• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
Naruto 619 (Rey Mysterio?)

This is the first time we've seen what the Second Hokage is like, and in some ways he's kind of similar to Danzo. This chapter actually turned out pretty well because they finally covered him and we're learning a bit more about the first too. I didn't expect him to be like Naruto, I figured he'd be more calm and collected.

Although I admit, I do kind of find it rather humorous that Sasuke is staring at him like that at the end when this is the person that defeated Madara with the Nine Tails at the same time.

Akito

Yandere Kanojo

ieZ1rebKDXYla.jpg

Good for you Shiratori but I think you still have a long way to go.

RagnarokX

Naruto

So... the Uchiha are a ripoff of the Vulcans from Star Trek. They repress their emotions because their emotions are so strong that they did some sick shit in the past because of them. Remember that episode of Next Generation where a Vulcan terrorist finds an ancient Vulcan weapon that kills people using emotion but Picard reveals that it can't kill anyone who isn't being aggressive?

Dresden

serial experiments lain - the nightmare of fabrication -

1. Wow, I remember nothing about Lain.

2. Supposedly it was a bonus one-shot included in an artbook, and is not related to the anime.

3. What happened seems clear enough, yet the why remains elusive, kinda like my memories of the anime itself.

4. ABe is a bro.

KlVSWdx.png

Metal B

I wish there was something else to Emperor Haki though. Right now it seems to only be used as something to wipe out scrubs.
Wasn't there somekind of passiv charima bonus to the ability. People with the Emperor Haki have an charming aura around them, what helps them getting follower. That's why the biggest leader in One Piece have the Emperor Haki. It's the ability of an born leader.

So it makes sense that people like Boa (leader of the amazon kingdom), Doflamingo (leader of the biggest crime synadicate), the four emperors and the marine commanders have this power. There are all born leaders. That Rayleigh has the power, could only be an exception to the rule, so that he can explain Haki to the audience and Luffy (Plot-holes for the sake of the story). That Ace doesn't had the Emperor Haki would also make perfect sense. He never was the leader typ and much more supported Whitebeard. It would not be suprised, if Buggy also has the Emperor Haki. He always has an easy time, get people around and follow him.

Jintor

Goddamn english publishers buy Yandere Kanojo and make it so I can buy a physical copy already

I'LL GIVE YOU MONEY

TAKE MY MONEY

really enjoy this chapter, Hashirama/Tobirama seems kinda similar with Sarutobi/Danzou. I even like the reasoning behind sharingan, which make Obito turning dark more believable.

and I love that kid Tsunade picture, she already like gambling since that age huh. she must be around 4 or 5 years old in that pic. hahaha

I can't wait till these new punks get put in their place. I kept expecting Oga to come out of nowhere with one punch and quickly reestablish his dominance, but I s'pose that's already been done to hell in this manga.

really enjoy this chapter, Hashirama/Tobirama seems kinda similar with Sarutobi/Danzou. I even like the reasoning behind sharingan, which make Obito turning dark more believable.

and I love that kid Tsunade picture, she already like gambling since that age huh. she must be around 4 or 5 years old in that pic. hahaha
Ditto. The info dump on the Sharigan made me much less critical of all the HATRED and DARKNESS shenanigans in the past. Probably one of my favorite chapters in a long time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Screaming lessons 3

It's really weird watching these cute shoujo art style grade schoolers basically being pulled into fates worse than death.

Kusagari

Aunt Tits 66

Just fuck the aunt already.

Beelzebub 191

Really not feeling this arc. And now more characters got introduced? Blah.

Lain

Shiki vol 11 [END]
yzl.jpg

The level of violence the villagers resorted to, in the end, felt worse than all the vampires did. They even murdered the people at the sanctuary in cold blood and those were normal humans. The scene with the mob raising the weapon on Miwako was chilling.
So I was happy that Seishin was able to escape with Sunako after turning into a werewolf (at least I think he's become one and not a vampire). It also kinda felt like poetic justice for that giant dude to get killed that way by Seishin as he was getting excited for torturing Sunako.

I did feel bad for Megumi. The way she dies and she thinking she has finally left the village.

Aunt Tits 66

On reflection, I kinda like the way things've been handled so far, i.e. with the flitting around and changing of targets rather than working through them in some sort of fixed order.

serial experiments lain - the nightmare of fabrication -

2. Supposedly it was a bonus one-shot included in an artbook, and is not related to the anime.
Yep, it came from 'An Omnipresence In Wired'. There's an English version in this:

img085avuw3.jpg

Though the translation's different. One of the few proper artbooks I own.

GManDH

Naruto
Def. did not expect this. really enjoyed this chapter. nice twist. as much as i hate background story naruto needs a lot of it since kishi leaves so much out.
One Piece
call me a mark if you want to, but i love OP. great set up for another arc. didnt like the synthetic DF thing, but was still a good chapter. i hate smoker but that last page was awesome.
Toriko
i only have one thing to say for this chapter......YAY CHEFS!!!!!

Kokonoe

Banned
Naruto

I know I already talked about Naruto, but I forgot to mention that I'm actually rather confused about the Senju and Uchiha now. If the Uchiha are the ones that value 'love', then are the two elder sons reversed?

Senju Clan Ancestor

believed that love was the key to peace.

I will treasure this

but I won't use it orz

I really gotta rewatch Lain some day. I bet not being 14 and knowing shit about things really helps make that series even better.

My gift to you.

That's okay, my intentions were not for you to actually use it.

RagnarokX

Naruto

I know I already talked about Naruto, but I forgot to mention that I'm actually rather confused about the Senju and Uchiha now. If the Uchiha are the ones that value 'love', then are the two elder sons reversed?

Senju Clan Ancestor

They both value love. It's just that the Uchiha get a power boost through experiencing intense emotions and they created a bunch of twisted rituals like killing best friends and making themselves emotionally unstable to gain power.

Jintor

I'm really disliking stuff released in omnibus formats. Too damn big.

The Girl Friends volumes are right on the outer edge of comfortable to hold. Actually, they're probably about half over the bridge... unfortunately the pacing supports the split exactly where it is.

Jintor

Weirdly the paper/digital divide applies for me even with manga. I just like physical copies more, even if digital is more convenient

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The only books I want in physical forms anymore are art books pretty much. I dunno, the tablet is more convenient since I travel often.

Kokonoe

Banned
They both value love. It's just that the Uchiha get a power boost through experiencing intense emotions and they created a bunch of twisted rituals like killing best friends and making themselves emotionally unstable to gain power.

Well, the Uchiha clan ancestor was explained like this

Uchiha clan ancestor

He inherited the Sage's "eyes" — his powerful chakra and spiritual energy. He believed that force and strength were the key to peace. When the Sage was on his deathbed, he selected the younger brother to carry on his dream of establishing peace throughout the ninja world. The older brother, angry and jealous that his father had not chosen him, fought his younger sibling to claim what he felt was rightfully his. The elder brother's descendants, who would become the Uchiha clan, would continue this fight with the younger brother's descendants, the Senju clan

If force and strength were his key to peace, then this doesn't quite add up. The siblings were represented as polar opposites, unless Madara Uchiha is actually lying (including to Tobi).

RagnarokX

Well, the Uchiha clan ancestor was explained like this

Uchiha clan ancestor

If force and strength were his key to peace, then this doesn't quite add up. The siblings were represented as polar opposites, unless Madara Uchiha is actually lying (including to Tobi).

And they get that force/strength by cutting themselves. They are very emotional, but they don't believe that's the key to piece. They use their strong emotions as a tool to gain power so they can force peace.

Kurita

The only books I want in physical forms anymore are art books pretty much. I dunno, the tablet is more convenient since I travel often.

Mangas/books/Comics are the only thing where I don't want to go digital.
I love having a huge physical collection of mangas in my room.

Kokonoe

Banned
And they get that force/strength by cutting themselves. They are very emotional, but they don't believe that's the key to piece. They use their strong emotions as a tool to gain power so they can force peace.

Hmm, I'm starting to understand this now. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom