• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Nisio, you magnificent fucking troll!
5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

7 Seeds 65-66

Wow Natsu -.- she's surpassed Hana as worst character in the series

While Hana was annoying with her constant crying about her boyfriend, Natsu was always downright useless. I caught up and I still can't really stand her. She does get better, though. I'd definitely nominate her as the character with the slowest character development in that manga.

wonzo

Banned
food smut 8

what an orgasm

AKB49 108-109

And that's a wrap for the Yoshinaga arc. Thank god for that.

OPM Special

I hope we get to see more of the Blizzard sisters and their band of scrubs.

The Seven Deadly Sins 14

Holy shit, that was one hell of a beatdown by Meliodas.

Medaka Box 180

Read the spoilers a few days ago but still, that was nisio as fuck.

Akito

Medaka Box
Fresh~

Shokugeki no Soma
I like how the rules for challenges are defined, it makes sense that you cannot challenge the top seats if you're a nobody yourself.

wonzo

Banned
Hantsu x Trash 11

I can't wait to see the PANTY SHOT in action against these thugs.

Assassination Classroom 28

It looks like they're finally gonna flesh out Koro's backstory some more. About damn time too.

TWGOK 218

dat bodacious urara (yoiko v2.0)

Atredeus

Neo Member
Eyeshield 21 - 323

"Carrying natural springs only a black man could possess!"

Seriously, this crap is so racist it seems retarded. It's a shame, too... the rest of the manga has been pretty spectacular.

Eyeshield 21 - 324

"Using his long and slender arm characteristic of black people"... wtf? Just go a step further and compare him to a monkey, then.

Stinky

Eyeshield 21 - 323

Seriously, this crap is so racist it seems retarded. It's a shame, too... the rest of the manga has been pretty spectacular.

It is a bit awful. I just treat it like an old racist grandfather - more naive than outrageous

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aku no Hana 34-37:
And thus begins a new age in shiteating.

7 Seeds Volume 15

Well Ango and Ryo continue to be the two biggest ass holes on the planet, honestly if the other Teams could find a way to wipe them (and Madonna) off the remaining survivors would honestly not have any problems. As usual mistrust/crazies are the worst things in any survivor/disaster story.

Edit: Yeah fuck those dirty bitches! Something tells me Hana is going to stay "dead" though I'd be impressed if the author did keep her dead.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Smut

The sumo wrestler was kind of funny I guess

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shit Eaters R Us

So he's going to develop a vaguely normal relationship and Crazy Lady's gonna come back and fuck it up again by making him wear her gym clothes or some shit right
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 Seeds Volume 15

Well Ango and Ryo continue to be the two biggest ass holes on the planet, honestly if the other Teams could find a way to wipe them (and Madonna) off the remaining survivors would honestly not have any problems. As usual mistrust/crazies are the worst things in any survivor/disaster story.

Edit: Yeah fuck those dirty bitches! Something tells me Hana is going to stay "dead" though I'd be impressed if the author did keep her dead.

Mmm, yes, you will probably continue to hate them for awhile. They do get some character developement, and while I won't say that it redeems them, but at least shows how their time at the training camp affected them.

Medaka Box

Wow I really need to read this from the beginning! Starting this tonight.

Initial D chapter 642 and 643

Keisuke vs Hojo is still ongoing. Wish the chapters weren't so short. Hojo is slipping though and Keisuke looks to take the win in the next few chapters.

bigkrev

Eyeshield 21 - 323

Eyeshield 21 - 324

"Using his long and slender arm characteristic of black people"... wtf? Just go a step further and compare him to a monkey, then.

Its a 1700s view on black people. It really takes you out of the story.

Food Smut
Over under 8 more chapters before food literally is causing people to bust nuts?

Rorschach

I was reading Aku no Hana when it first started, but I didn't make it very far. All the characters in it are hateable with no redeeming qualities. I wanted them all to go on a murder-suicide pact, but it never happened. The main character is the most hateable character in all of comics. I never knew it was possible to hate ink, but I do now. I wish I could hate him out of existence. If he ever dies in the manga, someone let me know. I have to watch his death.

Do you guys just keep reading it because it's super interesting?

Kusagari

Aku no Hana 34-37

It's hilarious how obvious it is that the second he gets into an actual relationship with this girl, crazy chick will show back up and make him do perverted stuff or she'll tell his new girlfriend their past.

And his new girlfriend will probably be just as shit eater crazy as the last girl he liked.

I was reading Aku no Hana when it first started, but I didn't make it very far. All the characters in it are hateable with no redeeming qualities. I wanted them all to go on a murder-suicide pact, but it never happened. The main character is the most hateable character in all of comics. I never knew it was possible to hate ink, but I do now. I wish I could hate him out of existence. If he ever dies in the manga, someone let me know. I have to watch his death.

If you're reading it trying to find characters you'll actually like then you're doing it wrong.

flawfuls

Well actually....

Rorschach

Well actually....
:O Now I have to skim through!
If you're reading it trying to find characters you'll actually like then you're doing it wrong.

Well, the writing and dialogue were also bad. If you can't find anyone in the story to relate to, empathize with, or at least find entertaining, then there's nothing keeping me reading. I think it's probably because he's such a spineless piece of shit. I can't stand his personality and irrational behavior.

Soma

To LOVE-Ru Darkness 28

hahaha that faucet reflection

Oh that sly Yabuki!

Well, the writing and dialogue were also bad. If you can't find anyone in the story to relate to, empathize with, or at least find entertaining, then there's nothing keeping me reading. I think it's probably because he's such a spineless piece of shit. I can't stand his personality and irrational behavior.

Eh I'm in the same boat. The only thing keeping me interested are the trainwrecks and the latest volume had none of that so it was pretty damn boring as a result.

7 Seeds to 104

*thumbs up*

Well God's Beard and others I must say it took me awhile but I'm on board, this really is a good series. While I did enjoy earlier parts like Team Winter, the Bunker, and the Summer A training plots, really it was seeing Summer B interact with Ango and Ryo that really made me love this series. It really ties all the themes and plot lines together and is fantastic. Will finish catching up tomorrow after work, good stuff.

Skab

Aku no Hana 34-37

It's hilarious how obvious it is that the second he gets into an actual relationship with this girl, crazy chick will show back up and make him do perverted stuff or she'll tell his new girlfriend their past.

And his new girlfriend will probably be just as shit eater crazy as the last girl he liked.

Slight spoiler but apparently
Saeki shows up
in ch. 40. So that could be interesting.

Or really boring.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 Seeds to 104

*thumbs up*

Well God's Beard and others I must say it took me awhile but I'm on board, this really is a good series. While I did enjoy earlier parts like Team Winter, the Bunker, and the Summer A training plots, really it was seeing Summer B interact with Ango and Ryo that really made me love this series. It really ties all the themes and plot lines together and is fantastic. Will finish catching up tomorrow after work, good stuff.

Yeah, the individual vignettes are great but it's how it ties it all together that makes it great.

Glad to see that you're enjoying it.

Kusagari

It does have horrible writing and dialogue. I don't think anyone here will deny that. You either like reading/watching trainwrecks or you don't.

Yeah, the individual vignettes are great but it's how it ties it all together that makes it great.

Glad to see that you're enjoying it.

It's probably the longest I've taken for a series to really click, makes it hard to recommend to someone unless they're willing to stick with it though the long haul.

Guess I better figure out what I'm going to read next lol any early suggestions would be awesome.

It's probably the longest I've taken for a series to really click, makes it hard to recommend to someone unless they're willing to stick with it though the long haul.

Guess I better figure out what I'm going to read next lol any early suggestions would be awesome.

7 Seeds starts really slow and introducing Natsu as the first main character really doesn't help, not to mention the art. But I'm glad I read it. It's just so good and wakes many different emotions. Also made me think about how I'd do in a survival situation like this.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Interesting 28:

The most interesting faucet.

Lain

Noragami volume 2
zrl.jpg

I was considering not buying more of this, but that cover made me do it.
In the end it was a good purchase, this second volume was better than the first, mostly because of the humor -more hit and less miss- as well as there being some (little) backround info about Yato.
There is the introduction of the Binbogami (so different from the one in Binbogami, this one is cute and cheerful and also a big idiot), who helps Yato while Bishamon (the girl on the cover and a war God) was hellbent on trying to kill him and also, in the closing page, a character named Nora makes her appearance.
Will probably keep following now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom