• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece 698:

[sarcasm]Just like Ace's tattoo always had the S marked off because of Sabo[/sarcasm]. Oda may not have characters gaining power ups from using two hands, but it doesn't mean he isn't "adding" things as he goes along. It's just less obvious.

I'm not saying that Oda had Haki already set out from the very beginning, just that he had plans to do something like Haki from early on.

Considering Luffy hasn't had a great solo fight since Lucci, and the last Logia he fought was barely a fight, I'd say it's better we disagree.

That has everything to do with shitty opponents and nothing to do with Haki.

Doflamingo's relevance will end the moment Law and Luffy destroy his supply of SAD. That doesn't make good company with the rest of the established Emperor Haki users (including Boa, aka Luffy's future love interest).

You forgot to tag this sarcasm.

If you can't tell the story difference between a character like Doflamingo and characters like Shanks, Whitebeard, and Ace in regards to Luffy, then just ignore my comments.

Ehh I think you're underselling the importance of Donflamingo to the world of One Piece, but time will reveal who's right about that.

Kusagari

One Piece 698:
If you can't tell the story difference between a character like Doflamingo and characters like Shanks, Whitebeard, and Ace in regards to Luffy, then just ignore my comments.

Those three are clearly more important than Doflamingo to the story. Rayleigh and especially Hancock aren't. Rayleigh really was just there to tell us some info on Roger and train Luffy. I doubt he does much of anything from here on out. Hancock has absolutely no case at all. Your only argument is a theory that has as much going for it as Smoker being "Luffy's Garp."

Doesn't seem like we'll see eye-to-eye regardless though.

[sarcasm]Just like Ace's tattoo always had the S marked off because of Sabo[/sarcasm]. Oda may not have characters gaining power ups from using two hands, but it doesn't mean he isn't "adding" things as he goes along. It's just less obvious.

That might be so but Haki seem to be set up for a good while .
The first time we heard about was from BB but it got translated then right after we had a whole arc about it .

Considering Luffy hasn't had a great solo fight since Lucci, and the last Logia he fought was barely a fight, I'd say it's better we disagree.

It don't matter if Luffy had a great one on one fight .
Since the time skip the SH have beating 3 logia users which shows just being a logia is not a big deal anymore.
Having them always look for a logia weakness and it always being around it was not going to happen for the rest of the manga .

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ihq2SZhwHu9Hp.png

But it makes sense for those that do have it to rise to the top. But if nameless cannon fodder start using it then I'm calling shenanigans.

There were 5 million Fishmen on Fishmen Island alone. Which is enough to account for the current 5 living Conqueror's Haki users in that random statistic. If anything, the Kuja were vastly overestimating the number of Conqueror's Haki users out there.

Have people talked about how stupid the power of love sounds? I don't know if that was just horrible translating, it probably is, but considering this is a shounen manga I wouldn't be surprised.

Also I love how this time the Hokages, the first two anyway, were given more personality. Hashirama being goofy is amazing, and I loved how strict Tobirama is, still my favorite hokage.

It wasn't the power of love. The hokage gave an example on how the Uchiha can be badly affected by love, but more so how their Sharingan powers develops according to their emotional state after.

but yeah, bad writing from Kishimoto.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece 698:Doflamingo's relevance will end the moment Law and Luffy destroy his supply of SAD. That doesn't make good company with the rest of the established Emperor Haki users (including Boa, aka Luffy's future love interest).

In a series where even sub-villains from a decade ago reappear to be major arc characters, are you really that confident that Doflamingo will cease being important after this saga?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Hmm I'm not that surprised about Flamingo having Emperor's Haki for one reason. He seems to have the same personality traits as all the other characters that have it.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
In a series where even sub-villains from a decade ago reappear to be major arc characters, are you really that confident that Doflamingo will cease being important after this saga?

Heh yea, who would have thought Buggy and Bon Chan would be a big deal!

789shadow

Banned
I still don't get why Kreed thinks Doflamingo having EH is bull. It seems to be that he never showed signs of it before, but that's just whining and making things up.

I wish there was something else to Emperor Haki though. Right now it seems to only be used as something to wipe out scrubs.

It's like the biggest time and energy saver for people when fighting big numbers lol
Still that should come in handy since the SH going to be fighting large crews.

For eg in a SBS Oda said Shanks would have KO all 100 ,000 fighters during FI uprising which would have save them a lot of trouble.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
XDrake was trying to go up against Kaidou before the time skip, I'm a bit curious as to what happened to him.

Reading back, he went up against the protector of one of his territories. He looks like a robot with a scarecrow hat.

I'm curious on what's up with Jewelery Bonney. I know she's in Marine custody, but the way Sakazuki talked about her, she sounds kind of important.

rouken

Big Mom. At least I remember Big Mom's people were complaining about him.

oh, so the next arc would be luffy coming across kidd to fight with big mom, i was hoping their reunion would be soon. i love seeing law, kidd and luffy together.

XDrake was trying to go up against Kaidou before the time skip, I'm a bit curious as to what happened to him.

he got a sick ass hairdo that's what happened to him.

250px-X_Drake_post_timeskip.jpg

Qvoth

In the Chinese scans, the lineage factor law mentioned vegapunk found out is translated as something like bloodline gene.. And I'm willing to bet it has something to do with D
Hell even SAD has the letter D

Shouta

I thought it was only a single special chapter. Is it actually more then that?

It might be only a single chapter. It's part of a series of manga that got revived though. I think those are getting made into tankoubon and being sold later. All the proceeds of that aside from the product costs are going to aid recovery efforts in Japan as clean-up and the like is still going on from the Earthquake in 2011.

Apparently, the chapter is out from what I'm reading from the Japanese folks commenting on it.

upandaway

Mentioning Uvougin reminds me that for some reason when there was this close up of Doflamingo hand with the strings for a second I thought he formed his Haki like Nen despite knowing he has a string/puppeteer devil fruit. Probably the influence of all the training in the current HxH anime episodes.
If I start thinking in Nen I can never stop, since it fits freaking everything.

It's a secret to everyone, but Uvo is pretty much my favorite character ever (if I ever admit to having one). He's pretty cool.

One Piece:

AND ..... WHAT... THE... HELL... ODA?! Another Break? We just came off a 3-week break, and he even had a break right before that happened! I figured it was all due to Movie Z, but since that's already out, it must be some other reason for all these breaks. I just prey to GOD he doesnt pull a Togashi and get sick, I couldn't live without my One Piece :(
Oda always takes one or two breaks very soon following New Year's. At least be glad he didn't take it immediately after Jump's breaks like he did before, that's much worse.

Slam Dunk 15 - 18

So glad this judo stuff and pics of young girl are over was a really boring miniarc and had no Rukawa. At least it shows he has some interest in basketball for his fellow companions on the team.

Also got more manga today (tues)
tumblr_mhs7t3mF9q1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Jintor

Toradora Vol 1-2

My first impulse manga purchase. It's kinda fun!

I am vaguely unsettled by the implication the anime came before the manga

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Toradora Vol 1-2

My first impulse manga purchase. It's kinda fun!

I am vaguely unsettled by the implication the anime came before the manga

I rather wonder if there's a reason for a manga after the anime in the first place

Soma

Horimiya 16

Miyamura really sucks at rock paper scissor.

Also, I like how they manage to make misunderstandings in this manga not completely cringe-worthy and actually pretty amusing as a result (as far as these types of stories go anyhow).

Naruto
Naruto F

Wtf is this even supposed to mean? Uchiha get OP because of love? What exactly does Sasuke love, then? Naruto? Fuck this garbage.

Come on man, what´s so hard to understand. Love is passionate and when you lose someone you love (get killed) of course love will turn to hate. There´s a fine line between the 2.

Toriko

Haha, the chief is great. He´s such a beast. I can´t wait to see what granny and the others can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom