• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
What's the source on this? I don't remember it from a color spread, but my memory could just be bad.

It wasn't a colorspread. Its a special piece that author drew for a One Piece event (that I believe Shonen Jump sold as a poster/print there).

WocdrTg.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece 698:

It's already difficult enough to tolerate Oda giving everyone of importance Haki and/or CP9 abilities since Oda came up with these "Logia equalizers" after the fact, since obviously it has become too hard to have Luffy find creative ways to defeat Logia opponents (not to mention that it looks like every serious villain Luffy will face going forward will have Emperor Haki).

Despite all of this, I could accept Doflamingo having one of the other two forms of Haki all of a sudden after all the years we've known his character, but Emperor level is too much. For one thing he is in the same group as Boa Hancock, who hyped up Emperor Haki as being rare AND it pretty much made her special outside of her one hit kill move. Hell, it doesn't even make sense going back to the White Beard battle, where it was special for Luffy to have Emperor Haki and to demonstrate that while fighting to the crowd. And honestly, Doflamingo just brings it down as an ability. The Emperors? Good. Black Beard? Obviously. Boa? Ok. Rayleigh? Great. Why? Because they are all way more important to the story than anyone else Luffy has come across.

Doflamingo...BS, regardless of his past as a leader/what ever story Oda comes up with to make him a great puppet master/etc... Doflamingo isn't any more special than Crocodile, Lucci, or any of the other bad guys Luffy's defeated. He shouldn't have Emperor Haki.
Not to mention that Ace having the emperor´s haki and not using it against Blackbeard is the dumbest thing ever.

Jintor

Oh, the thing on the back is like "smash-hit anime now a manga!" (even though afaik it was never dubbed in english and released only as a sub-only thingy)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It wasn't a colorspread. Its a special piece that author drew for a One Piece event (that I believe Shonen Jump sold as a poster/print there).

Oh, this is very interesting. Thanks.

Man, as much as I want to speculate on Bonney's appearance there, there's nothing to go on.

Man. The only manga I still own are Solanin, Ghost in the Shell, and the first copy of Shonen Jump I ever bought back in 2001. I do want to get a copy of Vita Arcana and some art books by various dudes. Maybe a copy of Prison School.

Oh, I still have the whole series of Dragon Ball in the original single issues in storage.

dumbyugi

Yandere Kanojo 48

Yay!! It's about time they got together. It looks like he's hover-handing on that last page but it could just be the way it's drawn.

If you are literally arguing that you would have written One Piece better than Oda then lol okay bro.
Lol lol holy shit. Desperate man´s last defense.
One Piece 698:

I had no reason to be disappointed until Doflamingo got the ability. If you have an image of Oda showing signs of Doflamingo having Emperor level Haki chapters ago I'll drop the complaint.

No one Most of us who complain/praise/comment about One Piece, Naruto, Bleach or any manga in this topic are not claiming they can do a better job of writing those mangas than the authors in questions. We're just commenting on the mangas we read. There is no argument to win in regards to me thinking I could do One Piece better than Oda when I didn't make that claim nor have been trying to make that claim when I've complain about One Piece or any of other dozens of non One Piece mangas I complain about that don't turn into multi page weekly One Piece arguments since OT1. I wouldn't even take a comment like that personal because it's not even disrespectful to me, vs just being a poor reaction to people who may have negative opinions about mangas you think more positively about.
just being a poor reaction to people who may have negative opinions about mangas you think more positively about.
Exactly.

Man. The only manga I still own are Solanin, Ghost in the Shell, and the first copy of Shonen Jump I ever bought back in 2001. I do want to get a copy of Vita Arcana and some art books by various dudes. Maybe a copy of Prison School.

Oh, I still have the whole series of Dragon Ball in the original single issues in storage.

Get some Osamu Tezuka damnit. The mangas are still great. Especially Apollo's Song, Blackjack, Buddha and Ode to Kirihito.

Jintor

Got any ideas for one or two volume manga I'm likely to find at my local Kinokuniya? Something like Solanin or Girl Friends that wraps up quickly and I won't have to spend like $200 on.

Beelzebub 192

All hyped for a fight only to be disappointed. Where the hell is Toujou? Also I want to see Aoi vs her new female rival!

Nasu was the only interesting part of the chapter, boring otherwise. Oga blasting a wall would have been cool if it wasn't done so many times by now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 46

But they still got Shiraishi's body.

Evil Girl's hair still fucking idiotic. Possibly worse than drill hair.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Got any ideas for one or two volume manga I'm likely to find at my local Kinokuniya? Something like Solanin or Girl Friends that wraps up quickly and I won't have to spend like $200 on.

See if you can get the Robot books.

Relatively self contained, though there are a few continuing stories, but it's pretty good if only for the art.

Jintor

See if you can get the Robot books.

Relatively self contained, though there are a few continuing stories, but it's pretty good if only for the art.

Nah, don't think I'm looking for short story collections or 16-page one-shots... just something that's only a few volumes long.

I kinda wish they sorted by mangaka at Kino, I wanted more Inio Asano but the only thing I could find was Solanin which i already have

Antiwhippy

Nah, don't think I'm looking for short story collections or 16-page one-shots... just something that's only a few volumes long.

I kinda wish they sorted by mangaka at Kino, I wanted more Inio Asano but the only thing I could find was Solanin which i already have

Which kino do you go to BTW?

So was 7 Seeds but know how that turned out.

We're not talking about the same thing here. I'm looking to buy manga for reference, not reading.

Hmm... sounds like you might like Terra Formars.

Antiwhippy

Oh what, there's one in Australia? The only one I've ever been to is Singapore. I wish there's one here in Melbourne.

I guess for Melbourne we have Minotaur.

BTW, it might not be your thing but give uzumaki a whirl. 3 volumes only.

Pokemon Adventure D/P/P Vol. 7

I do like this shift in dynamics where the three characters were always together are now apart. Feels bad how easily they all got beaten by Team Galactic so easily though I'm looking forward to their training arcs now. Though I guess expect Dia, I do wonder what's he going to do playing stowaway in Team Galactic HQ.

remz

I like Oda's nine tails in the background a lot. Murata is godlike as always. It's really weird seing Togashi actually draw something serious after his Jojo contribution.

as for Kubo, his Orochimaru is pretty sweet but I don't like that naruto much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom