, I want to someday read the early Duel Masters manga where they played Magic, as the Duel Masters card game didn't exist yet. Has that ever been translated?

Hinatama 5
tumblr_mhkx6tuRQJ1rrougqo1_400.png

Need six just to see how Amano gets over his envy perhaps, with Ayato, or perhaps its disappointment that he gets no alone time with Ayato since the girls are all over him. Oh well, I cant imagine Ayato letting him go to the infirmary alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom